Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

What if Snowkit Lived? #3 The Destiny  Banner10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

What if Snowkit Lived? #3 The Destiny  Banner10

Warrior Cats Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What if Snowkit Lived? #3 The Destiny

4 posters

Go down

What if Snowkit Lived? #3 The Destiny  Empty What if Snowkit Lived? #3 The Destiny

Post by Brambleheart5 January 11th 2012, 14:23

Prologue

Lark stared in shock as Tiger dragged Brook away.
"Mother!" She wailed.
She does love us! Lark tried to get out of the cave but a few rouges pushed her back.
"No!" Pine wailed. "No!"
Pine buried his face in his moss nest. Lark sat down in the cave. She had lost her mother, she didn't know who father and she only had Pine with her. They were alone.
"It's all because of me she's dead." Lark wailed.
"No it's not!" Pine hissed. "Don't say that!"
"It is, Pine, it is." Lark felt like clawing Tiger's ears off.
"Lark, we're all alone!" Pine wailed. "What are we going to do?"
"I-I don't know." Lark whispered. "I really don't."
Pine laid his head on his paws. Lark sighed and curled up next to him. Pine closed his eyes. Lark stayed awake for awhile then fell asleep. She opened her eyes to see Brook standing over her.
"Mother!" Lark shouted and nuzzled her.
"Lark." Brook smiled.
"It's my fault I-"
"No, it had to happen." Brook meowed licking the top of Lark's head. "You and Pine must stop this."
Lark nodded. "We'll try, Mother."
Brook smiled. "I love you."
"I love you too, Mother." Lark meowed.
"Tell Pine I said I love him too!" Brook shouted before turning and dashing off.
Lark smiled. "I will. I promise."

Chapter: 1
Moons passed and Lark and Pine felt like prisoners. They were forced to stay in the cave no matter what. They were brought only one mouse every day. Lark shoved her mouse aside.
"I'm not hungry." She meowed.
"Oh." Pine meowed gazing at the exit to the cave.
"I wish.." Lark said.
"So do I." Pine sighed.
Lark sighed too. She would do anything to be outside again. Anything. Lark dug her claws into some moss. She couldn't take it. She dashed out of the cave.
"Lark, no!" Pine yowled. "They'll kill you!"
Scar, a brown tabby with black stripes and a scar across his face.
"What do you think you're doing?" He growled.
When raven was killed by an unknown cat Scar became leader and became Believe's new mate.
"Getting out of here!" Lark spat.
"You're not going anywhere." Scar growled unsheathing his claws.
Lark whimpered backing up. She was no match for Scar. Suddenly Pine leaped onto Scar's back.
"Run!" He yowled.
Lark dashed toward the exit of the cave.
"Come on, Pine!" She yowled stopping.
"Go on without me I'll catch up!" Pine yowled as Scar shook him off of his back.
Lark turned and dashed away. She stopped at a stream. She smiled as she saw the sun coming up. She hadn't been outside in moons. She purred as the sun warmed her pelt. She was free at last. She spun around to face the stream. She bent down to get a drink. It was so fresh! When she and Pine were prisoners they only had the water the rouges squeezed out of moss onto the ground. She purred louder as the wind ruffled her fur.
"I'm free!" She yowled. "I'm free!"
She felt like a kit again as she jumped into a pile of leafs that was under a small tree. She rolled in the leafs. Then suddenly a thought hit her. Pine! She had forgotten about him! Where was he? Was he ok? She stumbled out of the leafs and glanced around.
"Pine?" She yowled.
The bushes rustled and a figure stumbled out.
"Pine!" Lark gasped staring at him.
Pine had a torn ear, a swollen eyes and was bloody.
"What did he do to you?" Lark wailed.
Pine looked at her for moment then stumble over. Lark leaned over him.
"I-it's going to be just fine," Lark meowed. "I-I'll find some help!"

Lark dashed off.
"Help!" She wailed.
She stopped outside of a cave.
"H-hello?" She yowled padding into the cave.
She saw a flash of fur.
"Go away!" A voice hissed. "Rouges aren't wanted here!"
"I-I'm not a rouge." Lark said.
"I don't believe you." The voice spat.
"Who are you?" Lark growled.
The cat stepped out of the shadows. He had dark gray fur and amber eyes.
"My name is Stormfur." The tom growled. "Who are you?"
"My name is Lark." Lark meowed.
Stormfur's eyes brightened. "Lark that Sings at Dawn?"
"No, just Lark." Lark corrected him.
"Did you mother's name happen to be Brook?" Stormfur asked sniffing lark.
"H-how did you know?" lark jerked away from him.
"Because I'm your father."

Chapter: 2
"What?" Lark yowled.
"Where's Brook?" Stormfur asked.
"S-she's dead." Lark meowed sadly.
"No!" Stormfur closed his eyes.
"Tiger killed her." lark meowed looking at her paws.
"What about Pine?" Stormfur asked.
"He's dieing and i was looking for help!" Lark remembered. "Hurry, follow me!"
Lark dashed away Stormfur following her. Please let him be alive. Brook saw Pine laying stretched out coughing. Stormfur dashed up to him.
"Pine?" Stormfur whispered.
Pine hissed at Stormfur.
"It's ok, Pine, he's our father." Lark meowed.
Pine narrowed his eyes at Stormfur then coughed. Stormfur whimpered.
"Stormfur?" Lark whimpered.
"I-I don't know what to do!" Stormfur said looking down at his paws. "It's up to Starclan to save him."
"Starclan?" Lark asked. "Who's Starclan?"
Stormfur looked up at Lark. "Brook didn't tell you about your true home did she?"
"No." Lark said.
"Then listen well." stormfur meowed.
Pine stared at Stormfur as he told stories of Starclan, the clans, the tribe and The Tribe of Endless Hunting.
"Why'd you leave the clans?" Pine rasped.
"I felt like I belonged here." Stormfur said.
"Do you miss the clans?" Lark asked.
"I miss them but I would never leave here." Stormfur said.
"Where is the tribe?" Pine rasped.
"After you two and Brook were taken the rouges came back and fought us over and over again. Then they killed Stoneteller." Stormfur meowed sadly.
"What happened next?" Lark asked her eyes wide.
"The tribe split up and ran away from their home I was the only one who stayed." Stormfur answered.
"What about Brambleclaw?" Pine asked stumbling up.
"I haven't seen him since Stoneteller was killed." Stormfur said grief shinning in his eyes. "He was brave and will be missed dearly."
"We have to get the tribe back together!" Lark shouted.
"Yeah!" Pine shouted.
"Lark, Pine, they could be anywhere now." Stormfur said. "The Tribe of Rushing Water is no more."
"We have to try." Lark hissed.
You can do it. Brook's voice meowed in her ear. I believe in you.

