Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

WindClan Contributes: Landmarks  Banner10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

WindClan Contributes: Landmarks  Banner10

Warrior Cats Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WindClan Contributes: Landmarks

+4
Caraway
Scarlett
Ren
Birdstar
8 posters

Go down

WindClan Contributes: Landmarks  Empty WindClan Contributes: Landmarks

Post by Birdstar January 25th 2013, 16:27

Hello WindClanners! ^.^ So I would like to do some updates for the clan and I would love if the whole clan contributes! Also, I will be creating a Clan Sheet in the future and there will be MANY more updates to come so stay tuned! Wink If you have any questions or ideas please feel free to PM me. Now onto Landmarks.

♦️ Outlook Hill- A large hill that is very steep in the front, Outlook Hill is perfect for spotting prey or invaders since the invaders can't see you. Sitting on Outlook Hill, you can see the treetops in ThunderClan and the winding streams in RiverClan. You can see almost any cat on the moors sitting on top of this landmark.
Spoiler:

♦️ Wind Willow- A great, old, willow tree that slightly leans over the RiverClan border. The tips of its leaves just barely touch the gentle stream. During New-Leaf, vibrant pink blossoms bloom and it's a beautiful sight. Named after the founder, Wind, Wind Willow is a great place for spiritual purposes. It is also sometimes used as a nice meeting place for the medicine cats and a great source of herbs because of the fertile soil beside the stream.
Spoiler:

♦️ The Moss Cavern- A small, worn, smooth, narrow-entranced cave carved in the moor. A plethora of moss grows in it making it the perfect spot for finding moss for a nest. The Cavern is also close by camp so it is easy and convenient to gain access to. It is also a great place for storage.
Spoiler:

♦️ The Hollow Tree- A large, hollow, tree trunk near the ThunderClan border. The inside is large enough for about three cats and is used for numerous purposes. First, it is another good source of moss but is less convenient. Second, it is used for storing prey. Third, it is also good for trapping prey. And finally it is a perfect spot for tunneling. The tunnels each connect to other clan's territories and some of the WindClan landmarks (But not all the landmarks) The tunnels also connects straight back to camp for a safe and fast way to travel. Also there are claw marks and paw prints on the stone which are almost like directions to which territory and landmark. The Hollow Tree is the perfect place for training the apprentices to learn tunneling.
Spoiler:

♦️ Twoleg Barn- An old, but large and sturdy, dull red twoleg barn which is abundant of hay and mice. Pebble, a pale gray she cat with darker speckles, and Chill, a large and muscular pure white tom with ice blue eyes, both live in the barn together. WindClan cats sometimes go to the barn to hunt so the two are used to seeing clan cats and the clan and the barn cats are good friends. Overall, the barn is a great place for shelter and to hunt.
Spoiler:

♦️ Training Stream- A small winding stream that runs through the territory. Surrounding the stream is one of the flattest and softest part of the territory which is perfect for training. Many mentors and apprentices come here to do battle training and to learn how to fight and be careful of your surroundings. Mentors use the stream as training as well. For example, during battle training an apprentice needs to know where the stream is at all times so they don't slip and fall into the stream. Although for safety, the Training Stream is extremely shallow and the water is just barely pass your paws.
Spoiler:

♦️ The Abandoned Badger Den- It is an old badger den that is now abandoned. The scent of badger still lingers so prey all avoid that area. At first glance there isn't anything special about it, but at the back of then, shielded by crawling ivy, is a crack in the wall. It leads directly to the tunnels below, to the center of the area where almost all tunnels end up. It is used for quick access to the center cave in the tunnels; a favorite hiding place of apprentices for hide-and-seek. It is quite spacious and has all kinds of nooks and crannies in the back.
Idea contributed by Sagedapple
Spoiler:

♦️ Cave Streams- A beautiful small waterfall in a stream that cats can wade in. There is also a cave inside the rocks and boulders. It is used for hiding, shelter and for fun! In Leaf-bare it is freezing but the frost looks very cool and beautiful.
Idea contributed by Gingerlion
Spoiler:

♦️ Twoleg Tree Den- This treehouse is quite amazing. It has two buildings and is actually in two trees. On one side, there is a ladder and slide as well as a Castle like two story building. A bridge with netting connects to the other side which has two perches and a rock climbing wall. Most mentors make young apprentices climb on of the trees before they are allowed to use the ladder or climbing wall. The Twolegs never use it anymore, so it's safe aside from the occasional loner or kittypet. Used for taunting Kittypets and Twolegs, playing, and learning to climb.
Idea contributed by Lightningstorm
Spoiler:

Now you can contribute! Please use this form:
Code:
[b]Name of Landmark:[/b]
[b]Description:[/b]
[b]Mostly used for:[/b]
[b]Picture:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]

Credits:
Credit to Phantom for the Landmark idea! 8D
Credit for Dawnstorm as well! She came up with the first four landmarks and I couldn't have done it without her! Very Happy
Credit to Snowlily for the ideas and corrections! :3

Thanks so much for reading and I can't wait to see your guy's ideas and please make sure that they are realistic! ^.^ Lets make WindClan amazing!

