Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

Sign of the Stars Banner10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

Sign of the Stars Banner10

Warrior Cats Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sign of the Stars

+10
Aspenfern
lizardstripe
Greystripe
Skittlestream
Whitefire
Icestar of ShadowClan
Ivyshine
Nightfrost
Hazeldust
Nyx
14 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Sign of the Stars Empty Sign of the Stars

Post by Nyx February 21st 2011, 13:31

Book 1

Allegiances

ThunderClan

Leader: Pebblestar- sandy-grey she-cat with piercing yellow eyes
Deputy: Briarlight- dark brown she-cat with bright amber eyes
Medicine Cat: Jayfeather- small, grey tabby tom with blind blue eyes
Apprentice: Silverleaf (silver tabby she-cat)

Warriors:
Lionblaze- powerful golden tabby tom with amber eyes
Reedfeather- golden brown tom with green eyes and white patches on legs
Brightfern- ginger-and-white she-cat with green eyes
Sparrowpelt- dark brown tom with amber eyes and white chest and belly
Fernshade- light grey tabby she-cat with pale green eyes
Moonblossom- silvery-grey she-cat with amber eyes
Patchpelt- black-and-white tom with pale blue eyes
Dawnstripe- creamy she-cat with amber eyes and silvery stripes
Goldenleaf- golden tabby she-cat with pale green eyes
Thunderheart- golden tabby tom with amber eyes
Swiftfire- pale ginger she-cat with golden amber eyes
Oakstep- gray-brown tom with dark green eyes
Maplewhisker- golden brown tom with yellow eyes
Talonstrike- slender brown tom with piercing yellow-amber eyes
Spiderpelt- long-legged brown tom with amber eyes and white underbelly
Rowanfur- ginger tom with green eyes
Blossomfall- tortoiseshell-and-white she-cat with blue eyes
Daisytail- brown-and-white she-cat with stormy blue eyes
Stoneclaw- grey tabby tom with green eyes

Apprentices:
Silverleaf- silver tabby she-cat with green eyes; Jayfeather
Featherpaw-grey tabby she-cat with smoky blue eyes; Goldenleaf
Ivypaw-pale-grey-and-white she-cat with green eyes; Fernshade
Rockpaw- gray-brown tom with amber eyes; Sparrowpelt
Ripplepaw- blue-grey tabby she-cat with yellow eyes; Talonstrike
Rainpaw- pale grey-flecked dark grey tom with amber eyes; Thunderheart
Amberpaw- golden tabby she-cat with amber eyes; Rowanclaw
Rosepaw- reddish-brown she-cat with yellow eyes and white patches; Dawnstripe

Queens:
Poppycloud- ginger tabby she-cat with amber eyes; mother of Patchpelt’s kits; Leafkit (ginger-and-white tom), Driftkit (pale ginger tabby tom), and Larkkit (tortoiseshell she-cat)
Doveflight- silvery-grey she-cat with yellow eyes; mother of Thunderheart’s kits; Mothkit (dappled golden she-cat with yellow eyes) and Dapplekit (dappled tortoiseshell she-cat with amber eyes)

Elders:
Thornclaw- golden brown tom with green eyes
Aspentail- dark grey she-cat with friendly blue eyes
Mapleshade- golden-and-white she-cat with dark amber eyes

ShadowClan

Leader: Blackstar- massive white tom with blue eyes and black paws
Deputy: Rowanclaw- ginger tabby tom with yellow eyes
Medicine Cat: Littlecloud- small tabby tom with blue eyes ~ Flametail (ginger tom)

Warriors:
Oakfur- small brown tom ~ Ferretpaw (grey-and-white tom)
Smokefoot- grey tabby tom with stormy blue eyes
Toadfoot- dark tabby tom
Applefur- mottled brown she-cat with amber eyes
Crowfrost- black tom with blue eyes
Ratscar- brown tabby tom ~ Pinepaw (black she-cat)
Snowbird- snowy white she-cat with blue eyes
Olivenose- tortoiseshell she-cat with yellow eyes
Owlclaw- dark brown tom with green eyes
Shrewfoot- pale grey she-cat
Tawnypelt- tortoiseshell she-cat with green eyes ~ Starlingpaw (ginger tom)
Scorchfur- black-and-white tom
Redwillow- reddish brown tom with yellow eyes
Tigerheart- dark tabby tom with amber eyes
Dawnpelt- cream she-cat with green eyes

Queens:
Kinkfur- spiky-furred she-cat with yellow eyes
Ivytail- tortoiseshell she-cat with blue eyes

Elders:
Cedarheart- dark grey tom
Tallpoppy- tortoiseshell she-cat
Snaketail- brown tom
Whitewater- white she-cat

WindClan

Leader: Onestar- light brown tabby tom with yellow eyes
Deputy: Ashfoot-dark grey she-cat with yellow eyes
Medicine Cat: Kestrelflight- mottled brown tom with amber eyes