Chapter: 3

Lark lay in the cave that once belonged to the tribe. She had a moss nest and next to her was Pine who was sound asleep. Stormfur sat outside staring at the sky.
"Brook." Lark heard him whisper to the stars. "I should of saved you. It's all my fault."
He laid his head on his paws. "How will I raise our kits alone?"
Lark felt grief tug at her. Stormfur must of really loved Brook.
"I'm so sorry." Stormfur meowed turning to walk back into the cave. "If I only had one more chance to save you I would of." He meowed over his shoulder.
Lark laid down in her nest and pretended to be asleep as he walked past her. Lark watched him. she knew he was heartbroken. The next day Lark woke up as she heard Stormfur hiss. She jumped up.
"Hide!" Stormfur hissed.
Lark shoved a paw in Pine's side.
"Stormfur says we need to hide!" She whispered.
Pine stumbled up.
"Let's get somewhere save fast!" Lark lead him deeper into the cave.
"It's really dark back here." Pine whispered.
Lark nodded. She couldn't see anything.
"Run!" Stormfur's yowl sounded.
lark turned around to dash out of the cave but she bumped into something furry.
"Pine, get out of the way!" Lark growled.
"I'm over here." Pine meowed.
Lark could only see his eyes. He was right beside her. Lark whimpered. The cat growled.
"You're in so much trouble for running away." The cat growled.
It was Tiger. Lark heard a yowl of pain.
"Stormfur!" Lark wailed.
Tiger held her back. "Don't worry about him he's going to a better place now." Tiger snickered grinning.
"You fox-heart!" Lark spat.
Another yowled filled the air. Pine flattened his ears. Tiger grabbed Pine by his scruff and tossed him out.
"He's all yours, Hope!" Tiger snickered.
Lark hissed at him.
"Now let's finish this." Tiger growled laying a paw on Lark's throat. Lark jerked away. Tiger snickered. Lark couldn't get out. There were to many cats outside and Tiger had her cornered. Lark looked up at him. He sprang on Lark and pinned her down within seconds. He laid a paw on Lark's throat again. He let the tip of his claws touch her throat. Lark closed her eyes tight. Was this the end?

Chapter: 4
Lark whimpered as Tiger dug his claws deeper into her throat. Suddenly he fell over off of her. Lark jumped up to see Pine clawing at him. Lark sprang on Tiger to help Pine. A yowl filled the air.
"Stormfur!" Lark wailed dashing out of the cave.
She stopped as she saw a tom on top of Stormfur digging his claws in his throat.
"Crag, what happened to you?" Stormfur hissed at him.
Lark yowled dashing toward them. Crag jumped off of Stormfur. Stormfur was gasping for breath. Crag walked up to Lark. Lark sprang at him but he stepped aside. Lark toppled over. he laid a paw on her back holding her down.
"You thought you could beat me didn't you?" Crag snickered.
Lark kicked him off of her. Crag landed on his paws and dashed toward her. He knocked Lark out of the cave. Lark slid off the edge. She wailed a dug her claws into the edge of the cliff. Crag stood over her and snickered. lark looked up him trying to scramble up. But the ground was crumbling beneath her her. Crag watched a smile on his face. Lark wailed. Suddenly the smile on Crag's face faded.
"Y-you look like Brook." His eyes where filled with grief.
"I-I'm her daughter." Lark said trying to hold on to the ground.
"Brook." He whispered. "Brook, what have I done?"
Lark tried to climb up but the edge crumbled. She wailed as she tumbled down into darkness. She saw Crag's face peer over the edge.
"No!" He wailed. "Brook!"
Lark landed on the hard stone floor with a loud thump. Her head was bleeding she could tell. She couldn't get up. She couldn't tell if she was dead or alive. She knew she was bleeding but she didn't hurt anywhere. She whimpered her eyes closing.
"Brook!" Crag's wail filled the air. "What have I done?"
"Where's Lark?" Lark could hear Stormfur's voice.
"I-I killed her." Crag whimpered.
"You what!" Stormfur spat.
Lark heard Crag yowl and heard hisses. She knew Stormfur attacked him. But was she really dead? She stumbled up as she heard pawsteps. she looked up to see Brook.
"Oh,no." Lark whimpered. "I-I'm dead aren't I?"
Brook slowly nodded. Lark padded up to her.
"No, Lark, you must stay." Brook said.
"But I'm dead!" Lark said. "How could I stay here?"
"You must help Pine bring the tribe back." Brook answered. "Everyone has waited for seasons for him to be born."
"What?" Lark asked.
"Pine has a destiny unlike any other." Brook said. "He must complete it."
Lark stood silently staring at Brook.
"You must, Lark." Brook said.
Lark was silent for a moment then she nodded. Brook smiled and licked Lark's cheek. Then she turned and vanished into the bushes. Lark turned and climbed up the rocks. She climbed to the top and padded into the silent cave. She saw Crag and Stormfur clawing at each other in the middle of the cave.
"Stop!" Lark hissed.
They didn't even look up. She dashed to them and slashed her claws at Crag. He didn't even flinch. Lark froze. She didn't even see a scratch on the place she clawed him. They couldn't see or hear her! Lark slowly backed away. What would she do?

