Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

The Winter Of Shadows - Page 5 Banner10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

The Winter Of Shadows - Page 5 Banner10

Warrior Cats Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Winter Of Shadows

+19
Peachfur
Craneflight
Honeyflower
Mapleheart
Wolfsong
Mallownose
Mossfoot
Caraway
Auburnflare
Lilacstar
Nyx
Streamstar
Frost
Pinewhisker
Birdstar
Scarlett
Honeystar
Lightclaw
Dragonclaw
23 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Winter Of Shadows - Page 5 Empty The Winter Of Shadows

Post by Dragonclaw December 14th 2011, 20:06

First topic message reminder :

The Winter Of Shadows

---
What in StarClan's name...

---
Prologue
---
Nightwind trampled through the snow. His paws were cold and wet from the magical frozen fluff, but he was content after stumbling upon some nice prey earlier today. He had brought it back to his Clan Leader, who lauded him with much praise. Pleased, Nightwind had a nice meal and had now gone for a walk.

Nightwind strolled through the dark woods. It was not evening yet, nor was it late afternoon, yet the darkness seemed to close in around. It was strange... a shadowy world in a winter wonderland. Nightwind stopped at the frozen river and was startled to see a big hunk of ice float pass him. As he looked, more ice chunks glided by the swirling river. Find a line of stepping stones, Nightwind hurried along to the other side of the river. The tall pine trees on this side of the forest made day seem like night. Nightwind shivered. He hoped to cross it soon. He couldn't wait to return to camp, to see his loving mate and his young kits. Suddenly Nightwind stopped. What was that noise? He couldn't hear it anymore. Probably snow falling from the trees, he though to himself. He continued through the forest. He suddenly stopped again. He had a gut feeling that he was not alone in this forest. There was an malevolent presence here. The shadows seemed to be moving.
Suddenly terrified, Nightwind ran. He ran as if he flew through the trees. And he sensed him. He knew he was here. He was behind him. And his power was unstoppable.
Nightwind's vision flashed of a sudden red, he stumbled, and his vision faded to black.

Meanwhile..
Wolves Are Attacking The Clans!
A harsh winter storm has just hit. Freezing temperatures, ice, snow, and very scarce prey. Food is hard to find. These conditions have made the wolves of a land far off quite desperate. These packs of canines have wandered into the clan lands searching for food..

The Cats of the Clans were catching what prey they could, minding their own business. Rumors of an evil ghost cat in the woods had been the talk of the camps for a few days already and was already troubling the Clans.

And then... this pack of wolves overtook the area overnight. They killed many cats who didn't flee or hide in time and stole freshkill from the camps. The wolves are believed to be hiding in the great caves somewhere on the IceClan mountain. They travel to the Clans to wreak havoc and destruction.
The Clan Leaders have come together in a Gathering to address this time of need.
What will your Clan do?
What will you do?

Extra Info For This Event:
Some Staff Members Will Be Playing As Members Of The Wolfpack!
Wolf Leader: Blizzard
Other Wolfpack Members:
Dragonclaw
Silverrain
Silversplash
Fang
CheeseStar

Last edited by Dragonclaw on December 16th 2011, 22:25; edited 3 times in total
Dragonclaw
Dragonclaw
Administrator
Administrator

Custom Rank : Technical Support
WarriorPoints : 8880
Male Posts : 712

Warrior Information
Attack Power : N/A

Back to top Go down

The Winter Of Shadows - Page 5 Empty Re: The Winter Of Shadows

Post by Wolfsong December 22nd 2011, 10:25

Wolfpaw had been out hunting by himself. His Mentor Sagedapple was still recovering from her wounds. Suddenly he picked up the strong smell of fish in the air. RiverClan!! He rushed over a hill and right before him was what seemed to be the entire clan coming out of the tunnels. There's so many of them!! I better find out what's going on. I probably should get some help though. But I can't let them just march through WindClan Territory unchallenged while I'm doing that. Deciding the only thing he could do was let out a loud yowl. At least they'll know I see them, and any border patrol nearby will come. Cautiously he made his decent down hill towards the large group of cats.
Wolfsong
Wolfsong
Loner

Custom Rank : The wolfiest cat eva
WarriorPoints : 4504
Male Posts : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx December 22nd 2011, 10:29

Brightstar looked warily around. "Streamfur, what--" She caught a gray cat--an apprentice-- padding up to them from a hill. Narrowing her eyes, Brightstar realized it was Wolfpaw. "Rowanpaw!" she called. "Take your littermates, and bring Wolfpaw over, alright?" She glanced anxiously at the forest, hoping the wolves wouldn't come on to the moor.
Nyx
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Custom Rank : 2bright4u
WarriorPoints : 38643
Female Posts : 6814

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 150,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 22nd 2011, 10:31

