Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

The Winter Of Shadows - Page 3 Banner10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

The Winter Of Shadows - Page 3 Banner10

Warrior Cats Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Winter Of Shadows

+19
Peachfur
Craneflight
Honeyflower
Mapleheart
Wolfsong
Mallownose
Mossfoot
Caraway
Auburnflare
Lilacstar
Nyx
Streamstar
Frost
Pinewhisker
Birdstar
Scarlett
Honeystar
Lightclaw
Dragonclaw
23 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Winter Of Shadows - Page 3 Empty The Winter Of Shadows

Post by Dragonclaw December 14th 2011, 20:06

First topic message reminder :

The Winter Of Shadows

---
What in StarClan's name...

---
Prologue
---
Nightwind trampled through the snow. His paws were cold and wet from the magical frozen fluff, but he was content after stumbling upon some nice prey earlier today. He had brought it back to his Clan Leader, who lauded him with much praise. Pleased, Nightwind had a nice meal and had now gone for a walk.

Nightwind strolled through the dark woods. It was not evening yet, nor was it late afternoon, yet the darkness seemed to close in around. It was strange... a shadowy world in a winter wonderland. Nightwind stopped at the frozen river and was startled to see a big hunk of ice float pass him. As he looked, more ice chunks glided by the swirling river. Find a line of stepping stones, Nightwind hurried along to the other side of the river. The tall pine trees on this side of the forest made day seem like night. Nightwind shivered. He hoped to cross it soon. He couldn't wait to return to camp, to see his loving mate and his young kits. Suddenly Nightwind stopped. What was that noise? He couldn't hear it anymore. Probably snow falling from the trees, he though to himself. He continued through the forest. He suddenly stopped again. He had a gut feeling that he was not alone in this forest. There was an malevolent presence here. The shadows seemed to be moving.
Suddenly terrified, Nightwind ran. He ran as if he flew through the trees. And he sensed him. He knew he was here. He was behind him. And his power was unstoppable.
Nightwind's vision flashed of a sudden red, he stumbled, and his vision faded to black.

Meanwhile..
Wolves Are Attacking The Clans!
A harsh winter storm has just hit. Freezing temperatures, ice, snow, and very scarce prey. Food is hard to find. These conditions have made the wolves of a land far off quite desperate. These packs of canines have wandered into the clan lands searching for food..

The Cats of the Clans were catching what prey they could, minding their own business. Rumors of an evil ghost cat in the woods had been the talk of the camps for a few days already and was already troubling the Clans.

And then... this pack of wolves overtook the area overnight. They killed many cats who didn't flee or hide in time and stole freshkill from the camps. The wolves are believed to be hiding in the great caves somewhere on the IceClan mountain. They travel to the Clans to wreak havoc and destruction.
The Clan Leaders have come together in a Gathering to address this time of need.
What will your Clan do?
What will you do?

Extra Info For This Event:
Some Staff Members Will Be Playing As Members Of The Wolfpack!
Wolf Leader: Blizzard
Other Wolfpack Members:
Dragonclaw
Silverrain
Silversplash
Fang
CheeseStar

Last edited by Dragonclaw on December 16th 2011, 22:25; edited 3 times in total
Dragonclaw
Dragonclaw
Administrator
Administrator

Custom Rank : Technical Support
WarriorPoints : 8887
Male Posts : 712

Warrior Information
Attack Power : N/A

Back to top Go down

The Winter Of Shadows - Page 3 Empty Re: The Winter Of Shadows

Post by Guest December 18th 2011, 15:49

"Alright, do you want me to take a patrol to ask the other leaders?" She started thinking of cats she would bring.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx December 18th 2011, 17:21

"We need to get as much prey as possible," Brightstar mewed grumpily, as she poked her nose out of her den. "Luckily, wolves hate water (a true fact I think) so they don't fish," she added thoughtfully. The day was perfect for hunting and basking in the sun, Brightstar noticed regretfully. It's a pity we can't do that, she thought as she padded out into the middle of the camp. Wading across a small stream, she noticed Echosong sitting outside the medicine cat's den. "Echosong! Didn't you say you needed to bring something to WindClan yesterday? Something about herbs, wasn't it?" Brightstar splashed noisily across the stream and didn't even bother shaking out her damp fur as she bounded across the camp.
Nyx
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Custom Rank : 2bright4u
WarriorPoints : 38650
Female Posts : 6814

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 150,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdstar December 18th 2011, 18:00

Back on WindClan territory, Applefur came back with her mouse and rabbit dangling from her jaws. Wanting to hear the news from the gathering she padded to the front of Honeystar's den and mewed, "Honeystar? Can I come in?" She called from in outside of the den. I hope nothing bad happened. I especially hope that there was no news of cats missing or dead She had been on edge ever since she had heard about the wolves coming into clan territory and hadn't been worried about her own good but her kits and clan mates.
Birdstar
Birdstar
WindClan Warrior
WindClan Warrior

