Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

The Winter Of Shadows - Page 4 Banner10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

The Winter Of Shadows - Page 4 Banner10

Warrior Cats Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Winter Of Shadows

+19
Peachfur
Craneflight
Honeyflower
Mapleheart
Wolfsong
Mallownose
Mossfoot
Caraway
Auburnflare
Lilacstar
Nyx
Streamstar
Frost
Pinewhisker
Birdstar
Scarlett
Honeystar
Lightclaw
Dragonclaw
23 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Winter Of Shadows - Page 4 Empty The Winter Of Shadows

Post by Dragonclaw December 14th 2011, 20:06

First topic message reminder :

The Winter Of Shadows

---
What in StarClan's name...

---
Prologue
---
Nightwind trampled through the snow. His paws were cold and wet from the magical frozen fluff, but he was content after stumbling upon some nice prey earlier today. He had brought it back to his Clan Leader, who lauded him with much praise. Pleased, Nightwind had a nice meal and had now gone for a walk.

Nightwind strolled through the dark woods. It was not evening yet, nor was it late afternoon, yet the darkness seemed to close in around. It was strange... a shadowy world in a winter wonderland. Nightwind stopped at the frozen river and was startled to see a big hunk of ice float pass him. As he looked, more ice chunks glided by the swirling river. Find a line of stepping stones, Nightwind hurried along to the other side of the river. The tall pine trees on this side of the forest made day seem like night. Nightwind shivered. He hoped to cross it soon. He couldn't wait to return to camp, to see his loving mate and his young kits. Suddenly Nightwind stopped. What was that noise? He couldn't hear it anymore. Probably snow falling from the trees, he though to himself. He continued through the forest. He suddenly stopped again. He had a gut feeling that he was not alone in this forest. There was an malevolent presence here. The shadows seemed to be moving.
Suddenly terrified, Nightwind ran. He ran as if he flew through the trees. And he sensed him. He knew he was here. He was behind him. And his power was unstoppable.
Nightwind's vision flashed of a sudden red, he stumbled, and his vision faded to black.

Meanwhile..
Wolves Are Attacking The Clans!
A harsh winter storm has just hit. Freezing temperatures, ice, snow, and very scarce prey. Food is hard to find. These conditions have made the wolves of a land far off quite desperate. These packs of canines have wandered into the clan lands searching for food..

The Cats of the Clans were catching what prey they could, minding their own business. Rumors of an evil ghost cat in the woods had been the talk of the camps for a few days already and was already troubling the Clans.

And then... this pack of wolves overtook the area overnight. They killed many cats who didn't flee or hide in time and stole freshkill from the camps. The wolves are believed to be hiding in the great caves somewhere on the IceClan mountain. They travel to the Clans to wreak havoc and destruction.
The Clan Leaders have come together in a Gathering to address this time of need.
What will your Clan do?
What will you do?

Extra Info For This Event:
Some Staff Members Will Be Playing As Members Of The Wolfpack!
Wolf Leader: Blizzard
Other Wolfpack Members:
Dragonclaw
Silverrain
Silversplash
Fang
CheeseStar

Last edited by Dragonclaw on December 16th 2011, 22:25; edited 3 times in total
Dragonclaw
Dragonclaw
Administrator
Administrator

Custom Rank : Technical Support
WarriorPoints : 8908
Male Posts : 712

Warrior Information
Attack Power : N/A

Back to top Go down

The Winter Of Shadows - Page 4 Empty Re: The Winter Of Shadows

Post by Nyx December 20th 2011, 09:46

"Alright," Echosong meowed, and followed the WindClan patrol. Glancing back, she noticed Cowboy sitting at the border, head cocked to one side.

~Whew, we got a dog! Wolves are afraid of dogs.~
Nyx
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Custom Rank : 2bright4u
WarriorPoints : 38671
Female Posts : 6814

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 150,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 20th 2011, 10:53

~Yeah! Dogs are EPIC! cheers ~

Cowboy watched them, his tail thumping happily on the ground. When they disappeared on the horizon, he got up and headed back to camp. As he trotted along, he got a whiff of stale wolf scent. Cowboy didn't like the wolves.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 20th 2011, 14:08

CheeseStar wrote:yay i'm a wolf... i'll be Lumos then.. latin adaptation for light and wolf mixed...
i'll hint the weather conditions, i guess.

The snowfall had stopped, but the freezing cold tempuratures could not be contained. Thick sheets of ice had formed where the wolves' water storage was. Now, there was no water or food. Considering her plans, Lumos decided it would be best to invade RiverClan first.
"Our water supplies are low, and the mountains provide no warmth and shelter from the wind and snow," she began to the other wolves. "RiverClan has everything we need: water, food, shelter. I say we attack them first on our next visit."

"Excellent idea," growled Blizzard.

"We move, now!"

