Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

-SEE SAW-  Banner10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

-SEE SAW-  Banner10

Warrior Cats Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

-SEE SAW-

2 posters

Go down

-SEE SAW-  Empty -SEE SAW-

Post by Pinewhisker November 30th 2011, 15:16

I'm going to do this fanfiction in my freetime. Usualy when I'm not doing my Graphic Novel. I hope this doesn't fail like my other fanfics. I'm not asking for a ton of popularity, just a few posts after each chapter. This post will be used for updates, characters and such.

No prophecy. No warning. Yet Ivypaw finds herself in the middle of the battle between StarClan and Dark Forest. It's up to her to stop it before the clans are lost. Two cats are coming to her in dreams, speaking of plans, teaching her, and describing hatred towards the other world. The apprentice must get the help of her mentor if she is to save them. Follow the troubled apprentice is See Saw.

Index

Post 1: Updates, Characters, Links
Post 2: Chapters 1-10
Post 3: Chapters 11-20
Post 4: Epilogue and such

Updates and News

See Saw was created

1/4 of See Saw is completed!

Characters

Ivypaw- A WindClan apprentice. White with dusty grey patches. Patches have dark grey spotted tabby markings in them. Green/amber eyes.

Snowshine- A WindClan warrior. Snowshoe cat with light lavander/blue eyes.

Ravenstar- WindClan leader. Black with a silver tail tip. Dark blue eyes.

Silverstep- A DarkForest warrior. White with light silvery paws. Apple green eyes.

Tigerpetal- A StarClan warrior. A dark brown tabby with a white chin. Blazing amber eyes.

Webpaw- A very odd WindClan apprentice. Black with yellow eyes and a lime green ring around his pupil.

Sparrowtail- A WindClan warrior. Light brown tabby with a black tail tip. Dark green eyes.

Nightpaw- A young WindClan apprentice and Ravenstar's kit. Black with amber eyes.

Goldenstar- ThunderClan leader. A pale cat with yellow eyes.

Juniperfoot- WindClan deputy. A bright torbie with dark blue eyes.

Other characters coming soon.

Last edited by Sorrelsoul on January 1st 2012, 13:27; edited 2 times in total
Pinewhisker
Pinewhisker
RiverClan Warrior
RiverClan Warrior

Custom Rank : I'm back~
WarriorPoints : 5220
Female Posts : 768

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 25,000

Back to top Go down

-SEE SAW-  Empty Chapters 1-10

Post by Pinewhisker November 30th 2011, 15:17

-Chapter 1-

-SEE SAW-  FFpOn
She stepped on the faded grey line that separated the two worlds. The young cat kept walking along and following it thinking deeply about her troubles. A fern leaf that stuck out tickled her nose. The white-and-grey she-cat tried to hold back a sneeze but it just came out in a monstrous noise. The power of the sneeze blasted fern spores into the air. The cat swiped one off her nose and cautiously gazed around. She caught a glimpse of shining amber eyes, looking at her hungrily and seeming to have a thirst for blood. Ivypaw's heart quickened and her stomach shot into her throat. A tabby cat casually padded over to her. "What are you doing here, Ivypaw?" her white chin looked like a moss ball being thrown around.

The apprentice giggled. The tabby cat's eyes darted around. "What's so funny? A tree? A boulder?" Ivypaw just stared at her. Apparently, the warrior was unaware that she was laughing at her.

"Nothing, sir..." she mewed to her. The amber-eyed cat gently cuffed her ear. Her eyes seem to say, 'I'm not a tom cat. You silly goose.' Ivypaw nodded.

"So what are you doing here? So close to the Dark Forest border." Ivypaw shivered at the word but couldn't help but look over her shoulder at the dark kingdom. She turn back to Tigerpetal and fixed her gaze on her.

"I followed your scent, Tigerpetal," she replied shakily. Tigerpetal's ear flicked and her whiskers twitched. Her eyes slowly narrowed.

"Well, you better be getting home to WindClan." Tigerpetal bounded off into the starry white sea of trees. When she was out of an earshot, Ivypaw spoke.

