Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

Flames of Blood Banner10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

Flames of Blood Banner10

Warrior Cats Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flames of Blood

+10
Sunbeam
Noxe
Nyx
Lilacstar
Frost
Rainfeather
Icestar
Honeystar
Birdstar
Stareye
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Flames of Blood Empty Flames of Blood

Post by Stareye September 22nd 2011, 22:09

This is a fanfic I started a long time ago, but I was too busy with my other stories to write this one much. I recently started writing it again, and I decided to post it here to share it. I hope you enjoy and please give constructive critism!

Fan List:
Icetail
Rainfeather
Sunbeam

Chapter 1
Brambleclaw felt as if his lungs were filled with ice, freezing all of his emotions inside him. Could I really do this? Brambleclaw asked himself, Can I really kill my own leader? Firestar lay with his neck caught in the trap, the life fading in his eyes with every second.
"Well? What are you waiting for? I don't want to become leader when I am an elder!" Hawkfrost spat beside him. Before Brambleclaw could respond, a voice whispered in his ear, "This is what I have been training you for, my son. Power over everything, without any pitiful loyalties to stop you." Tigerstar's voice echoed like rumbling thunder in Brambleclaw's mind, and Brambleclaw thought of all he could be capable of. Exiling or killing any cat that dared question him, having the territories under the rule of his claws.
Brambleclaw smirked at the thought and stepped forward. Quick as a flash, he tightened the trap around Firestar's throat. Firestar gasped and coughed up blood, the shock and betrayal in his eyes cut short as the life evaporated from his body. After a long moment, Firestar finally stopped twitching, and Brambleclaw swore he could see Firestar's lives rise out of him like a fine mist, until vanishing into nothingness. Even Firestar's once awesome coloured pelt seemed dull, his once bright green eyes defeated.
Hawkfrost stood still for a moment, his expression blank, then he yowled his joy to the gray sky.
"You did it, Brambleclaw! The clans is ours!" Hawkfrost was almost bouncing up and down like a kit.
"But it isn't over yet. The other leaders are still alive. Quick, you need to get Firestar out of that trap and make his death look like an accident." Tigerstar's voice was so urgent Brambleclaw felt like his head would burst open. Hawkfrost slowly stopped his escastic victory dance, and Brambleclaw knew he heard Tigerstar's voice too.
The two half brothers never worked faster before in their lives. As Hawkfrost wrestled the knot out of Firestar's neck, Brambleclaw rinsed the blood of his paws in the lake. Once Hawkfrost tossed the fox trap into the lake, he helped Brambleclaw scratch his pelt into a nearly shredded mess.
Before they knew it, pawsteps approached, and Hawkfrost dived into the lake, quickly swimming away from the shore and under the surface.
Ashfur, Squirrelflight and Leafpool burst out of the bushes, and Squirrelflight and Leafpool gasped in unison.
"What happened? Oh, Firestar, please wake up!" Leafpool sobbed, crashing to her father's side.
"Hawkfrost killed him. I tried my best, but he was too strong." Brambleclaw explained, doing his best to make his voice sound sad.
Squirrelflight sniffed the air, and her eyes stretched wide with horror.
"I knew something was wrong with that flea bag, but why would he do this?" Squirrelflight mewed, her usually strong and confident attitude shaken.
"I am sorry Squirrelflight." Brambleclaw whispered, surprised at how convincing his voice sounded.
"It's not your fault, Brambleclaw. I can tell you tried." Squirrelflight said, licking the mock wounds on his flank.
After a moment of shocked silence, Ashfur finally spoke.
"I guess we should get him back to camp."
"We'll carry him, Ashfur. Sandstorm will want to hear the news from us first." Leafpool offered, and without a word, she and Squirrelflight began to drag Firestar's body back to camp.
Once they were out of earshot, Ashfur grinned evilly.
"So the plan went well, I assume?" Ashfur asked, unusually polite.
"It did." Brambleclaw responded, careful not to say anything more. Ashfur may have been happy to help them here, but he was still loyal to ThunderClan, and that meant he wouldn't like what was going to happen next.

Unsurprisingly, ThunderClan had been in chaos when Brambleclaw and Ashfur got back. Brambleclaw could hear from ten fox lengths away the yowls of shock and grief and the promises to get revenge on Hawkfrost. It had been easy for Brambleclaw to take charge.
The next day it was hard to leave to get his nine lives. ThunderClan was hesitant to be without a leader again.

“Are you sure you don’t need a patrol to accompany you?” Squirrelflight fussed, licking a healing wound Hawkfrost inflicted on Brambleclaw’s flank.
“It’s tradition for the deputy and medicine cat to travel alone to the Moonpool; trust me, we’ll be fine.” Brambleclaw said, but he felt strangely empty. Squirrelflight would never have been so clingy on him before, and her loss of spirit disturbed him. When Brambleclaw stared into Squirrelflight’s dull green eyes, he felt his own confidence drain into a black pool of infinity. Firestar’s death must have affected Squirrelflight and the clan more than Brambleclaw thought.
“Brambleclaw, we should get going.” Leafpool mewed. Brambleclaw turned to face the medicine cat and nodded, and without another word, followed her out of the camp.

The journey to the moonpool was silent; even the birds seemed to have stopped their singing to grieve in the gray, still evening. The only sound in the forest was Brambleclaw and Leafpool’s paw steps, their eyes blank as they each turned inward to their own thoughts.
After what seemed like a lifetime, they arrived at the moonpool just as the sun disappeared over the horizon. After Leafpool’s brief instructions, Brambleclaw crouched on the rock and dipped his nose in the icy water, and was swept into sleep immediately.

This is StarClan? Brambleclaw thought as he looked around. This is kind of a dump for StarClan territory. The forest around him was dark, the trees gray and twisted with sickness. The bushes seemed to reach out at him like enormous claws, and the dwindling sunlight above was strangely cold on Brambleclaw’s fur. Brambleclaw looked left and saw a much darker forest, and the scents blowing from it’s depths betrayed it’s identity right away to Brambleclaw.
That’s the place where Tigerstar visits me! So this must be the border between this forest and StarClan! Brambleclaw thought.
He turned his head in the other direction to head into StarClan for his nine lives, only to find Bluestar in his way. Bluestar looked furious, his fangs curled back in the fiercest snarl he’d ever seen.
“You.. you traitor!” Bluestar spat.
Before Brambleclaw could respond, Bluestar swiped at him, and Brambleclaw stumbled backward.
“I thought you were the worthy choice to find a new home for the clans, but now you.. you expect us to give you nine lives just to fill our clans new homes with.. with.. blood?!” Bluestar growled, advancing on Brambleclaw.
Terrified and confused, Brambleclaw backed away from Bluestar, going further and further into the dark forest.
“I can’t belive you betrayed yourself and your clan so much.” Bluestar snarled.
“How, how did I betray me!?” Brambleclaw yowled in fear.
“Your whole life your own clan looked down on you because you were Tigerstar’s son, and you proved them right!” Bluestar spat, raising her paw, claws fully unsheathed.
“Wait! Bluestar, I can deal with this.” Another cat appeared, his bright orange pelt badly standing out in the black undergrowth.
“Firestar!?” Brambleclaw gasped, ashamed of himself that he was quickly losing control of the situation.
“You killed me, why are you surprised I am here?” Firestar hissed, raking his claws across Brambleclaw’s face.
“Get your claws off my son!” A voice roared, a brown blur slamming Firestar against a tree. Five other cats Brambleclaw didn’t recognize surrounded Bluestar, and Bluestar’s eyes quickly filled with fear.
Wait, Brambleclaw thought, I recognize one of those cats. That one is Darkstripe!
The cat that attacked Firestar pinned him down, digging his claws into Firestar’s scruff. Brambleclaw saw the V- shaped scar on his ear, and knew it was Tigerstar.
“Don’t even try getting away, Firestar. I’ve always been more stronger than you.” Tigerstar said as Firestar struggled weakly in his grasp.
Being smashed into that tree must have left him weak. Great technique! Brambleclaw concluded.
“You can’t do this!” Bluestar yowled, and Brambleclaw tilted his head in confusion. What did Bluestar mean?
Tigerstar narrowed his eyes and smirked powerfully.
“You’re trespassing on our territory, I think that’s a good enough reason to… keep you here for awhile.” Tigerstar said smoothly.
Bluestar’s eyes widened with panic and she tried breaking away from her captors, but a cat with a crooked tail chased her back in, hissing fiercely.
“Darkstripe, wait at the StarClan border and tell them that if they want Bluestar and Firestar back, they won’t warn the medicine cats at what were up to.” Tigerstar ordered, and Darkstripe dashed off.
Bluestar wailed in terror, and Brambleclaw woke with a start.
“Brambleclaw-er, star! You were yowling in your sleep! Did something go wrong?” Leafpool’s mew was dripping with concern.
“Er, no. Everything’s fine. Come on, let’s get back to camp.” Brambleclaw said.
No. I don’t care if StarClan refused my nine lives, it’s Bramblestar
now. Bramblestar thought, smiling to himself.

Chapter 2
Squirrelflight listened to the crickets in the distance. There was no signs of any clouds in the sky, so it would probably be a good night for a gathering.
Two quarter moons passed since Bramblestar became leader, and ThunderClan was preparing to go to the gathering soon. Leafpool was still tending to the last of Bramblestar’s wounds, so Squirrelflight knew ThunderClan would be the last to arrive.
The rest of the cats chosen to go were already waiting; Ashfur, the new deputy, waited near the entrance. Longtail, Mousefur, and Daisy sat outside the medicine cat den, chatting about the recent gossip in the clan.

Last edited by Stareye on September 15th 2012, 20:50; edited 2 times in total
Stareye
Stareye
Reviewer
Reviewer

Custom Rank : Wannabe Storyteller
WarriorPoints : 6294
Female Posts : 598

Warrior Information
Attack Power : N/A

Back to top Go down

Flames of Blood Empty Re: Flames of Blood

Post by Birdstar September 22nd 2011, 22:45

This sounds really good so far! Brambleclaw with a twist! Wink Keep up the awesome work and keep writing! Very Happy

Last edited by -Applefur- on September 23rd 2011, 18:25; edited 1 time in total
Birdstar
Birdstar
WindClan Warrior
WindClan Warrior

Custom Rank : 2 Birdyful 4 U
WarriorPoints : 7826
Female Posts : 2125

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 42,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 23rd 2011, 18:14

Brambleclaw the evil kitty...

Back to top Go down

Post by Stareye September 24th 2011, 19:15

Here's the rest of chapter 2! I've been working on this for at least 2 hours so I need a break...