Chapter: 5

Lark dashed toward Pine as he appeared from the cave.
"Pine!" She yowled.
He looked up at Crag and Stormfur a trickle of blood coming from his mouth. Lark gasped as she saw inside the cave. Tiger was sprawled out is throat sliced open and gashing blood. Next to his body stood a faded version of him.
"Tiger?" Lark knew he was dead.
Tiger looked up his eyes filled with grief.
"What had I turned into?" He asked her. "I never should of ran away as a kit from my home. I should have never done the things I did."
Lark looked at him her heart aching.
"Now I have no other choice but to pay for all I did." He began to fade away his body turning the color of blood. He let out a wail of sadness and vanished.
Lark looked at his limp body then turned away and walked out of the cave. She looked up to see Brook standing in front of her.
"What happened to him?" Lark asked. "Where will he go?"
"He'll go someplace no cat wants to go," Brook said staring at Tiger's body behind Lark. "Someplace dark."
Lark watched her vanish into thin air. She looked up as she heard a yowl and saw Crag about to dig his fangs into Stormfur's throat. Before Lark could do anything Pine sprang at them. He let out a yowl and shoved Crag off of Stormfur like he was nothing but a feather. He pinned Crag down as soon as he landed on the ground.
"Never do that again." Pine growled.
Lark watched in amazement as Pine lifted a paw in the air. His paw began to glow red. Crag let out a yowl of fear as Pine's paw turning into a ball of bright red fire. Pine didn't even flinch as his other paws caught on fire. Lark froze as she heard Brook's voice.
"Fire shall burn the evil away but never stop the pain." Her voice whispered. "Four shall rise with a power to stop the darkness that awaits."
Lark shivered as Brook vanished. Crag turned and dashed out of the cave as the ground of the cave began to come up. Pine stood on it his tail twitching and his paw raised. Lark froze as a boulder floated in front of his paw.
"Pine, no!" Lark wailed as he tossed it out of the cave entrance.
Pine laid his paw back on the ground growling. Lark watched him as he padded up to Stormfur. Stormfur stared at him in silence.
"Are you ok?" Pine asked.
Stormfur backed away from Pine slowly.
"Stormfur?" Pine said.
Stormfur let out a yowl of fear and dashed out of the cave.
"Where are you going?" Pine shouted after him.
Pine padded past Lark and into the cave were Tiger's body was. Lark watched him as he grabbed Tiger's scruff and dragged him out of the cave, past Lark and outside. Lark slowly followed him.
"Lark." A voice said behind her making her stop.
She turned around to see Brook.
"Speak to him." Brook said.
"But how?" Lark asked.
"Do it." Brook said.
Lark padded up to Pine who pushed Tiger's body into a bushes.
"Pine." She said softly.
Pine looked up his eyes getting wide.
"Lark!' He yowled. "Lark, it's you! You're alive!"
"No,Pine, I'm not." Lark sighed. "I am dead."
Pine looked at his paws. Brook whispered in Lark's ear.
"Speak of the destiny." She said. "Repeat after me."
Lark slowly nodded. "Pine, I bring you a message."
Pine looked up as she went on.
"Four shall come together and stop the darkness that awaits," Lark went on. "Jay shall fly from pine with dove at side and may a lion's roar fill the sky."
"What do you mean?" Pine asked Lark.
"Four shall save Thunder, Wind, River, Shadow and Water." Lark couldn't stop it was as if Brook was controlling her.
"Thunder? Wind, River, Shadow and Water?" Pine cocked his head.
Brook whispered one last words into Lark's ear before vanishing. "Clans."
"Clans." Lark repeated. "Clans."

Chapter: 6
"How are we going to get there?" Pine asked.
"Lets rest." Lark said leading him into the cave.
"Are these the clans Stormfur spoke of?" Pine asked.
"I guess." Lark said shrugging.
"How could you not know you told me!" Pine said.
"Let's just rest!" Lark hissed curling up at the entrance of the cave.
Pine curled up next to her as she drifted into sleep. She woke up to see a fluffy white tom looking at her with bright blue eyes.
"Who are you?" She asked standing up.
"My name is Snow that Falls on Mountains." The tom answered as more cats appeared.
Lark looked around her. Everything was dark but the cats glowing pelts with stars in them.
"My name is Rainbow across Blue Sky." A brown she-cat meowed.
"I'm Star that Twinkles in Night Sky." Another brown she-cat said her amber eyes shinning.
"My name is Wish." A voice said from the shadows.
"And I'm Sunstar." A bright yellow tom said.
Brook padded up to Lark smiling.
"Brook." Lark said nuzzling her mother.
"Lark, you must get to the clans." Brook said. "You must give you a message."
"What kind?" Lark asked.
All the cats around her vanish into thin air. Lark whimpered as a yowl filled the air.
"Four shall rise to stop the darkness that awaits!" One of the yowls said. "If they do not come together the forest shall be soaked in blood."
Lark felt blood on her paws. She wailed as a vine grabbed her paw.
"Join us." Voices whispered. "Kill with us."
"No!" Lark wailed. "Let me go!"
The ground began breaking and pulling her in. She wailed and tried to get free.
"No!" She yowled. "No!"
"Join us or every cat alive dies!" The voices hissed.
"No!" Lark struggled to get free.
The sand was already up to her chin. Suddenly darkness covered her sight and hearing.
"Join us!" One last hiss filled the air.
Lark jumped up next to Pine.
"What is it?" Pine asked half asleep.
"We have to get to the clans." Lark said.
"But how?" Pine asked.
Lark felt her paws being lifted off the ground.
"What?" She tried to get down.
"I will lead." Brook whispered.
Lark looked at Pine. "Follow me."