"StarClan. That place makes me sick!" she hissed softly. She looked over her shoulder again. "Hey, Silentstep." A small, thin white tom padded out of the brambles from Dark Forest's side of the border. His silver paws left a grey color where he stepped.

"Greetings, Ivypaw. Those StarClan cats are so STUPID, aren't they?!" Silentstep meowed coldly.

Ivypaw tried not to make eye contact. "They aren't so bad..."

"ARE YOU ON THEIR SIDE??! Who are you going to trust a THUNDERCLAN cat or a cat from your own clan?!" Silentstep hissed, getting in her face. She was nearly as tall as him but she knew he was more experienced. Ivypaw shook her head quickly. She didn't really know. Dark Forest was evil and StarClan was good. But there was something she didn't like about StarClan. Was it the perfectness of everything? Or how boring it was? Anyhow, she was stuck in the middle of the two enemy realms. "Good. Now, go and rest." Ivypaw was surprised, usually the tom would train her in her dreams.

"Um. Okay?" She slowly felt herself wake up. The soft breeze of the moor ruffled her fur. It made her shiver a little. She light sunk her claws into the earth. She pulled up a few blades of short grass and dirt. She opened her eyes. 'Still midnight,' she thought sleepily. Ivypaw got up. The air smelled of rabbit and strong grass. She lumbered across camp. Water was her only thought. She padded on the short, spiky grass to the RiverClan border. Ivypaw stepped along the bank of the river. She let the water touch her pads and swell up to her toes. Ivypaw took a deep breath and looked down. The river now came up to her dew claw and her white fur was light grey under the water. She wanted to collapse in the water right then and take a swim and let the water cradle her. It's sweet and flowing tickled her scent glands. She laid down on the river bank with her head between her paws. She dozed away into a light sleep. She did not remember how long she was there but she awoke to the sunlight shining through her eyelids.

-Chapter 2-

-SEE SAW-  MRQK7

Webpaw was the oddest cat in all of WindClan history. He always tapped his rabbit all around before eating it and seemed to love spiders, he even caught a fly for one a few times. "They're living things, too," he had always said. But the worst thing was his snoring. Well, you wouldn't call it a snore. It was more of a mix between a snort, a cough, and a wheeze. And that was what Ivypaw awoke to that morning. It was two sunrises so from her night walk. Ivypaw was twisting and turning on the wet short grass. She heard the loud snores of Webpaw. She flattened her ears with her paws and looked over. Webpaw, sleeping soundly, was back-to-back with her. Ivypaw was disgusted at the drowsy smile on his face. She sat up. Webpaw's ear flicked. "Ivypaw?" meowed the black cat.

Ivypaw stood completely still. Webpaw shifted his paws and slowly got up from his spot. The two cats were standing shoulder-to-shoulder. Ivypaw scooted over an inch before saying, "Hello?" The tom cat purred.

"At least you're here. All the apprentices left because they think my snoring is cursed! Ha!" Ivypaw flinched with guilt. She had started that rumor. "So, how are you?"

Ivypaw was unprepared for this. A few moments passed before she mewed. "Okay, I guess." Webpaw purred again.

"Did you see Foxpaw's catch yesterday? That rabbit was HUGE!" Ivypaw giggled a bit. She didn't know why.

"Yep. But you should've seen what I caught last night! I caught that big vole at the top of the pile." She stood up and started to walk out. Ivypaw wasn't surprised when she heard paw steps from behind.

"Well," Webpaw started. "It was impressive... but..."

"But what? What was wrong, Webpaw?" Ivypaw was eager to know her flaw. Even if it came from WindClan's top geek. Her and Webpaw kept walking until he said,

"Well, the technique you used was effective, but the pieces of leaf showed that you kicked up leaves during the kill. That could scare prey..." Soon the two cats found themselves wound up in an interesting conversation about hunting techniques.

Further in the day, the two were closing up the topic with the conclusion that rabbits were easier to catch than mice. "Webpaw, shouldn't we be training?" Ivypaw finally realized they had been talking for a while and were near ThunderClan border.

Webpaw laughed. "Didn't you know? We have a day off of training!" Ivypaw nodded.