Whitepaw and Birchpaw ran circles around Brackenfur, Brightheart and Spiderleg while Stormfur, Rainwhisker and Cloudtail sat by the entrance in silence. After what seemed like a whole season, Bramblestar emerged from the medicine cat den, closely followed by Leafpool.
“Come on, were going to be late.” Bramblestar ordered, and the cats rose to their paws and followed their leader out of the camp.
As Squirrelflight had predicted, ThunderClan was the last clan to arrive. The ThunderClan cats shot hateful glares towards RiverClan, and the other three clans soon started whispering in confusion.
The other clans are still blind to the murder, huh? Squirrelflight thought angrily. Just wait until Bramblestar tells them everything!
But when Squirrelflight looked up at the branch Bramblestar was sitting on, he shot her a sharp glance.
I guess he doesn’t want to start a war over it.. the stupid furball. Squirrelflight thought.
It wasn’t long before the last leader climbed up the tree. Squirrelflight couldn’t see him through the shadows, but when he stepped out to sit beside Bramblestar, Squirrelflight felt her heart stop for a moment.
“Hawkfrost!?” She cried, and ThunderClan instantly erupted in outraged yowls and screeches.
This has to be a mistake, Leopardstar has to be around her somewhere. Squirrelflight looked through the crowd where RiverClan was sitting, but she couldn’t find the distinct spotted coat of Leopardstar anywhere.
Leopardstar and Mistyfoot died around the same time as Firestar? Something is wrong here…
As WindClan and ShadowClan made their announcements, Squirrelflight listened with a heavy heart, unable to shake off the feeling that there was a terrible thing happening in the clans. She felt like she was going to be sick when Hawkfrost-or Hawkstar- stood up to make his announcements.
“Tragedy has befallen RiverClan. Both Leopardstar and Mistyfoot died under some awful mysterious circumstances-”
Hawkstar’s words jumbled into noises as Squirrelflight closed her eyes, the last three words repeating over and over again in her mind.
He’s fine with telling us that both his leader and deputy are dead, but won’t tell us how they died? This has to be all in my head. Squirrelflight thought, but she felt a horrible pain in her heart, subconsciously knowing that what she suspected was all true.
Squirrelflight was so wrapped up in her own suspicions that she didn’t notice that the strong, muscled warriors started moving to the back of the crowd, and that Bramblestar and Hawkstar often exchanged quick glances, until Bramblestar flicked his tail.
“Attack!” Hawkstar suddenly screamed, and warriors randomly started attacking anyone around them.
Squirrelflight sat in her spot for a moment, frozen in shock. Her deepest fears were unfolding around her as some of her own clanmates started attacking the apprentices, queens and elders, and Bramblestar was helping them.
All of the sudden Squirrelflight felt as if a thousand bolts of lightning jolted through her. What if they go after the medicine cats?
Squirrelflight leaped to her paws and ran as fast as she could through the quarrelling cats, and made her way to the tree roots, where Leafpool crouched in terror.
“What is happening?” Leafpool yowled when she saw her sister.
“I don’t know, but we need to get out of here!” Squirrelflight mewled, pushing Leafpool to her paws. Together the two sisters rolled and slid their way toward the trunk that connected the island and their way to freedom.
“Where do you think you’re going?” Rainwhisker snarled, blocking Squirrelflight and Leafpool’s way to the trunk.
“Rainwhisker, what are you doing?” Squirrelflight snapped, the overwhelming sense of betrayal threatening to make Squirrelflight break down into sobs.
“Bramblestar and Hawkstar offered us plenty of power if we supported them in their takeover of the clans.” Rainwhisker spat.
“Who’s ‘us’ ?” Leafpool demanded, her voice taking on an uncharacteristic tone.
Another tom emerged from the shrubs, and Squirrelflight recognized Blackclaw from RiverClan.
“Oh, I don’t think you need to know that. What you need to know, are the rules of this battle. If you surrender now, we’ll be happy to keep you in our new way of Clan life. But if you don’t, be prepared for your first words to your ancestors.” Blackclaw growled menacingly.
“Drop dead, you traitors!” Squirrelflight roared, tackling Blackclaw to the ground. Rainwhisker was about to drag Squirrelflight off his comrade, but a dark gray cat slammed into him, knocking the breath out of the ThunderClan tom. Squirrelflight was unaware of her assistant as she fought Blackclaw. The black tom hissed and head butted Squirrelflight in the shoulder, sending her flying until she landed painfully on her back. Blackclaw leaped into the air, aiming to land on Squirrelflight’s belly and rake out all of the soft fur, but instead Squirrelflight kicked the black tom even higher into the air. Blackclaw somersaulted in the air until he hit a broken stump where a tree branch used to be. As he fell, Squirrelflight saw splinters sticking out of his belly as he landed on his side. Squirrelflight could see his belly still rising and falling, but when she saw just how big the splinters in his belly were, she realized he wasn’t getting up in quite a while.
“Well done.” A voice said behind her, and Squirrelflight whipped around and raked her claws against the next traitor’s face.
“Hey! I keep Rainwhisker off of you and that’s how you thank me?!” Stormfur wailed, and Squirrelflight cringed when she saw the blood pouring from her friends cheek.
“I am sorry, Stormfur! I thought you were another traitor!” Squirrelflight meowed apologetically.
“I guess that’s fair. Come on, I left Leafpool under a shrub. I am not sure if anyone’s found her yet.” Stormfur said, leading Squirrelflight to the east side of the island.
“Where’s Brook?” Squirrelflight asked, but Stormfur didn’t respond. Squirrelflight hoped Stormfur didn’t hear her.
Soon they came to a lone shrub, and Stormfur called out.
“Oh, thank goodness your both okay!” Leafpool said, her eyes stretched wide.
Before Stormfur or Squirrelflight could respond, a tortishell she cat tackled Squirrelflight to the ground.
“Say goodbye, you fool.” The she cat hissed. Squirrelflight struggled in terror, but the tortishell was too strong. Stormfur was gazing at something in the distance, his eyes clouded with grief.
“Get away from her you piece of foxdung!” Leafpool suddenly screeched, and she slammed the cat’s head into a tree with her two front paws. The she cat collapsed to the ground, unconscious. Squirrelflight stared at her sister in wonder and suspicion.
“What, medicine cats can’t be strong, too?!” Leafpool hissed.
Stormfur was still staring blankly at something, his shoulders sagging and his ears flattened.
“Stormfur! Stormfur! “ Squirrelflight shouted, and the second time Stormfur’s head whipped around.
“Stormfur, we need to get out of here. Where’s Brook?” Squirrelflight said in an authoritve tone.
“She’s… she’s… done for.” Stormfur said through gritted teeth, his amber eyes pale with sorrow and inner fury.
There was a moment of silence as Leafpool and Squirrelflight gazed at the grieving tom in shock, before it finally sunk in that Brook was dead.
“Those greedy, fox hearted, crow food eaters are going to pay for what they done!” Squirrelflight screamed to the night, charging into the mass of fighting cats.
“No!” Stormfur said, pulling Squirrelflight back.
“It’s no good. We can only save ourselves now.” Stormfur said.
Squirrelflight struggled in Stormfur’s grip, but she soon calmed when she stared into Stormfur’s amber gaze.
“Alright. Come on, let’s get to the tree trunk!” Squirrelflight ordered, but Stormfur shook his head.
“I checked it already. There’s dozens of cats there, already blocking the exit. We need to swim to shore.” Stormfur said.
Stormfur led the way out of the undergrowth to the beach. Leafpool went in first, then Stormfur, and last Squirrelflight, who regularly looked over her shoulder for followers. It wasn’t long before Leafpool was panting and started sinking, and Stormfur, being the best swimmer of the three, pressed his shoulder against Leafpool’s, keeping her afloat as they made slow progress towards the shore.
What’s up with Leafpool? Squirrelflight thought, she shouldn’t be tired yet.
Thankfully, the traitors were focused on the cats on the island, and the three refugee’s made it to shore and cleared clan territory without any pursuers. Once they crossed the RiverClan border, they slowed to a walk, and Leafpool leaned heavily on Squirrelflight, utterly exhausted. Stormfur stared darkly ahead of him, wrapped up in his own thoughts. After awhile, Squirrelflight lifted her head and looked at Stormfur.
“I guess we should have seen this coming. Wasn’t it suspicious that two clan leaders and a deputy all died around the same time, without any greencough outbreaks or scarcity of prey?” Squirrelflight said.
“That would explain the day Hawkstar went missing for awhile, but came back soaked. Why would he need to swim in the lake to get back when he could just walk around?” Stormfur added.
“And Firestar’s injury. Their was strain marks on his neck, but when we got there, we were told he was killed.” Leafpool said.
The three cats were silent for a moment, the horrible truth slowly descending on them like a fox.
“Do you mean to say that… Bramblestar was involved in Firestar’s death?” Squirrelflight whispered, her heart breaking in two.
“He turned against his own clanmates too. Who’s to say he didn’t kill Firestar as well?” Stormfur said solemnly, and the three cats fell into silence again, what they thought they knew about their friend shattering like the lost pieces of a bittersweet memory.

The next day there wasn’t a cloud in the sky to stand in the way of the bright sunshine, but to Stormfur, Leafpool and Squirrelflight, they wouldn’t care if it was raining blood.
Squirrelflight was trying to hunt, her mind barely focused on a finch, when a splatter of blood caught her eye. Squirrelflight walked over to the splatter and saw a bloody patch of fur attached to a thorn bush.
One of those traitors followed us; but he’s probably badly injured. No threat to us. Squirrelflight thought, snapping the branches to get to the center of the large bush. But when Squirrelflight did see a cat, she let out a horrified wail rather than slicing his throat. Stormfur and Leafpool came running immideatley, and once they saw what Squirrelflight discovered, they fell silent in shock. Squirrelflight dragged the cat out of the bush and lifted up his head with her paw.
“D-Dustpelt?” Squirrelflight mewled. Under the thick layers of blood, both dry and wet, he would be unrecognizable to any other cat, but Squirrelflight knew that it had to be him.
Slowly, Dustpelt opened his eyes, and their rapidly fading colour chilled Squirrelflight to the bone.
“Squirrelflight.. I found you..” Dustpelt wheezed, closing his eyes again.
“Dustpelt, what happened? Why did Bramblestar and Hawkstar attack their own clans?” Squirrelflight said.
Dustpelt opened his eyes again, but only narrowly.
“They, wanted to control all of the clans. They bribed our own clanmates with the promise of power, and now Bramblestar controls ThunderClan and ShadowClan, and Hawkstar controls WindClan and RiverClan.”
“But.. they would have been so outnumbered!” Squirrelflight exclaimed.
“That’s why they were attacking the queens.. and… apprentices. They knew they wouldn’t fight back with some of their most important.. members at stake.” Dustpelt broke into a fit of coughing, and blood clots scattered across the ground.
“That’s enough, Dustpelt. You need rest. Leafpool will fix you right up. Right Leafpool?” Squirrelflight looked hopefully up at her sister, but there was only pain in her eyes.
“He’s beyond help now. Nothing can stop that amount of bleeding.” Leafpool’s whisper was barely audible, but it seemed louder than thunder to Squirrelflight.
Squirrelflight felt rage build up in her throat, but she forced herself to swallow it.
“Dustpelt..” Squirrelflight trailed off, her words scattering into nothingness as she gazed down at the dying warrior.
“They’re was so… many of them,” Dustpelt said, his voice thick with pain, “I tried getting to Ferncloud, but they pinned me down and… drawn out so much blood… I escaped and somehow managed to get to the mainland. I…tried so hard to reach you… but everything was getting so blurry when you scent finally stayed in one place…” Dustpelt broke into coughs again.
“Quick, Dustpelt. Tell me, who’s still alive?” Squirrelflight said urgently.
“So many… are dead.” Dustpelt paused as he struggled to breathe. “They were all loyal in the end, and paid for it in their blood. There’s a few left, but their spirits… are broken.” Dustpelt paused and slowly lifted his head to look strait into Squirrelflight’s eyes.
“You.. you and your friends are the last ones with Clan heart. Keep the heart.. of our lives….” The last word echoed in Squirrelflight’s ears as Dustpelt’s eyes slowly closed and he went limp in Squirrelflight’s paw. Squirrelflight was silent for a moment, staring in shock at the dead warrior. After what seemed like a life time, Squirrelflight’s shock melted into determination. “Goodbye Dustpelt. You were a true warrior.” Squirrelflight said, and she slowly lowered her paw to let Dustpelt’s head rest on the grass.
The three cats stared down at Dustpelt’s body until nightfall, then Stormfur lifted Dustpelt’s body by the scruff and started dragging it to a tall hill.
Where he’ll be closer to the stars, overlooking the clan territories. Squirrelflight realized, and she knew what Stormfur’s gesture meant.
The clans would see them again before they were dead.
Stareye
Stareye
Reviewer
Reviewer

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 24th 2011, 19:22

It's awesome!!! I loved it Very Happy Happy Ecstatic :

Everyone give Stareye a thumbs up!