Warriors:
Crowfeather- gray-black tom with blue eyes
Whitetail- small white she-cat with green eyes
Nightcloud- black she-cat with amber eyes
Gorsetail- tabby-and-white she-cat with blue eyes
Weaselfur- ginger tabby tom with yellow eyes
Owlwhisker- tabby tom with amber eyes ~ Whiskerpaw (ginger tom)
Harespring- brown tom with green eyes
Antpelt- dark brown tom with green eyes
Emberfoot- dark grey she-cat with dark blue eyes
Sunstrike- tortoiseshell she-cat with yellow eyes
Heathertail- light brown tabby she-cat with smoky blue eyes ~ Furzepaw (gray-and-white she-cat)
Breezepelt- black tom with amber eyes ~ Boulderpaw (grey tabby tom)
Sagewhisker- white she-cat with green eyes and brown splotches
Swallowtail- brown she-cat with amber eyes

Elders:
Webfoot- very dark tom with amber eyes
Tornear- grey tom with blue eyes

RiverClan

Leader: Mistystar- blue-gray she-cat with pale green eyes
Deputy: Reedwhisker – black tom with yellow eyes ~ Hollowpaw (dark brown tom)
Medicine Cat: Mothwing- golden tabby she-cat with blue eyes ~ Willowshine (pale grey tabby she-cat)

Warriors:
Graymist- pale grey she-cat with pale blue eyes ~ Troutpaw (silver-gray tabby she-cat)
Mintfur- brown tabby tom with green eyes
Icewing- white she-cat with bright blue eyes
Minnowtail- dark grey tabby she-cat with yellow eyes ~ Mossypaw (golden she-cat)
Mallownose- golden brown tabby tom with amber eyes
Pebblefoot- mottled gray tom with amber eyes ~ Rushpaw (brown tom)
Robinwing- small, light brown she-cat with amber eyes
Petalfur- gray-and-white she-cat with bright blue eyes
Grasspelt- spiky-furred white tom with green eyes
Beetlewhisker- black tom with yellow eyes
Stormheart- blue-gray tabby tom with warm green eyes
Springlight- cream she-cat with green eyes

Queens:
Duskfur- dusky brown she-cat with yellow eyes
Mosspelt- tortoiseshell she-cat with blue eyes

Elders:
Dapplenose- dappled grey she-cat with amber eyes
Pouncetail- ginger-and-white she-cat with amber eyes

Prologue

Willowshine dusted her paws off and crept out of the herb cave. It wasn’t even dawn yet and the RiverClan medicine cat apprentice was already awake. Her mentor, Mothwing was curled up in her nest, still sleeping. Willowshine padded to the entrance of the den, breathing in the sharp, clean air. A trace of plants tainted the wind, promising the start of newleaf. Willowshine slipped out onto the rocky pebbles, letting the soft lapping of the stream sooth her. She settled down in the pale pre-dawn light, half-dozing. Suddenly, scuffle broke through the peaceful silence. A pale grey tabby head poked out of a cluster of reeds. The glowing green eyes flashed uneasily as it saw Willowshine. She sat up. “Troutpaw?”
The apprentice warily padded out of her hiding place, tail flicking. “What are you doing up so early?” she challenged, her ears twitching nervously, like she had done something wrong.
Willowshine waved her tail. “I could ask the same for you.”
“You didn’t answer my question!”
Willowshine narrowed her eyes. “I’ll answer yours right now if you promise to tell me your explanation.” Troutpaw gave a terse nod and sat down. “Well,” Willowshine meowed, “I woke up early and couldn’t go back to sleep anymore. I’ve up quite awhile in fact. I’ve been sorting and mixing poultices since halfway past moonrise.” She saw Troutpaw’s eyes widen at when she heard the words “up quite awhile”.
Troutpaw scuffled her paws, ducking her head and flattening her ears. “I’ve been up early too,” she meowed a little too loudly. “I was too restless so I, uh, went hunting. I caught a water vole and a small trout.”
“Really? Where is your catch then?”
Troutpaw lifted her small sleek head to glare at the medicine cat. “Why? Don’t you trust me?” Willowshine opened her jaws angrily, but was cut off by Troutpaw. “Whatever. Anyways, I left it in a cleft by the ShadowClan border.”
Willowshine padded closer to Troutpaw, tasting the air. There was the smell of prey on her, but Willowshine also got a whiff of ThunderClan. Troutpaw scooted away from Willowshine and muttered something. “Very well, Troutpaw. I hope you aren’t betraying your Clan. May StarClan watch over you,” Willowshine growled, staring stiffly at the young she-cat as she backed away into the apprentices’ den, eyes glittering with fear.