"So how you spend your free time?" she asked. Webpaw shrugged his shoulders.

"Not much. I help spiders and did you know-" He was interrupted yet again by the she-cat.

"They're living things, too? Yes, Webpaw I did," she sweetly answered.

"You?" Webpaw meowed. Both of Ivypaw's ears went back 40 degrees.

"What?" she replied, puzzled.

"What do you do in your free time?"

"Oh, I don't know....." Ivypaw lied.

-Chapter 3 -

Ravenstar’s eyes pierced Snowshine’s skin as she walked to join the patrol with Ivypaw, Juniperfoot, Sparrowtail and Nightpaw. She shivered at his emotionless, glazed gaze. He still didn’t trust her. After all she had proven he still doubted her. Snowshine shook it off and started a conversation with Sparrowtail as the five cats went out into the open moor.

“We better check the ThunderClan border,” suggested Sparrowtail. “Goldenstar has been tricky lately. “ Nightpaw and Juniperfoot nodded. So did Snowshine. Ivypaw was the only one who said, “Yes.” Sparrowtail lead the way to the small piece of forest an ancient cat named Firestar gave to a WindClan leader, Onestar, long ago. Snowshine never understood why Firestar would give up such great land. They caught many mice there. As well as birds. Maybe Onestar helped Firestar and it was a gift. Her mind slowly ceased giving possible reasons and answers about the small forest’s past to her. Her senses flickered back to the border patrol. Juniperfoot was marking the borders. Ivypaw was showing Nightpaw how to track and were sniffing for ThunderClan cats. Sparrowtail sat on a small rock. All his paws were tucked tightly in the middle. His tail wrapped around his paws half way before drooping to the side. He stared off into the forest. Snowshine circled around the rock to face him. The warrior’s eyes obliviously showed that he was in deep thought.

Soon, Juniperfoot and the apprentices came over. Sparrowtail was still staring off. “Ahem,” Nightpaw spoke up. “Mister Sparrowtail, it’s time to move along now.” Juniperfoot was about to cuff Nightpaw’s ears before Sparrowtail responded.

“Yes. Time to move on.” The tomcat quickly twisted his head from the direction he was looking at. He hopped from the small rock and joined the others. Snowshine was walking in the middle, with the apprentices. She saw a rabbit nibbling on the grass a few fox lengths away. Before she could dart after it, Ivypaw was hot on its trail. The rabbit and cat twisted and turned, swerving closer to the forest. Snowshine held her breath. Ivypaw was slowing down. Suddenly, she collapsed onto her side. The rabbit sped into the trees. Ivypaw slowly got up. “Do you have it, Nightpaw?” Nightpaw emerged from the trees. She had the rabbit in her jaws. It was still alive and struggling. The black cat bit hard into its neck. It went limp. “See! I told you it would work! Great catch!” It WAS a good-sized rabbit. It was too big but it wasn’t too small either.

Juniperfoot praised the two and Snowshine looked over at Sparrowtail. He was looking into the trees again. Towards ThunderClan. At that moment Snowshine knew what was bothering Sparrowtail.

-Chapter 4-

It was Tigerpetal who greeted Ivypaw on the warm summer night. She sighed. The weather was perfect in StarClan. Too perfect. Though it did relieve her to be away from the itching heat. Tigerpetal helped her up from the soft grass. "We are having a meeting, Ivypaw. All apprentices are to come. Let us go," she meowed in a cold tone. Ivypaw nodded. Tigerpetal blinked and turned. The starry cat started walking north, towards the slight breeze that blew along StarClan territory. Ivypaw followed. She tried to stay at her side the whole time, matching paw for paw. Tigerpetal walked until they reached a bare clearing lined with dark red sorrel. Ivypaw looked around. There was no one there.

While Ivypaw was standing in the clearing, searching for a sign of life, Tigerpetal snuck behind her. She used her head to push Ivypaw's hindquarters. "Not here," she mewed. Ivypaw nodded. Tigerpetal gave her a look. "And no more nodding. You shall yes and no. Not 'maybe.'" Ivypaw was taken aback. She was about to nod but stopped herself.

