Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

The Time of Shadows Banner10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

The Time of Shadows Banner10

Warrior Cats Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Time of Shadows

+5
Wildclaw
Hazeldust
Nyx
Nightfrost
Ivyshine
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Time of Shadows Empty The Time of Shadows

Post by Ivyshine February 27th 2011, 19:47

Silverleaf sighed as she collapsed into her soft, moss-lined nest for the first time in what seemed like moons. Between gathering herbs to replace the ever-depleted supply and healing the half of ThunderClan that was wounded, it seemed like there was never time to sleep. Leafdapple, her mentor, was always there to help, of course, but it was as if they needed the healthy warriors to help out with the duties. There was simply too much to do. The recent attack from the band of rogues that named themselves “BloodClan”—after the legendary clan that invaded in Firestar’s time—had wounded ThunderClan’s warriors and pride. Though they had won this first battle, they’d just barely fought hard enough. Their warriors were wounded equally on either side. Plus, they all knew that there were many more encounters to come. Silverleaf shuddered at the prospect of worse battles than this, for this time, BloodClan was simply giving the clans a taste of what was possible.
Finally, Silverleaf fell into a deep, yet troubled sleep.
Silverleaf was in a hollow, surrounded by the sounds and smells of battle: cries and blood. Suddenly the scene changed. Silverleaf was in a meadow of StarClan. Moonlight washed over the small, grassy area, making everything look silvery. Warriors gazed at her through the trees with eyes that glowed as bright as the stars overhead. The legendary medicine cat, Spottedleaf, approached her. Her eyes were grim when she looked worriedly into her eyes. “Silverleaf. Your clan depends on you in this time of need. The prophecy is only just beginning to unfold. To defeat BloodClan, remember this:
"The elements will unite, and all blood will run cold.”
Shivering at the distant sound of Spottedleaf’s voice, Silverleaf nodded. I won’t forget it, she thought.
Suddenly, wild-eyed cats broke into the meadow, chasing StarClan’s warriors inside. Yowls echoed in Silverleaf’s ears, as total chaos broke out.
“Cats from the Dark Forest! How were they able to cross the boundaries?” Spottedleaf panicked.
Silverleaf fell as a cat from the Dark Forest clawed her side. She met Spottedleaf’s eyes as she said, “Remember what I said, Silverleaf!”
Her vision went black.
Ivyshine
Ivyshine
RiverClan Warrior
RiverClan Warrior

Custom Rank : Member
WarriorPoints : 5156
Female Posts : 191

Back to top Go down

The Time of Shadows Empty Re: The Time of Shadows

Post by Nightfrost February 27th 2011, 20:49

whoa... that was really, really suspenful and awesome! I really can't wait to see the next one! Hurry, and write it fast, fast FAST!!!
Nightfrost
Nightfrost
RiverClan Senior Warrior
RiverClan Senior Warrior

WarriorPoints : 8873
Female Posts : 1561

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 9950

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 27th 2011, 22:30

That was great Happy

But our warrior ancestors tell us it's time for thunder and lightning; GO THUNDERCLAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx March 3rd 2011, 15:57

Boo ThunderClan!
Nyx
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Custom Rank : 2bright4u
WarriorPoints : 38660
Female Posts : 6814

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 150,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightfrost March 4th 2011, 20:50

Go RiverClan!
Nightfrost
Nightfrost
RiverClan Senior Warrior
RiverClan Senior Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 4th 2011, 22:25

Er, yeah!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 4th 2011, 22:26

Really good!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazeldust March 5th 2011, 09:52

Okay guys...don't erupt into another e-war and just enjoy Ivyshine's fanfic!
Hazeldust
Hazeldust
Loner

Custom Rank : WHAT
WarriorPoints : 9010
Female Posts : 1799

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 12,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildclaw March 5th 2011, 12:49