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeystar September 24th 2011, 19:25

Me too. It's incredible. Happy Shocked Cat
Honeystar
Honeystar
WindClan Warrior
WindClan Warrior

Custom Rank : The Sweetest Leader
WarriorPoints : 10443
Male Posts : 2451

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 25,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Stareye September 29th 2011, 21:05

Here's chapter 3! And I am thinking of adding a fan list for this story. What do you guys think?

Chapter 3
Greenleaf eventually gave way to leaf fall as Squirrelflight, Leafpool and Stormfur continued to build their solitary life. After living around other cats their whole lives, every day seemed silent, the only other voice being the wind over the treeless plains.
Squirrelflight and the others only spoke when they had to; most of the time they just read each other’s facial expressions. It pained Squirrelflight to do this, because every time she looked at her friend’s faces, their eyes were full with pain and grief, and the ginger warrior knew that they had never recovered from Dustpelt’s death.
When the leaves on the shrubs started turning a vibrant red, Squirrelflight called a meeting to gather around Dustpelt’s grave. As Squirrelflight led the way up the hill, she could hear Leafpool panting for breath.
It had only been a half moon before Leafpool announced that she couldn’t do any of the labour anymore, saying that she was “unfit” for the job. Despite the little prey they caught, Leafpool was always getting fatter, and both Squirrelflight and Stormfur knew that there was something Leafpool wasn’t telling them.
Once the three cats reached the top of the hill, Squirrelflight sat behind Dustpelt’s grave and faced her two friends.
“Stormfur, Leafpool, if were ever going to keep living, we need to move on from our pain.” Squirrelflight began.
“How can we possibly move on? We made a vow to return someday, and we owe Dustpelt to keep that promise.” Stormfur protested.
“That’s not what I meant. We need to focus on the future instead of the past if we have a chance of clinging to any hope that we can return to the clans, and set them free.” Squirrelflight explained, trying to hide her desperation. She wanted Stormfur and Leafpool to understand this badly, because this life of grieving and sorrow was breaking her heart.
Stormfur and Leafpool exchanged a glance, then nodded.
“I am not letting RiverClan die just because I couldn’t get past the memories of that awful day.” Stormfur declared.
Squirrelflight sighed in relief and flicked her tail to dismiss the meeting. But before anyone could move, Leafpool stood up, a look of urgency in her amber gaze.
“I have an announcement to make too.” Leafpool began, and Squirrelflight and Stormfur looked at her silently, waiting for her to continue.
Leafpool took a deep breath, then spoke, “I thought about saying this for a long time, because I wasn’t sure how you would react. But I know now that you need to be aware of this before it happens.” Leafpool paused again, closing her eyes. Then she opened her eyes and said, “I am expecting Crowfeather’s kits.”
At first, there was silence. This was not a big surprise to Stormfur and Squirrelflight, but soon outrage and anger boiled in Squirrelflight’s stomach.
“How dare you betray me and ThunderClan like this!” Squirrelflight screeched, leaping to her paws. “It’s not bad enough that you abandoned the clan when we needed you most to be with Crowfeather, but now your bringing another half clan litter into the world too? We can barely catch the rabbits on this moor and now you expect us to feed more hungry mouths?” Squirrelflight hissed, not holding back her fury on her terrified sister.
Stormfur jumped inbetween Squirrelflight and Leafpool, his eyes wide with shock.
“Squirrelflight, how could you lash out on your own flesh and blood?” Stormfur mewed.
“She betrayed me, ThunderClan, and her own kits! What will they say when they find out that they’re half clan and the offspring of a medicine cat?!” Squirrelflight spat.
“You need to calm down. If we turn against each other, we have nothing.” Stormfur said.
“Why?! Everyone else has turned against me!” Squirrelflight screamed, and then she lost control. She tore at the ground, shredding the cold dirt between her claws.
Suddenly she felt a weight press down on top of her, and Squirrelflight struggled uselessly.
“Let go of me!” Squirrelflight screeched, trying to claw Stormfur, but it was useless.
“Squirrelflight, do you really believe that your own sister meant to hurt you?” Stormfur said slowly and deeply, and after a few moments, Squirrelflight sighed. Stormfur was right. Leafpool would never intentionally betray her; and while Bramblestar and most of her clanmates had turned their backs on her, Leafpool or Stormfur never would.
“No. I am sorry, Leafpool.” Squirrelflight said, and she felt Stormfur jump off of her.
Leafpool relaxed a bit, but her pelt still stood on end.
“There’s a bit more to that announcement too..” Leafpool mewled, and Stormfur and Squirrelflight exchanged glances, hoping the news didn’t get any worse.
“I received a sign from StarClan. I saw three stars shining by themselves in the middle of the sky, and I can feel three kits in my belly.” Leafpool admitted.
“Are you saying that your kits could be the one’s to save the clans?” Stormfur whispered, and Squirrelflight blinked in wonder. One side told her not to believe it, but Leafpool was always very accurate in reading omens from StarClan.
“I think all we can do is wait, and take them back to the clans when they’re ready.” Squirrelflight remarked, and with that, the three cats began the descend down the slope, the sky rumbling ominously.

Squirrelflight lost track of time as the days passed without much event. The cats settled into a routine; the first half of the day would be focused for hunting. At Sunhigh, they would eat the prey they caught, then Squirrelflight and Stormfur went on a patrol to look for sticks and leaves to shelter the small hollow they used for shelter. At nightfall, Leafpool, who always stayed near the hollow, would watch for intruders until early dawn.
Leafbare had added a frosty nip to the air one day when Squirrelflight was returning from hunting with Stormfur. All of the sudden they heard a faint yowl in the distance.
“What was that?” Squirrelflight muttered through a mouthful of shrew fur.
“What was what?” Stormfur said, who hadn’t caught anything.
Squirrelflight flicked her ear in the direction where she heard the noise, and sure enough, another yowl sounded.
Horror stopped the blood flowing in Squirrelflight’s veins.
“It’s Leafpool!” Squirrelflight dropped the shrew she was carrying and dashed through the deep snow ahead, Stormfur following close behind.
The ginger she cat struggled through the snow, her thick winter coat weighing her down, and she felt her heart beating faster with every second she wasn’t at her sister’s side.
Squirrelflight heard Leafpool yowl again, and Squirrelflight cater wauled in response, “Don’t worry, Leafpool. I am coming!” Squirrelflight leaped through the snow. Stormfur, who was struggling just as much as the she cat, copied her tatic, but wasn’t very graceful at it.
After what seemed like a life time, Squirrelflight bounded out of the deep snow and slided across a huge patch of ice. Terrified, Squirrelflight dug in her claws to slow herself down, but all she succeeded at was wearing down her claws and causing them to ache painfully. The ice dumped Squirrelflight just outside of the hollow, and Squirrelflight ducked under the bramble tunnel.
“Leafpool! What’s wrong?” Squirrelflight meowed.
“The kits are coming!” Leafpool panted right before yowling again,.
“Is there anything we can do?” Stormfur had caught up to Squirrelflight and crawled into the hollow beside her.
“Just guard the entrance and make sure no hungry foxes come by.” Leafpool said.
Squirrelflight nodded, regretting that they didn’t take the time to look for herbs, and crawled out through the entrance.
Leafpool’s yowling seemed to go on forever, and Squirrelflight and Stormfur often had to rub their ears against the ground. It was a long time since they had to deal with she cats in labour yowling through the night.
When the first silver rays of dawn started slicing away the dark night, Squirrelflight noticed that Leafpool’s yowls were starting to subside. Once the sun just started climbing over the horizon, Squirrelflight heard tiny mews.
Squirrelflight immediately turned and crawled into the hollow.
Three kits were nursing from Leafpool’s belly. One was jet black, another one was light gray and the biggest one was golden.
“Two toms and one she cat!” Leafpool boasted proudly, her glowing eyes making up for her tired voice.
“They’re adorable! What will you name them?” Squirrelflight exclaimed, overwhelmed with joy for her sister.
“This one is Lionblaze, ” Leafpool rested her tail tip on the golden kit, who mewled in protest. “This one is Hollyleaf,” Leafpool tapped her tail on the black she cat, who ignored Leafpool’s tail. “And this one is Jayfeather. ” Leafpool’s voice went soft as she laid her tail on the gray tom, and Squirrelflight knew that she named the kit after her former mate.
“But shouldn’t we start with naming them like normal kits? We do want to keep clan tradition alive.” Squirrelflight questioned.
Leafpool’s eyes clouded with worry.
“I am not sure if they’ll have enough time to earn their warrior names Squirrelflight. I could smell ThunderClan recently at night.” Leafpool warned.
Instantly the hollow took on a grave emotion. Squirrelflight nodded in understanding, then crouched to get a better look at the kits.
Jayfeather must have felt that something was over top of him, and the gray kit squeaked in alarm and batted Squirrelflight on the nose.
Squirrelflight mrrowed with laughter. “Welcome, little warriors.” Squirrelflight purred, but secretly she wondered if Bramblestar already knew about his possible downfall.
Stareye
Stareye
Reviewer
Reviewer

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeystar September 29th 2011, 21:12

OMSC I Love it!!!! Erin Hunter should do something like this too I think, that'd be Awesome. Love Happy Shocked Cat
Honeystar
Honeystar
WindClan Warrior
WindClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Icestar September 29th 2011, 21:17

This is awesome! You should make a fan list! (and put me on it!) Smile
Icestar
Icestar
Loner

Custom Rank : Master Assassin
WarriorPoints : 15916
Female Posts : 1807

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 45,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainfeather September 29th 2011, 21:53

You need to put me on the fan list! That was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
Rainfeather
Rainfeather
Loner

Custom Rank : Peachy Keen!
WarriorPoints : 8293
Female Posts : 826

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 15,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost September 30th 2011, 00:09

GREAT STORY
Frost
Frost
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Custom Rank : Fab
WarriorPoints : 25642
Female Posts : 4113

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 100,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeystar September 30th 2011, 16:14

I have this awesome Plot idea you could use.
Spoiler:
Honeystar
Honeystar
WindClan Warrior
WindClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilacstar September 30th 2011, 16:38

OMG!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!
Lilacstar
Lilacstar
WindClan Leader
WindClan Leader

Custom Rank : ☪forsaken☪
WarriorPoints : 5694
Female Posts : 2782

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 75,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Stareye November 20th 2011, 01:15

Here's the next chapter guys! I worked hard on it,so I hope you like it!