"Yes," she meowed nervously. She had never seen Tigerpetal like this. Of course, there was only one time. When she had first seen Tigerpetal. Ivypaw had winced at the hideous black scar running down her chest to her belly. Tigerpetal scolded her and told her never to flinch when she looked at a warrior's wound and Ivypaw never did.

Tigerpetal pushed her again, breaking her from her thoughts. "Go," she ordered. Ivypaw sighed and walked slowly across the clearing. She pushed past crimson sorrel leaves which tickled her nose. The apprentice grunted as a bright light blinded her. Her eyes had gotten used to the dim light of the clearing and she sharpened her senses but now they were shattered. Until she got used to the light, she felt vulnerable.

A young tabby greeted them with a quaint nod. She lead them to a circle of cats. "Go join the other apprentices," she meowed in her surprisingly raspy voice. Ivypaw blinked. She had thought Tigerpetal meant apprentices as in clan cats in training but here in the circle were cats of all sizes. She saw plenty of warriors, old and new, but most of the cats were apprentices. She took a deep breath before strolling over to them. On her way she saw Violetclaw, a middle aged warrior from her own clan. The she-cat's sleek black paws shuffled, showing their purplish tint. Ivypaw focused on the apprentices. "Hey!" she greeted the group of turned heads. Then, one after the other, they turned. Some glared coldly at her. Other gazes were nervous and some were happy and gleeful. "Hello!" one of the apprentices replied and soon all of them were speaking to the newcomer. Ivypaw guess she was one of the older apprentices, seeing that most were small than her. Ivypaw talked with the older of the group and hissed when the younger cats pounced on her tail like kits.

Then she felt a tap on her shoulder. "Hey." It was the tabby that was the first to speak to her. "It's starting. The meeting." She turned her head towards a large flat rock the was jutting out of the smooth clearing. Tigerpetal, the silver tabby, a white cat with ginger spots, and a pale golden tabby sat on the edge, scanning all of the cats anxiously.

"Attention!" the pale tabby cat yowled. Her voice lingered a while after everyone was silenced. "Dark Forest is about to launch their second attack!" The silver grey growled and pulled her to the side of the rock.

Second attack? Ivypaw had no idea there was a first one. She remembered tales of three legendary cats, each with a unique power. Once, with the help of clanmates, they defeated a terrible evil. Maybe the evil was Dark Forest. Had Ivypaw been training with the killers of THAT many cats? The silver cat's raspy voice brought her back to reality.

"Sorry, everyone! I told Dawnstripe that was NOT the way to start a meeting," she announced, glaring Dawnstripe from over her shoulder. "I am Ivypool, for those who do not know. We are here to discuss Dark Forest's plans. I, like many others here, was killed in the first battle. Luckily, we won, but lost many of our kind. Such as Bluestar, Smokepaw, and Riverstar." A few cats sniffled but it stopped just as soon as it started. "Now. Ivypaw, will you come up?" Ivypaw froze. Her fur stood on it's end and stiffened. Her eyes glazed over and all the cats in front of her were blurred. Her pelt felt hot as a few apprentices nudged her. She gulped with she hopped up on the rock.

"Yes, Ivypool, M'am." The white and ginger cat chuckled. Her good eye was squeezed to stop her watery eye from showing.

"Looks like we have two Ivy-'s here. Maybe Ravenstar will name you Ivypool too." Ivypool rolled her eyes.

"Grow up, Brightheart." The scarred she-cat stiffened and held her head up high. Finally she said, "Ivypaw, do you know Dark Forest's plans and who they are training?" Ivypaw felt like she would have died there on the spot. She probably wouldn't have been there though. Maybe Dark Forest. Or banished from the after-life.

Ivypool leaned close. Under great pressure, Ivypaw opened her mouth to speak.

-Chapter 5-

Nothing came out. "Ivypaw. Tell us what Dark Forest's plans are and who are the members of Dark Forest," Ivypool demanded. Ivypaw turned and stared at Tigerpetal with pleading eyes. Tigerpetal gave her a stare back but with the cold trance she had had all night. Ivypaw shivered.