Chapter 1

Silverleaf padded along the sandy path, fluffing out her fur. The night was chilly, but Jayfeather and she had to go to the Moonpool. The other medicine cats were waiting.
Jayfeather muttered something and glanced at his apprentice with blind blue eyes. “Come on, Silverleaf. At this pace, we’ll never get there in time. The others are waiting.”
“Okay.”
The two cats quickened their pawsteps until they were flying across the path, winding their way to the WindClan border. A group of three cats were waiting for them, driving off the early newleaf chill by fluffing out their fur. “Hello, Kestrelflight! Hi, Flametail! How are you doing, Littlecloud?” Silverleaf greeted, skidding to a halt.
Jayfeather licked his paw repeatedly, asking, “Where’s RiverClan? We can’t go without them.”
Kestrelflight shivered, amber eyes wide. “We’ll have to go soon. It’s really chilly, and we’re really wasting moonlight.” He glanced up and down the rolling hills of the moorland and sighed.
Silverleaf bounded up a steep hill, peering over the top. “I see two cats,” she announced, “heading this way really fast. I think its Mothwing and Willowshine. Wow! Mothwing is carrying an awfully heavy looking bundle. I wonder what’s it for?” She scrambled back down, eyes gleaming with curiosity.
Littlecloud stood up from his washing. “Let’s go,” he insisted impatiently as Mothwing and her apprentice hurtled over the rise.
Mothwing raced up, panting heavily. “Sorry!” she gasped. “Troutpaw got a bad sprain at the last minute from hunting. I’m afraid we got delayed.”
Silverleaf noticed Willowshine’s eyes narrowing when Mothwing announced Troutpaw’s sprain. The group fell into a tight cluster, trotting quickly toward the Moonpool. “So, Willowshine,” she meowed coolly, falling into step with her friend. “What really happened to Troutpaw?”
Willowshine stiffened. “What so you mean?” she asked warily, her pelt prickling up.
Silverleaf shrugged, and meowed, “I just thought you looked kind of disbelieving at Troutpaw’s sprained paw.” She gave Willowshine a sidelong glance. The pale grey tabby was bristling defensively, her blue eyes narrowed into icy slits.
“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” she snapped. “What’s wrong with getting a sprained paw from hunting?”
Silverleaf knew that Willowshine slightly suspected of what Troutpaw was really doing. If she won’t admit it herself, I’ll tease it out of her. “Well,” she began breezily, “since you won’t admit it yourself, I’ll tell you that I’ve seen Rockpaw going out of camp a few times at night.” Willowshine visibly stiffened even more, until she looked like she was made out of wood.
“Really? Well, I’ve seen Troutpaw doing that a couple times myself.”
Silverleaf twitched her whiskers with amusement. “Ah,” she purred, “I see that we suspect the same things! Though it is an awfully long distance for anyone of them to travel just to meet for one night.”
Willowshine grunted in agreement. “Maybe they meet halfway around the lake, in WindClan’s or ShadowClan’s territory.”
“That’s terribly risky,” Silverleaf replied. “I think that they just meet at the edge of each other’s territory.”
Willowshine glanced at the looming rock path up toward the Moonpool. The other medicine cats were already halfway across it, too busy in their own conversation to notice that the two she-cats had fallen behind. “What a shame,” she grumbled, quickening her pace. “I always thought that Troutpaw would become Clan leader one day. She’s such a good thinker, kind, thoughtful, and a good fighter.”
Silverleaf glanced at her friend in surprise. “But Troutpaw still can! Remember Bluestar?”
Willowshine nodded. “Of course! But will Troutpaw give up her kits to Rockpaw when they’re warriors?”
Silverleaf sighed. “I guess not. Bluestar suffered too much for what she did. It wasn’t even that bad! And look how she suffered! It’s hardly fair.”
Willowshine dipped her head. “I agree, but StarClan isn’t fair. That is, they can’t be that fair to everybody.”
“Hurry up!” Littlecloud’s yowl broke through Silverleaf’s reply.
The two cats raced forward and fell into the back of the group. “This is serious,” Silverleaf muttered. “I still can’t believe that both of our Clan’s apprentices can’t keep to the warrior code!” She sighed and licked her chest fur, thinking very, very hard. She followed the other cats into the hollow, letting the soft lapping of the silver Moonpool calm her.
“Silverleaf, over here! There’s a dry spot by me,” Jayfeather called, beckoning with his tail.”
“Coming!” Silverleaf picked her way over, and settled down beside her mentor. She stretched her nose forward and touched to the swirling, star-filled pool. Immediately, she fell into StarClan’s hunting grounds.