Last edited by Birdflight on February 8th 2013, 22:57; edited 4 times in total
Birdstar
Birdstar
WindClan Warrior
WindClan Warrior

Custom Rank : 2 Birdyful 4 U
WarriorPoints : 7839
Female Posts : 2125

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 42,000

Back to top Go down

WindClan Contributes: Landmarks  Empty Re: WindClan Contributes: Landmarks

Post by Ren January 25th 2013, 16:56

I like these, Birdflight!

But em, I think someone deserves some credit WindClan Contributes: Landmarks  885857 Lol

Anyway, you found better pictures then I would ever XD
Ren
Ren
Loner

Custom Rank : Ҏartaӳ (;
WarriorPoints : 4430
Female Posts : 1306

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 50,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 25th 2013, 17:23

Name of Landmark: The Abandoned Badger Den
Description: It is an old badger den that is now abandoned. The scent of badger still lingers so prey all avoid that area. At first glance there isn't anything special about it, but at the back of then, shielded by crawling ivy, is a crack in the wall. It leads directly to the tunnels below, to the center of the area where almost all tunnels end up.
Mostly used for: Quick access to the center cave in the tunnels; a favorite hiding place of apprentices for hide-and-seek. It is quite spacious and has all kinds of crooks and crannies in the back.
Picture:
Spoiler:
Other: Located near the ThunderClan border.

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdstar January 25th 2013, 18:00

Accepted the Landmark and added it to the list! Thank you Sagedapple! Smile Btw I really like it, the picture suits the description ^.^
Birdstar
Birdstar
WindClan Warrior
WindClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett January 26th 2013, 02:18

This is really good, Birdflight. Similar to what I have be doing with shadowclan and that should be up soon. I think there are a few typos though. You might just re-read through it. The one that stood out most was under the hollow tree where you started talking about tunnels?

"The tunnels also connect straight back to camp for a safe and fast way to camp."

I assume you meant to put fast way to travel? And under Wind willow you put:

"During New-Leaf, beautiful pink blossoms bloom and it's a beautiful sight."

You might change one of those "beautiful's" to something else? I might suggest changing the first one to something like vibrant.

Under the abandoned badgers den you put "It is quite spacious and has all kinds of crooks and crannies in the back." Crooks actually means something very different than what you were trying to say. The expression is actually "nooks and crannies" though maybe this was auto correct?

Now as for an idea, I noticed one glaring difference between the things you were naming for landmarks and one of the biggest things that makes Windclan unique and distinguishable from other clans. In case you don't remember what that is, they have the greatest knowledge of the two legs!!! That's really important seeing as they live in such close proximity to the farms. None of the other clans can match what the Windclan's know about the two legs because the other clans don't live so close to them. I would definitely add something about the farms there and also add something about how windclan cats are able to spy on the two legs. And please don't say tunnels, 1) two legs don't live underground typically (no sass about basements) and 2)you're on the brink of overusing the whole tunnels thing and you tend to get just a little off topic when you start talking about a landmark and switch to talking about the tunnels leading to them or where the landmark is in relation to the tunnel instead.

Overall, I really like this. Hope you take these ideas into consideration even if I'm not in windclan. Good luck and when your finished you should ask Dragonclan make it a sticky note in the Windclan section of the RPG's.
Scarlett
Scarlett
IceClan Leader
IceClan Leader

Custom Rank : The Immortal
WarriorPoints : 433521
Female Posts : 3168

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 300,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraway January 26th 2013, 08:53

Cool Very Happy I like the willow a lot. It looks fun to do. I'll probably make one in the future, too ^-^ It was a great idea, Fanta.

Would you like me to make it a sticky? I've recently learned how from a more experienced person Razz
Caraway
Caraway
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Custom Rank : Behind the Mask
WarriorPoints : 33829
Female Posts : 5555

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 150,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Ren January 26th 2013, 09:01

Cheese, I don't think we need to make it a sticky because we need people to contribute and we know not everyone can PM Wink But anyway I'm trying to think of more ideas for this
Ren
Ren
Loner

Custom Rank : Ҏartaӳ (;
WarriorPoints : 4430
Female Posts : 1306

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 50,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost January 26th 2013, 09:06

Willow trees seem to be the most popular of the other vegetation Razz
Thanks Chez, being organized and creative are what I'm good at :DD

In fact, maybe we should suggest this to the other Clans so that they can plan out their territory with greater detail.
Frost
Frost
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Custom Rank : Fab
WarriorPoints : 25655
Female Posts : 4113

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 100,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraway January 26th 2013, 10:25

DawnStorm wrote:Cheese, I don't think we need to make it a sticky because we need people to contribute and we know not everyone can PM Wink But anyway I'm trying to think of more ideas for this

