Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

Was ThunderClan favorited in the books? Banner10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

Was ThunderClan favorited in the books? Banner10

Warrior Cats Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Was ThunderClan favorited in the books?

+11
SkyStar
Mossfoot
Lunarlight
Moon
*Trunks_the_Saiyan~
Wolfsong
Silver
Honeystar
Frost
Stareye
Nyx
15 posters

Go down

Was ThunderClan favorited in the books?

Was ThunderClan favorited in the books? Vote_lcap23%Was ThunderClan favorited in the books? Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 7 ]
Was ThunderClan favorited in the books? Vote_lcap77%Was ThunderClan favorited in the books? Vote_rcap 77% 
[ 23 ]

Total Votes : 30

Poll closed

Was ThunderClan favorited in the books? Empty Was ThunderClan favorited in the books?

Post by Guest September 26th 2011, 16:35

Was ThunderClan "favorited" in the books? Were the Erins biased and liked ThunderClan more? What is your view on this?

Back to top Go down

Was ThunderClan favorited in the books? Empty Re: Was ThunderClan favorited in the books?

Post by Nyx September 26th 2011, 16:48

Yes. They made ThunderClan win almost every battle. And they were all noble and wise. Great Firestar makes ThunderClan awesome. The all-powerful Three is also in ThunderClan. ThunderClan also has the least members in the Dark Forest.
Nyx
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Custom Rank : 2bright4u
WarriorPoints : 38652
Female Posts : 6814

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 150,000

Back to top Go down

Was ThunderClan favorited in the books? Empty Re: Was ThunderClan favorited in the books?

Post by Stareye September 26th 2011, 17:52

Not to forget that in BP and CP, there were twoalmost identical scenes. In Bluestar's Prophecy, Leopardfoot had a difficult delivery, but she survived and so did her kits, but they were very weak. Two out of three kits died. In Crookedstar's Promise,
Spoiler:
So who gets the happier ending? ThunderClan.
And I think this bias is most obvious in Secrets of The Clans. On ThunderClan's page, it says, "In peace, respectful of other Clans. In battle, fierce, courageous, and loyal. ThunderClan cats speak out for what is right and are not afriad to challenge the warrior code."
Not ONE negative quality metioned. Many people make the arguement that the clans favour their own clan among the others, but then why are the Erin's, who are currently writing out of character, still telling the reader how great ThunderClan is?
The other clans, however...
WindClan: Firecly loyal, tough, fast running and easily offended cats. They are nervous and quick to flee..." That two negative qualities.
RiverClan: "Contended,sleek, well fed. Long fur and glossy coats. They love beautiful things and often collect rocks, shells, and feathers for their dens. They do not fear water." Hm.. notice how they don't actully talk about thier character that much...
ShadowClan: "Battle hungry, aggressive, ambitious, and grredy for territory. It is said that the cold wind that blows across ShadowClan territory chills their hearts and makes them suspicous and untrusting." The typical Warriors portrayal of ShadowClan; not one good thing to say about them.
This right here is the blackbox for favouritism of ThunderClan.
Stareye
Stareye
Reviewer
Reviewer

Custom Rank : Wannabe Storyteller
WarriorPoints : 6286
Female Posts : 598

Warrior Information
Attack Power : N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 27th 2011, 22:58

Brightstar wrote:Yes. They made ThunderClan win almost every battle. And they were all noble and wise. Great Firestar makes ThunderClan awesome. The all-powerful Three is also in ThunderClan. ThunderClan also has the least members in the Dark Forest.
Absolutely! They make them seem SO awesome! And they make all the other clans sound bad! And Thunderclan is ALWAYS right! I TOTALLY agree with Brightstar! (Sorry if I offended any Thunderclan cats.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost September 28th 2011, 06:20

Yeah ThunderClan is always favourited...
Frost
Frost
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Custom Rank : Fab
WarriorPoints : 25634
Female Posts : 4113

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 100,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeystar September 28th 2011, 11:02

Also In Bluestar's Prophecy, ThunderClan has the most warriors listed in the Allegiance page. It's so obvious even Jayfeather could notice it.
Honeystar
Honeystar
WindClan Warrior
WindClan Warrior

Custom Rank : The Sweetest Leader
WarriorPoints : 10435
Male Posts : 2451

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 25,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 1st 2011, 10:19

Uh. I guess so... But ThunderClan here is awesome. Right, Monkey?

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver October 1st 2011, 10:20

Honeystar wrote:Also In Bluestar's Prophecy, ThunderClan has the most warriors listed in the Allegiance page. It's so obvious even Jayfeather could notice it.
Its not that ThunderClan was favored, its that ThunderClan is the MAIN clan.
Silver
Silver
Loner

Custom Rank : Beyblading cat~
WarriorPoints : 5074
Female Posts : 567

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfsong October 1st 2011, 10:53

ThunderClan= Gryphondor
ShadowClan= Slytheryn
RiverClan= RavenClaw
WindClan= Hufflepuff
That's the way I see it when you think about it.
Wolfsong
Wolfsong
Loner

Custom Rank : The wolfiest cat eva
WarriorPoints : 4513
Male Posts : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by *Trunks_the_Saiyan~ October 1st 2011, 11:12

Yeah ThunderClan is the main Clan in all the books. I was very dissapointed that Erin Hunter would only write from ThunderClan's point of view when I was new to the series. Plus out of all the first leaders, she described Thunderstar as "The most strongest, bravest, handsomest of them all," ect
*Trunks_the_Saiyan~
*Trunks_the_Saiyan~
Loner

Custom Rank : Royal Ninja
WarriorPoints : 4727
Male Posts : 87

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx October 1st 2011, 11:31

ThunderClan is the main Clan because its favorited. The Erins are always talking about how noble and strong they are.
Nyx
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon December 4th 2011, 22:59

