Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

Should 'Warriors' be made a movie? - Page 2 Banner10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

Should 'Warriors' be made a movie? - Page 2 Banner10

Warrior Cats Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should 'Warriors' be made a movie?

+24
oceanmist
Stormheart
Birdstar
Icestar
Rainfeather
Nightwhisper
Coyoteheart
Swiftstar7798
Xenialhaze
Silverbreeze
FeatherPelt
Robynwing
<3Swiftnose<3
Nyx
Noxe
Ninecloud
Scarlett
Stareye
Asterismos
Caraway
Fireheart
SkyStar
Hazeldust
Honeystar
28 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Should 'Warriors' be made a movie? - Page 2 Empty Should 'Warriors' be made a movie?

Post by Honeystar July 16th 2011, 17:26

First topic message reminder :

Hello everyone. Well what do think? Should the 'Warriors' series be made into a movie? Yes, No, Maybe? Give me your reason or opinion. I'll try to make a poll for this later. As for myself, it might be great if that happened, but if it's similarly done in any way as The Guardians of Ga'Hoole, I'm inclined to cry out "Let It Be!"
Honeystar
Honeystar
WindClan Warrior
WindClan Warrior

Custom Rank : The Sweetest Leader
WarriorPoints : 10447
Male Posts : 2451

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 25,000

Back to top Go down

Should 'Warriors' be made a movie? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should 'Warriors' be made a movie?

Post by Guest July 18th 2011, 14:14

Fireheart wrote:Yeah, I dont like the manga warriors one either...weird looking.

I think the manga... well it's just not the same as the books you know? You don't know what the characters are thinking on the inside. In a manga/TV show, you're like watching everyone from third person. You don't know what they're thinking.

Back to top Go down

Should 'Warriors' be made a movie? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should 'Warriors' be made a movie?

Post by Fireheart July 18th 2011, 14:15

Thats smart thinking! I know what you mean, the books...they seem to go more into detail in things is what you mean, right?
Fireheart
Fireheart
Loner

WarriorPoints : 8457
Male Posts : 1435

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 9500

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 22nd 2011, 11:33

Fireheart wrote:Thats smart thinking! I know what you mean, the books...they seem to go more into detail in things is what you mean, right?

That's true. Movies don't give you as much perspective as a book.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fireheart July 22nd 2011, 12:01

Exactly so maybe a movie can have its pros and cons.
Fireheart
Fireheart
Loner

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 22nd 2011, 12:56

Since when did we start talking about Naruto?

Back to top Go down

Post by Fireheart July 22nd 2011, 13:27

Hahaha, idk but we were off that subject like 4 posts after it began Razz
Fireheart
Fireheart
Loner

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 22nd 2011, 13:33

Fireheart wrote:Exactly so maybe a movie can have its pros and cons.

So do we opt for a movie? I still vote yes because I would still love to watch it Very Happy

But please make the cats realistic. No more manga weird kitties Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Fireheart July 22nd 2011, 13:35

Owlflight wrote:So do we opt for a movie? I still vote yes because I would still love to watch it Very Happy

But please make the cats realistic. No more manga weird kitties Razz

I would agree, even if a movie was made, I'll watch it but I would actually prefer Animated cats then realistic cats (not the ones that are the manga kind though)
Fireheart
Fireheart
Loner

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeystar July 22nd 2011, 13:36

Cheesstar wrote: i just hope that it's realistic animation. i don't think that the manga is very good if they're going to animate that for a movie.

but you know if they made it into a movie then it would take like 30 years or something because harry potter had 7 books and it took 10 years. o.o

Yeah realistic animation sounds better (and I think that's how they would do it anyways).
But most importantly, if they do make a movie, they need to stay true to the "spirit" of the books. And 30 years isn't bad if it means the film-makers can do the job properly.
Honeystar
Honeystar
WindClan Warrior
WindClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeystar July 22nd 2011, 13:47