Chapter 3
Squirrelflight and Stormfur were busier than ever as the kits grew and became more hungry. As Leafpool’s extra weight shed away, she offered to help with the upkeep the den, but looking after her curious kits was a pawful. Soon all three of the adult cats muscles seemed to be lined with a dull ache, like elders. But rest was only a secondary benefit to Squirrelflight waiting for her at the end of the day. The real treat for her was telling stories to her sister’s kits.
One night during late Leafbare, Squirrelflight followed Stormfur into the den, only to be ambushed by two balls of fur.
“Bat her ears, Hollyleaf! I’ll go for her tail!” Jayfeather squeaked, and Squirrelflight pretended to yowl in pain as the gray tom bit into her fluffy tail.
“You’ll pay for that, you rascals!” Squirrelflight hissed, scrambling to her paws and sending the tiny kits tumbling to the far corner of the den.
“Don’t worry you guys! Once I am done with this fleabag I’ll save you!” Lionblaze mewled as he wrestled with Stormfur.
“We don’t need your help!” Hollyleaf spat before she charged toward Squirrelflight. Jayfeather approached from the other side, but Squirrelflight carefully pinned him down with her paw.
“No fair!” Jayfeather squealed, struggling uselessly under Squirrelflight.
Staring into the tom’s bright blue eyes washed a wave of sadness over Squirrelflight; Leafpool was devastated when she found out that Jayfeather was blind; they all were. But Jayfeather hated being reminded of it, and he mostly got around the den without any problem, much to their surprise.
Squirrelflight had been so lost in thought she barely had time to defend as Hollyleaf hopped onto her head and dug her tiny claws in as far as they would go.
“Hey! Get lost you rat!” Squirrelflight growled, but then another kit attacked her flank, lightly biting into her shoulder.
“Sorry, Squirrelflight! He was too tough for me!” Stormfur called over to his ally, still crouched in mock defeat.
Before Squirrelflight could reply, Jayfeather crawled onto Squirrelflight’s chest, and the she cat rolled on to her back dramatically.
“Okay, okay! I give up! Take what you want, but don’t hurt us!” Squirrelflight yowled, and the three kits cheered their triumph to the world.
“That’s enough, all of you! You need some rest for the morning!” Leafpool ordered, her command met with groans from the three kits.
“Can we at least stay up long enough for Squirrelflight to tell us a story?” Hollyleaf said in her sweetest voice, looking up at her mother with wide eyes.
Leafpool looked down to meet her daughter’s gaze, and her strong amber eyes softened.
“Of course, but you have to get some sleep if you want Stormfur and Squirrelflight to take you outside tomorrow.” Leafpool purred.
“Oh. Okay!” Hollyleaf mewed, and Squirrelflight purred as the three kits scrambled into the nest.
The ThunderClan scent had weakened this quarter moon, and only now was Leafpool confident enough to let them leave the den for the first time. But Squirrelflight still worried that it was dangerous for them out there; something big have had to scare away ThunderClan from here, a supposedly abandoned land.
“Come on, Squirrelflight! Tell us about the clans!” Lionblaze’s complaint broke through Squirrelflight’s dark thoughts, and she curled around them, trying to hide her worries from her kin.
“Sure! What story would you like to hear?” Squirrelflight purred, putting on her best cheerful expression.
“Oh, I know! I know! Tell us about Firestar!” Jayfeather piped up.
Out of the corner of her eye, Stormfur flinched and Leafpool looked away from her kits, trying to fight back sobs, but the kits didn’t notice.
“Very well. A long, long time ago, there was a ginger kit whose pelt shone like fire in the sunlight. He was a kittypet, and his name was Rusty.”
“This isn’t about Firestar!” Lionblaze interrupted, his eyes burning with annoyance, and a gray tail laid over the kit’s shoulders.
“Don’t be rude, Lionblaze. Listen to the story.” Stormfur scolded gently, and Squirrelflight looked up at him gratefully.
“But Rusty was not happy with his life with twolegs. Every day he would sit outside and gaze into the forest, wondering what adventures awaited the cats who lived there. Then one day, he got his chance to find out. He wandered into the forest and ran into a gray kit just like him. The gray kit attacked Rusty, but he proved to be a worthy opponent. After Rusty defeated the young kit, the tom told Rusty of the Clans that lived there by following the Warrior Code, a code of honour they follow that was passed on to them from their ancestors who lived in the stars themselves; StarClan. But soon two other cats from the clan caught Rusty with the tom in their territory, but one of the cats was their leader; Bluestar. She saw potential in Rusty and invited him to join the clan. Rusty accepted, and soon was renamed Firepaw. He wasn’t accepted by all his clanmates at first, but his loyalty was unwavering, and as the seasons changed, Firepaw earned his warrior name, Fireheart, and became deputy of ThunderClan. One day, Bluestar died in the gorge, and with her dying breath, told Fireheart that there was a prophecy centred around him; Fire alone can save our clan. With this prophecy circling above his head, Fireheart was left alone to take on the name Firestar and lead his clan against Tigerstar, who formed allies with the leader of BloodClan and threatened to take over the whole forest.”
Squirrelflight had told the kits about Tigerstar before, so confusion stayed clear of the kits as their eyes went wide with wonder.
“What happened then, Squirrelflight?” Hollyleaf said, pressing her belly eagerly.
“The leader of BloodClan betrayed Tigerstar, taking his life and giving the clans just three days to prepare for war. When the final battle came, the odds were stacked against them. Many died bravely, but all seemed lost, until Firestar killed Scourge, and BloodClan fell apart, and Firestar became a hero to them all.”
The kits were silent for a moment, in awe of the story, but Lionblaze finally broke it.
“Wow, I wish I could get to meet Firestar.” He mewed.
“Come on, Lionblaze, it’s just a story.” Jayfeather scoffed.
Squirrelflight wished she could stop lying to the kits; they had always told them that the clans were only legends, that only existed in cats imaginations. Dustpelt had wished for the clans as they knew it to live on in their hearts; but Leafpool thought it was best for them to not live a life that they could never live happily.
“Listen to your brother, Lionblaze. Now, go to sleep.” Leafpool said, and the kits grumbled softly, but they knew better to complain if they wanted to go outside the next day.
It had been a long day and the kits were soon asleep, but Squirrelflight couldn’t drift into dreams, no matter how much she tried to relax. The moon was high in the sky when S quirrelflight gave up. She carefully got out of her nest as to not disturb Stormfur and heard shuffling noises coming from Leafpool’s den. Recently, Stormfur and Squirrelflight had expanded the nest so Leafpool could store her herbs. It was a wonder the kits hadn’t gotten into trouble in there yet.
Squirrelflight crawled through the narrow tunnel, flexing her claws in the packed sand, and squeezed out into the small cavern.
Leafpool turned around to face Squirrelflight, her eyes dull with exhaustion.
“Oh, hi Squirrelflight. Shouldn’t you be sleeping?” Leafpool sounded awfully tired, and Squirrelflight wondered if she should be asking that question herself.
“I can’t. I heard that you were still up and thought I would pay you a visit. We hardly get to visit anymore.” Squirrelflight whispered, aware of the rhythmic breathing of the cats in the connected den.
“It’s odd. There’s only six of us but were twice as busy as were back in ThunderClan.” Leafpool agreed.
Squirrelflight purred at the irony.
“Of course. There’s not as many cats around to do the work.”
Leafpool joined in on the purr, but the joke was spoiled with the air of tension around them. The story of Firestar had reminded them of their past, and the painful event that dragged them to the path they were on now.
“I, I felt awful when I saw the look on Lionblaze’s face when I was done the story. They deserve to know the truth.” Squirrelflight said, dread instinctively weighing down her heart. This wasn’t the first time she had brought this up with Leafpool.
Leafpool sighed with impatience.
“I told you, Squirrelflight, The Clans aren’t what they used to be. I don’t want them to live in the past. It’s better that they just start anew.” Leafpool said, turning back to her herbs.
“But what about Dustpelt’s wish? What about the clans we left behind?” What about the prophecy centred around your kits?” Squirrelflight hissed, at her wit’s end with her sister over this discussion.
Leafpool stopped, seemingly lost in thought.
“I think what Dustpelt wanted was for us to restart with the clans; to create new clans free from corruption that took over our home.” Leafpool retorted.
Squirrelflight paused, staring at the floor. Dustpelt hadn’t stated exactly what he meant by keeping the clans alive.
“But we can’t just leave everyone to the tyranny of Bramblestar and Hawkstar.” Squirrelflight said, lifting her gaze from the floor.
“How can six cats overthrow four clans?! You were there, Squirrelflight, they all betrayed us and joined Tigerstar’s stupid sons!” Leafpool spat, whirling around to face her sister.
Squirrelflight curled her lip, trying to control her fury.
“You.. you coward… Bramblestar is not stupid… he, he may be evil, but I loved him… and at the end of the day, you are still a cowardice fool!” With that, Squirrelflight stormed out of the den, Leafpool staring after her, her gaze mixed with both rage and regret.

Chapter 4
The wind howled continuously in the she cat’s ears as she fluffed up her fur to the freezing chill in the air. Tiny snowflakes flew in the gale, melting as soon as they landed on the ground. The melting snow had soaked the grass and the she cat shivered with every step that froze the pads on her paws.
“I can’t belive Bramblestar thought it was a great idea to make this our first assignment. Why would he want to send any warriors out here to this freezing cold wasteland?” The she cat’s sister complained, her entire frame shaking with cold.
Instead of replying, the she cat pressed against her flank and gave her a reassuring nudge. Her sister’s pelt wasn’t as thick as hers, but her sharp tongue more than made up for that. However, her sharp tongue could easily land her a beating from some of the senior warriors.
“Now, Ivypaw, you’re in no position to question Bramblestar’s authority. Your lucky I am in charge of this patrol.” Ashfur cautioned, raising his voice over the wind.
Ashfur was Bramblestar’s deputy, and the she cat’s and Ivypaw’s father. His mate, Whitewing, always resented him for some reason, but the she cat was proud to have such a strong father.
“Don’t worry, Ashfur, I’ll make sure she won’t forget again.” The she cat said, and Ivypaw grumbled to herself in reply.
Ashfur’s eyes softened as he gazed at his young daughter.
“I know you would, Dovepaw.” With that, Ashfur turned away and led the patrol forward again. Birchfall was close behind, glaring furiously at the deputy, but he didn’t say anything.
For as long as Dovepaw could remember, Birchfall had always seemed to be in a state of silent rage, directed at Ashfur, but whenever she asked Whitewing about it, her mother would only shake her head sadly and said that it wasn’t important.
The patrol had been walking for awhile when they came to a steep hill. The land around it was very flat, and almost immediately, Dovepaw recognized the place. She had never been here before herself, but she had often overheard the senior warriors talking about it. She wasn’t surprised that this was the destination Bramblestar had ordered them to go; for some reason the leader had an intense interest in the area. Looking around though, Dovepaw had to agree with her sister; what could they possibly gain from a dump like this?
Then Dovepaw heard a faint voice on the wind. Straining to hear, she didn’t dare breathe.
“But Leafpool, I want to go battle training with Hollyleaf and Lionblaze! Why do they get to go and I can’t?” It was the high pitched voice of a kit.
“Jayfeather, you’re not ready to start learning how to fight yet. You need to learn about herbs first.” A calm, soft voice said.
The kit started to protest, but the wind picked up again, and Dovepaw couldn’t pick up anything more.
“Ashfur! I heard voices coming from over there!” Dovepaw mewled, pointing with her tail in the direction.
“What did the voice’s sound like?” Ashfur asked urgently, turning to face his daughter.
“One was a kit, and the other was a she cat.” Dovepaw reported.
Ashfur narrowed his eyes, a villainous glint shining like stars in his gaze.
“Ah, very good Dovepaw. Now, following my lead!” Ashfur hissed, racing ahead.
“Goody two shoes.” Ivypaw sneered playfully before she took off after the deputy.
Dovepaw dashed to catch up, pride warming her freezing body.
The patrol ran for a long while before they came to a rise, and two cats came into view. One was a tiny gray kit, and the other one was a light brown tabby with white paws.
“That’s definitely the two cats were looking for. But where’s the rest of them?” Spiderleg, who crouched beside Ashfur, wondered.
“It doesn’t matter. As soon as we take them hostage, they’ll come running.” Ashfur chuckled maliciously.
Dovepaw and Ivypaw exchanged glances, equally confused as to why they wanted anything to do with these strays, but they kept quiet.
Slowly, Ashfur led the group forward, careful to move with the changing wind, and just as Dovepaw’s legs began to get numb, Ashfur striked, along with the rest of the patrol. Dovepaw tore the ground underneath her with her claws, picking up speed and skidded to a stop just in time to block the gray kit from running away.
The brown tabby raised her hindquarters into the air and hissed wildly, but stopped dead once she recongized the threatening cats.
“Ashfur, what are you doing here? Surely you’re not one of the traitors too?” The last sentence sounded like a plea, but the fury in her eyes was unmistakable.
“Yes, Leafpool, we had joined with Bramblestar and Hawkstar, and every day we are showered with rewards for our loyalty.”
Dovepaw felt a gleam of pride as Ashfur gazed at her and Ivypaw momentarily.
“But we are kept busy, and today our mission is to bring a message to you.” Ashfur said coolly.