Chapter: 7

Days later Lark and Pine finally stumbled to a stop by a stream. Pine bent down to lap up some water when a light gray she-cat appeared. the she-cat hissed her fur rising as her gaze landed on Pine.
"Get out of here you dirty rouge!" The cat hissed.
Lark stepped in front of the she-cat. "We are here in search of Thunderclan."
The she-cat padded toward Pine her back arched. Lark was about to attack her then she stopped. I'm dead. She can't see, hear or be hurt by me.
"We must speak with Thunderclan." Pine said in a low voice.
"Thunderclan? What are you going to do over there? Beg Firestar to let you join his clan?" The she-cat spat. "get out of my territory now!"
Pine turned and dashed off and Lark followed him. Pine ran head first into a orange tabby tom. The tabby tom hissed pushing Pine away.
"What are you rouges doing at the Thunderclan border?" He growled.
"M-my name is Pine I-I'm Brook and Stormfur's son." Pine stammered.
The tabby's amber eyes turned gentler as he heard Brook and Stormfur's name. "Are they here as well?"
"Brook's...Dead." Pine said. "And Stormfur's...Gone."
"Oh." The tabby's eyes shinned with grief. "Well, my name's Lionblaze I'm deputy of Thunderclan. I kinda knew your parents. Come to camp." Lionblaze led the way and Lark trailed behind them. They barged into camp and hisses and shouts of alarm filled the air as the cats saw Pine.
"Who are you?" A pure white fluffy tom with blue eyes hissed his pelt fluffing up.
"This is Pine Brook and Stormfur's son." Lionblaze explained in a calm voice. "They need to speak with Firestar I believe." Lionblaze turned to Pine and waited for a answer.
"I-I guess." Pine stammered he looked puzzled as to who Firestar was.
A bright orange tom appeared out of a small den a light gray tabby tom padded out beside him. "Someone wishes to speak with me?" The asked.
"This is Pine-" Lionblaze began only to be cut of as Firestar held his tail up for silence.
"I heard you talking from inside Jayfeather's den." He said gently then turned to Pine. "What is wrong?"
"We..uh..Have a message from..Uh..Starclan?" He stammered glancing at Lark for help.
Lark nodded.
"Uh..Yes Starclan." Pine said. "Can I speak with you."
Firestar nodded. "But first, is Brambleclaw ok?"
"He's..Uh..He was..Killed." Pine stammered shuffling his paws.
Yowls of alarm filled the air.
"By who?"
"He should of never went with them!"
"It can't be true!"
Pine flattened his ears his eyes wide as if he thought one of the warriors would spring on him and tear him to shreds. Lark wasn't listening her gaze was locked with the tabby tom, Jayfeather. She felt her fur fluff up was as if he was looking straight at her. Wait. He was. The tom seemed to be studying her with his dull blue eyes. Lark shivered. Could he see her? Was his evil? Would he hurt Pine? The tom's eyes seem to sparkle with amusment.
He leaned toward her and whispered. "Don't fear me. I couldn't hurt you if I tried."
She jerked away from him her breath coming in ragged gasps. "Y-You can see me!" She shrieked in alarm. "Who-What are you?"
"I'm a medicine cat." He grinned. "I know all."
Lark turned to see how Pine was doing but Pine and Firestar were walking away. Lark went to follow them but Jayfeaher pulled her back.
"We must talk about this message." He said.
Lark stood still for a second than followed him into the medicine cat den. He sat down in a moss nest and she sat down in front of him.
"Four shall rise to stop the darkness that awaits," Jayfeather said. "If they do not come together the forest shall be soaked in blood."
"H-how do you know?" Lark stammered in shock.
"I am one of the three." He said.
"T-the three?"
"One of your tribemates must have a power." Jayfeather said. "The three all have powers."
"W-what's yours?" Lark dared to ask.
"I can read minds." He said looking straight at her. "And as a medicine cat I can see dead cats even though I'm blind."
"I'm dead." Lark said a hint of grief in her voice. "Pine can see me-and he has powers."
"Lionblaze, the tom that brought you here, has powers he's my brother." Jayfeather meowed. "He is the most powerful cat alive and can never die."
"Who's the third?"
"Dovewing, she can hear things from far, far away." Jayfeather said. "What can Pine do?"
"He-He has control of all elements." Lark said. "Fire, Earth, Water and Wind."
"Interesting." Jayfeather said his eyes shined with interest.
Suddenly Lionblaze barged in. "Jayfeather-" He stopped as his gaze rested on Lark.
"Can he see me?" She asked looking behind herself.
"I-I can.." He said. "But I didn't see you before.."
"What's going on?" Jayfeather asked.
"I was with Firestar when he was talking to Pine-"
"Pine's the forth." Jayfeather said. "He is Lark's brother."
"So she's dead?" Lionblaze asked.
"Yes, but how did you die, Lark?" Jayfeather turned to Lark.
Lark shuffled her paws. "It's..Uh..Long story."
"We've got time." Jayfeather pricked his ears.