It was originally Snowlily's suggestion for a sticky, which would be useful. When a topic becomes a sticky, it doesn't get locked. That's optional. Making it a sticky just means that it won't get pushed down by more recent topics. You can still post on it Wink

And that would be cool to have one for each Clan, Fanta :O
Caraway
Caraway
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Custom Rank : Behind the Mask
WarriorPoints : 33829
Female Posts : 5555

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdstar January 26th 2013, 10:47

Cheese will you please make this a sticky? As you said I don't want this topic to be pushed down by recent topics and in the future and for roleplaying purposes we will need to look back at the landmarks. Making it a sticky will be much more convenient and it will be easier to find. We can lock this topic once we are certain we have all of our landmarks.
Snowlily, thank you so much for the corrections and ideas! Smile I really appreciate it!! I'm on my phone and I'll be really busy today so I'll edit things later tonight or tomorrow!
Thanks for everything guys! Very Happy
Birdstar
Birdstar
WindClan Warrior
WindClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingerlion January 26th 2013, 11:04

Name of Landmark: Cave Streams
Description: Beatiful small waterfall, cats can wade in. There is a cave insidse the rocks.
Mostly used for: Hidng, sheter, for fun Very Happy
Picture:http://www.google.com/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_pgQhC4kXLns/TBRmVXC5QFI/AAAAAAAAC0c/efxZ4z3aaWQ/s1600/East+Webber+Trail+057.JPG&sa=X&ei=QAwEUdKOI5Hy0wHKz4GIDA&ved=0CAwQ8wc4Ow&usg=AFQjCNGmMLlMBcQVPLZ2tmucMiolok8bkA
Other: Its really cold in winter, but the frost looks cool.
Gingerlion
Gingerlion
ShadowClan Warrior
ShadowClan Warrior

Custom Rank : internet princess
WarriorPoints : 5705
Female Posts : 259

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 15,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx January 26th 2013, 15:07

Isn't RiverClan also pretty close to the Twolegplace? I remember in the books that RiverClan had to widen the streams between their camp and the farm to prevent Twolegs from crossing over. ShadowClan should also have their fair share on its knowledge on Twolegs because of its nest on their territory. Twolegs also come to the clearing in ThunderClan's territory during greenleaf. Just wanted to point that out. Razz

Putting out landmarks is a great idea! Not only would it clear things up for your Clan's territory, but it'll prove useful in RPGs. App, Phanny, you guys don't mind if I use the idea too? ^-^
Nyx
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Custom Rank : 2bright4u
WarriorPoints : 38673
Female Posts : 6814

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett January 26th 2013, 16:30

Brightstar wrote:Isn't RiverClan also pretty close to the Twolegplace? I remember in the books that RiverClan had to widen the streams between their camp and the farm to prevent Twolegs from crossing over. ShadowClan should also have their fair share on its knowledge on Twolegs because of its nest on their territory. Twolegs also come to the clearing in ThunderClan's territory during greenleaf. Just wanted to point that out. Razz

Putting out landmarks is a great idea! Not only would it clear things up for your Clan's territory, but it'll prove useful in RPGs. App, Phanny, you guys don't mind if I use the idea too? ^-^

That may be true but in the books it's been mentioned back when they were n their original territories that windclan had the greatest knowledge of them.
Scarlett
Scarlett
IceClan Leader
IceClan Leader

Custom Rank : The Immortal
WarriorPoints : 433521
Female Posts : 3168

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 300,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightclaw January 26th 2013, 18:02

Name of Landmark: Twoleg Tree-Den
Description: This treehouse is quite amazing. It has two buildings and is actually in two trees. On one side, there is a ladder and slide as well as a Castle like two story building. A bridge with netting connects to the other side which has two perches and a rock climbing wall. Most mentors make young apprentices climb on of the trees before they are allowed to use the ladder or climbing wall. The Twolegs never use it anymore, so it's safe aside from the occasional loner or kittypet.

Mostly used for: Taunting Kittypets and Twolegs, playing, and learning to climb.
Picture:
Spoiler:
Other: :3
Lightclaw
Lightclaw
ShadowClan Deputy
ShadowClan Deputy

Custom Rank : Lighty c:
WarriorPoints : 13720
Female Posts : 3190

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 75,500

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost January 26th 2013, 22:12

Sure, Brighty, you can use it as long as you give me credit ^.^
Frost
Frost
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Custom Rank : Fab
WarriorPoints : 25655
Female Posts : 4113

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 100,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdstar January 27th 2013, 11:54

Brighty may you give me credit as well?
Anyway I edited a ton, and added Cave Streams, Twoleg Tree Den, and Twoleg Barn! I also fixed what Snowlily had suggested. If you have any more ideas or corrections feel free to tell me! ^.^
Birdstar
Birdstar
WindClan Warrior
WindClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content