This is all that I have for chapter 4 for now. I am sorry it ends in a cliffhanger, because as of today I am leaving the forums for awhile because of the new warrior book. I don't want to accidentley spoil the ending for myself. I will be gone until I am done reading the book. Until then, I hope enjoy the latest entry of Flames of Blood and the new Warriors book!
EDIT: I am back everyone! I finsihed TFW, and it was awesome! I have written more of Flames of Blood while I was gone, and this is what I have written. Hope you enjoy it!

Chapter 4; Continued
Leafpool’s eyes narrowed and she stood strait, her muscles stiff.
“What is it then? We have our own schedule here.” Leafpool growled.
Ashfur laughed before he spoke, “Bramblestar would like you three and your kits back. He misses the company of Squirrelflight and your kits would be valuable apprentices to us.” Ashfur recited, his face neutral.
Leafpool bared her fangs and unsheathed her claws.
“Liar! If Bramblestar still love Squirrelflight, he wouldn’t have stabbed her in the back and tore her heart into pieces! And you know as well as I do that Bramblestar and Hawkstar would never accept my kits!” Leafpool roared.
Ashfur smirked and moved in a little closer, provoking a wild hiss from Leafpool.
“Actually, I don’t think I do. What reason could we possibly have to reject a medicine cat’s litter?” Ashfur asked with a tone of cruel innocence.
For a short moment, horror flashed in Leafpool’s gaze as she realized that she just gave her biggest enemies a vital clue, but it was soon gone.
“Are you that dumb, Ashfur? The warrior code may be gone, but I am sure outrage would still be easy to stir over kits with a ThunderClan medicine cat mother and a WindClan father.” Dovepaw sensed that Leafpool was hiding something, but her opportunity to steer Ashfur’s attention away from her secret was gone. She wasn’t very convincing.
“What do you mean, mom? I thought the clans were just stories!” The kit wailed in confusion, and Leafpool looked ready to faint. She had just revealed two mysteries at once.
A new level of confidence rose in the ThunderClan patrol, but before Ashfur could speak again, a blur of ginger sent him rolling.
“Keep your mouth shut next time, Leafpool!” The newcomer yowled before turning to bite Ashfur in the belly, drawing a cater-waul from him.
“Leave our dad alone!” Ivypaw screeched, and the two sisters raced over to confront their father’s attacker. Dovepaw latched herself onto the ginger cat’s face while Ivypaw hopped onto her back, biting fiercely. The she cat tried to shake her off, but Dovepaw hooked her claws in deep and raked her chest with her back paws, gritting her teeth as she felt blood flow.
The she cat wailed in pain, her screech enough to split the sky, and she collapsed to the ground. Ashfur immediately leaped to his paws and ran back to the patrol, who were fighting off three other cats and Leafpool.
You could have thanked us! Dovepaw thought crossly as she clung desperately to the ginger she cat. The warrior struggled to her paws as Dovepaw bit into her shoulder. With a cry of fury and annoyance, the ginger she cat locked her fangs into Dovepaw’s scruff and flung her aside. With reflexes as quick as a snake, Dovepaw flipped and landed on her paws, almost stumbling over a stone, but managed to recover. But before Dovepaw could throw herself back into the fight, she was hit by a large cat and crushed as it squashed itself into the ground.
Dovepaw raised her paw to strike the intruder, until she realized it was Spiderleg.
“Don’t attack me! Help us with this irritable bunch!” Spiderleg spat.
Dovepaw stifled a growl, frustrated that he was the one who landed on her, but she knew better than to argue with a warrior.
She quickly scrambled back to her paws as Spiderleg rolled over and launched himself at Leafpool. Dovepaw slid behind Leafpool as she boxed with Spiderleg, spinning around to scratch at the tabby’s hindquarters.
Before Leafpool could react, Dovepaw was seized by the neck and slammed into the ground, and she groaned in pain, her head aching from the impact.
“Just go back where you came from!” It was a kit, not much younger than her. But if his golden matted pelt reflected his battle skills, Dovepaw was confident she could take him.
She easily squirmed out of the tom’s grip and sliced his ear with a clean cut. With a battle cry unusually strong for such a small kit, he tackled the speckled apprentice into the packed dirt, and the two wrestled fiercely, rolling through the prickly grass with claws unsheathed and fangs bared. Dovepaw had underestimated the amber eyed kit, and she grew exhausted as the fight dragged on, but the kit wasn’t even panting yet, strangely unbothered by his wounds.
What kind of kit is this? Dovepaw wondered, flabbergasted as to how she was losing to an inexperienced kit.
“Retreat! Retreat!” Ashfur yowled from the hillside, and Dovepaw fled from her opponent, rage burning through her fur.
Then she spotted the gray kit, crouched by the shrubs as the cats chased away her clanmates. Bitter from her loss, Dovepaw didn’t hesitate to spin around and barrel toward the kit, swiftly picking it up by it’s scruff and dragging it with her as she crawled through the bushes after her clanmates. The kit was heavy and her neck ached from the weight, but she knew how indispensable a hostage could be. But she still couldn’t suppress a twitch of guilt when she heard the cry of alarm; “Jayfeather! They got Jayfeather!”

Chapter 5
As soon as all of the clan cats were gone, Squirrelflight checked to see if the kits were all right, and immediately, she felt dread fill in her heart as she realized one was missing.
“Jayfeather! They got Jayfeather!” She yowled, her wounds stinging more painfully than ever. He wasn’t her kit, but she felt the same void in her heart as any mother would.
The thought reminded Squirrelflight of Leafpool, and when she turned to look at her sister, her pain only intensified. She tensed her muscles as she tore at the grass under her in a blind fury, but her muscles were already sore from the fight and they crumpled into a spasm. Squirrelflight screamed in pain and collapsed to the ground, breathing deeply to calm herself down.
Your going to get yourself killed at this rate. Calm down! Squirrelflight scolded herself.
Forcing herself to swallow her emotions, she slowly got up and limped to her sister, who lay spread out on the grass, blood pouring like a river.
“L-Leafpool?” Squirrelflight whimpered, her paws quivering.
For a moment she didn’t move, but then Leafpool slowly blinked and lifted her head.
“S-Squirrel-flight… you fought so hard… thank you.” Leafpool gasped, barely able to speak.
“Oh Leafpool, I am so sorry I tried to pressure you to tell your kits about the clans… please forgive me.” The thought of Leafpool dying without forgiving her was unbearable to the ginger she cat, and she slowly flopped down beside her sister.
“No, I am sorry.. it wasn’t fair to hide their past from them… but.. Squirrelflight…” Leafpool broke off, trying to catch her breath.
“Yes?” Squirrelflight mewed, slipping her head under her sister’s paw so she could look into her eyes.
“I am.. I am not giving up yet. I heard you yowling that they had captured Jayfeather.” Leafpool sighed.
Squirrelflight felt guilt squeeze her tightly. She shouldn’t have upset Leafpool when she was so badly injured.
“Get.. get me back to the den.. I’ll instruct you... and when I heal, we’ll come up with a plan.” Leafpool whispered, and she closed her eyes, unable to fight exhaustion anymore.
Squirrelflight breathed a sigh of relief, and she felt one weight lift off her neck, but she had to remind herself that she might not make it if she wasn’t careful.
Squirrelflight let Leafpool lean on her shoulder while Stormfur supported her on her other side, careful to make sure Lionblaze and Hollyleaf stayed close, and thankfully, they made it back to the den without any more trouble just as the sun disappeared behind the trees.

For the first quarter moon, Squirrelflight was in constant war with panic, wondering what Bramblestar could have done to Jayfeather, but Stormfur finally managed to convince her that Jayfeather would be safe; Bramblestar wouldn’t let anything happen to his only hostage. After another half moon, Leafpool recovered enough that they could move to another location; they all knew it would be foolish to stay in the same area after ThunderClan found them. But the journey had taken it’s toll on Leafpool, and she was exhausted by the time they found another den. This left Squirrelflight and Stormfur alone to make the dangerous treks back to recover Leafpool’s herbs, which took about a quarter moon. Once they had transferred all of the herbs, Squirrelflight knew it was a milestone; it was a moon since Jayfeather had been captured.
Throughout all this time, Lionblaze and Hollyleaf always pestered them about who had attacked them, but Squirrelflight wanted to respect Leafpool’s wishes, and she always told them that it was just some rouges.
After another moon, Leafpool was almost as good as new, and Lionblaze and Hollyleaf were nearly six moons old. As Leafpool recovered, she grew more anxious about Jayfeather, and this too reopened Squirrelflight’s worries, but Stormfur assured them that the longer they waited, the more Bramblestar would think they wouldn’t come, and the bigger chance they could sneak in with the element of surprise. But they all knew however, that this would also make Bramblestar think that he has no need for a hostage.
Stareye
Stareye
Reviewer
Reviewer

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilacstar January 7th 2012, 18:33

I really really love it! Keep writing more! PLEASE! IT WAS EPIC!
Lilacstar
Lilacstar
WindClan Leader
WindClan Leader

Custom Rank : ☪forsaken☪
WarriorPoints : 5694
Female Posts : 2782

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 75,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx January 7th 2012, 19:20

Stareye, that was really really good! Keep writing!
Nyx
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Custom Rank : 2bright4u
WarriorPoints : 38660
Female Posts : 6814

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 150,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Stareye February 25th 2012, 20:13

Hi guys! Here's more of chapter 5! I'll try to post the rest of chapter 5 later, I promise!

