Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

OMG, did you feel that earthquake?!?!? Banner10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

OMG, did you feel that earthquake?!?!? Banner10

Warrior Cats Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OMG, did you feel that earthquake?!?!?

+10
Stareye
Fireheart
Skittlestream
Dragonclaw
Caraway
Silver
Hazeldust
Honeystar
Robynwing
Icestar of ShadowClan
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

OMG, did you feel that earthquake?!?!? Empty OMG, did you feel that earthquake?!?!?

Post by Icestar of ShadowClan August 23rd 2011, 13:56

So, there was an Earthquake in Washington D.C, the capital of the USA (since some people are on here from other countries.). And I felt the shock here in PA (Pennsylvania)!!! I was sitting at the table, eating lunch, and everything started shaking for, like, 30 seconds!! Im ok, though. Haha. Post other earthquake stories here!
Icestar of ShadowClan
Icestar of ShadowClan
ShadowClan Warrior
ShadowClan Warrior

WarriorPoints : 4814
Female Posts : 1907

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 75,000

Back to top Go down

OMG, did you feel that earthquake?!?!? Empty Re: OMG, did you feel that earthquake?!?!?

Post by Robynwing August 23rd 2011, 14:48

Yeah I'm in Maryland, and I was in my Japanese class when it happened. I was so freaked out!! The ceiling was breaking up a bit and dust was falling!
Robynwing
Robynwing
RiverClan Warrior
RiverClan Warrior

Custom Rank : Guardian of the loud
WarriorPoints : 4855
Female Posts : 170

Back to top Go down

OMG, did you feel that earthquake?!?!? Empty Re: OMG, did you feel that earthquake?!?!?

Post by Honeystar August 23rd 2011, 15:35

What today?
No. But then again, I'm in Ontario. Apparently on Sunday there was an F3 Tornado that ravaged through the town of Goderich [right along Georgian Bay]. Despite the major destruction, only one person was killed, thankfully.
Honeystar
Honeystar
WindClan Warrior
WindClan Warrior

Custom Rank : The Sweetest Leader
WarriorPoints : 10435
Male Posts : 2451

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 25,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazeldust August 23rd 2011, 16:12

Okay, I live on the 16th floor of my condominium, and I went out to ride my bike with my little sister.

Approximately 5 minutes after we left, we got a call from my mom freaking out because everything was shaking-especially because we're on the second-highest story.

I was so angry because I missed it! The one time something interesting happens, I'm off somewhere else. My mom said it was really scary, the curtains and everything shaking like a strong wind came from somewhere, but all I can say was-I wish I was there. Annoyed

Also, apparently the earthquake was so hard that it reached Toronto, Canada. I live in Vaughan, the city right above Toronto-only about 5 minute drive until we reach Toronto. o.O
Hazeldust
Hazeldust
Loner

Custom Rank : WHAT
WarriorPoints : 9002
Female Posts : 1799

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 12,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver August 23rd 2011, 16:18

i Live in Mass and it was shaking a little affraid i was like why is it SHAKING?!?
Silver
Silver
Loner

Custom Rank : Beyblading cat~
WarriorPoints : 5074
Female Posts : 567

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeystar August 23rd 2011, 16:24

Wow! Really? Shocked
Then I guess the Niagara Escarpment must have kept it from reaching to where I live. I'm in a small rural village [Maryhill] outside of Kitchener-Waterloo [about 2 hrs drive from Toronto].
Honeystar
Honeystar
WindClan Warrior
WindClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazeldust August 23rd 2011, 16:27

I don't think it was really noticeable-unless you're up high like my mom was.

Too bad I wasn't there.

I would've thought it was terrific. Very Happy Well, if I didn't die or anything.
Hazeldust
Hazeldust
Loner

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraway August 23rd 2011, 16:30

i've never felt one before... there was in our area before but i was oblivious (word from Hazeldust) and i didn't feel a thing. so, the next day on the news the people were all like "there was an earthquake yesterday. were you aware?" then all these people (of ALL ages) were like "yes, i felt it." i didn't. o.O
Caraway
Caraway
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Custom Rank : Behind the Mask
WarriorPoints : 33808
Female Posts : 5555

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 150,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonclaw August 23rd 2011, 16:31

Hi,

I'm glad you weren't injured Smile

My current location is in Texas, and I didn't feel anything. But we are far from an active fault and the nearest one is a couple hundred miles south and is not extremely active. However, when I'm in California, it shakes almost everyday - in fact, California is overdue for a major earthquake that drastically alters the landscape every couple hundred years or so.

All states along the Appalachian Mountains should have felt the quake, since they are right on top or near the fault line in the eastern U.S. My guess that the earthquake epicenter was in Washington D.C.