Chapter: 8

Jayfeather nodded when Lark finished talking then turned to Lionblaze. "What did Firestar say about the message?"
"He just nodded then told Sandstorm to take him to the apprentice den to make a nest." Lionblaze said.
"So your Brook and Stormfur's kit?" Jayfeather narrowed his eyes at Lark. "Do you know any of their family members that might of known the rouges?"
"Not really.." Lark said. "I know Brook's parents are Snow and Rainbow."
"Do you know anything about them?" Jayfeather asked.
"I know that Snow wasn't a full tribe cat." Lark answered remembering the stories Brook told her.
"Maybe he was a rouge before?" lionblaze said. "Do you know how he came to the tribe?"
"He wandered in as a kit, he was deaf." Lark said.
"He sounds like someone I know." A voice meowed behind Lark.
"Graystripe?" Lionblaze gasped. "D-do you see her?"
Graystripe nodded and Lark could sense shock running through Jayfeather and Lionblaze.
"Was he pure white with bright blue eyes?" Graystripe asked.
"I-I think." Lark stammered.
"Than I believe Snow is the little deaf kit that was taken away from the clans." Graystripe said.
"Who?" Lark asked her ears pricked up.
Jayfeather had his ears pricked as well. Lark gasped when Graystripe finished telling them about Snowkit.
"So that means that after all this time Snowkit lived?" A voice meowed behind Lark.
Lark turned around to see a brown she-cat with bright amber eyes and her hind legs dragging on the ground as she crawled over to them.
"Lark," Jayfeather meowed. "This is Briarlight. Briarlight, this is Lark."
"Nice to meet you, Lark." Brairlight smiled.
Lark didn't know what to say she just stared at Briarlight's legs. "W-what happened to you?"
"I was hurt." Brairlight said her eyes filled with grief.
"But you lived." Graystripe said then turned to Jayfeather. "So why is Lark here?"
Jayfeather took a deep breath and began to explain the three to Graystripe.
"And now Pine is the forth." He finished.
Graystripe nodded. "Why didn't you tell Firestar?"
"He knows." Lionblaze said.
Graystripe's eyes flickered with a bit of saddness as if he was hurt that Firestar didn't tell him anything about the three. "Where's Dovewing?" He said after a few heartbeats.
Lionblaze shrugged. "Probably out hunting."
Suddenly Lark remembered Pine. "Where's Pine? he has to meet you all."
"I'll go get him." Lionblaze said padding out of the medicine cat den.
"I'll go get Dovewing." Graystripe meowed then went out after Lionblaze.
Lark could sense the battle coming soon. Maybe to soon. What if they aren't ready in time? What if they don't make it? Lark couldn't shake the thought away. She was already dead, but the others weren't. Why does Pine have to be the forth? Why can't things just be normal? Lark looked at Jayfeather who smiled.
"There's no such thing as normal." He said.

Chapter: 9

Lark sat next to Pine in the middle of the training hollow in Thunderclan territory while Jayfeather, Lionblaze, Dovewing and Graystripe were huddled together talking in low voices.
"Ok, so we're going to test Pine out?" Dovewing asked. "Like fight him to see how tough he is?"
"No, I'll be the one fighting him." Lionblaze said. "Ivypool said that the battle is only days away and we're running out of time."
Lark looked at Pine who was shuffling his paws. "You'll do fine." She whispered.
Pine looked up at her and smiled but his smile faded as Lionblaze stepped forward.
"Are you ready?" He asked.
Pine slowly nodded. "I-I guess."
Lionblaze sprang at him his teeth bared. Fear ran through Lark as Lionblaze unsheathed his claws. he won't really hurt Pine. Lark told herself. Pine lifted a paw and water splashed in Lionblaze's face as Pine lifted it from underground. Lionblaze yowled in shock as a rock rose from the ground and flew at him. Dovewing and Graystripe watched in shock while Jayfeather stood silent. Pine knocked Lionblaze off his paws and leaned over him holding a firey paw over his throat. Lionblaze's eyes were wide with fear. Lark shivered as she looked into Pine's blood red eyes. He looked...Evil. Lark shook the thought away.
"Pine stop!" Lark yowled as Pine was about to slice his firey claws down Lionblaze's throat. Pine looked up at Lark his blood red eyes faded to amber and and fell onto his side his breath coming in ragged gasps.
"What's wrong with you!" Dovewing spat. "You could of hurt him!"
Lionblaze stumbled up his eyes still wide. Jayfeather was still silent his gaze locked on Pine.
"No." Jayfeather whimpered. "This can't be true."
"What can't?" Lionblaze asked.
"Him." Jayfeather said pointing his tail at Pine. "He can't be the forth."
"What? Why?" Lark hissed. "He has powers too! So what if he went a little overboard he has to be the forth!"
Before Lark could say anything else Ivypool appeared. "I came as quick as I-" She stopped as her gaze landed on Pine.
"P-Pine?" She choked out.
"You know him?" Graystripe cocked his head.
"That's the problem." Ivypool looked at Graystripe her eyes wide.
"What do you mean?" Lark shivered. What are they talking about?
"I've....Seen him in the Dark Forest." Ivypool said her voice shaking.
"You mean..." Lark trailed off as Pine stumbled up.
"I-I'm sorry." He growled. "But I had no choice."
"The forth is not on our side?" Lionblaze backed away from Pine. "How could this be?"
Pine's eyes glowed red as he rested his gaze on Jayfeather.
"You." He growled. "You knew all along. I could tell."
"I think it's time for someone to put you on the right path." Jayfeather growled.
"Like who?" Pine spat.
"Me." Lionblaze stepped in front of Jayfeather.
"No!" Lark wailed. "Stop! Don't hurt him!"
"What else can we do?" Ivypool hissed. "The battle is coming!"
Lionblaze froze. "When?"
"Sunset." Ivypool answered.
"Today?" Lionblaze yowled in shock.
"Y-yes." Ivypool answered.
"Than we only have a few heartbeats left!" Dovewing shrieked. "Why didn't you tell us sooner, Ivypool?"
"Because," Ivypool looked at her paws. "I couldn't let them down."
"Who?" Dovewing could barely finish speaking before Ivypool sprang at her.
"I'm a dark forest warrior!" She yowled to the sky.
Pine dipped his back in a yowl. A huge brown tabby tom appeared his amber eyes glowing.
"Nice job." He grinned.
"Thank you, Tigerstar." Ivypool smiled.
"Dark Forest warriors, attack!" Tigerstar yowled.
Lark was blinded by the flood of cats that came from all directions.
"Starclan warriors, attack!" More yowls filed the air and more cats flooded through the bushes.
"Thunderclan, attack!" Firestar's yowl sounded in the distance along with many others.
Lark flattened her ears in fear. What would she do? What could she do? Suddenly teeth dug into her scruff and ran off with her. The cat had stars in it's fur and it ran into a cave with Lark.
"W-Who are you?" Lark asked.
The cat had long white fur and bright blue eyes.
"My name is Feathertail, your father's sister." She meowed.
"You're dead?" Lark asked.
"Indeed." Feathertail's eyes seemed to shine faintly with grief.
"Why did Pine betray us?" Lark asked. "Who is the real forth?"
"I don't know why he betrayed you." Feathertail said. "But he is the real forth."
"What will happen to the others?" Lark asked.
"I'm afraid no one knows." Feathertail sighed.
Lark turned and padded out of the cave.
"Where are you going?" Feathertail asked.
"To find my brother."

