Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

I need your help! Summer reading Banner10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

I need your help! Summer reading Banner10

Warrior Cats Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need your help! Summer reading

+5
FabFur
Frost
Nyx
Pinewhisker
Noxe
9 posters

Go down

I need your help! Summer reading Empty I need your help! Summer reading

Post by Noxe July 17th 2012, 15:41

In my school district we have to read a book over the summer, and when we return we do work on it. (I believe Brightstar is doing this too)
Please tell me which books you think are good, or comment about the ones I'm considering!

Books I'm considering:

Divergent
Evermore
Incarceron

Last edited by Maplestream on July 18th 2012, 15:13; edited 1 time in total
Noxe
Noxe
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Custom Rank : veteran
WarriorPoints : 13243
Female Posts : 3294

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 150,000

Back to top Go down

I need your help! Summer reading Empty Re: I need your help! Summer reading

Post by Pinewhisker July 17th 2012, 15:53

Flawed Dogs
That' my favorite book c:
Or The 101 Dalmations! I love that too
Pinewhisker
Pinewhisker
RiverClan Warrior
RiverClan Warrior

Custom Rank : I'm back~
WarriorPoints : 5178
Female Posts : 768

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 25,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx July 17th 2012, 16:18

Evermore is a nice book! But rather creepy. Dark Yes! Read Divergent. Very Happy I've read that too.

-Incarceron
- Tempest Rising
- Matched
-Call of the Wild
-The Mind Readers (if you don't mind the occasional cursing)
-Smokeless Fire (If you don't mind lots of cursing...)
- Wreath
Nyx
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Custom Rank : 2bright4u
WarriorPoints : 38622
Female Posts : 6814

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Noxe July 17th 2012, 16:33

Pssh I've read Call of the Wild already. And the reading teacher assigned us The Outsiders and the English teacher assigned us Dark Thicket so I guess I'm used to cussing Razz
Brightstar do you have to do summer reading?
Noxe
Noxe
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost July 17th 2012, 17:10

Oh I heard that Divergent is a nice book according to my friends.

Here are some of my suggestions (I APPROVE!) Razz

- Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare
- Infernal Devices Series by Cassandra Clare
- Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher (READ THIS!) Very Happy
- Trylle Triology by Amanda Hocking
- Starters by Lissa Price

Frost
Frost
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Custom Rank : Fab
WarriorPoints : 25604
Female Posts : 4113

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 100,000

Back to top Go down

Post by FabFur July 17th 2012, 17:29

Ooh. I read some good books :O

~ Kiki Strike
~The Empress's Tomb (Kiki Strike Book)
~ Percy Jackson Books 8D
~ My Sister the Vampire Series
~ This Totally Bites!
~ At First Bite
~ Midnight Howl
~ Curiousity Killed the Cat

So far that's all I can think of xD
FabFur
FabFur
RiverClan Senior Warrior
RiverClan Senior Warrior

Custom Rank : Koolest Kat !!!
WarriorPoints : 6983
Female Posts : 1133

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 15,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Legendflower July 17th 2012, 17:47

I read books with a lot of cursing and stuff, so.. Can't really say them here. Sweat

-Call of the Wild ^_^
-Homer's Odyssey (don't remember if there's cursing or not...)
-Dewie (don't remember any cursing...but I read it a while ago)
-The Sight (not done with it yet!)
-The Nine Lives of Chloe King (don't recommend it)
-Tye Twilight Saga (I was THAT bored! o.o Occasional cursing)
-The Hunger Games 8D
And many more..
Legendflower
Legendflower
Loner

Custom Rank : Blaze
WarriorPoints : 5693
Female Posts : 601

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraway July 17th 2012, 18:09

these are from Snowdapple's stack of summer books:
Beat the Band
Swim the Fly
Someone Like You
Caraway
Caraway
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Custom Rank : Behind the Mask
WarriorPoints : 33778
Female Posts : 5555

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Noxe July 18th 2012, 14:22

Thanks guys! These books look cool. I've read Hunger Games and Percy Jackson already.
Could you please include a brief summary for each book? I can't judge a book by its cover(title) Razz
Noxe
Noxe
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx July 18th 2012, 14:50