The wolf pack shot down the mountainside from their cave. They raced across the snow and into the dark forest.

"Halt," said Blizzard. "I have a scent. We are near a camp?"

But they were not. They had stumbled onto a large patrol of cats.

Blizzard surveyed the area. There was a huge wooden bridge. There were cats on it and on the other side (ThunderClan side). On another side were pine trees (ShadowClan side).

Blizzard wasn't going to let anything stop in his path. "Go ahead," he told the pack. "We head for the Clan of water as planned. Crush any resistance along the way."

With that he turned, and watched the pack charge forward.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 20th 2011, 14:13

Silverrain leapt forward upon the cats. They were suddenly bewildered and alarmed at the incoming wolves.

A cat strayed across Silverrain's path. She flung it furiously towards the bridge. The cat flew off the side of the cliff and fell hundreds of feet into the swirling river water below.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 20th 2011, 14:15

"What?!" cried Monkeystar. "Where did all these wolves come from?!"

"Retreat!" roared Monkeystar. He turned and rushed back into the forest. "Hurry! Hurry!" he called to his Warriors.

The ThunderClan cats made a mad dash towards their own camp.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonclaw December 20th 2011, 14:16

Draco watched the cats retreat into the woods.

There were a few injured or dead lying in the snow.

"Can we eat them?" inquired a curious Draco.
Dragonclaw
Dragonclaw
Administrator
Administrator

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx December 20th 2011, 14:17

Brightstar looked up when she saw Ripplepaw burst into camp. "Wolves! They're coming!" "What?!" Brightstar cried. "Cowboy! Get ready! Streamfur, organize the warriors; Ripplepaw, run to IceClan or WindClan for help! Quickly, quickly!"
Nyx
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 20th 2011, 14:18

Dragonclaw wrote:Draco watched the cats retreat into the woods.

There were a few injured or dead lying in the snow.

"Can we eat them?" inquired a curious Draco.

"Sure," grinned Blizzard. He was already digging in.

"Hurry," he warned. "I want to get to the water clan's camp by noon. I can feel a storm approaching."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 20th 2011, 14:26

Cowboy sniffed in disapproval. Wolves! Skinny excuses for dogs! If only good buddy Tobi could join me! He glanced at Brightstar. "Maybe we have enough time!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonclaw December 20th 2011, 14:27

"I'm done," said Draco cheerfully.

"Let's go!"

The wolves broke into a brisk run. Their large size and high stamina let them cover ground quickly. The were soon upon the riverbank.

Draco poked his nice at the swirling ice water. "Water isn't too deep," he called to Blizzard.
Wolves were proficient swimmers anyway. However, Draco preferred to keep his fur dry. "I see stepping stones," he said to Blizzard. "We can use these and save swimming for later."
Dragonclaw
Dragonclaw
Administrator
Administrator

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 20th 2011, 14:30

Silverrain was first to leap through the stepping stones.

"Harrumph!" she joked. "I think swimming is more fun. Razz"

She eagerly looked into the trees beyond. "This place looks nice. Wonder if there are any good sheltering places here. We could forgo that cave and simply nestle right in this area!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Mallownose December 20th 2011, 15:23

~Filling in for Kittystar!~

Kittystar could feel something wrong in the air, she could almost taste the wolves. Then she knew something was wrong by the horid stench of wolves,fear and blood.
Mallownose
Mallownose
RiverClan Warrior
RiverClan Warrior

Custom Rank : bootyful
WarriorPoints : 4820
Male Posts : 128

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraway December 20th 2011, 16:01

"No doubt those scrawny cats will smell us soon," Lumos inquired. "We need to divide and conquer. Maximize our chances of winning over the territory." He skipped on the stones, sharpening his claws on their smooth surfaces.
Caraway
Caraway
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Custom Rank : Behind the Mask
WarriorPoints : 33827
Female Posts : 5555

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Streamstar December 20th 2011, 17:05

Brightstar wrote:Brightstar looked up when she saw Ripplepaw burst into camp. "Wolves! They're coming!" "What?!" Brightstar cried. "Cowboy! Get ready! Streamfur, organize the warriors; Ripplepaw, run to IceClan or WindClan for help! Quickly, quickly!"