As I pointed out before, we only need to look at 'Guardians of Ga' Hoole' to know what might happen if the 'Warriors' movie is not done right. Even the Harry Potter movies and The Lord of the Rings Trilogy were more true to the "spirit" of the books, and general plotline, since they divided each movie (with the exception of the 7th Harry Potter book) by each book. With Guardians of Ga 'Hoole I was totally disappointed at the way they tried to cram at least 3 or 4 of the books' plot-line under 1 movie, and changing a whole bunch of other things.
Honeystar
Honeystar
WindClan Warrior
WindClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Stareye July 22nd 2011, 15:28

Honeytounge wrote:As I pointed out before, we only need to look at 'Guardians of Ga' Hoole' to know what might happen if the 'Warriors' movie is not done right. Even the Harry Potter movies and The Lord of the Rings Trilogy were more true to the "spirit" of the books, and general plotline, since they divided each movie (with the exception of the 7th Harry Potter book) by each book. With Guardians of Ga 'Hoole I was totally disappointed at the way they tried to cram at least 3 or 4 of the books' plot-line under 1 movie, and changing a whole bunch of other things.
I can't agree with you more. Gaurdian's of Ga'Hoole was a terrible movie, even beyond spitting on the books it was based on. The only two things it offered was pretty pictures and voilence (you know, so the little kids would actullay shut up through the movie), everything else was flawed and broken in every way. I mean, they cut out PRIMROSE, for pete's sake!
The same thing could easily happen to Warriors. I am sure cramming 3 plotlines in one movie for Gaurdian's of Ga'Hoole is child's play compared to trying to do the same thing for Warriors. The average page length for one book is 300; trying to fit the first three books into one movie would be even more choatic than the Gaurdian's of Ga'Hoole movie.
There's only two only postive things that would come out of a Warriors movie;
1. The chosen director somehow managed to make it good
2. All the merchandise and possibly a game that would come out of it.
Stareye
Stareye
Reviewer
Reviewer

Custom Rank : Wannabe Storyteller
WarriorPoints : 6298
Female Posts : 598

Warrior Information
Attack Power : N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeystar July 22nd 2011, 16:09

Well in my opinion, only one of those two things is actually positive (the other is just to get people to waste their money on something they don't really need).
Honeystar
Honeystar
WindClan Warrior
WindClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeystar July 22nd 2011, 16:16

For me, the only really 'good' thing about Guardians of Ga' Hoole movie was the very end.
1- It's finally over, and I can now leave the theatre.
2- the song 'Take to the sky' by Owl City, a real shame such a wonderful song had to go with such a piece of 'fox-dung' film (and with everyone doing #1, the song can't be fully appreciated).
Honeystar
Honeystar
WindClan Warrior
WindClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazeldust July 22nd 2011, 18:54

Speaking of terrible movies that didn't go with the book-Percy Jackson and the Olympians.

I love that book! I love all the books, including the Lost Hero and the Kane Chronicles.

But they didn't add in Clarisse, or even the mummy-Oracle of Delphi. The Oracle of Delphi basically started off the whole series because she made the prophecy, and the director didn't include her! Well, it would be a dead mummy, but still. So they never got around to filming the rest of the books-also because they looked a lot older than their actual ages in the book-by the time they're "16" they would be...too old.

I'm getting off topic...2 more things:

1. The setting of Harry Potter actually went pretty well with what I imagined-minus what the castle looked like from the outside. Just the cast of Harry Potter didn't always go with what I thought-like Lavender Brown and Professor Slughorn.