Rowanpaw yowled back, "Okay, Brightstar!" With Riverpaw and Icepaw scampering behind him, he bounded over to Wolfpaw. "Hi, Wolfpaw! Brightstar wants to talk to Honeystar, Wolves were attacking our camp, so we ran into the tunnels." Riverpaw peeked out from behind her brother and blinked at the WindClan apprentice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfsong December 22nd 2011, 10:44

Wolfpaw kept his gaze on Rowanpaw while noticing Riverpaw from the corner of his blue eye. Is that blood on her shoulder??! "Alright." He mewed in reply, "I guess you better come with me then."
Wolfsong
Wolfsong
Loner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 22nd 2011, 11:06

~Filling in for Brightstar since she went to her viola class~

Rowanpaw ran back to Brightstar, while Riverpaw lingered behind, and Icepaw padding slowly pack, eyeing the rabbits in the distance. "Wolfpaw wants us to go with him to WindClan camp," he announced. "Alright," Brightstar agreed. "RiverClan! We are traveling to Windclan camp now, until we find a way to get rid of the wolves."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfsong December 22nd 2011, 11:47

Wolfpaw was relieved that Riverpaw was not too seriously hurt. He quietly looked at her while her brothers went back to report to Brightstar. "Well, since we'll be heading to the camp, do you want to walk beside me as I lead the way?" he asked softly.
Wolfsong
Wolfsong
Loner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 22nd 2011, 11:55

"Okay," she mewed. Rubbing her cheek against his, Riverpaw meowed, "the wolves haven't bother WindClan yet, have they?" She glanced back at her Clan as Brightstar started yowling something.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfsong December 22nd 2011, 12:08

"Well..." Wolfpaw was about to reply when he hesitated. She's is still from a rival clan. No matter how much I feel for her. I can't just tell her that my clan has been weakened by the wolves. But...I am leading them to the camp. So they will find out the truth anyways. Finally [what seemed like forever to Wolfpaw], he made a slight nod with his head and whispered "Yes, they have." Looking up he noticed that the rest of RiverClan was now moving towards them.
Wolfsong
Wolfsong
Loner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 22nd 2011, 12:13

Riverpaw looked worried. "Was it bad? Then Honeystar won't appreciate you welcoming the whole of RiverClan into his camp. Maybe you should tell him first." And the rest of WindClan won't freak out as badly when we go traipsing into their camp.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 22nd 2011, 12:21

Fernleaf padded over to Echosong and Frostleaf. "Thank you, Echosong," Fernleaf mewed gratefully. "The herbs will be a great help! Are you low on any herbs yourself?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdstar December 22nd 2011, 13:20

Applefur tasted the air and tasting a strong smell of fish. "RiverClan." She mumbled narrowing her eyes. "I'll be back in a second." She mewed to the others and dipping her head respectfully to the two medicine cats. "Can I come?" Iceflight asked smiling. Applefur nodded and the two she cats raced toward the scent of fish. Applefur stopped with Iceflight behind her. They stood on a small hill seeing the patrol of RiverClan cats. Applefur's eyes widened.
Birdstar
Birdstar
WindClan Warrior
WindClan Warrior

Custom Rank : 2 Birdyful 4 U
WarriorPoints : 7809
Female Posts : 2125

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 42,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx December 22nd 2011, 13:40

Brightstar looked up and saw Applefur standing on top of a small hill. "Greetings, Applefur!" Brightstar called. Then she winced as she heard the howl of a wolf. Great StarClan.
Nyx
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdstar December 22nd 2011, 13:48

"Greetings!" Applefur called curiosity pricking at her pelt. She raced down toward the patrol with Iceflight at her heels. Applefur padded up to Brightstar dipping her head respectfully. "What brings you and RiverClan here. It seems you have brought your whole clan." Applefur mewed tilting her head slightly. Hearing the howl, it felt like her veins were suddenly made of ice and she clawed at the springy grass uneasily.
Birdstar
Birdstar
WindClan Warrior
WindClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfsong December 22nd 2011, 13:55

"So much for telling Honeystar first." Wolfpaw mumbled. Hearing the wolves howl made Wolfpaw to instinctively place himself between Riverpaw and the sound. Mouse-brain!! What are you doing that for? What will everyone think seeing you act like that. It's not like you can actually do anything if the wolves do come.. Loosening his tail's grip [which was wrapped around Riverpaw's neck and shoulder] he walked up to the WindClan Deputy and mewed. "The wolves have attacked RiverClan's Camp. I brought them here, so Brightstar could talk with Honeystar, and they would have somewhere to stay. Is that alright?" Hot embarrassment seemed to warm his body in the cold Leafbare wind, as he looked back to see the numerous RiverClan cats that were waiting behind him.
Wolfsong
Wolfsong
Loner

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx December 22nd 2011, 14:04

"I'm sorry to come abruptly, Applefur," Brightstar meowed respectfully."But we were in kind of a hurry."