Soft, warm sunlight drove away the penetrating chill as soon as Silverleaf opened her eyes. She was standing next to a stream, under a willow tree. There were sounds of cats all around her, but none appeared. Silverleaf stood and padded quietly out from under the tree and down the bank of the stream. Peering in, she spotted small fish darting this way and that. This can’t be right! The ThunderClan area in StarClan has rivers, but it doesn’t have fish. Am I in RiverClan? She glanced anxiously up and down the bank. Where was everybody? Suddenly, a small commotion in the river caught Silverleaf’s attention. A sleek silver tabby head broke the surface of the river, gripping a fish in her mouth. The she-cat slipped out of the water, green eyes shining affectionately as she dropped the prey at Silverleaf’s paws.
“Hello,” she purred. “My name is Silverstream. Bluestar and Crookedstar have ordered me to take you to them. Don’t worry, eat the fish first. You aren’t in trouble.”
“Thank you,” Silverleaf meowed, feeling a rumble of hunger in her belly. Bending down, she bit out of the fish. “Why have they called me?” she asked between mouthfuls.
Silverstream purred. “You know, little one. Guess,” she mewed.
Silverleaf swiped her tongue around her muzzle. “Okay. It’s about Rockpaw and Troutpaw, isn’t it?”
Silverstream’s expression grew grave. “Yes. It’s unfortunate, but StarClan does not know any way how we can stop these meetings.” The she-cat turned back to the river as the medicine cat apprentice finished her meal. “I know ThunderClan cats don’t like to swim,” Silverstream apologized, “but Crookedstar insisted that we go by river. ‘To escape any inquiring cats,’ he had explained. Come.”
The StarClan cat slid into the river, watching Silverleaf. The apprentice’s mouth was dry. Suddenly, eating the fish had suddenly become a bad idea. Legs trembling, she lowered herself into the water, shivering as the water tugged at her belly fur. “H-help me!” Silverleaf squeaked as a wave almost pushed her over.
“Keep churning with your paws,” Silverstream encouraged. “Hold up your chin, don’t worry. It’s like running in the foggy forest.”
Before she knew it, Silverleaf was swimming down the stream, struggling to keep up with the she-cat as she swam easily as seal through the water.
“Nearly there. Oh! Hold up! Here comes Leopardstar. She probably wants to know why ThunderClan cats are swimming about in the river, scaring away the fish. Quick, Silverleaf! Get on that rock.”
Silverleaf dragged herself onto the rock, water streaming from her fur. Coughing and spluttering, she watched a spotted golden tabby swim out to Silverstream, steadily swimming toward the warrior.
“Silverstream! What’s happening? I’ve seen Bluestar and Crookedstar up over there too.” Leopardstar called, leaping nimbly onto a smooth gray rock.
“I can’t say,” Silverstream replied. “Crookedstar’s orders.”
“Let me guess,” Leopardstar meowed dryly, “it’s about silly Troutpaw and Rockpaw. Is it not?”
“Yes. I must go now. Come on, Silverleaf!”
Silverleaf scrambled ungracefully down her resting place and let herself ungracefully tumble into the water.
“Watch out!” Leopardstar cried as a wave slapped her in the muzzle. “I haven’t had a water-logged nose since I was RiverClan’s deputy!”
Silverleaf spluttered something, paws, thrashing as she tried to get her balance. Suddenly, she felt Silverstream’s tail on her shoulders.
“We must hurry. It’s almost dawn for you. We have no time. Hurry!” Silverstream began half-dragging Silverleaf down the river. “It’s just past that bramble bush,” the StarClan cat mumbled, gesturing with her striped tail.
Silverleaf stumbled onto the bank, shaking water out of her silver pelt. “This is terrible! I’m freezing!” Even the warm greenleaf sun couldn’t take the chill out of her.
A pale-furred, blue-eyed she-cat stepped out of the ferns, followed by a light tabby tom with sleek fur and a crooked jaw. “I told you, Crookedstar!” The blue-eyed she-cat was scolding. “They would get held up anyway! And look here, Silverleaf has caught a cold! The journey back to the camp will still be chilly and long, you know!”
Crookedstar sat down with a mutinous look in his face. “Sorry! But at least Leopardstar didn’t follow them,” he meowed, glancing back toward the tumbling river.
Silverstream flicked her dripping ears. “Who knows?” she grumbled. “Leopardstar may be hiding right behind you, crouching underneath that low-branched bramble bush.”
Silverleaf shivered as a neat, spotted golden head peered out from underneath the pine bush. “How did you know?”
Bluestar twitched her tail impatiently. “We can all smell! Enough of this, let’s go on with the problem.”
Silverleaf smoothed down her drying fur with her tongue. “What about Leopardstar? I’m assuming she can stay?” Bluestar nodded and sat down. “All I know is that I’ve seen Rockpaw slinking out of camp as soon as the whole Clan is asleep a couple times, and I’ve seen him creeping into his nest just before dawn once,” Silverleaf meowed. “When I questioned him, he got defensive and said he was just night hunting. After saying that one sentence, he backed away, insisting that Sparrowpelt wanted some battle training. You’ve got to admit. It’s really suspicious.”
Bluestar dipped her head. “They are too inexperienced and young, We can only hope that they decide otherwise soon like Lionblaze.”
“Troutpaw is making a mistake,” Crookedstar rumbled, “like Oakheart.”
Silverstream frowned. “Why is he not here? He made the same actions before. Why isn’t he here?”
Leopardstar spoke up, glancing at the whole group. “I believe that he’s hunting with Feathertail. For StarClan or the Tribe of Rushing Water, I don’t know.” She glanced at the sky and snorted.
Bluestar followed her gaze. “Silverleaf, it is time for you to go. We will speak of this the next quarter moon. Thank you.”