-Incarceron
Incarceron is a futuristic prison and an artificial world—a living artificial world run by Incarceron, an artificial intelligence. This tireless, inhuman "overlord" controls all life as it monitors inmates by means of cameras that appear as glowing red lights and dispenses punishment and death on a daily basis without mercy. Escape from Incarceron is a concept which few believe in, except those who insist that Sapphique, the legendary Sapient, has in fact achieved this very act.
Initially, the intent of Incarceron’s creators, the Sapienti, was to incarcerate all the criminals in the world and repair their morals to form a perfect society, controlled with the help of the Prison entity "Incarceron". The prisoners and seventy Sapienti inside were sealed off from the world in order to control all variables in this experiment, with the exception of the prison Warden to oversee the project. However, after years of isolation and the failure of the perfect society, those inside have no way to seek help or escape when the Warden abandons the experiment’s aims. Incarceron is actually a world compressed into a silver cube which the Warden owns. Everything in it is nanoscopic.

Tempest Rising
Tempest Maguire wants nothing more than to surf the killer waves near her California home; continue her steady relationship with her boyfriend, Mark; and take care of her brothers and surfer dad. But Tempest is half mermaid, and as her seventeenth birthday approaches, she will have to decide whether to remain on land or give herself to the ocean like her mother. The pull of the water becomes as insistent as her attraction to Kai, a gorgeous surfer whose uncanny abilities hint at an otherworldly identity as well. And when Tempest does finally give in to the water’s temptation and enters a fantastical underwater world, she finds that a larger destiny awaits her—and that the entire ocean’s future hangs in the balance.

Matched
Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate... until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black.

The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow.

The Mind Readers
Cameron can reads minds, her friend’s don’t know that she’s a freak, and she’s too aware of it. When a mysterious stranger shows up in her hometown to shed some light on her past, and show her what her future could be should she join him, she is only too eager to find a place to belong. But as all things that are too good to be true, it may not be worth the cost.

Smokeless Fire
When eighteen year old Ari Johnson is transported from her bedroom into the chilling realm of Mount Qaf - home to the terrifying and mercurial Jinn - she learns a truth that rocks her very world. Suddenly her anxiety over college and her broken friendship with Charlie seem like small change compared to the war she now finds herself stuck in the middle of. Her unease isn’t lessened any by the hot guardian, Jai, who won’t stop following her around everywhere - a Jinn whose loyalty Ari hates to question but must. She has no idea who she can trust.

When the truth burns through her life in its determination to turn it to ashes, Ari will have to battle with ancient deadly creatures, epic family drama and heart-wrenching romantic entanglements.
Nyx
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Noxe July 18th 2012, 15:12

That's not "brief" Cat Tongue Razz
Incarceron looks good. I think I'll add that to what I might pick
Brightstar are you doing Summer Reading too?
Noxe
Noxe
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx July 18th 2012, 15:16

Yeah, I'm doing Summer Reading. I'm getting lots of books before I go to China this year. Tongue That was the briefest I could go. >.> There was a lot longer one.
Nyx
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Noxe July 18th 2012, 15:21

Oh cool. You should read Wild Magic by Tamora Pierce. It's about a young girl, Daine, who's on the road looking for a job with horses. She's always understood animals, and now she heals a bunch of birds that would have died, plus a hawk who's really a human named Numair. Numair teaches her about magic. Pedophilia warning >.>
Noxe
Noxe
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraway July 18th 2012, 16:28

Beat the Band and Swim the Fly are th same series. Swim the Fly is about these guys who really want to see a naked girl, do they do stuff to try and achieve that, but thy kinda fail Razz Beat the Band is about some lind pf contest i think but its funny. oh and I got the wrong book for Someone Like You; it's Sand Dollar Summer I'm talking about. It's a sad, girly book about a girl who struggles to regain control of her life.

Fat Cat is also really funny. It's about a girl who's really sarcastic and stuff and her boyfriend dumped her, so she wants to take revenge Bite
Caraway
Caraway
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Custom Rank : Behind the Mask
WarriorPoints : 33778
Female Posts : 5555

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Asterismos July 18th 2012, 18:35

NO, DON'T LISTEN TO CHEESESTAR. SHE HASN'T READ THEM.