Yeah...
ThunderClan always wins the battles-even if they didn't (which I think never happened), they still gain an advantage. ThunderClan is obviously favourited, as it's the main clan in the main series...
Moon
Moon
Loner

Custom Rank : Apprentice
WarriorPoints : 4504
Female Posts : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunarlight December 5th 2011, 06:30

Did you now Erin doesnt like Firestar Crying or Very sad .
Lunarlight
Lunarlight
Loner

Custom Rank : FINE BULLY ME
WarriorPoints : 8765
Male Posts : 1287

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Mossfoot December 5th 2011, 15:59

Yes we all know Riversplash
Mossfoot
Mossfoot
ShadowClan Warrior
ShadowClan Warrior

Custom Rank : Angel of the shadows
WarriorPoints : 7090
Female Posts : 695

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 15,000

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar December 5th 2011, 16:31

It is favorited because they were the clan at the begging and they got the kittypet (bluh Sick )
SkyStar
SkyStar
Loner

Custom Rank : In Love
WarriorPoints : 8614
Female Posts : 1997

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 9900

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawktalon December 11th 2011, 15:46

Thunderclan is the best clan Eva!!! (My opinion)
Hawktalon
Hawktalon
Loner

Custom Rank : pure epicness :D
WarriorPoints : 4446
Female Posts : 49

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett December 11th 2011, 16:13

I'd have to say that Erin does perfer Thunderclan. As it has already been stated (many times) all of here books are told from Thunderclan's point of view. They're always the "noble" cats and all of the other clans are described not from the eyes of the auther but they are implied by the way Thunderclan tells the stories. Most of which are revealed through their thoughts about the other clans and the way they speak about their own. This is all just a way of them justifying all of the battles between each of the clans and also influencing your opinion on who should win each fight and who the alliances should be between.

I also think that the first 6 books were told from Thunderclan's point of view strictly due to circumstance. When Rusty (Fireheart and later Firestar joined Thunderclan there had to be a clan that was always to be viewed as the "heros" of the story and there was also a clan that was always needed to play the "villian" role to balance and forward the story. When Tigerclaw was born into Thunderclan but became the power hungry ruler he was exiled and instead took over Shadowclan as a dictator type character. Which was basically Erin saying you are evil so you will be placed in an evil clan since we all hate the evil cats. Again this just proves that she was trying in influence the way we though about each clan and by adding the more hated characters to one clan when the fight between the "noble" Thunderclan and the "evil" Shadowclan occured she was able to please a larger portion of her readers by making Thunderclan the victors dispite all the hardships faced in the series.
Scarlett
Scarlett
IceClan Leader
IceClan Leader

Custom Rank : The Immortal
WarriorPoints : 433500
Female Posts : 3168

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 300,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallownose December 11th 2011, 16:26

I agree but Thunderclan will always come second to my love for Windclan! I think the Erins do prefer Thunderclan but I wish they'd judge all clans equaly because every clan is evil at a time and every clan is awesome at time!
Mallownose
Mallownose
RiverClan Warrior
RiverClan Warrior

Custom Rank : bootyful
WarriorPoints : 4801
Male Posts : 128

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraway December 11th 2011, 16:30

well, it would've been RiverClan is Firepaw was in RiverClan. same for ShadowClan. but they needed a protagonist (ThunderClan) an antagonist (ShadowClan) a catalyst (RiverClan/WindClan) and an extra Clan to make it an even number, just in case they needed allegiances (RiverClan/WindClan). Also, they needed a "weak" Clan. i guess they chose those for the names they gave the Clans. WindClan on the site is strongest though
Caraway
Caraway
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Custom Rank : Behind the Mask
WarriorPoints : 33808
Female Posts : 5555

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett December 11th 2011, 16:34

Lol that's basically what I just said. It was purely circumstance and convenience and the rest evolved from there. I'm glad you agree though Cheesestar. Smile
Scarlett
Scarlett
IceClan Leader
IceClan Leader

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraway December 11th 2011, 16:36

oh sorry i just don't really read, so yeah... i just post. Sweat i said something similar on the ShadowClan topic... just thought i'd repeat it. whoops.
Caraway
Caraway
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett December 11th 2011, 16:42

Haha I understand. It's not a problem. I'm glad that people agree with me and what I said. I had more proof but I figured that would be enough.

(Lol so I find it funny that you didn't read the long post when you mentioned not liking all of the short RP posts people make.) Wave
Scarlett
Scarlett
IceClan Leader
IceClan Leader

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraway December 11th 2011, 16:44

oh... in RP's i read posts cuz i need to know what's going on and such. in other topics, i feel a little more careless; i'm not a reader type person. yours was one of the longest posts i ever saw. o.o you talk in really sophisticated language too.
Caraway
Caraway
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx December 11th 2011, 16:48

So true, Snow! The Erins all hate ShadowClan for some reason and make Windclan look weak.
Nyx
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett December 11th 2011, 16:51

@Cheesestar: Lol I understand. It's a bit frustrating in the RPs when there are only short posts because it doesn't leave much to go off of and forwarding the story is hard to do when that happens. I think all of my posts in this forum are long now. I just say what I feel needs to be said but then to me it all feels pretty repetative. Lol I don't think that' my longest post either. Cat Smile If you think that is sophisticated you should see the essays I do. That was me just stating the facts as I see them. I blame my age. I'm getting old. Anyway to keep from spamming this forum let's move this conversation to another more appropriate topic or to the chat box. Wink

@Brightatar: Thanks for the support. I appreciate it. I may continue to just do review type posts here for a while, but I haven't seen a post on this topic saying that anyone disagrees yet. Smile
Scarlett
Scarlett
IceClan Leader
IceClan Leader

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down