2. A movie for Warriors might be interesting-even if it's not what I thought it would look like. And does it take longer for animated movies to come out than movies with actual people in them? Because Kung Fu Panda came out like 3 years ago-and then Kung Fu Panda 2 came out this year. Same with Happy Feet-I really liked fluffy penguins. But Happy Feet 2's also coming out this year too, I think.
Hazeldust
Hazeldust
Loner

Custom Rank : WHAT
WarriorPoints : 9014
Female Posts : 1799

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 12,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeystar July 23rd 2011, 00:31

Hazeldust- To answer your question, it's actually quite the opposite. Animated movies take less time (about a year give or take) to create than live-action ones. Also a fan of Kung-Fu Panda (I have yet to see #2).
Honeystar
Honeystar
WindClan Warrior
WindClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar July 23rd 2011, 09:34

Honeytongue Is right live action everyone has to memorize there lines and they have to do blocking (moving) and they have to have costumes and they have to work with the set and the have to do make up. They also film real people movies one scene at a time so no one will get tired and they will take about three years. while as animated the people draw and make them move and they have proffesionals doing that. then they have voices do that then the movie is done in about a year.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Loner

Custom Rank : In Love
WarriorPoints : 8626
Female Posts : 1997

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 9900

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeystar July 23rd 2011, 14:10

I think if 'Warriors' is made into a movie, the best way to make sure it stays true to the 'spirit' and general plot of the books, is to have Erin Hunter (one of them at least) get involved with the film-making. Or do you think that might make matters worse?
Honeystar
Honeystar
WindClan Warrior
WindClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett July 23rd 2011, 16:25

It could be interesting to see a movie made out of it with all the special effects we're capable of these days.
Scarlett
Scarlett
IceClan Leader
IceClan Leader

Custom Rank : The Immortal
WarriorPoints : 433512
Female Posts : 3168

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 300,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninecloud July 27th 2011, 17:50

Honeytongue wrote:Hazeldust- To answer your question, it's actually quite the opposite. Animated movies take less time (about a year give or take) to create than live-action ones. Also a fan of Kung-Fu Panda (I have yet to see #2).

The sequel was amazing. Wonderful.

I wish to see the same in the Warrior Cats movie.
Ninecloud
Ninecloud
Loner

Custom Rank : Cloud 9
WarriorPoints : 7397
Male Posts : 105

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 21,500

Back to top Go down

Post by Fireheart July 27th 2011, 18:02

Animated is what I would vote for ^-^
Fireheart
Fireheart
Loner

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Stareye July 27th 2011, 18:40

Honeytongue wrote:I think if 'Warriors' is made into a movie, the best way to make sure it stays true to the 'spirit' and general plot of the books, is to have Erin Hunter (one of them at least) get involved with the film-making. Or do you think that might make matters worse?
It wouldn't help. Kathryn Lasky, the author of the seris, was an executive producer for the Gaurdian's of Ga'Hoole movie, and it was still a complete disaster.
Actullay, animation movies being shorter to make than live action isn't always true. It depends on the animation style. The Gaurdian's of Ga'Hoole movie uses very high defintion graphics, and the sequel is scheuled to release four years from now. I'll be a legal adult by then!
Stareye
Stareye
Reviewer
Reviewer

Custom Rank : Wannabe Storyteller
WarriorPoints : 6298
Female Posts : 598

Warrior Information
Attack Power : N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeystar July 27th 2011, 18:59

Wow four years from now! Great graphics are always a plus, but that doesn't matter if the story/plot is as messed up as the Guardians was!
Honeystar
Honeystar
WindClan Warrior
WindClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar July 27th 2011, 21:30

ya the story plot has to be right
SkyStar
SkyStar
Loner

Custom Rank : In Love
WarriorPoints : 8626
Female Posts : 1997

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 9900

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 28th 2011, 11:07

Ninecloud wrote:

The sequel was amazing. Wonderful.

I wish to see the same in the Warrior Cats movie.

I would like to see it animated, but realistic looking. Like the graphics in Polar Express. Realistic is bad because you can't control the animals. Animated will give a larger range of movements, etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fireheart July 28th 2011, 11:11

I agree with Crystaldance and I think realistic animals would look kinda weird in my opinion.
Fireheart
Fireheart
Loner

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next