Chapter: 10

Lark ran past all the fighting cats and stopped dead in her tracks as she saw Briarlight's body sprawled out in front of Pine.
"That'll teach you." Pine growled flexing his firey claws.
Lark stared at Briarlight's deep burns on her throat then looked up at Pine.
"What happened to you?" She asked. "Where's my brother?"
Pine's eyes glowed a brighter red. "I'm afraid he's long gone."
"What do you mean?" Lark hissed.
"He belongs to me now." Pine snickered then dashed off into the crowd of cats.
"P-Pine!" Lark wailed dashing after him. "Come back, please!"
She shoved other cats aside until she stood nose to nose with Pine.
"Give me back my brother." She snarled.
"Or what?" Pine growled.
Lark didn't answer her gaze was locked on a tom who dashed into Jayfeather's den.
"Jayfeather!" She shrieked dashing into his den.
Jayfeather stood face to face with a gray tom with black spots and stars in his fur.
"Oh, you're a starclan at." Lark sighed in relieve.
The tom nodded but his eyes swelled with grief. "I-I'm Ashfur." The tom said.
"I've heard about you." Lark said. "How are you a Starclan cat?"
"Because he was only heartbroken." Jayfeather said. "Starclan said he never meant any harm."
Ashfur's eyes were dull as he turned to Jayfeather. "I was a useless mouse-brain who didn't belong with the clans or Starclan. But now everything can change."
"How?" Lark asked.
"I can get better revenge." Ashfur growled the stars in his fur slowly fading. "I can finish what I started." He unsheathed his claws and sprang on Jayfeather.
"Killing me won't help!" Jayfeather spat.
"True, I only want two cats." Ashfur turned and dashed out of the den.
"We have to stop him!" Lark yowled but before she could chase after Ashfur and black tom stepped into the den.
"Jayfeather, Jayfeather." The tom growled. "Long time no see?"
"Breezepelt." Jayfeather snarled.
Suddenly Pine burst into the den his eyes wide.
"Lark!" He screeched. "Lark, run! he's going to hurt you!"
"Pine?" Lark was puzzled. "I can fight Breezepelt."
"No, Lark, not him." Pine's eyes started to glow red again. "Save me." He whimpered as he unsheathed his claws and sprang at Lark.
"What's happening?" Lark screeched at Jayfeather.
"I-I think the dark forest is controlling them." Jayfeather whispered as Breezepelt growled.
"But how?" Lark asked as Pine cornered her.
"Save me." Breezepelt whimpered the same words as Pine did then he slashed out at Jayfeather.
"I-I don't know." Jayfeather tried to duck but didn't in time and got a blow to the cheek.
"Make it end!" Pine yowled as he turned and dashed out of the den.
Breezepelt followed him yowling to the sky. Jayfeather stumbled up his jaw dripping blood as he limped toward Lark.
"What do we do?" Lark asked him.
Jayfeather hung his head down. "Maybe there's nothing we can do." He coughed. "Maybe they win."
"No," Lark snapped. "We can't give up. We have to stop who or what is controlling them."
Jayfeather shook his head and limped to his nest. "Just stop." He growled.
"But we have to stop them or-" She was cut off as her gaze met Jayfeather's glowing red eyes. "J-Jayfeather?"
"Give it up." He growled. "You can't stop us."
Lark slowly backed away then dashed out of the den. "Help!" She shrieked. "Lionblaze, Dovewing, someone!"
She stopped as Dovewing crashed into her.
"Ivypool's lost it!" Dovewing said. "So has foxleap and so many others!"
"Someone's controlling them." Lark said. "Jayfeather has been taken over too."
"What do we do?" Dovewing whimpered.

