Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

New Forum Banner10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

New Forum Banner10

Warrior Cats Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Forum

5 posters

Go down

New Forum Empty New Forum

Post by Caraway January 2nd 2012, 18:39

so, some people have been complaining that topics such as the You're Banned Game, Drop something on the Person below you, etc are spam games. personally i'm pretty okay with them but when there's a compromise, go for it, right?

Snowdapple told me about this other forum that had this. they have forums where you can put random topics like if you need help deciding something in real life, or if you want to post a fun game then you post it in that forum and you don't get posts for it if you post there. the other forum does that with RPGs but people here RP so much they should get posts for it. tell me what you think. Very Happy
Caraway
Caraway
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Custom Rank : Behind the Mask
WarriorPoints : 33817
Female Posts : 5555

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 150,000

Back to top Go down

New Forum Empty Re: New Forum

Post by Scarlett January 2nd 2012, 18:43

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean by this. Can you explain a bit more for me please?
Scarlett
Scarlett
IceClan Leader
IceClan Leader

Custom Rank : The Immortal
WarriorPoints : 433509
Female Posts : 3168

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 300,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraway January 2nd 2012, 18:46

sorry i was rushing because my ice cream was melting. basically, there was a forum called Spam City before. people used to post spam there because it was allowed. but then it was taken off because people were getting too many posts from it instead of RPing. i'm just saying, since people like to post fun game topics and unrelated polls, what if we brought back Spam City so people could post topics like that in there? but you wouldn't get posts for posting in that forum. it's been done on another forum Snowdapple plays on.
Caraway
Caraway
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost January 2nd 2012, 18:47

Cheesestar means that she thinks that its consider spamming if you post in games like "The You're Banned Game" etc. She suggests that members who post in those topics shouldn't be allowed to have posts. Like it won't be counted as a post.

I don't think that's possible, Cheesestar. Maybe you're not allowed to earn WP?
Frost
Frost
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Custom Rank : Fab
WarriorPoints : 25643
Female Posts : 4113

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 100,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraway January 2nd 2012, 18:50

awww it isn't possible? well this is a pretty young forum i guess. the other one was like 5 years old. o.O that makes the topic solved then probably.
Caraway
Caraway
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost January 2nd 2012, 18:56

Well. Cheesestar, perhaps you can PM Dragonclaw the idea. I can't really confirm that this is possible or not. I know there's a spam problem now, but these days are pretty hectic because we're working on some new things.

You have my support so don't worry Cheese Razz
Frost
Frost
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Custom Rank : Fab
WarriorPoints : 25643
Female Posts : 4113

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 100,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx January 2nd 2012, 19:05

Well, I don't really consider the games Spam.... but I guess it is true how people are getting a lot more posts that way posting in them... IDK
Nyx
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Custom Rank : 2bright4u
WarriorPoints : 38661
Female Posts : 6814

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett January 2nd 2012, 19:07

But there is not a way to keep from counting it as a post... What we can do though is make it so you do not get WPs for any posts like this. I'm just concerned about all the spam posts right now because there is already so much spam in the main forums and people have turned the top posters list into a means of competition. I'll keep this in mind and see if I can work out something with Dragonclaw for these games you want to have. Cheesestar would you mind sending me the descriptions for your ideas for these topics. I would like to look into a way to make these work for the forums. Though I cannot promise anything I will see what I can come up with.

Last edited by Snowlily on January 2nd 2012, 19:10; edited 1 time in total
Scarlett
Scarlett
IceClan Leader
IceClan Leader

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Whiteout January 2nd 2012, 19:08

Those topics could be considered as spam, but that would be up to what different people think, and the ultimate choice about remaking Spam City is up to Dragonclaw.
Whiteout
Whiteout
Loner

Custom Rank : White Tiger
WarriorPoints : 8299
Male Posts : 201

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 500,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraway January 2nd 2012, 19:11

sorry Snowlily can you clarify? descriptions about the topics? i don't really know which ones you mean. o.o
Caraway
Caraway
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett January 2nd 2012, 19:17

I mean I would like a pm describing this whole idea. I've been administrating forumotion websites for very close to 5 years currently and I know for a fact that at the minute there is no way to many it so a post is not counted as so. However, I also know that we can set it up so the posts in the "Spam city" section do not count for warrior points but because we currently have an issue with so many poeple spamming in the topics that we have I'm planning to search for an alternative way to do this that does not involve posting. I have a few ideas currently but it would help me if I had a pm with you that would give me a better understanding of what you are looking for.
Scarlett
Scarlett
IceClan Leader
IceClan Leader

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content