Okay, Swim the Fly was pretty accurate. Beat the Band is about a guy getting paired up with the school's most teased pariah or something and he tries to get his friends (same people as Swim the Fly) to help him win the Battle of the Bands. And they get into a lot of trouble.

I'm currently reading Someone Like You but it's not very interesting so I'm going to try a different Sarah Dessen book.

Sand Dollar Summer is short but it's powerful. I liked it a lot and when I was reading in class, about three other people came up to me and said it was a good book. It's about a girl going to live by the beach but she hates it until she learns more about it, basically.

Fat Cat is about a fat girl who got her heart broken by her best friend (guy) and she wants to take revenge by getting slimmer and dating other guys. Yeah. It's revolves around a science project that she kind of turns into a diet. It's really funny. I think it's probably my favourite book.

OH BUT. The Scorpio Races is an amazing book. I had to read it in one sitting. It's tied with Fat Cat, actually. They're different genres but they're both so good. The Scorpio Races is about killer horses (sounds weird, yeah) but it's really amazing. It's about an island and the races that involve killer horses from the sea and this year a girl will be participating for the first time because only men have raced. Yeah, it sounds a bit cliché but it's fantastic.

The Sky is Everywhere is also a really nice book. It's very poetic and it's about dealing with loss. I think I'll have to buy it soon.

I have a summer reading list too ^^
Asterismos
Asterismos
Loner

Custom Rank : Sweet and Elite
WarriorPoints : 7833
Female Posts : 156

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 50,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Noxe July 19th 2012, 10:43

Haha I'll listen to both of you.
Swim the Fly sounds... Atypical O.o
The Scorpio Races sounds really good Smile
Noxe
Noxe
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Illusionsnow July 19th 2012, 10:52

Lily's Crossing is a pretty interesting book. Smile Its about a girl called Lily Mollahan who always spends her summers at Rockaway Beach, New York, with her father and grandmother. She has no memories of her mother, who died when Lily was only a few years old. She always looks forward to going to this place, where she can relax with her best friend Margaret. But the year the book takes place is 1944, when World War II is in its climax. Margaret and her family move away, and her father enlists in the army. Her loneliness is lessened when she meets the orphaned Hungarian refugee Albert, who left his younger sister Ruth behind in Europe. Lily and Albert become friends, but Lily tells a lie that puts his life in danger.

I Am Number Four is also a great book. This follows the story of John Smith, a 15-year-old alien from the planet Lorien, and Henri, his guardian Cêpan, as they run from the Mogadorians, another alien race that is hunting John and eight other teenage Lorics residing on the planet Earth. These nine teens are members of the Garde, a group of Loric people gifted with special powers called "Legacies." Cêpans, who are also Loric, do not acquire legacies and most often become protectors and mentors for young members of the Garde. The teenagers are protected by a spell or charm that only allows them to be killed in numeric order. The first three have been killed, and John is Number Four.
The book opens with the death of Number Three. Number Four is introduced under the alias Daniel Jones as he leaves Florida. Four has three circular scars which begin on his right outer leg, just above his ankle, and move upward along his outer calf. Each signifies the deaths of Numbers One, Two, and Three, and burn with blue fire when they appear. These scars are present on all the Lorien teenagers, and with each death, another scar appears. Henri, Four's Cêpan (guardian), tells him they are going to Paradise, Ohio. Henri produces a new identity for Four, giving him the name "John Smith."
Tired of running, John says that he wants to begin to make a life for himself. Henri reminds him why they run, and the conversation ends. John begins to attend the local high school where he meets the beautiful Sarah Hart, a junior. He also meets her ex-boyfriend Mark James, who immediately begins to pick on John. John stands up to him, the first time he has ever stood up to anybody.

I hope you have fun with your summer reading! ^^
Illusionsnow
Illusionsnow
Loner

Custom Rank : Phantom Vision
WarriorPoints : 4832
Female Posts : 8

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 20,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content