Chapter: 11 (Just to let some of you readers know this chapter has some spoilers for the forgotten warrior)

Lark sat with Dovewing in Firestar's den with Lionblaze and Hollyleaf.
"Oh, I hope Jayfeather is ok." Hollyleaf whimpered.
"Me too." Lionblaze said.
"What do we do?" Dovewing looked at Lark as if she thought Lark knew.
"I-I don't know." Lark said. "All I know is that if you get clawed by the ones that are being controlled then you become controlled."
"We have to figure out a way to stop them without hurting the cats." Lionblaze said thoughtfully.
"Maybe we can get the cats to fight themselfs." Hollyleaf said. "Lark said Pine and Breezepelt were pleading for help so maybe we can get them to fight themselfs."
"Good idea." Lark said. "But we have to be careful. I'll get Pine."
"I'll get Breezepelt." Lionblaze said. "Even though I'd like to see him die."
"I'll get Ivypool." Dovewing said.
"And I'll get Jayfeather." Hollyleaf said.
They all ran off to find the cats. Lark spotted Pine wandering around the fighting cats his eyes amber again. "Help!" He yowled. "Please!"
Lark dashed up to him. "Pine you're ok!"
"No," Pine said. "I'm not Pine anymore." He hung his head down. "I feel like some kind of monster."
"I can help you." Lark said.
"How?" Pine didn't seem to have any faith left.
"Fight it." Lark said. "You are the forth and I know you can do it."
Pine whimpered and unsheathed his claws. "Run!" He shrieked as his eyes glowed red once more. "Save yourself!"
Lark stood were she was as Pine let out whimpers and growled and hissed. "Get out of me!" Pine growled. "Never! You're mine!"
Lark watched as Pine fell to the ground whimpering. "Leave. Me. Alone!" He yowled and his eyes turned into a glowing amber than fade to a plain amber.
"Pine?" Lark said.
Before Lark could answer Lionblaze came dashing up to them.
"It's Jayfeather." Lionblaze was gasping for air. "You have to follow me." He turned and dashed off toward the medicine cat den Lark and Pine followed him.
Inside Jayfeather was pinned down by Hollyleaf.
"Jayfeather." Pine gasped.
Jayfeather was growling and hissing his eyes a bright glowing red. "Let me go!"
"Jayfeather," Hollyleaf said. "Listen to me, you have to fight it!"
"I did." Pine said padding up to Jayfeather. "There is hope."
"W-What's it like bring controlled?" Lionblaze asked Pine. "Is something hurting him?"
"It's hard to explain." Pine said. "Being in a dark cold place, hearing and seeing you friends scream out to you. You try to move your body, get control but it's just to powerful."
"What's powerful?" Lark asked.
"I don't know what it is that's doing this." Pine said. "All I know is that Jayfeather has to find his inner strength before it's to late."
Jayfeather slashed out at Hollyleaf's jaw.
"No!" Pine screeched. "Don't let him wound her or she'll become controlled too!"
Jayfeather slashed out again his claws an inch away from Hollyleaf's throat.
"Let him go!" Pine yowled.
Hollyleaf pinned Jayfeather down tighter rather then let him go. Jayfeather's eyes glowed a brighter red as he kicked Hollyleaf off. Hollyleaf sprang up only to meet Jayfeather's claws as they sliced at her.
"No!" Lionblaze was about to attack Jayfeather when Pine held him back.
"It's to late." Pine said as Hollyleaf fell onto her side. "To late."
Hollyleaf closed her eyes whimpering, "Lionblaze..." She laid still for a few minutes then her eyes opened and they were glowing red.
Lionblaze struggled to get to his sister but Pine held him back. Hollyleaf growled then dashed out of the den leaving the three cats standing alone in the cold den. Jayfeather slowly stumbled up his eyes a dull red.
"After you make someone else controlled you become very weak." Pine said.
Dovewing burst in with Ivypool and Breezepelt. "We're back." Dovewing meowed to Lionblaze.
"Did you save anyone else?" Lionblaze asked.
"We couldn't tell who was being controlled and who wasn't." Dovewing said. "They're all fighting, and they're moving to fast for us to see their eyes."
A gentle breeze ruffled the cats pelts and the sky grew darker as they sat in the den in silence. For what felt like moons Lark sat next to Pine in silence the screeches and yowls filled the air from outside. They had lost hope. Starclan had lost hope, the clans had lost hope, the cats had lost hope. What could they do but sit there in the cold den? The thought of sitting in the den awaiting their death made Lark angry.
"We can't give up!" Lark spat.
"What else can we do?" Lionblaze growled. "Tell me, Lark, what can we do?"
"I-I don't know." Lark looked at her paws. "If you could just give me some time I could-"
"We don't have time." Lionblaze spat. "Half of all the clans are dead or being controlled."
"Maybe we should leave." Breezepelt said.
"And go where?" Pine asked.
"Somewhere far away from these creatures." Breezepelt said. "Like where Lark and Pine live."
"But-" Lark was cut off as Lionblaze spoke.
"There's nothing else we can do." Lionblaze said. "Lark, go see if you can get Graystripe and a few other cats that might be ok and get them to come here."
Lark didn't feel like speaking anymore she padded out of the den in search of cats.