Meanwhile and just after the battle: Dovepaw flattened her ears as the kit wailed for the fifth time; “Let me go! I didn’t do anything to you, you rotten fleabag!” Dovepaw couldn’t respond with the kit’s scruff in her mouth, but thankfully her sister was there to do the talking for her. “You’re lucky we decided to bring you with us; some clan routine will teach you some displine.” Ivypaw snarled, and that seemed to scare the kit into being quiet. But as the patrol carried on, Ivypaw’s tactics proved to be ineffective, because the kit began to complain again.
“I am so cold! And hungry! Leafpool would never have made me stay outside for this long!” The kit said pitifully, his stomach growling to add an extra effect.
“Oh, just shut up already, or we’ll make sure you stay cold and hungry for even longer!” Spiderleg snapped, and the kit mewed in fright.
When they entered RiverClan territory, Dovepaw sensed that it wasn’t long before the rest of the patrol started wailing like kits. They were all cold from the inhospitable weather all day, but the marshy habitat they had to trek through soaked their pelts even more than the rain ever could. At first Ashfur continued to lead his party without any signs of slowing down, but after awhile even he couldn’t summon enough energy to hide his weariness from the group. He opened his mouth to announce that they would rest for the night when the undergrowth ahead rustled, and Bramblestar, accompanied by a large patrol.
“Bramblestar! What are you doing this far from camp?!” Ashfur exclaimed in surprise.
“You forget, Ashfur, I am perfectly capable of defending myself. Besides, it’s the full moon tonight. Hawkstar is expecting me to drop by and exchange notes between our clans.” Bramblestar reminded him coolly, and Dovepaw and Ivypaw exchanged nervous glances. Everyone in the clans knew that if Bramblestar and Hawkstar found anything sloppy or disloyal in their clans activities, they made sure to check that everyone was offering their best services to their clanmates, often in very harsh ways.
Bramblestar eyed the apprentice’s nervousness and purred with amusement.
“Do not worry, young ones. You seem to have been working harder than anyone else in the clan since you became apprentices. And I see you have a new friend with you. Who is this?” Bramblestar leaned in closer to sniff at the kit, and he hissed and batted him on the nose.
“Get your dirty face away from me, fox dung!” The kit spat. Dovepaw widened her eyes in horror. Berrynose once spoke to Bramblestar like that, and she had never seen him again.
Contrary to her expectations, Bramblestar mrrowed with laughter and turned to Ashfur, not giving any silent signal to have the kit dealt with.
“So, I still don’t know this kits origin.” Bramblestar asked, starting to sound impatient. Even as cloudy as the sky was, Dovepaw could tell that the sun was beginning to set.
“We have found Leafpool with this kit. Squirrelflight, Stormfur, and two more kits are with her.” Ashfur reported.
At this, Bramblestar’s eyes flashed with keen interest. “Go on.” He urged.
“We delivered your message, and Leafpool refused. She gave away a lot of information before her sister and Stormfur came to back her up. This kit and his siblings is her litter, and their father is a member of WindClan. She has also kept her kits heritage a secret from them until she spilled the fresh kill just earlier.” Ashfur said.
“How peculiar. I can’t possibly imagine which WindClan tom could have given this kit such a short temper.” Brambleclaw murmured with a smirk, and all of the adult cats chuckled. It was painfully obvious that Dovepaw and Ivypaw’s clanmates knew exactly which tom was the kit’s father, but to the apprentice’s, they had no clue what was going on.
But Bramblestar didn’t seem to interested in enlighten them, because he stood up and flicked his tail in an order to follow.
“Well, come along with us, then. You all look like rats that have nearly drowned in the lake. You can rest in the RiverClan camp, and it won’t hurt to mingle with your neighbour’s.
The terrain got more and more muddy as they went along, and Dovepaw felt like the swampy land itself was draining her energy. By the time they reached the RiverClan camp, the stream surrounding it swollen from rainwater, Dovepaw felt like collapsing where she stood, using the heavy kit as a pillow.
Almost immediately Hawkstar emerged from the undergrowth, easily swimming through the stream to greet his guests.
“Hello, Bramblestar, it’s great to see you again. I see you’ve brought more clanmates than usual this time.” Hawkstar meowed, looking over Bramblestar to gaze at the dozen ThunderClan cats staring back at him.
“I sent Ashfur and his patrol out on a mission three days ago and met them on their way back not far from here. They probably haven’t got much rest in this weather, so I figured it would be better if they accompanied me here to get some rest.” At the end of his sentence, Bramblestar’s tone raised so it almost sounded like he was asking a question. He knew he must be making an imposition on his half brother.
“I guess it will be fine. There have been fewer kits than usual this season, so there’s extra room in the nursery.” Hawkstar said, turning to lead Bramblestar and his ThunderClan cats over to a part where the steeping stones haven’t been submerged under water yet. The cats all drooped their tails in disappointment to hear they would be bunking with queens and kits, but secretly, Dovepaw was relived. The kit would be in a safe environment there. Guiltily she remembered that the kit would still be with his mother if she didn’t snatch him.
Don’t be ridiculous! Dovepaw scolded herself. You were being loyal to your clan. Besides, if we came back without a hostage, Bramblestar probably would have sent us to go all the way back to ThunderClan camp for not taking Leafpool and the rest of her friends instead.
Once they were inside the camp Bramblestar sent his cats to the nursery right away, but to Dovepaw’s surprise, he ordered her and Ivypaw to stay with him.
“So, Dovepaw, you’re the one who secured us this kit, huh? I am sure your sister helped out too.” Bramblestar guessed. Ivypaw looked away in embarrassment, not used to being addressed by her clan leader.
After a moment, Dovepaw realized Bramblestar and Hawkstar were waiting for her to speak, so she gently put down the kit and said, “Yes, I did. I saw he was alone when we had to retreat, so I grabbed him as I was running by.” Dovepaw told, trying not to sound like she was bragging.
“You’ve both done very well for your first mission. I won’t forget this when we return to our camp tomorrow.” Bramblestar praised, and Dovepaw and Ivypaw stood up strait in pride.
“Don’t join your clanmates just yet. We want you to give a full report on what happened, then you can get some rest.” Hawkstar ordered, and with that, him and Bramblestar turned and headed toward Hawkstar’s den. Not wanting to keep them waiting, Ivypaw lifted up the kit to give Dovepaw’s neck muscles a rest and hurried after them.
Stareye
Stareye
Reviewer
Reviewer

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeystar February 25th 2012, 20:43

OMSC OMSC OMSC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You really are a great writter!!!!
I can't wait to see more.
Honeystar
Honeystar
WindClan Warrior
WindClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Stareye February 26th 2012, 16:02

Hi everyone! Here's more of chapter 5! I have a lot of stuff to do today, so it's quite short. Enjoy!

After Bramblestar and Hawkstar listened to the apprentice’s telling of the mission, Mothwing entered the den with a mouthful of herbs.
“It doesn’t look like these apprentices were injured to badly in that fight. Just take these poultices and you should be fine.” Mothwing paused to scoop some herbs out of the pile and push them toward the kit.
“Feed these to the kit so it won’t get sick from being out in the rain for so long. It would be a shame if this kit died.” Mothwing said, and Dovepaw blinked in confusion. Did she detect a note of bitterness in her tone?
“Thank you, Mothwing. You are dismissed. Dovepaw, Ivypaw, you can go back to your clanmates too.” Hawkstar said, but his gaze was snagged on Mothwing’s. There seemed to be a tension between the medicine cat and leader, bitterness and rivalry barely disguised. Eventually, Mothwing turned away and muttered a respectful farewell, and Dovepaw and Ivypaw were forced to bottle up their curiosity, take the kit, and leave Bramblestar and Hawkstar alone.
Outside, the rain had stopped, but the clouds still remained, blocking out the stars. Dovepaw and Ivypaw could barely see their own paws as they edged toward the nursery, nervous that they might head into the wrong den.
"Don’t you think it’s weird that Bramblestar and Hawkstar chose us to give the report? Ashfur was leading the patrol.” Ivypaw said.
Dovepaw nodded, unable to respond with fur in her mouth as they entered the nursery.
Inside, dozens of eyes watched them enter, and they knew that none of their clanmates had fallen asleep, despite their exhaustion. It was bad enough that they had to sleep in another camp, but with a bunch of noisy kits?
“Here, I’ll take that kit for you.” A queen mewed, and Dovepaw walked toward her voice and dropped the kit by her belly.
“Be careful. He can be very crabby.” Dovepaw cautioned.
“I have a name, you know!” The kit hissed.
“Case in point.” Ivypaw snorted, who was curling up beside Spiderleg.
“Fine, then. What is your name, kit?” Dovepaw asked.
“Jayfeather.” He sniffed.
Dovepaw remembered someone crying that name when she first took the kit, but she wasn’t paying any attention at the time.
“You seem to be a little young to have a warrior name.” Dovepaw remarked, hoping Jayfeather would give away more information.
“I don’t even know what a warrior is!” Jayfeather sneered, and Dovepaw turned away, too tired to deal with him anymore. She plopped down beside her sister and put her head on her paws, preparing to fall asleep.
But she just couldn’t force her eyes shut. The strange conversation with the two leaders left her curious. Why was there so much tension between Hawkstar and Mothwing? Why did Bramblestar seem so cold to Ashfur when they met him in RiverClan territory, his own deputy. Finally, she knew she couldn’t leave her questions unanswered anymore. “I think we should spy on Bramblestar and Hawkstar.” Dovepaw whispered, lifting her head and turning toward her sister.
“Are you insane? Do you have any idea what they would do if they found out? And I was just about to get some well deserved rest, thank you very much!” Ivypaw hissed crossly.
“I guess, but I just feel like they’re may be something important that they’re not telling us.” Dovepaw argued, feeling doubtful.
“We’re apprentices. They’re leaders of the clans. Why would they tell us anything?” Ivypaw growled.
“I know that. But they’re must be a reason why they chose us to give the report. They must have trusted us to rely on information from inexperienced apprentices.” Dovepaw retorted.
Ivypaw sighed and got to her paws, stretching carefully as too not awake the others.
“Fine, if it will shut you up, I’ll go. Just don’t blame me if we get sent to StarClan for this.” Ivypaw grumbled, but Dovepaw secretly knew her sister was just as eager for answers as she was.
Stareye
Stareye
Reviewer
Reviewer

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Stareye September 11th 2012, 18:10

I am so sorry I was gone for so long, guys! I had a lot to do over the summer, and din't get the chance to visit the forum much. But I have written a lot more for you to read! I might post more if I have time later, so be sure to check back soon!

The camp was still, and Dovepaw could hear the snores and relaxed breathing of the cats sleeping in their dens. There was hushed whispering in the warrior’s den, but Ivypaw and Dovepaw didn’t stop to listen. They just reached the foot of the leader’s den when Hawkstar jumped down into the clearing, and Ivypaw shoved Dovepaw into the ferns, quickly diving into the leaves after her.
The apprentices didn’t move a muscle, afraid they may have alerted him, but Hawkstar never turned around, instead sitting down calmly and watching Bramblestar carefully descend down the rock ledge.
“I can’t believe it, Bramblestar. You really think that kit was born to Leafpool and Crowfeather?” Hawkstar huffed as Bramblestar leaped down beside him.
Dovepaw and Ivypaw exchanged a shocked glance, both of them almost blinded by the surprise in eachother’s eyes. Their mother, Whitewing, had told them a story of the clans before Bramblestar and Hawkstar took over, but they’re favourite story was the affair between Leafpool and Crowfeather. They often marvelled at the courage of Leafpool, to abandon everything she knew and the clan that needed her, just for the love of her life, and to come back a traitor and a new life of responsibilities with her mentor gone. But to think that she actually returned to ThunderClan as a future mother of a litter of half-breeds was unthinkable… until now, that is.
“You wouldn’t have any doubts if you were there when it happened, Hawkstar. Haven’t you noticed how fat Leafpool got before she left the clans?” Bramblestar replied, confidence glaring in his amber gaze.
“I guess you have a point. But this isn’t the first half breed litter in the history of the clans. Even I am half ThunderClan, by our father’s heritage. What’s the big deal about this one?” Hawkstar said.
“I…I have a bad feeling about them. I’ve been having dreams lately, and it’s all the same. Three cats are leading an army to invade our territory, an every time they triumph, leaving me dead and bruised.” Bramblestar confessed, unable to look his half brother in the eye.
At this Hawkstar narrowed his eyes. “And the apprentices said that they’re three in Leafpool’s litter.” He growled ominously, which seemed to send a shutter through Bramblestar.
“Snap out of it, brother. No one has challenged us before, and anyone who has made sure to know of their mistake.” Dovepaw thought of all the nights where she heard pained wailing echoing through the forest, and she suppressed a chill.
“That apprentice of yours has a nice hostage, and if I know Leafpool, she’ll soon come running, and then they’ll be right in our paws.” Hawkstar said, and this seemed to eradicate Bramblestar’s doubt. He smiled warmly at Hawkstar and stood up, puffing out his chest in pride and certainty.
“Your right, Hawkstar. Two has-been warriors, a bunch of mewling kits and a medicine cat are no match for us. Besides, I know a few more secret filled litters in my clan.” Bramblestar stretched and yawned. Dovepaw and Ivypaw looked at each other again, their curiosity thumping in their ears. What did Bramblestar mean by that? Were there more half breeds in ThunderClan that they didn’t know about?
“If you don’t have anymore business to report, I think I should get my rest.” Bramblestar said, heading for the nursery. Dovepaw’s heart stopped beating for a second. If Bramblestar was going to go to the nursery, there was no way they could get back in time before he did without being seen, and what would they tell him once they were spotted?
“Of course. It’s a long journey back home. But you’re a leader, you should sleep in my den with a belly full of prey.” Hawkstar insisted, leading his brother to the fresh kill pile before he could object.
Releasing a sigh of relief, Dovepaw quickly crawled out of the ferns and trotted back to the nursery, careful not to draw the leader’s attention.
Once she and her sister were safely back in the nursery, they quickly curled up in their nests, hoping no one noticed that they left. Before long, Ivypaw was snoring beside her, but Dovepaw couldn’t shut her eyes, frustrated that spying on the leaders had done nothing but intensified her inquisitiveness. She found herself staring at the kit, fretfully sleeping by the queen, twitching his paws. How could a clan cat be born so far away from his heritage? What was his story?
Eventually though, her fatigue outweighed her curiosity, and she fell into a dreamless sleep.