Chapter 2

Ripplepaw yawned. A weak, barely visible light seeped through the yew branches, telling the blue gray tabby that it was hardly near dawn yet. Beside her, Rainpaw was still asleep, his pelt rumpled and messy. Ripplepaw looked on the other side. Rockpaw wasn’t there. She sat up in alarm and sniffed his nest, noting that the scent was stale. Her brother hadn’t been there since the time the whole Clan had retired to their nests. Maybe he’s night hunting. Ripplepaw curled back up, wrapping her tail over her nose.
Just as she was settled in a fretful doze, the den rustled and Rockpaw’s scent drifted over the nests, masking the warm smell of sleeping cats with the smell of rabbit and fish. Ripplepaw blinked and sat up. “Have you been hunting?”
Rockpaw froze, startled. “Y-yes. Why do you ask?” He warily slipped over the other nests to his sister’s side.
“Oh, well, nothing really. I just noticed that you haven’t slept for the whole night. No wonder you’ve been so tired recently,” Ripplepaw commented, eyeing Rockpaw, who was stiffening angrily, his amber eyes flashing defensively.
“What’s wrong with extra hunting for the Clan?” he spat. “Do I have to tell you everything I do?”
Ripplepaw bristled. “No, but it doesn’t help you or the Clan if you keep hunting at night and tire yourself before you even start your day training with Sparrowpelt! Anyways, you’re wet. Have you been trying to catch fish?”
Rockpaw turned away, his eyes burning with rage. “It’s none of your business! I can do what I want! Just leave me alone!”
“All right,” Ripplepaw replied, struggling to keep her voice down and to remain calm. “I’ll just tell Sparrowpelt when he wakes up.”
“You wouldn’t dare!” Rockpaw hissed, spinning around, unsheathing his sharp white claws. He thrust a paw forward, knocking Ripplepaw neatly to the ground. “If you do,” he snarled into her face, “I’ll make sure you pay! I’ll —”
Ripplepaw struggled to throw Rockpaw off, wriggling desperately.
“What in the name of StarClan is going on?” Silverleaf’s furious meow sounded at the entrance. “Both of you, come out!”
Rockpaw growled sharply and leaped away from Ripplepaw and stomped his way out.
“Wait! Where are you going? Why is Rockpaw so angry?” Featherpaw stared at Ripplepaw as she started to go. “Let me go with you. Silverleaf will be more lenient on you guys if I’m there. Come!” The older apprentice leaped gracefully among the sleeping cats and slipped outside. Ripplepaw quickly followed.
A blast of icy air hit Ripplepaw as she stumbled out into the camp. Jayfeather was also there, sitting calmly, staring at Rockpaw like he already knew all the apprentice’s secrets.
Silverleaf frowned and shook her head, looked at Rockpaw inquiringly. He growled and glared angrily back, as if challenging her to growl her head off. Jayfeather was also sitting outside, gazing calmly at Rockpaw, as if he had done nothing wrong.
“Well?” Featherpaw glanced at her sister. “Silverleaf, you’re just a bit older than these two. Don’t start acting like Pebblestar,” she reminded Silverleaf, tail twitching and tapping on the earth.
Silverleaf swung her sleek head over to glare at the gray-brown tom, growling, “I just want to know why Rockpaw is trying to claw her sister’s ears off.”
Ripplepaw curled her claws in embarrassment as Jayfeather stared at the two littermates in surprise.
“Rockpaw, you can’t blame your sister for how reckless you were being by coming back so late from hunting. I don’t blame Silverleaf for butting into your furious attack, because you looked mad enough to kill. Featherpaw is just doing a favor for both of you too.”
Rockpaw curled his lip and said nothing, but Ripplepaw spotted his gleaming claws flex angrily.
“Jayfeather? Silverleaf? Featherpaw?” A soft meow drifted from the thorn barrier. "Are you still out there? Featherpaw, why are you up?”
Silverleaf shuffled her white paws and glanced toward the barrier as a creamy tabby head peered in. “I know you’re the night guard, Dawnstripe,” Silverleaf answered. “We just have a small problem here.”
“Problem?” Dawnstripe slipped into camp, fur ruffled. “Is it about Rockpaw? I saw him a few times coming back into camp with prey. He must be too tired for training in the day, right?” The creamy she-cat turned to the gray-brown apprentice, her silver stripes gleaming in the moonlight. “You don’t have to hunt every night.”
Featherpaw raised her tail and interrupted her sister’s mentor. “It’s not that. Rockpaw just, well, attacked Ripplepaw.”
Rockpaw looked furious. He opened his jaws, his eyes burning. Jayfeather cut him off. “Dawnstripe, this doesn’t involve you. You must be done with your post. Rouse the next warrior and go to sleep.”
Dawnstripe bristled. “You can’t tell me what to do! Besides, I want to help. I’ve fought with Thunderheart a couple times before. Goldenleaf always makes up the argument. Should I wake her up?”
Rockpaw let out a snarl. “No! Too many cats are getting involved. I’m sorry that I attacked Ripplepaw, but I’m going to sleep now.” He glared at the cream warrior. “You can tell Sparrowpelt that I’m going to sleep until sunhigh.”
“Wait!” Featherpaw protested. “We’re supposed to have battle training halfway to sunhigh, remember?”
Something close to regret flitted across Rockpaw’s gaze. “I’m sorry.” He rose to his paws and disappeared into the apprentices’ dens.
Silverleaf’s tail swished through the air. “Well, Ripplepaw,” she meowed, “are you going back to sleep now?”
Ripplepaw shook her head, whiskers twitching. “I’ll stay awake. After all, it’s nearly dawn and I’m on the dawn patrol with Talonstrike, Thunderheart, and Blossomfall.”
Featherpaw gave her denmate a friendly nudge. “See you later. Maybe you can join our battle training later.”