"Ya' know.... Tigerstar... Darkstripe.. Hawkfrost..?" she answered. Though it was more of a question than an answer.

Dawnstripe gave her a questioning glance. "Tigerstar and Hawkfrost are gone. And Darkstripe was sent down to the clans or a second chance. I'll tell youwho's in Dark Forest, because you clearly can't tell us."

"Lionblaze, Heathertail, Mapleshade, Tigerheart, Berrynose, Blossomfall, Briarlight-"

"But half of those are ThunderClan! There should be more of those dirty pine dwellers!" a cat in the crowd shouted. Crystalnose of ShadowClan heard this remark and let out a great hiss.

"Exactly. Tigerstar realized who were the troubled cats in ThunderClan and nearly destroyed them. Half of them were unhappy and he made them feel welcome. Now do you want me to start with the trainees?" Ivypool hissed. She did it anyway. "Blackfur, Snowflight, Applefall, Sweetclaw, Sorrel-" Next to the rock, Violetclaw gasped.

"NO! Not her! Sorrelsoul's a good cat! She would never do anything wrong!" Violetclaw screeched.

"Violetclaw," Brightheart started to reassure. " Dark Forest has convinced her that she will be killed, that she will die unless she learns the necessary battle moves and defense moves from them. I know she is your friend...." As she continued to speak to the shocked she-cat, Ivypool started to speak again.

"Willoweye, Pigtail, Halfears, Fallenpaw, Cactuspaw, Birdpaw.... and-" She took a deep breath. Ivypool struggled to meow the next words in her speech. "I-i-i.." Ivypaw gulped. She knew the word the starry, see-through she-cat was about to say. She stepped in front of Ivypool. The grey tabby blinked when the apprentice lashed her tail out at her.

"Me," Ivypaw finished. She had tried to keep her voice steady but any cat could have seen through her trembling mew. And before she knew it, growls rose from the startled crowd. Cats of all sizes stalked towards the rock from all directions.

"Traitor!", "Spy!", and "Dark Forest filth!" were some of the retorts that were spat out. Ivypaw turned and spotted Tigerpetal talking with the other two cats. Her white chin slowly moved up and down as she whispered.

Ivypaw scrunched in a tight ball. Now the cats were at the foot at the rock. Brightheart and Dawnstripe's desperate directions were drowned in the yowls. "Wake up.. Wake up, Ivypaw... Ivypaw, wake up!" she shouted quietly to herself. Then the chaos stopped and Tigerpetal was staring down at her. Ivypaw blinked at the StarClan cats. The stars in her pelt shone brighter than ever before.

"We need to talk," she ordered. Tigerpetal grabbed Ivypaw by the scruff and hopped from the rock. The crowd parted silently and the dark tabby carried her through the isle.

-Chapter 6-

A streak of white and grey fur sailed through the cool forest air. Ivypaw landed hard on a rock. She was too dazed to look up. Ivypaw could only see the fern leaves bending down to help her up. She reached out her paw but it fell and landed with a small thud. "So, Ivytraitor, isn't StarClan just so stupid and perfect and dumb?!" Tigerpetal mewed in a high, mocking, sing-song tone above her. Her head swung side to side as she spoke, eyes closed. Then Tigerpetal's eyes snapped open and Ivypaw could sense their intensity even if the StarClan cat wasn't looking at her.

Her heart beat and breathing quicken when Tigerpetal knelt down and breathed into her ear. She could've yowled forever when Tigerpetal sunk her claws into Ivypaw's flank. But her cries were short and agonizing. Tigerpetal slowly pulled out her claws, which hurt her more. "Tigerpetal!!" The tabby held her breath then yank her long claws out of Ivypaw's flesh.

"What do you want?" she whined. Ivypaw grabbed onto a root with her teeth and pull herself up. She slumped on a mass of soft moss, her left leg splayed out. Her face suppressed a small grin full of pain and, yet, happiness at the same time. A familiar small thin tom slunk out from the bushes. His fur had leaves stuck in his pelt and a thorn shoved into his shoulder. He had a scar also. Just like Tigerpetal's, it started from the chest then stopped at the belly. The pus-lined, pale line was thinner than Tigerpetal's and white hairs were brushed over it hastily.