Chapter: 12

Time passed and the cats made it through the fighting cats and headed out staying in the bushes just to be safe. Lark had gotten Graystripe, Leafpool, Millie and her kits and Brambleclaw to come. The cats had agreed to find a few other cats from other clans so they can try to rebuild the clans in the mountains. It would be hard but when they get the clans and tribe back together Lark said she would leave to go to the stars. They had already gotten a few cats from other clans so far they had Crowfeather, Mistystar and Tigerheart and Dawnpelt. Mistystar only agreed to go with them because Riverclan was already gone. Jayfeather had turned back into his normal self. Dovewing had begged to take her and Ivypool's father but Birchfall was already being controlled. Lark lead the way along the side of the thunderpath the cats right behind her. Graystripe kept on glance back toward thunderclan.
"I know you're worried about Firestar," Jayfeather said. "But it's to late. We have to move on."
No one really did want to leave. Lionblaze and Jayfeather grieved for Hollyleaf, Leafpool for her sister and Hollyleaf, Dovewing and Ivypool for their parents, and everyone for their clans. Lark felt a sting of envy knowing that Graystripe had his whole family coming with him. He was carring Briarlight while Millie followed him with Blossomfall and Bumblestripe right behind her. Lark missed her mother and father. But then she remembered that Graystripe was missing something, his son, Stormfur. Lark also remembered that he was kin to her and so was his family and she still had Pine. She felt more better as she thought about her family.
"Lark!" Lionblaze's yowl broke Lark out of her deep thoughts. "What are you doing?"
Lark was at the very edge of the thunderpath. She jumped back.
"Just because you can't be crushes by a monster doesn't mean we can't." Jayfeather yowled to her above the sounds of the monsters zooming by. Days passed as they traveled on and on growing weak. Soon they stumbled upon a old cave. Lark's eyes lit up as she exchanged a glance with Pine.
"We did it." Lark said.
Lionblaze smiled faintly as Lark lead them into the cave. Lark sighed as she remembered the tribe and how she never had the chance to be a real tribe cat. Suddenly she remembered Stormfur, Crag the rouges, everything was coming back to her. Her death, Pine's discovery and so much more. Lark was frozen to her spot as the memories flooded over her.
"Stormfur." Grief swelled her throat as she spoke his name. "Do you think he's ok? We left him here all alone with Crag and the rouges."
Guilt flooded over her.
"I-It's all over." She choked out. "The clans, the tribe it's all gone."
"We'll remake the clans." Lionblaze said.
"But not the tribe." Lark said.
"Lark..." Lionblaze tried to comfort her but it was no use.
"I-It's fine." Lark lied. "So better start thinking this whole 'we're going to remake the clans' thing."
"We'll need to find a way to get to Starclan so I can become Bramblestar." Brambleclaw said. "What should our clan name be?"
"Fadingclan." Lark said.
"Maybe." Brambleclaw said. "Right now lets just get some rest. Pine will you show be Stoneteller's old den?"
"Sure." Pine lead Brambleclaw away.
"So...Where do we sleep?" Ivypool asked.
"Over there." Lark pointed her tail toward a small cave.
"It'll be ok." Lionblaze said.
"But the clans are vanishing and the tribe is already gone." Lark said.
"There is one clan and that is Fadingclan." Crowfeather said. "The other clans are gone. We have to move on and let the old clans fade away like Skyclan."
"We won't forget them." Lionblaze growled. "Or the cats but Crowfeather is right Fadingclan must be built with hope and faith rather then grief and fear."

Chapter: 13

Lark laid in her moss nest moons later. Bramblestar had gotten to speak with The Tribe of Endlesss Hunting who lead him to Starclan. Lionblaze became his deputy and Fadingclan became a clan. Lark was given the name Larkfeather and Pine was given the name Pinefur. Larkfeather sighed the clan was built and the tribe was forever gone. Larkfeather knew she had to go to the stars now. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. When she opened them she stood in Starclan. A light brown she-cat padded up to her.
"Larkfeather." She smiled.
"Brook." Larkfeather purred.
"You can't stay here." Brook said with a hint of grief. "You have to become a true clan cat."
"What?" Larkfeather was puzzled.
Brook padded up to Larkfeaher and touched noses with her. "By the powers of Starclan and The Tribe of Endless Hunting I send you down to earth once more to be a cat."
Pain shocked through Larkfeather as feeling came back into her body. She gasped for air as she felt her heartbeat and her blood pulse. Brook stepped back and smiled faintly. "Good luck, Larkfeather." Then she turned and padded off.
Larkfeather opened her eyes to be in her nest. It was soft and the air was cold. She had feeling! She smiled and laid her head on her paws. "Thanks, Brook." She slowly closed her eyes and drifted into sleep. Sweet, sweet sleep.

Last edited by Brambleheart5 on January 12th 2012, 13:18; edited 1 time in total
Brambleheart5
Brambleheart5
Loner

Custom Rank : Undercover Ninja Kit
WarriorPoints : 4532
Female Posts : 47

Back to top Go down

What if Snowkit Lived? #3 The Destiny  Empty Re: What if Snowkit Lived? #3 The Destiny

Post by Honeystar January 11th 2012, 14:43

Wow!! I got a lot of catching up to do here. Nice to see you again Brambleheart.
Honeystar
Honeystar
WindClan Warrior
WindClan Warrior

Custom Rank : The Sweetest Leader
WarriorPoints : 10450
Male Posts : 2451

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 25,000

Back to top Go down

What if Snowkit Lived? #3 The Destiny  Empty Re: What if Snowkit Lived? #3 The Destiny

Post by Auburnflare January 11th 2012, 17:10

I haven`t had time to finish it, but it`s good so far. [Lol, Tiger and her favorite name is Brooke.... creepy]
Auburnflare
Auburnflare
Loner

Custom Rank : Sexy Vampire cow
WarriorPoints : 14222
Male Posts : 1707

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 20,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraway January 11th 2012, 21:20

it might be good to put your story into chapters, and into spoilers maybe? that way you can conserve space and create a more intense atmosphere when a chapter ends on a mysterious note. Razz love the story so far. keep writing!
Caraway
Caraway
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Custom Rank : Behind the Mask
WarriorPoints : 33823
Female Posts : 5555

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 150,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Brambleheart5 January 12th 2012, 13:16

@Honeystar: Nice to see you again too. Smile

@Fang: Thanks. Smile

@CheeseStar: Yeah, I know but I don't really add anything to it on here and I to half the chapter and post it than finish it later. I'll be posting book four soon so I'll do it then. Smile
Brambleheart5
Brambleheart5
Loner

Custom Rank : Undercover Ninja Kit
WarriorPoints : 4532
Female Posts : 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down