“Maybe.”
Jayfeather’s blind blue gaze followed Featherpaw back into the yew bush, then he meowed, “Well, you could go hunting or help Silverleaf sort the herbs we picked yesterday.”
Ripplepaw blinked slowly. Her mind was whirling so fast that she could hardly think straight. “I’ll help Silverleaf sort the herbs,” she sighed. If she went hunting, she still wouldn’t catch a thing. Ripplepaw followed Silverleaf and Jayfeather back to the medicine cat’s den, and she heard a hushed conversation between them.
“What was Mothwing carrying?”
“She was carrying catmint. Mothwing thought that if any of us still had greencough in our Clans and needed more herbs, she’d give us some.”
“That was nice of her, wasn’t it, Jayfeather?” Silverleaf asked her eyes bright with cheerfulness.
“I suppose. What did you dream of? You smelled of dampness and worry when you woke up,” Jayfeather meowed, tail twitching.
“I’ll tell you later. Anyways, what are you going to do, Jayfeather?”
“I’m going down to the lake to get some mallow and chervil. Remember, Silverleaf, you can’t keep Ripplepaw for too long. Talonstrike will be expecting her for the dawn patrol.”
“Oh, I won’t,’ Silverleaf promised. “Ripplepaw!” She looked over her shoulder. “Stop lagging behind.”
Ripplepaw took another sluggish step. The fierce argument had taken all the energy and joy out of her day. “I’m coming,” she grumbled, pausing to shake out her blue-grey tabby fur. She picked up her pace as the two older cats disappeared into the den. As she slid into the cave, Jayfeather padded out of the den, carrying an empty leaf package. Silverleaf was taking out a large leaf wrap from the store when Ripplepaw came in.
“All right,” Silverleaf meowed. “We need to sort out all these herbs in separate bark bowls. There’s yarrow, marigold, feverfew, and borage in here.”
“Great. I’m starting now,” Ripplepaw sighed and reached into the wrap and pulled out a pawful of herbs.”
“The yarrow looks like borage,” Silverleaf reminded briskly. She began unraveling the other bundles of herbs, letting them spill across the floor in an untidy heap.
“Jayfeather won’t like that,” Ripplepaw reminded the apprentice.
“Oh, he will not mind if we manage to clean up before he comes back,” Silverleaf promised, popping a pawful of marigold into a freshly-folded bark bowl. “If only we had another helper,” Silverleaf sighed.
Ripplepaw’s tail twitched crossly over the ground. “Isn’t one helper enough? Besides, you can do this all day. It’s not like you patrol or hunt or anything,” she grumbled.
Silverleaf glanced sharply at Ripplepaw. “You think?” she snapped. The silver tabby closed her eyes and took several deep breaths. “It’s newleaf, Ripplepaw. It’s getting warmer and herbs will be growing again. Jayfeather and I need to get the herbs before another wave of frost comes. That might not happen too. We just need to prepare.”
Ripplepaw wanted to claw her own ears. Of course! “I’ll come help you in my free time,” she offered, scooping a pile of feverfew into a bark bowl.
Silverleaf’s eyes brightened. “That would be great!” She meowed. “Rosepaw is already helping.” The excited gleam faded a little as she went on, “But Rosepaw can’t come often. She’s a young apprentice and Dawnstripe wants to get all the right and basic stuff stuck in Rosepaw’s mind before it all slips away.”
Ripplepaw nodded, pouring a pawful of yarrow away. “I know what you mean.”
Silverleaf jerked her head up, sniffing the air. “Rosepaw is here!” she cried joyfully and leaped to her paws.
A moment later, a slender reddish-brown-and-white she-cat nosed her way into the den. “I can’t stay long,” Rosepaw greeted them. “Dawnstripe says that she wants an early start for training today.”
“Maybe I can join you after my dawn patrol,” Ripplepaw offered, whiskers twitching.
“Thanks!” Rosepaw purred. “By the way, what are Rainpaw and Rockpaw doing today?’
Ripplepaw stiffened as her denmate mentioned her brothers’ name. “Rainpaw is doing the dawn patrol with me,” she informed, “and Rockpaw is doing the dusk hunting patrol.”
Silverleaf circled the pair. “Come on!” she pleaded. “We haven’t got all day!”
Rosepaw bundled Silverleaf out of the way. “Then give me space,” she mewed playfully and sat down, her nimble paws plucking leaves into a pile. After a while, more and more of the herbs dropped into the bark bowls, and the floor started to clear.
Just as they were finishing, Jayfeather padded into the den, tail twitching. “Dawn is almost here,” he announced. “Silverleaf and I will finish up here. You two can go and join your patrols.”
Ripplepaw shot Rosepaw a glance. Jayfeather was always so grumpy! He was rude too! Pelt prickling, Ripplepaw stalked across the den and nosed her way out into the camp. A chilly wind pierced the air, driving away the warmth of the rising sun.
“Ripplepaw! There you are!” Rainpaw was racing toward her, moss still clumped in his fur. “When will you start coming on time?” he demanded playfully.
The blue-gray tabby leaned forward and flicked a scrap of moss off her brother’s pelt. “I’ll start when you can properly clean yourself,” she replied and raced away to join Talonstrike, Thunderheart, and Blossomfall at the thorn barrier.
“Where’s Rainpaw?” Thunderheart asked, glancing behind Talonstrike’s apprentice. “Oh, there!” He turned back to Talonstrike. “We can leave now,” he meowed. Blossomfall hurried at the back of the patrol as they raced out into the forest like rabbits.
Ripplepaw weaved gracefully through the undergrowth as her Clanmates raced alongside here. “Watch out for the fallen log!” Talonstrike called, and leaped the crumbly wood. Ripplepaw lengthened her stride and leaped over with a tail length to spare. Rainpaw stumbled after her, limping on his left foreleg.