Chapter 6
When Dovepaw awoke the next morning, she had no recollection of sleeping at all. She only remembered spying on Bramblestar and his half brother with her sister, and her burning curiosity to uncover the rotting truth hidden under the layer of leaves. She felt silly thinking about it, but she knew something was being hidden from her- from all of ThunderClan- by their leaders. , sheathing her claws just in time
Her thoughts were abruptly interrupted when Spiderleg nudged her, and she started, sheathing her claws just in time as she whacked him over the nose instinctively.
“Hey! No need to be so jumpy, apprentice!” Spiderleg growled, nudging her again and forcing her to stand. “We’re heading out for ThunderClan territory. Grab the kit and meet us in the clearing.”
Dovepaw dared to shoot him an angry glare as he crawled out of the nursery, then bent over the nest where the kit was sleeping and bit gently into his scruff, lifting him up.
The kit jolted, surprised out of his sleep, and waved his paws around. “You could have woken me up before you started carrying me like a dead mouse, furball!” He protested. Dovepaw purred in amusement, wondering why he woke in alarm the exact same way she did.
Outside, the whole patrol was already lined up and circled by RiverClan cats, ready to depart. Ashfur stood beside Bramblestar, his coat sleek and well groomed. Dovepaw moved to stand beside her father, feeling warmed with pride as he welcomed her with a rumbling purr.
“Thank you for your generosity, Hawkstar.” Bramblestar mewed, bowing his head respectfully. “I will be sure to return you the favour if you ever need it.”
“I wouldn’t hesitate.” Hawkstar replied, repeating his brother’s gesture. The two leaders shared one last look of trust and gratitude, then with a flick of his tail, Bramblestar led his patrol out of the camp and toward the trail that would take them across ShadowClan territory and back to their own camp.
Ivypaw swerved around the other warriors to walk beside her sister.
“I can carry the kit if you want. You carried him yesterday.” Ivypaw offered.
“It’s okay. I captured him, so I’ll see it through.” Dovepaw said through a mouthful of fur, strangely feeling bad about saying that. She would be severely punished for snatching a kit from ShadowClan; why should she be rewarded for taking a rouge kit away from it’s mother?

Back at the ThunderClan camp, Bramblestar ordered Dovepaw and Ivypaw to take the kit to Williowshine immediately. “We have to make sure he’s in good health before we can take him into the nursery. Don’t want him infecting our future warriors with greencough.” Bramblestar had explained.
It was as messy as usual in the medicine den, with leaves and herbs scattered in piles all over the place. Ivypaw let out a calling mew, and they heard a muffled response, followed by a series of crashes. Williowshine emerged, covered in tangled cobwebs and tansy leaves.
“Sorry, sorry, I was just trying to organize-” The sleek she cat paused when she saw her visitors. “Oh! It’s just you two. What can I do for you today?”
As Ivypaw explained what happened, Dovepaw marvelled at the messy cave. Williowshine was originally Mothwing’s apprentice, back in RiverClan, but after Bramblestar and Hawkstar rose to power, with Leafpool missing and her mentor dead, they were left with no medicine cat. Hawkstar had been happy to station Williowshine in ThunderClan to resolve the situation. She often heard the elder’s saying that Williowshine was a gifted medicine cat back in RiverClan. When Dovepaw looked at the she cat, who seemed happier than Dovepaw had ever seen her to listen to Ivypaw about RiverClan, she wondered if her change of skill had stemmed from home sickness.
For the second time that day, Dovepaw was ripped from her thoughts.
“Okay, let’s take a look at this kit.” Williowshine said enthusiastically, gently taking the kit from Dovepaw and placing him in a dry moss nest.
“So what’s you name, little kit?” Williowshine asked in her most soothing tone.
“Jayfeather.” He snapped, not fooled one bit by her act.
“That’s unusual to have a full name for your age.” Williowshine pressed as she searched through her herb storage.
“It’s unusual to be a spider’s practice dummy, too.” Jayfeather snarled, and Ivypaw recoiled at the kit’s rudeness. Williowshine shook the insult off with a purr, but Dovepaw could tell that she was rattled by it. Dovepaw had to restrain a bout of laughter as she watched Williowshine try to keep the fur on her shoulders flat. This kit had to be very smart in order to unhinge a full grown medicine cat. She could imagine him sending Bramblestar crying to the nursery with one comment.
Williowshine returned with a bundle of herbs, frowning.
“Odd. You seem to be perfectly healthy.” Williowshine muttered as she nosed Jayfeather, sniffing deeply.
“Why? Are kits around here supposed to get sick?” Jayfeather meowed, halfway between sarcastic and curious.
“No. Just because you don’t have a clan to look after you…” The words came out too late, before Williowshine could think.
“What? Just because you see some rouge down on their luck, you automatically assume they can’t take care of themselves?!” Jayfeather hissed, jumping to his paws. “Not every cat has to belong to some stupid, horrible band of so called warriors like you!” Jayfeather’s fur was fluffed so much he looked twice his size, and Dovepaw could almost believe that he was a honoured warrior trapped in a kit’s body.
Ivypaw cuffed the grey kit on the ear, pinning him into the moss and sparking a sharp jolt of alarm from Dovepaw.
“That’s enough out of you, rouge,” Ivypaw sneered out the word, malicious joy shining in her eyes as she watched Jayfeather struggle in anger, “It’s about time someone taught you some respect.” Ivypaw released the kit, and Jayfeather turned on her. Dovepaw prayed that he would come to his senses and just submit to his superiors, but he wouldn’t. He tried to pounce, but he landed to Ivypaw’s left, not quick enough to avoid her piercing claws, hooking his pelt on the tips and flinging him back into the nest.
Hearing Jayfeather’s mewl of pain struck the last chord with Dovepaw.
“Ivypaw! There’s no need to treat Jayfeather like that! He can barely defend himself!” Dovepaw cried, instinctively putting herself between Jayfeather and her sister.
Ivypaw regarded her with blank eyes, a surprised gesture painting her silver face.
“Dovepaw, relax. You know as well as I do that he won’t last to sunhigh with that attitude, hostage or not.” Ivypaw reasoned.
“I haven’t forgotten, sister. But that is no reason for kit abuse.” Dovepaw retorted.
She turned away from Ivypaw and sat back in her original position, and watched as Williowshine quickly wrapped some cobwebs around Jayfeather’s sore muscles.
“Now that that’s taken care of, let’s look at that problem.” Williowshine muttered. She crouched in front of Jayfeather, a mouse length away from his nose. “Jayfeather, can you see the colour of my eyes?” She meowed gently.
Dovepaw and Ivypaw felt bewilderment at such a silly question, but Jayfeather did not think so.
“Of course not. Smell or hearing doesn’t tell you colours!” Jayfeather replied.
“No one said it did. But your eyes can tell you that, right?” Williowshine insisted.
“No, they can’t! My eyes never told me anything! Nothing but darkness!” Jayfeather hissed, obviously sensitive about the topic. This flash of anger summoned another cuff from Ivypaw.
Williowshine sat back, worry overcast her face.
“You’re blind.” She murmured, a shadow of foreboding falling over the den. Weakness in the clans was not tolerated by Hawkstar and Bramblestar. Cats who were blind, deaf, or handicapped in any other way had to find a path to serve their clans very quick to avoid exile.
“I noticed.” Jayfeather said sarcastically. Willowshine didn’t reply. She just motioned for Dovepaw and Ivypaw to leave and let Jayfeather stay in her den. She started sorting through piles of herbs, and Dovepaw already knew what she was planning. Once Jayfeather was no longer needed for a hostage, he would be cast out, and Williowshine wanted to help him avoid that by making him her apprentice. Jayfeather may have insulted and looked down on her, but she was still a believer in the old warrior code, which said that kits must be protected. Dovepaw felt a heavy sadness at the silver she cat’s efforts, for she knew Jayfeather’s true fate; he would be executed. If what Bramblestar and Hawkstar had said last night was true, then Jayfeather was a half breed, and under the law of the new warrior code, all half breeds must not live.
Dovepaw turned to go, but an instinctive sense held her in place, beckoning her to protect Jayfeather. Sighing inwardly, she stepped toward the kit, and saw for the first time that he was shivering, rather from fright than cold. Sensing a dark shadow over him, he looked up, fixing Dovepaw in an ice blue gaze, like Hawkstar’s, but stuffed with innocence instead of malice.
“They… they don’t welcome blind cats here, do they?” Jayfeather whispered. Dovepaw blinked, surprised that such a young kit could figure that out so easily. Knowing she had to answer, she forced herself to look into his eyes, and her heart melted as she watched him puff out his fluffy kit fur.
“Don’t be silly, you furball. Any cat who would turn you away would have to be dumber than a rotten log.” Dovepaw purred, licking his head quickly before patting out of the den.

