Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

The Apprentice challenge Banner10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

The Apprentice challenge Banner10

Warrior Cats Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Apprentice challenge

+2
Redstar
Streamstar
6 posters

Go down

The Apprentice challenge Empty The Apprentice challenge

Post by Streamstar January 10th 2013, 16:06

Because of recommendendations from other members on the site, I've decided to make the Apprentice Challenge. Now, you do not have to complete the kit challenge to participate in this. In this challenge, you have 120 days to write entries for 180 days of an apprentice's life. Write what the apprentice does each day from his/her first day as an apprentice(first entry) to the day he/she becomes a warrior/medicine cat.(180th entry) Please try to be detailed. You can write it in whatever style you're most comfortable writing in. The word minimum for each entry is 350. I asked Dragonclaw, but this will not be a badge earning event.

Heres the entry form:

Username:
Apprentice's Name:
Apprentice Description:
Mentor's Name:
Clan (must be one from the books; no made up clans allowed):
Starting Date:

example entry:

Last edited by Streamfur on January 20th 2013, 12:35; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Rule update/more details)
Streamstar
Streamstar
RiverClan Leader
RiverClan Leader

Custom Rank : The CodeMaster
WarriorPoints : 8432
Female Posts : 2834

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 75,000

Back to top Go down

The Apprentice challenge Empty Re: The Apprentice challenge

Post by Redstar January 10th 2013, 16:17

Username: Rosethorn
Apprentice's Name: Brownpaw
Apprentice Description: white tom with brown paws and green eyes
Mentor's Name: Darkcloud
Clan (must be one from the books; no made up clans allowed): Windclan
Starting Date: Saturday, 1/12/13
Redstar
Redstar
ShadowClan Leader
ShadowClan Leader

Custom Rank : WCF Granny
WarriorPoints : 10215
Female Posts : 3326

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 79,500

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett January 10th 2013, 16:22

Stream maybe this sounds stupid but I'd like to try the apprentice challenge, however, I'm not entirely shire how you want these entries to look. Would you mind posting an example for us and also maybe there should be a minimum limit for the length and detail. Also is it supposed to be written as a diary entry or a fan fiction style piece?
Scarlett
Scarlett
IceClan Leader
IceClan Leader

Custom Rank : The Immortal
WarriorPoints : 433501
Female Posts : 3168

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 300,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraway January 10th 2013, 16:27

You should find people's Kit Challenge topics Snowlily Very Happy You can pretty much write it however you like. Most people will do it in first person since it portrays emotions and thoughts best.

Since I only did up to 8 days last time, I don't think I will participate in this challenge xD
Caraway
Caraway
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Custom Rank : Behind the Mask
WarriorPoints : 33809
Female Posts : 5555

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 150,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett January 10th 2013, 16:29

Well I'd like to know how it is supposed to be done specifically but thanks cheesestar.
Scarlett
Scarlett
IceClan Leader
IceClan Leader

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Streamstar January 10th 2013, 18:05

It can be written in any style, you can do whatever style you're best at. . I'm not exactly sure yet for a length and detail limit, but I'll write you an example.