“I knocked against a root,” he explained through gritted teeth.
“Thunderheart, wait!” Ripplepaw pleaded, hurtling toward the broad shouldered warrior.
“What is it?” He slowed to a stop and turned to face Ripplepaw, his eyes questioning.
“Rainpaw has knocked his forepaw on a root when he was running,” Ripplepaw explained.
“It’s not that bad!” Rainpaw said quickly, casting a sharp glare at his littermate.
Thunderheart shouldered past Blossomfall and checked his apprentice’s paw. “I think it’ll be okay,” Thunderheart muttered. “Blossomfall, can you check this bruise? I’m not sure.”
Ripplepaw glanced at her mentor. “I thought Silverleaf was Jayfeather’s apprentice!” she hissed.
“Yes, but before that, Blossomfall was his apprentice for a while.”
Ripplepaw turned back to Blossomfall as she spoke. “I think it’s best if he sees Jayfeather after this patrol. It’s no that bad, but it can be very painful.”
Rainpaw winced on cue as he gingerly pressed his paw on the ground.
The patrol resumed its pace to the WindClan border, only slightly slower for Rainpaw’s wound. “Are you okay?” Ripplepaw whispered to her brother.
Wincing, he muttered, “I hope, but don’t worry.” He gritted his teeth the patrol skidded to a stop at the WindClan border.
“Okay! Blossomfall, you mark the WindClan border with Talonstrike,” Thunderheart ordered. “I’ll go on to the ShadowClan border with Ripplepaw and Rainpaw.
“Don’t forget to check for WindClan scents,” Ripplepaw called as Talonstrike sniffed a clump of ferns. She turned and hurried after Thunderheart as he strode into the trees.
“Wait!” Rainpaw hissed. He stood more steadily on his paws now, his jaws open, tasting the air carefully. “ShadowClan! I here them muttering about the undergrowth ahead.”
Thunderheart flattened his ears in surprise. “You’re right!” He paused grimly. “Well, they’re going to mutter about more then the undergrowth soon.” He snapped around to stare at Rainpaw. “You go and fetch Blossomfall and Talonstrike.” He glanced at Ripplepaw. “You go get more warriors.”
Ripplepaw leaped to her paws as Rainpaw streaked away into the bracken, She hurtled away, racing back to camp .Weaving around ferns and brambles, she raced through the forest, paws thudding. The hollow would be just ahead of the old rowan… Ripplepaw tore into camp, paws churning. “ShadowClan has invaded! Come quickly!” Ripplepaw shrieked.
Pebblestar shot to her paws, tail fluffed out. Briarlight bristled angrily by the half-rock, her amber eyes blazing. “Those fox-hearts!”
Ripplepaw panted, exhaustion weighing her legs. “Pebblestar! You have to send a patrol to the ShadowClan border! Quickly!” she wheezed, struggling to keep herself from sinking to her belly.
Pebblestar’s tail lashed. “I want Briarlight, Lionblaze, Brightfern, Sparrowpelt, Talonstrike, and Daisytail! Bring your apprentices!” She spun around and raced out of camp, the patrol streaking out after their leader.
“Ripplepaw!” Briarlight paused beside the exhausted apprentice. “Can you still fight well?”
The blue-grey she-cat’s tail tip quivered in exhaustion. “Maybe,” she mumbled.
Briarlight took that as a yes. Briskly nudging Ripplepaw forward, she hissed, “Rainpaw will need you! Come on!”
Ripplepaw stumbled after the deputy. “But Sparrowpelt brought Rockpaw along!” she protested, scrabbling over a fallen log.
“Perhaps,” Briarlight agreed, leaping gracefully over the log and waited for Ripplepaw. “But Rockpaw will need to fight his own battles,” she reminded her, “He can’t watch Rainpaw the whole time.”
Ripplepaw bounded after Briarlight, panting. “So will I!”
“Two cats can help him better then one cat watching him!”
Ripplepaw hissed crossly. Wouldn’t Briarlight listen? She was tired! As the patrol skidded to a halt beside Thunderheart’s patrol, she scrambled to Rainpaw’s side. “Where’s Rockpaw?” she wondered, glancing around.
Rainpaw stared at his sister wearily. “Asleep. Sparrowpelt didn’t bring him. Dawnstripe must’ve leaked something out to the whole Clan,” he muttered, sucking his injured paw.
“He needs to be here!” Ripplepaw protested. “I can’t keep an eye on you the whole time!”
Immediately, Rainpaw fluffed up. “Are you saying I’m helpless?” he spat.
“No—“
“Be quiet, you two!” Daisytail glared at them. “ShadowClan will hear you!” The cream she-cat whisked her tail over their ears. “Concentrate on the fight like true warriors! Not like bothersome kits!” She scolded, eyes flashing angrily.
Rainpaw dipped his head respectfully, but managed to flash another angry glare at his sister.
Ripplepaw turned her head away and fixed her gaze on the quivering ferns instead.
“Come out, you fox-hearts!” Pebblestar yowled, piercing yellow eyes narrowed in fury.
There was a pause, and then a quiet murmuring. At last, a ginger tom stepped out of the undergrowth, ten shadowy shapes flitted out after him.
Sparrowpelt let out an angry hiss. “We’re evenly matched,” he growled.
“Apprentices! Fight close to your mentor’s side!” Briarlight’s quiet command sounded as Pebblestar stepped forward.
“Rowanclaw. How dare you invade our territory? Has ShadowClan no honor?”
The ginger tabby tom glared at Pebblestar with icy green eyes. “ShadowClan has honor,” he snarled. “ThunderClan is the one that doesn’t. Your Clan always thinks that you’re the best.” Rowanclaw now stood nose to nose with the ThunderClan leader. “We will take the territory that we need!”
Pebblestar curled her lip. “You’ll have to fight for every pawstep,” she retorted. “ThunderClan! Attack!”
Nyx
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Custom Rank : 2bright4u
WarriorPoints : 38667
Female Posts : 6814