"I don't like it when you try to kill my apprentices," he started. Him and Tigerpetal circled around each other cautiously until Silverstep stopped in front of Ivypaw. Ivypaw had expected that when Silverstep grabbed her scruff, the grasp would be loose and caring. Instead, he quickly snatched her up like a fresh caught mouse. The teeth of the tom spread a cold poison through her veins. He circled Tigerpetal again before pelting toward the Dark Forest border. But he only stopped at the nearest shrub and dropped her. "Stay here," he ordered. Then Ivypaw was left heaving on her side, shocked.

"Take her!" she heard Tigerpetal scream. Ivypaw strained to hear the argument.

"I just did, you squirrel-face!" he retorted. Ivypaw silently rooted for him. Then Tigerpetal said something that shocked her.

"Fine. Ivypaw is my traitor. But she's your tool!" Tigerpetal hissed. "You're using her! You're using them all! Just like you're using Sorrelsoul to kill your enemies in ShadowClan. Applecurl was a good warrior! And you used Catcuspaw -a MEDICINE CAT for crying out loud- to burn RiverClan's herbs! And-!" Ivypaw froze and heard a loud, raspy cough. She fought the pain and stood up. She padded towards where Tigerpetal had explained Silverstep's tricks. She stepped in a liquid and it splattered all over her. Ivypaw looked down. Red stained her fur and Tigerpetal's quick breathing echoed through the forest.

"Tigerpetal..?" Ivypaw mewed. She walked up to the she-cat. She was in a pool of blood. Ivypaw knelt beside her and it wasn't long before her underbelly was soaked and red. "Are you alive?" Ivypaw was overjoyed when her mouth moved and her tongue lolled out but then she realized it wasn't a good thing.

"Well, of course I'm not!" she hissed. Her head shook up and down in the blood, spraying it everywhere. Ivypaw laugh as her white chin, and tounge, flew around in a flurry of white and dark pink. "I'm in StarClan!"

Ivypaw smiled. "But are you okay? Did... he do this?"

Tigerpetal frowned. "Yes. Ivypaw.. Go."

Ivypaw shook her head. "No. I cannot leave you." Tigerpetal pushed her away.

"He is coming, Ivypaw. Choose your side and fight. Find your friends and plan. Ivypaw, go to Snowshine and ask her about me. Ask her every troubling question." Ivypaw gave her a puzzled look.

"Uh. Goodbye then?" Ivypaw meowed. Tigerpetal nodded emotionlessly. Ivypaw nodded back and the StarClan world became black.

Last edited by Sorrelsoul on January 1st 2012, 13:28; edited 3 times in total
Pinewhisker
Pinewhisker
RiverClan Warrior
RiverClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

-SEE SAW-  Empty Chapters 11-20

So is this

Last edited by Sorrelsoul on November 30th 2011, 15:21; edited 1 time in total
Pinewhisker
Pinewhisker
RiverClan Warrior
RiverClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

-SEE SAW-  Empty Epilogue

Also this

Last edited by Sorrelsoul on November 30th 2011, 15:21; edited 1 time in total
Pinewhisker
Pinewhisker
RiverClan Warrior
RiverClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

-SEE SAW-  Empty Re: -SEE SAW-

Post by Pinewhisker November 30th 2011, 15:19

You may post
Pinewhisker
Pinewhisker
RiverClan Warrior
RiverClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrewfang November 30th 2011, 16:48

I love it! It`s so good! Good job, Sorrelsoul!
Shrewfang
Shrewfang
Loner

Custom Rank : Cutest Kit
WarriorPoints : 4443
Male Posts : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinewhisker November 30th 2011, 16:50

Thank you, Shrewkit!
Pinewhisker
Pinewhisker
RiverClan Warrior
RiverClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinewhisker December 14th 2011, 18:27

Chapter 5 is up! It took so long XD Hope you all like it!
Pinewhisker
Pinewhisker
RiverClan Warrior
RiverClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content