Let's hope there aren't any casualties.
Dragonclaw
Dragonclaw
Administrator
Administrator

Custom Rank : Technical Support
WarriorPoints : 8889
Male Posts : 712

Warrior Information
Attack Power : N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeystar August 23rd 2011, 16:32

Do you remember that earthquake that happened in Quebec around June last year?
Honeystar
Honeystar
WindClan Warrior
WindClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 23rd 2011, 16:35

Honeystar wrote:Do you remember that earthquake that happened in Quebec around June last year?

No, but I do remember the one in Haiti 👅

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeystar August 23rd 2011, 16:39

I doubt anyone here doesn't remember the one in Japan.
Honeystar
Honeystar
WindClan Warrior
WindClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Skittlestream August 23rd 2011, 16:47

lol Once i was gona skootering with my friends and i got home and my mom said i'de missed an earthquake!!! It was funny.
Skittlestream
Skittlestream
Loner

Custom Rank : LORD OF THE SKITTLEZ
WarriorPoints : 10531
Female Posts : 3319

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 9900

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 23rd 2011, 16:56

I live in Oklahoma, so, obviously....... I didn't feel it! It must've been cool, though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fireheart August 25th 2011, 00:15

Icestar, how can you feel it but I cant?! O.o We must live pretty far from one another since you don't know where I live but I know where you live! ^-^
Fireheart
Fireheart
Loner

WarriorPoints : 8445
Male Posts : 1435

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 9500

Back to top Go down

Post by Stareye August 25th 2011, 12:21

I didn't feel anything.. and.. I am not revealing the location of where I live!
Stareye
Stareye
Reviewer
Reviewer

Custom Rank : Wannabe Storyteller
WarriorPoints : 6286
Female Posts : 598

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainfeather August 25th 2011, 15:16

Well I was on here last nite and my fatha was watching this boring news show called Rachel something and she said that the animals in the D.C. zoo reacted to it. Like the flamingos huddled together and these nocturnal snakes came out in the day and started wiggling around.
Rainfeather
Rainfeather
Loner

Custom Rank : Peachy Keen!
WarriorPoints : 8285
Female Posts : 826

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 15,000

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar August 25th 2011, 18:52

That is so weird and I didn't feel the earthquake
SkyStar
SkyStar
Loner

Custom Rank : In Love
WarriorPoints : 8614
Female Posts : 1997

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 9900

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazeldust August 25th 2011, 19:05

Rainfeather-yeah, I saw a news report on that too. *Kind of disappointed because animals seemed a lot smarter at the moment.*

The earthquake was in D.C., reached all the way to Toronto.
Hazeldust
Hazeldust
Loner

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainfeather August 25th 2011, 20:49

WHoa really? Wait wheres Toronto Embarassed
Rainfeather
Rainfeather
Loner

Custom Rank : Peachy Keen!
WarriorPoints : 8285
Female Posts : 826

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 15,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Stareye August 26th 2011, 15:05

Toronto is the captial of Ottowa, a province in Canada.
Stareye
Stareye
Reviewer
Reviewer

Custom Rank : Wannabe Storyteller
WarriorPoints : 6286
Female Posts : 598

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Fireheart August 27th 2011, 03:32

A Hurricane is now coming close to where I live...this is going to be scary...O.o
Fireheart
Fireheart
Loner

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Icestar of ShadowClan August 27th 2011, 08:12

Fireheart, shut up. Its not acually going to hit us. We might get some extra rain, but thats it. Everyone is making a big deal out of nothing. And I know where you live. You live by the Target Cat Tongue
Icestar of ShadowClan
Icestar of ShadowClan
ShadowClan Warrior
ShadowClan Warrior

WarriorPoints : 4814
Female Posts : 1907

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 75,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeystar August 27th 2011, 08:16

Stareye wrote:Toronto is the captial of Ottowa, a province in Canada.

Uhh Stareye, Toronto is the Provincial capital of Ontario.
Ottawa is the nation's Capital.
Honeystar
Honeystar
WindClan Warrior
WindClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Fireheart August 27th 2011, 16:32

Iceshadow wrote:Fireheart, shut up. Its not acually going to hit us. We might get some extra rain, but thats it. Everyone is making a big deal out of nothing. And I know where you live. You live by the Target Cat Tongue

Hey, but its still close to us! My mom is making a HUGE deal out of it, thats why I couldn't come to the party today. Crying She made us move ALL the furniture from outside, in the house, then get BIG things of water prepared and flash lights in case the electricity goes out and if it does, I wont be able to come online for sometime O.o Anyways, today has been a busy day for me getting prepared for the hurricane Wink
Fireheart
Fireheart
Loner

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next