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 150,000

Back to top Go down

Sign of the Stars Empty Re: Sign of the Stars

Post by Nyx February 21st 2011, 16:14

Chapter 3

Rockpaw yawned. "Is it sunhigh yet?" he mumbled, expecting an answer. None came. He opened his eyes and peered out of his nest. The apprentice's den was empty, but the clearing was alive with anxious mews and the scuffle of pacing paws. Rockpaw sprang to his paws and scooted out.
"There you are, sleepy head!" His mother, Moonblossom, was hurrying over, her tone light.
Rockpaw ducked away from Moonblossom's tongue. "What's happening?"
The dark shadow hanging in Moonblossom's eyes visibly darkened some more. "ShadowClan is invading. Rainpaw and Ripplepaw are out fighting. Sparrowpelt is out too."
Rockpaw bristled. "Why didn't anybody wake me? Both of my littermates are fighting and my mentor."
"You needed your sleep," Moonblossom soothed. The silvery-grey she-cat glanced over her shoulder. "You can help the other warriors guard the camp."
Rockpaw flicked his ears crossly. "The camp never needs guarding!" he snapped.
Moonblossom led him toward the fresh-kill pile. "You know that isn't true," she meowed.
"No, I don't! It never needs-"
"ShadowClan patrol heading toward camp!" Reedfeather's panicked yowl echoed off the hollow rocks.
Nyx
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 21st 2011, 16:18

Nice story!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx February 21st 2011, 16:21

Thanks! I know, it's terribly long.
Nyx
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 21st 2011, 16:46

But it's awesome! I Love your story!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazeldust February 21st 2011, 16:50

okay, I started reading it. it's really good! cheers but I didn't have time to read the whole thing. Crying I'll finish it when I can. awesome!!
Hazeldust
Hazeldust
Loner

Custom Rank : WHAT
WarriorPoints : 9017
Female Posts : 1799

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 12,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 21st 2011, 17:00

Daaanng that's a long story. It looks good but I'm too smexy to read that much.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 21st 2011, 19:54

Good story; tact

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightfrost February 24th 2011, 10:03

That must've took you a looooooong time....
what happened to Firestar, Millie, and Graystripe!!!!???
That was a really good story though...!!!!
Nightfrost
Nightfrost
RiverClan Senior Warrior
RiverClan Senior Warrior

Custom Rank : Member
WarriorPoints : 8880
Female Posts : 1561

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 9950

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 24th 2011, 16:46

Yeah. GOOD STORY!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightfrost February 27th 2011, 18:41

GREAT STORY!
Nightfrost
Nightfrost
RiverClan Senior Warrior
RiverClan Senior Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivyshine February 27th 2011, 20:19

OMG AMAZING I COULDN'T TELL A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THIS OR A REEEEEEEALLY GOOD PART OF ONE OF THE BOOKS!! GOOD JOB VIOLIN-LIDS!
Ivyshine
Ivyshine
RiverClan Warrior
RiverClan Warrior

WarriorPoints : 5163
Female Posts : 191

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivyshine February 27th 2011, 20:21

Darkfire wrote:Daaanng that's a long story. It looks good but I'm too smexy to read that much.

more like too lazy. or dumb. or inept.
Ivyshine
Ivyshine
RiverClan Warrior
RiverClan Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivyshine February 27th 2011, 20:25

everyone please read my new story A TIME OF SHADOWS !!! study
Ivyshine
Ivyshine
RiverClan Warrior
RiverClan Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightfrost February 27th 2011, 20:47

Okay! Sure!
Nightfrost
Nightfrost
RiverClan Senior Warrior
RiverClan Senior Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 27th 2011, 22:46

It's pretty good Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx March 10th 2011, 19:42

Thanks.
Nyx
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightfrost March 16th 2011, 17:28

Lotusflower wrote:It's pretty good Love

Pretty good???? It was great!!!
You should add more.
Nightfrost
Nightfrost
RiverClan Senior Warrior
RiverClan Senior Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivyshine March 18th 2011, 17:52

hey violin-lyd! we accidentally used the same name! oops. ah well. Great story! Rock
Ivyshine
Ivyshine
RiverClan Warrior
RiverClan Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightfrost March 18th 2011, 18:04

which name?
and why do you keep calling people violin lid? lol... scratch Wink
Nightfrost
Nightfrost
RiverClan Senior Warrior
RiverClan Senior Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivyshine March 18th 2011, 18:24

Crystaldance wrote:But it's awesome! I Love your story!
hey my cat looks just like the cat in that pic of yours!!!
Ivyshine
Ivyshine
RiverClan Warrior
RiverClan Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivyshine March 19th 2011, 15:00

i call brightstar violinlid cuz she likes violins and silverleaf was the name
Ivyshine