Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

The Winter Of Shadows Banner10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

The Winter Of Shadows Banner10

Warrior Cats Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Winter Of Shadows

+19
Peachfur
Craneflight
Honeyflower
Mapleheart
Wolfsong
Mallownose
Mossfoot
Caraway
Auburnflare
Lilacstar
Nyx
Streamstar
Frost
Pinewhisker
Birdstar
Scarlett
Honeystar
Lightclaw
Dragonclaw
23 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Winter Of Shadows Empty The Winter Of Shadows

Post by Dragonclaw December 14th 2011, 20:06

The Winter Of Shadows

---
What in StarClan's name...

---
Prologue
---
Nightwind trampled through the snow. His paws were cold and wet from the magical frozen fluff, but he was content after stumbling upon some nice prey earlier today. He had brought it back to his Clan Leader, who lauded him with much praise. Pleased, Nightwind had a nice meal and had now gone for a walk.

Nightwind strolled through the dark woods. It was not evening yet, nor was it late afternoon, yet the darkness seemed to close in around. It was strange... a shadowy world in a winter wonderland. Nightwind stopped at the frozen river and was startled to see a big hunk of ice float pass him. As he looked, more ice chunks glided by the swirling river. Find a line of stepping stones, Nightwind hurried along to the other side of the river. The tall pine trees on this side of the forest made day seem like night. Nightwind shivered. He hoped to cross it soon. He couldn't wait to return to camp, to see his loving mate and his young kits. Suddenly Nightwind stopped. What was that noise? He couldn't hear it anymore. Probably snow falling from the trees, he though to himself. He continued through the forest. He suddenly stopped again. He had a gut feeling that he was not alone in this forest. There was an malevolent presence here. The shadows seemed to be moving.
Suddenly terrified, Nightwind ran. He ran as if he flew through the trees. And he sensed him. He knew he was here. He was behind him. And his power was unstoppable.
Nightwind's vision flashed of a sudden red, he stumbled, and his vision faded to black.

Meanwhile..
Wolves Are Attacking The Clans!
A harsh winter storm has just hit. Freezing temperatures, ice, snow, and very scarce prey. Food is hard to find. These conditions have made the wolves of a land far off quite desperate. These packs of canines have wandered into the clan lands searching for food..

The Cats of the Clans were catching what prey they could, minding their own business. Rumors of an evil ghost cat in the woods had been the talk of the camps for a few days already and was already troubling the Clans.

And then... this pack of wolves overtook the area overnight. They killed many cats who didn't flee or hide in time and stole freshkill from the camps. The wolves are believed to be hiding in the great caves somewhere on the IceClan mountain. They travel to the Clans to wreak havoc and destruction.
The Clan Leaders have come together in a Gathering to address this time of need.
What will your Clan do?
What will you do?

Extra Info For This Event:
Some Staff Members Will Be Playing As Members Of The Wolfpack!
Wolf Leader: Blizzard
Other Wolfpack Members:
Dragonclaw
Silverrain
Silversplash
Fang
CheeseStar

Last edited by Dragonclaw on December 16th 2011, 22:25; edited 3 times in total
Dragonclaw
Dragonclaw
Administrator
Administrator

Custom Rank : Technical Support
WarriorPoints : 8887
Male Posts : 712

Warrior Information
Attack Power : N/A

Back to top Go down

The Winter Of Shadows Empty Re: The Winter Of Shadows

Post by Guest December 14th 2011, 20:18

Monkeystar gazed at the cats assembled around the clearing. He yowled to get their attention. "Let the Gathering begin!"

He positioned himself smugly at the highest branch of the tree. "Hehe," he said to himself. He looked around the Clans. IceClan was as usual, the only Clan not to show up. However, he thought he did spot a few IceClan cats in the crowd below.

"Now," addressed Monkeystar. "We all know of this problem with the wolves. They have invaded our territories..." Monkeystar paused. "In a bananapeel," Monkeystar began. "Nutshell," whispered Ozone. "In a nutshell," said Monkeystar irritably, "we must rid of them."
He gazed at the other Clan Leaders hoping to hear their input.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightclaw December 14th 2011, 20:46

Lightningstar stepped forward, finding it a bit awkward that she was addressing her old leader when she was now a leader herself. "I agree. Heavystep has several nonClan cat connections that we could use to our advantage. Though some of you may disagree, we need all the help we can get." she mewed, looking around to see the others' reactions.
Lightclaw
Lightclaw
ShadowClan Deputy
ShadowClan Deputy

Custom Rank : Lighty c:
WarriorPoints : 13697
Female Posts : 3190

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 75,500

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 14th 2011, 21:00

Shadowstar looked at the cats in the clearing. "ShadowClan is in a dire situation. Many of our Warriors survived the wolf attack. However, they've stolen all our freskill! Therefore, I ask for each Clan to give us a third of is freshkill shares!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightclaw December 14th 2011, 21:03

"I am sorry, but my Clan is still too new to share prey with other Clans." Lightningstar mewed. Heavystep nodded, his eyes narrowing at Shadowstar. Is he mouse-brained? How could a new Clan that can barely fend for itself fend for a whol other Clan?! he thought, looking at the leader as if he were insane. Lightningstar nudged her brother. "Don't look at him so rudely." she scolded in a whisper.