Chapter 7
Lionblaze lifted his muzzle to the breeze, breathing in the stale scents it brought to his tongue. He barely caught the smell of an old mouse, and he followed it to a flat creek bed, its waters almost frozen completely. He heard a quiet rustle, and dropped into a crouch instinctively. The mouse was a stark black compared to the red of the reeds, and it paid no mind as Lionblaze crept up on it. Almost a whisker length from the rodent, Lionblaze pounced, biting through its neck before it could even squeal. He trotted back to the den with his catch, feeling curiosity prickle through his skin when he smelled the anxious scents of Squirrelflight, Stormfur, and Leafpool. Hollyleaf, his crafty sister, crouched just outside the entrance, her fresh kill close to her stomach.
“What’s going on?” Lionblaze mewed, after he dropped his catch.
“Ssh! They’re talking about something they don’t want us to know about.” Hollyleaf hissed, shooting her brother a dirty glare.
“How can you tell they’re keeping it secret?” Lionblaze asked, lowering his voice.
“As I was coming back from the den, I heard them talking, but I could only catch tidbits thanks to this wind,” Hollyleaf explained, shifting a little farther away from the entrance, “However, I could hear them saying, ‘Jayfeather’, ‘Clans’, and ‘It isn’t time’.”
Lionblaze immediately fell silent, stepping in to sit beside his sister. For once, he didn’t care that Hollyleaf was talking like a know it all senior warrior. Their mother, Squirrelflight and Stormfur never told them anything about their missing brother, and didn’t talk about the Clans anymore ever since Leafpool stopped telling them stories about them. Squirrelflight and Stormfur always insisted that Jayfeather wandered off by himself and got lost, but they knew that wasn’t true; sometimes the adults forgot that they were there during the rouge fight. Secretly, Lionblaze and Hollyleaf resented that they weren’t trusted with the truth, but they didn’t show it. If they did, Squirrelflight, Stormfur, or their mother would sit them down and miserably interrogate them about what was troubling their lives.
“Leafpool, I’ve kept your wishes alive so far, but I won’t continue to do so anymore!” Squirrelflight was saying, Lionblaze imagining her stiffening her paws in her stubborn stance.
“I am their mother, Squirrelflight, don’t forget that. I’ll get to decide if they know about the clans!” Leafpool hissed, her words pelting Lionblaze like stones.
“Just because you birthed them Leafpool, doesn’t mean you know what’s best for them,” That was Stormfur’s voice, calm and demeaning compared to the she cats, but Lionblaze knew the tone he used when he was really, really angry. “You were given the prophecy yourself. They can’t run from their destiny forever.”
“It’s too soon for them to go back! It’s too dangerous! StarClan knows what they did to my little Jayfeather!” Leafpool wailed, barely holding back sobs.
“Get a hold of yourself, sister. As long as your kit’s destinies go unfulfilled, the clans will always be dangerous. You know as well as I do it’s probably more risky for them to return full grown rather than as kits.” Squirrelflight snapped.
“And if we wait too long, what will Bramblestar think? If he decides we won’t come, he’ll have no use for Jayfeather. He’s safe as long as we return in time.” Stormfur added.
Leafpool sniffled, and for a heart stopping moment, Lionblaze thought she was going to agree, but her raised voice almost knocked him backward. “No! I’ll never surrender the rest of my kits to that monster! He’ll kill them on sight, along with Jayfeather! I won’t lose them! Not like I lost Crowfeather…” Leafpool’s screeches finally faltered, and there was a silent thump as she crumpled back to the floor.
Lionblaze listened to Squirrelflight’s paw steps as she moved forward, each one like a clap of thunder.
“Leafpool, we all know you miss Crowfeather, but there’s nothing we can do for him now. But we can do something for our home, and I know you well enough that you’ll never forgive yourself if we don’t even try…”
Squirrelflight’s soothing voice droned on for awhile, but Lionblaze and Hollyleaf tuned out. They had heard enough. For a long time, they just stood there, not feeling the cold wind on their shoulders. Everything they had been told was a lie; not only were the fabled Clans of old real, but they were on the brink of destruction, and Jayfeather was being held captive in their midst. Considering the time of Jayfeather’s disappearance right after the battle, and their warrior style names, it was all cruelly obvious now. The fact buzzed around them like a wasp, mocking their stupidity and lack of logic; how had they not guessed sooner? But to their frustration, even more mysteries were revealed than answers. Who was this Crowfeather they talked about? From the sound of it, Leafpool obviously loved him very much… could he have been a lost kit, an unknown littermate to them? But what disturbed them the most, was what they said about the clans. They were not the same as when Leafpool, Squirrelflight and Stormfur left them. Something was gravely wrong… and they, supposedly humble, tiny, helpless rouge kits, were destined to stop it.
After a long time, they finally moved, but didn’t reach for the warmth and safety of the den. Instead, the walked in the opposite direction, toward the creek.

Lionblaze and Hollyleaf had found a small cave on the opposite shore of the creek soon after their brother’s disappearance.. no, kidnapping. It had a shallow entrance that only they could squeeze through, and with the abundance of willows, it could easily be mistaken for a crack between the boulders from the outside. When they had excitedly told Squirrelflight and Leafpool about their discovery, the sisters decided it would be alright for them to use as a ‘secret warriors headquarters”. But now, it served as a hiding spot from the deceivers.
“What are we going to do?” Lionblaze managed to say as Hollyleaf pawed at her thrush. They had planned to eat their fresh kill for themselves, disgusted by the thought of sharing a meal with the liars, but they weren’t hungry after all.
Swatting the bird away, Hollyleaf leaned forward, her face intense. “We can’t give them any clue that we know. That will only spell disaster for all of us.” Hollyleaf began slowly and harshly, making sure her impulsive, emotional brother understood.
Lionblaze nodded his understanding.
“Then, when they’re all sleeping, we need to sneak out.” Hollyleaf said.
“Sneak out? Where would we go?” Lionblaze gaped, horrified at the image of being outside in the middle of the cold night, with no cat to protect them.
“To the clans, silly.” Hollyleaf said simply.
“But we don’t know how far they are! We were born after Leafpool left the clans, remember?” Lionblaze reminded her.
“I never said it was going to be easy, mousebrain,” Hollyleaf retorted, “But the basics is that we need to re trace our steps to the first den we stayed at, and make sure to cover our tracks so Leafpool, Squirrelflight and Stormfur won’t find us. And if we’re lucky, we’ll still be able to follow the warriors who captured our brother from their pawsteps.”
“Have you gone insane? Their tracks-no, the ground their tracks were on has no doubt washed away by now! We have no idea which direction to go, how far to go, or even any landmarks to go by! We’d be blinder than Jayfeather!” Lionblaze protested.
Hollyleaf huffed with impatience. “Well, have you got a better idea? Do you want to spend the rest of our lives living out some empty, miserable, lonely existence knowing that the clans are dying and suffering, all because our mother, and ourselves, we’re too cowardly to go?” She argued.
Lionblaze remained silent. He knew she was right. Besides, they couldn’t just leave Jayfeather to the mercy of his captives.
“All right. We’ll go. But for now, we’re still supposed to be hunting.” Lionblaze sighed.

Last edited by Stareye on September 11th 2012, 19:07; edited 1 time in total
Stareye
Stareye
Reviewer
Reviewer

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Noxe September 11th 2012, 19:03

I love it! There were a couple of mistakes, but nothing major. There's so much detail, and I can't wait to see more! You're a great writer Very Happy
Noxe
Noxe
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Custom Rank : veteran
WarriorPoints : 13281
Female Posts : 3294

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Stareye September 11th 2012, 19:09

What mistakes did you notice? I need constructive critism if I am going to get better! Smile
Stareye
Stareye
Reviewer
Reviewer

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Noxe September 11th 2012, 19:16

Like here: "but they’re favourite story was the affair between Leafpool and Crowfeather. " they're should be their. "the sisters decided it would be alright for them to use as a ‘secret warriors headquarters”." Before secret, you put an apostrophe instead of quotation. There were some others but I can't find them Razz
This one isn't wrong, I just have a suggestion:
Lionblaze lifted his muzzle to the breeze, breathing in the stale scents it brought to his tongue.
You could say "drinking in" instead of breathing in. Well, it kind of depends on his mood xD
Noxe
Noxe
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Custom Rank : veteran
WarriorPoints : 13281
Female Posts : 3294

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunbeam September 11th 2012, 20:39

Awesome! Fan me! I really love your writing! Can't wait for more!
Sunbeam
Sunbeam
RiverClan Senior Warrior
RiverClan Senior Warrior

Custom Rank : Deadly
WarriorPoints : 9669
Male Posts : 1589

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 19,300

Back to top Go down

Post by Stareye September 15th 2012, 20:49

Thanks for the typo alert, Maplestream! I really appreiciate it! I'll try and fix them if I have time.
Sure thing, Sunbeam! I have an earlier shift at work tommorow, so I might have time to submit another chapter. Stay tuned!
EDIT: Here's the rest of the chapter everyone! Sorry it isn't much, but I'll try and write more when I can!

Lionblaze and Hollyleaf kept busier than ever to prepare for their quest. Lionblaze hunted for more food, and Hollyleaf knit together two bags out of oak leaves that could be slung around a cat’s shoulder and dragged without grasping it in their teeth.
“That’s so ridiculous!” Lionblaze howled with laughter when he saw it. “You look like some silly twoleg!”
“Shut up! I don’t see you making anything to help us out!” Hollyleaf chuffed, playfully headbutting him in the shoulder.
When it was close to twilight, Lionblaze had a tiny fresh kill pile stocked, and Hollyleaf had double checked the bags over and over for cracks or holes beyond the point of any doubt. Each of the kits picked up two pieces of prey and headed back for their waiting mother and guardians, the weight and meaning of the plan they set forward starting to sink in for the first time.

Under Hollyleaf’s watchful eye, Lionblaze didn’t give away anything about their escape, and nothing went wrong as everyone dozed off for the night. Lionblaze fell asleep immediately, exhausted from the effort of catching so much prey, but he felt like he only got one minute of precious sleep before a paw prodded his belly.
“It’s time to go, Lionblaze!” A hiss broke his delicate spell of sleep, and he started when he felt a jab of pain from a sharp kick. Startled, Lionblaze tensed, waving his paws through the air like an idiot.
“Careful! We can’t wake Leafpool up!” Hollyleaf warned sharply as Lionblaze struggled to his paws.
“Maybe I wouldn’t flail around if someone wasn’t kicking me!” Lionblaze retorted, resenting his sister’s bossiness.
“Whatever! Just follow me!” Hollyleaf commanded, forgetting that it was almost impossible to see her in the dark den. Lionblaze grumbled bitterly, managing not to step on anyone’s tails on the way out.
Hollyleaf had piled four of every herb of Leafpool’s outside, and she motioned for him to help her carry it to the den. Lionblaze nodded, awake enough to switch into silent mode. They had to make a few trips, but eventually they had stuffed their ‘travel bags’, one full of fresh kill, the other with herbs. Lionblaze shifted his head into the sleeve, and started walking, fighting not to grunt as he struggled with the weight of the fresh kill.
“You stupid furball! You’re trying to lift it with your head!” Hollyleaf purred, and when Lionblaze tried to turn, he pressed too hard on the other side of the sleeve and it snapped, sending Lionblaze sprawling across the den.
“Great! Now I have to repair it before we go!” Hollyleaf growled, managing to sound angry and amused at the same time. Lionblaze could only watch helplessly as his sister made repairs, and adjusted the bag for Lionblaze’s height. Once that was done, they were finally off, forgetting about the broken pieces of the bag as they began their quest.
Lionblaze looked up at the clear night sky, and felt joy overwhelm him as the stars twinkled above his head. He remembered the warm nights, back when they still had Jayfeather, when the clouds didn’t hide the stars, Leafpool would tell them about StarClan.
“When a warrior dies, they join StarClan. If you look closely, you can see a new star the night after a warrior passes on.” Leafpool would begin.
“There’s so many stars up there! The Clans must be really old!” Hollyleaf had squeaked.
“Aye, Hollyleaf. The founding leaders go back farther than any cat could remember.” Leafpool would agree.
“If there’s a warrior that won more battles in his clan than others, would his star be brighter?” Lionblaze always asked this question, and to his disappointment, there was always the same answer.
“Who knows, Lionblaze? The Clans may not even be real.” Leafpool had said.

That answer, where it had once provoked a sense of mystery, now provoked fury in Lionblaze. The Clans were real all along, and their family were even members of it at one time. He could have been a clan apprentice by now if they hadn’t left! Sullenly, Lionblaze remembered the rest of the hidden conversation; the clans were not what they used to be. Lionblaze and Hollyleaf would have to be careful if they were going to rescue Jayfeather, and find out who this mysterious Crowfeather is.

Stareye
Stareye
Reviewer
Reviewer

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content