Streamfur let out a yowl to summon everyone who was in camp. She rushed over to her apprentice and urgently meowed, "Rowanpaw, go with Reedflower and find the patrols!" Now she was speaking to everyone, "We need to secure the nusery and elders dens with brambles! Reedclaw, Stonestream, Yellowfoot, Thunderblaze, and Willowsong guard the entrance! Dragonflight, Ivyshine, Brambletalon, Maplestream, and Mossheart go guard the oppisite side around the camp. Lighteningpelt, Icepaw, Dawnheart and Silverstream, go secure the nursery and elders dens. All the other warriors and apprentices, gather by the entrance. Those guarding either side of the camp, yowl when you see the wolves coming and the other warriors will come to help. Queens kits and elders, get back into the nusery and elders den."
Streamstar
Streamstar
RiverClan Leader
RiverClan Leader

Custom Rank : The CodeMaster
WarriorPoints : 8450
Female Posts : 2834

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 75,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 20th 2011, 17:27

"Wait!" cried Stormclaw. "Don't you think we should run? I mean, these are wolves. They've decimated anyone that stands in their way. I think we should run for it now, and come back with more cats and drive them off once and for all!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx December 20th 2011, 17:32

"that's true," Brightstar conceded. "We could run to Windclan, then return when all of the Clans have come together to attack. Let's go before its too late!"
Nyx
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeystar December 20th 2011, 17:43

Honeystar had just finished explaining to Applefur what had happened at the Gathering when he heard the distant sounds of wolves and cats. At first it sounded like it came from the bridge that separated ShadowCln and ThunderClan Territory [~ Which doesn't make sense according to the map~]. Then it came again, but this time from RiverClan Territory!!
Honeystar
Honeystar
WindClan Warrior
WindClan Warrior

Custom Rank : The Sweetest Leader
WarriorPoints : 10454
Male Posts : 2451

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 25,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Streamstar December 20th 2011, 17:44

"Ok" Streamfur meowed, "Change of plans! Stormclaw, go get Dragonflight, Dawnheart, and Thunderblaze and tell them to get a group of warriors to help groups of elders, queens, and kits evacuate camp. I will also lead a group of warriors to help the kits. Featherstream, Smallfang, and Robynwing, help me with my group of kits. The rest of the cats who were guarding us will go in front, and the group of cats who were supposed to guard the back of the camp, as well as some of the cats who weren't guarding the camp will follow behind the elders queens and kits. Other warriors should try to help Echosong grab some herbs, or take some of the fresh-kill."
Streamstar
Streamstar
RiverClan Leader
RiverClan Leader

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx December 20th 2011, 17:48

"Right! Snap to, everyone!" The warriors scrambled about and in a matter of seconds, they were ready to go. "Through the underground tunnels! They're too small for the wolves to go into." Brightstar led the way into the underground tunnels. "WindClan territory, Streamfur?"
Nyx
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Streamstar December 20th 2011, 18:59

"Yeah, I think it's a good idea to head to Windclan." Streamfur replied to Brightstar. To everyone, she yowled, "We're heading to Windclan territory everyone!" She walked next to Brightstar.

Last edited by Streamfur on December 21st 2011, 05:03; edited 1 time in total
Streamstar
Streamstar
RiverClan Leader
RiverClan Leader

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdstar December 20th 2011, 21:08

Applefur nodded grimly and mewed finally, "Thanks for telling me Honeystar. I hope these wolves stop bothering the clans." She growled unsheathing her claws and sighing.
Meanwhile, Bramblethorn, Iceflight and the RiverClan cats entered the camp. Applefur pricked her ears and scented fish and mewed. "RiverClan." She swiftly got to her paws and padded out of Honeystar's den to see what was going on. She bounded up to her brother and mewed. "Whats going on?" Bramblethorn replied, "Echosong and Frostleaf are here to bring herbs, correct?" Bramblethorn mewed turning to the RiverClan cats.
Birdstar
Birdstar
WindClan Warrior
WindClan Warrior

Custom Rank : 2 Birdyful 4 U
WarriorPoints : 7837
Female Posts : 2125

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 42,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonclaw December 20th 2011, 22:04

OOC:

Kittystar wrote:~Emm can I be a wolf????~ ~
Sorry, all the positions have been filled up. However, send me a PM and we might be able to work something out.
Post Splitted

Honeystar wrote:[~ Which doesn't make sense according to the map~].
We're in the process of updating to a new, improved map! Very Happy

Dragonclaw
Dragonclaw
Administrator
Administrator

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx December 21st 2011, 12:02

"Yes," Echosong meowed. "Some herbs like wet ground better, so I thought I'd give you these."

"Quickly," Brightstar meowed. she ushered her Clan along. "Here's the WindClan tunnel." In a few minutes, they were all in Where now?
Nyx
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinewhisker December 21st 2011, 12:23

Sorrelsoul looked at Shadowstar. A long howl in the distance made her shiver. "What are we going to do?"
Pinewhisker
Pinewhisker
RiverClan Warrior
RiverClan Warrior

Custom Rank : I'm back~
WarriorPoints : 5227
Female Posts : 768

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 25,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 22nd 2011, 10:08

Riverpaw glanced around in fear. "I hate wolves," she mumbled, and pressed close to Rowanpaw. "Your shoulder's bleeding!" Icepaw mewed suddenly. "What'd you do?" Riverpaw looked down, confused. "I think I might have slipped and fell in the tunnels," she replied. Reaching down, she licked the wound, but the blood kept trickling out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next