Custom Rank : 2 Birdyful 4 U
WarriorPoints : 7816
Female Posts : 2125

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 42,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeystar December 18th 2011, 18:15

Honeystar stirred in his sleep as he heard Applefur mewing from outside his den. "Come in." He mewed back as he got up from his nest and quickly began cleaning himself. Wish the Gathering had been longer. So that we could have been able to come up with a real way deal with the wolves. But had it been longer, I might have turned into a cat-cicle. He gave a quiet mrrow to his own remark.
Honeystar
Honeystar
WindClan Warrior
WindClan Warrior

Custom Rank : The Sweetest Leader
WarriorPoints : 10433
Male Posts : 2451

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 25,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 18th 2011, 18:16

"Yes, Brightstar," Echosong called back, wincing as droplets of water splashed into her freshly groomed coat. "I thought I should bring them some watermint and juniper berries, since it grows better in our wet territory. Could I bring Frostleaf? (Your RPG character, Bright) I want to leave now."

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdstar December 18th 2011, 18:25

Applefur stepped into Honeystar's den and sat down in front of him. She put her tail on top of her paws and mewed. "What happened at the gathering?" She asked worriedly.
Hopefully no news of cats missing or dead She thought to herself. Applefur kept her ears pricked for any howling. Just in case.
Birdstar
Birdstar
WindClan Warrior
WindClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx December 18th 2011, 18:39

"Sure," Brightstar mewed, giving Echosong a look of amusement. She bounded over to the warrior's den and poked her head in. "Frostleaf?" The silver she-cat came out with a yawn. "Yes, Brightstar?" "Go with Echosong to WindClan to give them herbs," Brightstar mewed. "Now?" Frostleaf gave her a startled look. "Of course! Shoo," Brightstar mewed, giving her friend an amused look. Then, she slipped back into the warrior's den to look for Streamfur.

"Okay. Let's go," Frostleaf mewed, padding after Echosong.

~Just god-mod Frostleaf for this. It'll be too hard otherwise.~
Nyx
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 18th 2011, 18:45

They reached the WindClan border in no time. "Should we wait?" Frostleaf asked. "No. Let's just go; I'm a medicine cat at any rate." Still, Echosong was a little wary as she padded over the borderline. Before long, they were nearing the camp. "I hope someone comes to see us out here," Echosong muttered around the wrap of herbs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdstar December 18th 2011, 19:04

Bramblethorn was leading a border patrol with Iceflight and Stoneshadow stopped and lifted his head. He looked alarmed for a moment and growled to the others, "RiverClan." Iceflight unsheathed her claws. "Lets go check it out." She mewed. They followed the scent seeing to RiverClan cats. "Stop! You two!" Stoneshadow yowled as the patrol raced toward the RiverClan cats.
Birdstar
Birdstar
WindClan Warrior
WindClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx December 19th 2011, 16:02

Frostleaf looked up indignantly. "Hey! Hold up!"

~Luckily, Echosong has given me permission for god-modding. Whew. Or else it'll take forever~

"I'm here to give herbs to Fernleaf," Echosong mewed quickly. "We're not taking prey."
Nyx
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Streamstar December 19th 2011, 16:10

Streamfur sat up as she saw Brightstar and meowed, "I'm finished assigning patrols."
She called Reedflower over and meowed, "Are you ready to leave Brightstar?"
Streamstar
Streamstar
RiverClan Leader
RiverClan Leader

Custom Rank : The CodeMaster
WarriorPoints : 8429
Female Posts : 2834

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 75,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx December 19th 2011, 16:35

"Sure," Brightstar meowed. "Let's go." She got up and padded out of camp. "Right. So is this a border patrol or a hunting patrol? I forget; I was thinking about the wolves, sorry."
Nyx
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Streamstar December 19th 2011, 16:57

"I was planning to do a hunting patrol, while the storm has stopped. The other day, I saw a thawed section of the river that might have some fish. Do you want to hunt there?" Streamfur meowed. She padded next to Brightstar with Reedflower close behind.
Streamstar
Streamstar
RiverClan Leader
RiverClan Leader

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx December 19th 2011, 17:03

"Sure. Why not? Fish would be welcome. We could check for wolf activity at the same time. I hope they haven't developed a taste for fish!" Brightstar picked up the pace into an easy lope.
Nyx
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Streamstar December 19th 2011, 17:46

"I hope they don't. It's already hard enough to fish in leafbare. I don't want any wolves stealing our prey." As they arrived at the river, Streamfur sat down at the edge, not letting her shadow hit the water. After waiting for a long while, a shadow a fish zipped by under the water, and Streamfur clawed it out of the water and killed it.
Streamstar
Streamstar
RiverClan Leader
RiverClan Leader

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdstar December 19th 2011, 18:17

Brightstar wrote:Frostleaf looked up indignantly. "Hey! Hold up!"