Last edited by Lightningstorm on December 14th 2011, 21:12; edited 1 time in total
Lightclaw
Lightclaw
ShadowClan Deputy
ShadowClan Deputy

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeystar December 14th 2011, 21:10

"Well WindClan would be happy to help Shadowstar." Honeystar replied solemnly as he licked an old wound from his paw. "However, many of my warriors are still healing from their wounds during the last attack. And those that are still healthy have to stay on their guard every time they go out just to bring back fresh kill for ourselves. How can you expect me to tell them that we have to give up a third of what we can catch to ShadowClan?!?"
Honeystar
Honeystar
WindClan Warrior
WindClan Warrior

Custom Rank : The Sweetest Leader
WarriorPoints : 10433
Male Posts : 2451

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 25,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 14th 2011, 21:12

Shadowstar glared at the WindClan and EarthClan Leaders. "Then I must ask for my Warriors to hunt on some of your lands." He turned towards Monkeystar. "I must ask the same from you Monkeystar."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 14th 2011, 21:16

Monkeystar nodded approvingly at the EarthClan and WindClan Leaders.

Shadowstar wrote:Shadowstar glared at the WindClan and EarthClan Leaders. "Then I must ask for my Warriors to hunt on some of your lands." He turned towards Monkeystar. "I must ask the same from you Monkeystar."

Monkeystar raised an eyebrow at Shadowstar. Monkeystar's bushy tail swung from side to side on the branch of the tree. "Are you out of your mind?" asked Monkeystar amusingly.

"In a bananapeel," he began.

"Nutshell," whispered Fruitclaw.

"YES I KNOW," growled Monkeystar. "In a nutshell, my answer is no." Monkeystar was pleased with himself. He was trying to make a fool out of the ShadowClan Leader.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightclaw December 14th 2011, 21:20

Lightningstar looked at Shadowstar evenly. "EarthClan is still to new to offer any help to any Clan. As much as we'd love to, it's a no for EarthClan too." she mewed, careful of her words. Heavystep nodded in agreement with his sister. Way to go, Lightningstar! Don't let him step all over you just because you're new to leadership! he thought proudly.
Lightclaw
Lightclaw
ShadowClan Deputy
ShadowClan Deputy

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 14th 2011, 21:29

Shuriken sat on a snowy tree across on the other side of the leaders. The cats faced away from him and the wind blew in Shuriken's direction. Thus, Shuriken's presence was undetectable as usual.

Shuriken didn't need all the attention anyway. The Clan Leaders had warmly invited his Clan to attend the Gathering, but Shuriken always declined. IceClan didn't follow the ways of the other Clans and it was also a very long distance to travel from their Fortress.

However, Shuriken always at least traveled to the Gatherings by himself, hidden in the shadows. He would at least sit and listen to the news.

Wolves? Shuriken thought. He hadn't heard of this yet. Sounds bad..
Shuriken gazed down at the shark's teeth attached to his claw. He contemplated to himself for a moment, watching their glint in the whiteness of the snow. Then Shuriken melted back into the shadows.

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeystar December 14th 2011, 21:32

Honeystar's eyes turned to hard jade stones as they glared back at Shadowstar. "And I suppose letting you prey-steal would be a better Solution?!" After what I and WindClan have done for you, this is how you repay us?!? "You know very well I can not allow it and neither will my warriors." Trying to calm down, an idea came to him. "Perhaps instead, how about we let your warriors work with us in the hunting patrols? That way, you can hunt what you need, and if the wolves attack, there will be more of us to fight them off." Honeystar hoped that the ShadowClan Leader would accept this compromise.
Honeystar
Honeystar
WindClan Warrior
WindClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett December 14th 2011, 21:35

Snowlily took careful consideration of Shadowstar's words. Is it fair to demand that the other clan give Shadowclan hand outs? We've all been crippled by the attack. Demanding a third of every clans supply is a blod move when every clan has kits and elders to feed. But even still...? She stared at each of the leaders contemplating each side of things.
Scarlett
Scarlett
IceClan Leader
IceClan Leader

Custom Rank : The Immortal
WarriorPoints : 433498
Female Posts : 3168

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 300,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 14th 2011, 21:40

Honeystar wrote:Honeystar's eyes turned to hard jade stones as they glared back at Shadowstar. "And I suppose letting you prey-steal would be a better Solution?!" After what I and WindClan have done for you, this is how you repay us?!? "You know very well I can not allow it and neither will my warriors." Trying to calm down, an idea came to him. "Perhaps instead, how about we let your warriors work with us in the hunting patrols? That way, you can hunt what you need, and if the wolves attack, there will be more of us to fight them off." Honeystar hoped that the ShadowClan Leader would accept this compromise.

"Wait!" called out Blackclaw. "That's too much! Why should we give them prey on our lands? It's their fault they don't live in the snow-rabbit-plentiful highlands of WindClan!"