Snowpaw blinked opened her eyes as a paw nudged her, and she looked around in confusion for a moment before remembering where she was. My first day as an apprentice! Sunlight was shining into the den, and all the other apprentices except for her brother, Reedpaw, had left. She quickly got to her paws as her brother meowed,
"Stormcloud and Rainwhisker are waiting for us outside!" Reedpaw dashed outside, with Snowpaw following close behind. Her mentor, Stormcloud, was flicking his tail impatiently, while Reedpaw's mentor Rainwhisker had amusement showing in her eyes.
"Stormcloud, I remember when you slept till on sunhigh and missed the dawn patrol when you were an apprentice" Rainwhisker meowed. Snowpaw and Reedpaw giggled, while Stormcloud shot Rainwhisker an irritated look.
"Let's show you around the territory," Stormcloud meowed, changing the subject. Snowpaw and Reedpaw were practically bouncing on their paws as the two warriors led them out of camp. Snowpaw felt her paws fit into the pawprints left by seasons of warriors walking on the path going through the reeds, and as she opened her mouth, she was amazed by all the new and unfarmiliar scents she could find. The reeds opened up and she saw the river for the first time, the water rushing past her, and seeming to go on it either direction forever. She stuck her paw in and enjoyed the feeling of the cool, fresh water flowing past her paw. She glanced over and realized the others were crossing the river at a shallower spot. Stormcloud beckoned with his tail for her to join them, and she ran up the join him. She walked alongside her mentor as she felt the river soaking her pelt as she crossed. The water went up to her neck as she crossed the middle of the river, but as she neared the other bank, it got shallower, and soon her reached the shore. They walked along the side of the river until they approached large rocks jutting up from the shore, where Snowpaw climbed up onto them and relaxed on the sun-warmed rocks.
"This is Sunningrocks," Rainwhisker meowed, "Over there is the border with Thunderclan. Scent the air and remember that smell, since you may have to fight them someday. There have been many battles between Thunderclan and Riverclan over Sunningrocks." Snowpaw nodded and scented the air, taking in the forest-like scent of Thunderclan. Reedpaw stepped closer to smell it better, but then, Stormcloud pulled him back.
"You almost crossed the border," Stormcloud warned the apprentice, "You don't want a Thunderclan patrol to catch you on their side of the border." They continued exploring the territory until Rainwhisker stopped them.
"Ahead of here is the gorge. Cats have died falling down it. Its too dangerous to go there right now, since the cliff has been unstable lately," Rainwhisker meowed. Snowpaw shuddered at the thought of falling down it. Snowpaw followed behind Stormcloud as the two warriors showed them the borders and different parts of the territory.
The sun was begining to set, and Stormcloud meowed, "We better be getting back to camp, you two must be getting hungry." Snowpaw was too hungry to argue, so she followed obediantly behind the warriors. By the time she stumbled into camp, she could barely keep her eyes open. She grabbed a fish from the fresh kill pile, and she sat down next to Reedpaw by the apprentice den. The two apprentices shared the fish, and Snowpaw fell asleep as soon as she got into her nest. Snowpaw sat by the river, and quickly, she pulled out the biggest fish that she had ever seen. Everyone congradulated her on her amazing catch. I'll be the best hunter in the clan someday.....

(that last part was her dream)

It doesn't have to be that long, but try to be pretty detailed.
Streamstar
Streamstar
RiverClan Leader
RiverClan Leader

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Ren January 10th 2013, 18:19

Username: DawnStorm
Apprentice's Name: Rainpaw/Rainshadow
Apprentice Description: A silver and white tabby; she has a white lowerpart (legs, paws, under belly) and a silver top part. Her white goes under her chin and her silver goes up to her face. She has coal-black tabby markings and some of her fur is tipped with gray-blue. She has 4 inch claws and normal fangs. She has blue eyes
Mentor's Name: Dragonstripe
Clan: ShadowClan
Starting Date: Friday, Jan. 11 (I'm going to start my first entry today, finish them tommorow if that's fine)

Last edited by DawnStorm on January 10th 2013, 18:39; edited 1 time in total
Ren
Ren
Loner

Custom Rank : Ҏartaӳ (;
WarriorPoints : 4410
Female Posts : 1306

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 50,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett January 10th 2013, 18:21

Okay. Looks more fanfic styled to me but I'll start after I get my prologue done for my fanfic since I'm feeling moderately inspired today. Thanks and sorry for making you type out so much but it did help clear things up a bit. I still advise doing a character or word limit for this though if it is going to become a badge event. It would make it a bit more worth while as an achievement, in my opinion at least.
Scarlett
Scarlett
IceClan Leader
IceClan Leader

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazelstar January 10th 2013, 18:34

Username: Silversnow
Apprentice's Name: Hazelpaw/Hazelstorm.
Apprentice Description: A white long-haired she-cat with green eyes.
Mentor's Name: Flamelily.
Clan (must be one from the books; no made up clans allowed): SKYCLAN.
Starting Date: 1-10-13
Hazelstar
Hazelstar
Loner

Custom Rank : Skyclan's Leader
WarriorPoints : 7130
Female Posts : 463

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 30,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Streamstar January 12th 2013, 10:08

Announcement: The word minimum is now 350.
Streamstar
Streamstar
RiverClan Leader
RiverClan Leader

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content