~Luckily, Echosong has given me permission for god-modding. Whew. Or else it'll take forever~

"I'm here to give herbs to Fernleaf," Echosong mewed quickly. "We're not taking prey."

Bramblethorn nodded. Stoneshadow's eye were narrowed. "Come on. Lets get to camp then. Stoneshadow, go up ahead and warn Honeystar." Bramblethorn mewed. Stoneshadow dipped his head and raced away in the direction toward camp. "Follow us." Iceflight mewed flicking her tail in the direction Stoneshadow raced off to. Bramblethorn smiled cooly. The warriors faces peaceful but revealing nothing.
Birdstar
Birdstar
WindClan Warrior
WindClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 19th 2011, 18:34

The ghost in the woods stirred.

He followed the troupe of WindClan cats.
The wraith moved like a liquid shadow. As they neared camp, the phantom reduced his pace. He perched in the darkness of a great tree, upwind of the camp.

His eyes followed the camp activity. However, WindClan would not be the ones in peril today. Pain sneered. Poor ShadowClan, he thought.

He turned around and melted back into the shadowy winter wonderland. It was time to see what ThunderClan was up to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 19th 2011, 18:39

The ThunderClan force appeared at the stream.

"Take up your positions," called Monkeystar.

He watched the cats form positions against the ShadowClan bridge. The prey here had become increasingly plentiful after the Gathering and Monkeystar was none too eager to take it right out of the paws of a weakened Clan.

"I hear-by declare the bridge as territory of ThunderClan!!" bellowed Monkeystar into the pines.

The yowls of ThunderClan echoed through the forest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 19th 2011, 18:41

Tobi had been on a stroll.

He scented the enemy cats first and hurried underneath a bush. He poked his nose out and saw them gathering around the bridge.

Monkeystar wrote:"I hear-by declare the bridge as territory of ThunderClan!!" bellowed Monkeystar into the pines.

"Oh no!" cried Tobi.
He turned around and raced towards the ShadowClan camp.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 19th 2011, 18:45

Crystaldance had been collecting herbs. She heard a crashing through the brush and immediately knew it was Tobi. What other animal made such an inconspicuous noise running through the trees? XD

She saw Tobi's face and immediately knew something was wrong. "What happened?" cried Crystaldance. She dropped the herbs and raced after Tobi, following him into the ShadowClan camp. Tobi made a beeline for Shadowstar.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 19th 2011, 18:51

Shadowstar saw Crystaldance and Tobi approaching.

He knew something was wrong when he saw their anxious faces.
He ran to meet them.

"What's up?" asked Shadowstar. He herded them towards the freshkill pile. "Quick, grab something to eat first. Then meet me in my den."

Shadowstar then turned and hurried towards his den.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 19th 2011, 18:55

Tobi reluctantly picked up a plump bird.

Then he hurried into Shadowstar's den, where Tobi broke the horrible news to him.

"ThunderClan has invaded our territory and taken over our only good hunting grounds!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 19th 2011, 18:59

Shadowstar's eyes widened in shock.

"No!" he cried.

ShadowClan's only means of food was in that area. The other areas of ShadowClan's territory were lacking in prey.
He looked around sadly. ThunderClan was strong. ShadowClan was already weakened from the wolf attacks last week. ThunderClan had been spared of any serious attacks recently.

"We can't just attack them," said Shadowstar, as much as it pained him to say it. "We'll need some help this time."

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinewhisker December 19th 2011, 20:35

Sorrelsoul overheard the conversation from outside. "Perhaps WindClan? Or RiverClan?" she suggested, walking in.
Pinewhisker
Pinewhisker
RiverClan Warrior
RiverClan Warrior

Custom Rank : I'm back~
WarriorPoints : 5206
Female Posts : 768

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 25,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraway December 19th 2011, 21:30

yay i'm a wolf... i'll be Lumos then.. latin adaptation for light and wolf mixed...
i'll hint the weather conditions, i guess.

The snowfall had stopped, but the freezing cold tempuratures could not be contained. Thick sheets of ice had formed where the wolves' water storage was. Now, there was no water or food. Considering her plans, Lumos decided it would be best to invade RiverClan first.
"Our water supplies are low, and the mountains provide no warmth and shelter from the wind and snow," she began to the other wolves. "RiverClan has everything we need: water, food, shelter. I say we attack them first on our next visit."
Caraway
Caraway
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Custom Rank : Behind the Mask
WarriorPoints : 33806
Female Posts : 5555

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content