Blackclaw hissed. "Shadowstar has much audacity to demand things from the powerful WindClan! We too have suffered our losses!"

Blackclaw sniffed. "Get your own food."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 14th 2011, 21:46

Tobi growled at Blackclaw. "Watch it pal. ShadowClan has many cats that need food. At the moment we have none and prey is low in our forests. We are hungry. You must give us food." He narrowed his eyes at the WindClan cats at the other side of the clearing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 14th 2011, 21:51

Ozone rolled his eyes at ShadowClan.

"You guys are always making threats," he said breezily. "We can choose to deny your request if we want."

Tobi wrote:Tobi growled at Blackclaw. "Watch it pal. ShadowClan has many cats that need food. At the moment we have none and prey is low in our forests. We are hungry. You must give us food." He narrowed his eyes at the WindClan cats at the other side of the clearing.

Ozone snarled at Tobi. "We must?" He gave Tobi a shove. "I don't think so."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 14th 2011, 21:52

Weather ->
Suddenly, as the Clans are arguing, clouds cover the moon and a harsh wind picks up. The snow begans to fall. Lightly as first, but it gradually picks up into a blizzard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeystar December 14th 2011, 21:53

"Enough Blackclaw!!" Honeystar growled at one of his few warriors who had managed to come to the gathering. "We have all shared our own suffering. It only makes sense that we should help each other out during this hard time. Not quarrel and create battles none of us can afford to fight among ourselves. Besides, ShadowClan would only be hunting on our lands under WindClan supervision. So they would get what they need, but under our terms."
Honeystar
Honeystar
WindClan Warrior
WindClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 14th 2011, 22:02

Shadowstar frowned at the imminent blizzard.
He nodded to Honeystar, but flashed an angry glare at Monkeystar and Lightningstorm (Lightningstar).

"ShadowClan!" he yowled. "Let's go!"

Shadowstar raced down the tree and lead his Clan off into the pines.

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeystar December 14th 2011, 22:06

Honeystar followed suit with ShadowClan. "To me WindClan!" he yowled. "Now that the gathering is over we need to hurry back to camp."
Honeystar
Honeystar
WindClan Warrior
WindClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdstar December 14th 2011, 22:14

Back at camp, Applefur stood in front of the camp guarding the entrance. "Mother, are you sure you dont want to come in and warm up?" Autumnpaw asked shivering. "No, its alright. I'd rather you and your brothers and sister go get warm. You shouldnt be out here." Applefur mewed. Autumnpaw narrowed her eyes slightly. "Alright..." She mewed turning away dashing into the apprentices den. Applefur looked out upon the horizon in the direction of the Gathering. I hope they come back soon. This cold could bring sickness in any second She thought. You worry too much, they'll be fine A voice in her head told her slightly comforting her.
Birdstar
Birdstar
WindClan Warrior
WindClan Warrior

Custom Rank : 2 Birdyful 4 U
WarriorPoints : 7816
Female Posts : 2125

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 42,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeystar December 14th 2011, 22:24

Honeystar took the lead through the blizzard clearing a path in the snow for the other warriors to follow. He shivered furiously since his thin pelt was not meant for such cold leafbare weather, but rather the hot humid jungles of Lakshmi Valley. "Everybody keep your tails up for the other cat behind you to follow with their whiskers." He yowled to the cats behind. He remembered that the elephant herds did something like that so members wouldn't get lost. He hoped that the same method would work here with cats. Soon he could detect the scent of WindClan camp up ahead.
Honeystar
Honeystar
WindClan Warrior
WindClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinewhisker December 15th 2011, 04:08

Sorrelsoul, lagging in the cold despite her semi-long coat, stole after Shadowstar. "Shadowstar? What are we going to do?" she asked. Her whiskers quivered intensely.
Pinewhisker
Pinewhisker
RiverClan Warrior
RiverClan Warrior

Custom Rank : I'm back~
WarriorPoints : 5206
Female Posts : 768

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost December 15th 2011, 09:31

Iceclaw was sitting calmly next to Shuriken, her white fluffy tail curled neatly over her paws. Her icy gaze was fixed on the Clan leaders, who were arguing back and forth. She felt slightly annoyed but did not show it. Her face was like a mask, emotionless.

Last edited by Iceclaw on December 15th 2011, 21:01; edited 1 time in total
Frost
Frost
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Custom Rank : Fab
WarriorPoints : 25632
Female Posts : 4113

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 100,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Streamstar December 15th 2011, 14:37

Streamfur walked inbetween Brightstar and Reedflower on the way back from the gathering. She pricked her ears to listen for any wolves, and heard a howl in the distance. "What should we do about the wolves, Brightstar?" she meowed.
Streamstar
Streamstar
RiverClan Leader
RiverClan Leader

Custom Rank : The CodeMaster
WarriorPoints : 8429
Female Posts : 2834

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 75,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx December 15th 2011, 16:38

"I don't know," Brightstar mewed. "I think we should join with the other Clans to fight them off. They're far too strong for one Clan alone."
Nyx
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Custom Rank : 2bright4u
WarriorPoints : 38650
Female Posts : 6814

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 150,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content