~Filling in for Riverpaw, 'cause she's Rowanpaw-that-is-training right now.~

Riverpaw felt slightly disappointed as Wolfpaw moved away from her. The moor wind whipped at her fur, making her shiver, and the wolf's howl just made her want to dive in a rabbit-hole and hide. Riverpaw glanced around, and inched closer to her father, Stonestream.
Nyx
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdstar December 22nd 2011, 14:06

Applefur saw Wolfpaw from the corner of her eye. Applefur then mewed, "Its fine with me. The clans should unite at a time of need to fight these wolves." Applefur then turned to Brightstar. "Dont worry about it. We need to hurry back to camp. once we get to camp we can go and talk to Honeystar to see what he thinks but I assure you, we will regain your territory and kick those wolves out." Applefur mewed with a smile unsheathing her claws. Iceflight nodded and stood beside Applefur staying silent.
Birdstar
Birdstar
WindClan Warrior
WindClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx December 22nd 2011, 14:12

"A good plan," Brightstar agreed. "Should we go now? My warriors are unaccustomed to the open plain, where the wind sweeps unbroken." She glanced at her apprentice, who was ducking behind Stonestream.
Nyx
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdstar December 22nd 2011, 14:17

Applefur nodded. "Of course." She mewed dipping her head respectfully to the RiverClan leader. Leading the way back to camp, Applefur padded beside Brightstar toward the camp. She heard howl after howl nearby where RiverClan territory was and with each howl made her fur bristle and her steps stiffen even more. Applefur longed to get back to camp. She wanted to check up on her kits. Oh I hope they are alright. She thought worry pricking at her pelt.
Birdstar
Birdstar
WindClan Warrior
WindClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx December 22nd 2011, 14:20

Brightstar gritted her teeth at every howl. The fur lifted along her spine, and she flinched at every noise. "Could Mossheart and Streamfur bring their kits to your nursery?" Brightstar asked after a moment.
Nyx
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfsong December 22nd 2011, 14:33

Wolfpaw listened in on the conversation between Applefu and Brightstar as they approached the camp entrance. The continuous howls made all his long fur bristle end-on-end until he appeared twice his size. He looked over to see Riverpaw walking alongside her father. His black ears drooped as he felt a pang of nostalgia and regret. He slowed his pace down until they had caught up with him. Walking beside her he gave a slight purr of reassurance."Don't worry. I'll make sure you feel welcomed in WindClan Camp. And we will get your home back as well." This last remark, the pupils in his eyes narrowed into tiny slits so that they became two menacing orbs of ice-blue and yellow-green.
Wolfsong
Wolfsong
Loner

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdstar December 22nd 2011, 14:38

Applefur smiled and mewed. "Of course. The dens are very warm and barely any of the moor wind gets in the dens." Applefur mewed reassuringly. They soon came to the camp entrance and Applefur padded into camp and called, "Honeystar!"
Birdstar
Birdstar
WindClan Warrior
WindClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 22nd 2011, 14:41

Riverpaw purred. "Thanks, Wolfpaw. I haven't seen Maplepaw, Honeypaw, Cranepaw, Peachpaw, and Moonpaw since I was a kit!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Honeystar December 22nd 2011, 14:48

Honeystar padded out of his den and [to his amazement] watched as all of RiverClan entered into the camp with Applefur, Iceflight and Wolfpaw. "What's going on?" he asked surprisingly to Applefur, when another set of howls could be heard from RiverClan Territory. As if the howls were an answer to his question, he turned to Brightstar, and nodded. "Your Clan is welcomed to our camp. Aplefur will see to their care while we talk about what we need to do about those wolves."
Honeystar
Honeystar
WindClan Warrior
WindClan Warrior

Custom Rank : The Sweetest Leader
WarriorPoints : 10426
Male Posts : 2451

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 25,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Streamstar December 22nd 2011, 14:50

As so as they arrived at the Windclan camp, Streamfur's kits rushed into the nusery, finding it by following the milk scent. "I better go with them." Streamfur meowed, "I'll be in the nusery if you need me." Soon she dissappeared into the nusery with her kits. I hope the wolves haven't destoryed our nusery. Streamfur thought worridly.
Streamstar
Streamstar
RiverClan Leader
RiverClan Leader

Custom Rank : The CodeMaster
WarriorPoints : 8422
Female Posts : 2834

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 75,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx December 22nd 2011, 14:51

"Thank you, Honeystar," Brightstar meowed. She nodded at Applefur, and added, "Riverpaw has a shoulder wound, and it would be great if Fernleaf could treat it." Then Brightstar turned back to Honeystar. "The two biggest Clans in the forest with a dog as well. Let's get rid of these wolves."
Nyx
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content