TOO LATE :srifle: :mgun: :srifle: Super Mad :fcannon: Evil or Very Mad :srifle: :911t: :rifle: :lambo: :fthrower: :bmw: Rocket Launcher :camaro: Sword :shurriken: Shuriken affraid :tank: :| Crying or Very sad Razz
Wildclaw
Wildclaw
Loner

WarriorPoints : 4837
Male Posts : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazeldust March 5th 2011, 15:16

Wildclaw! Really! Calm down! Shadowclan is patient ad lethal. They wait until the enemy is weak, then strike them down. Not that they couldn't take down an invasion, but it would be more practical not to provoke a war. So CALM DOWN.
Hazeldust
Hazeldust
Loner

Custom Rank : WHAT
WarriorPoints : 9010
Female Posts : 1799

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 12,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivyshine March 6th 2011, 10:49

Chapter 2
Silverleaf woke, sweating and panting, with Leafdapple and Rosepaw gazing anxiously at her. She got up from her nest and shook herself.
“Are you okay? You were mewling in your sleep, and you were mumbling about the Dark Forest!” Rosepaw’s pale green eyes were huge with worry.
“I’m fine, I’m fine,” Silverleaf spoke quickly, a bit too quickly to pass as nonchalant.
“There’s blood on your fur! What happened, Silverleaf?” Leafdapple’s scared and suspicious eyes revealed her knowledge that she was hiding something.
Glancing down, Silverleaf noticed her side. It was caked with blood, and it hurt when she moved to lick it away.
“Rosepaw, I think I can handle the situation from here. Why don’t you ask Shadowsong if she wants to go hunting with you? I heard that the meadow is positively full of rabbits. You could catch one or two to take to the elders or even Maplestar.” Leafdapple threw an irresistible trap at Rosepaw so that she would have an exuse to leave.
“Okay! Bye Silverleaf! Bye Leafdapple!” She bounced off, utterly oblivious to the dreary situation of the clan.
“Now that we’re alone, tell me what happened.”
After she filled her mentor in, Silverleaf asked, “What do you think Spottedleaf means? The elements will unite, and all blood will run cold.”
“We cannot always immediately understand our warrior ancestors. But right now, I want you to go and apply a poppy seed-and-marigold poultice to Appleheart’s hind leg. She twisted it on a branch and it’s throbbing.”
Sighing hugely, she set to work making the poultice. After chewing over the prophecy like a particularly tough bit of rabbit, she sighed again and shook her head. A kit was wailing outside. Probably jumped on a thorn because they weren’t paying attention, she thought, annoyed.
Grasping a leaf-wrapped bundle of dock leaves along with her poultice bundle, she ducked out of the dark, quiet medicine cat den and into the loud, bright main clearing of the camp. Sure enough, Snowkit was hopping on three paws and wailing his fluffy white head off. Just making more work for me and wasting the precious time in the day that I have, Silverleaf thought. Then she felt a flood of remorse for thinking such thoughts. It was her job as a medicine cat apprentice to help keep the clan in top condition.
Her feelings changed when she saw another wounded apprentice whining about his twisted foot.
She shook her head slightly, conscious of the two delicate packages gently gripped between her teeth. Her breath hissed through clenched teeth.
Some things will never change.

Last edited by Ivyshine on September 5th 2011, 15:33; edited 1 time in total
Ivyshine
Ivyshine
RiverClan Warrior
RiverClan Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivyshine March 6th 2011, 14:44

Brightstar wrote:Boo ThunderClan!

sorry for betraying riverclan its just that i'm used to writing in a thunderclan setting because all the books are mainly placed in their setting Embarassed
Ivyshine
Ivyshine
RiverClan Warrior
RiverClan Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx March 6th 2011, 17:58

It's okay. I did it too.
Nyx
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx March 6th 2011, 17:59

By the way, nice adding.
Nyx
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx March 6th 2011, 17:59

Did you see Sign of the Stars?
Nyx
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightfrost March 7th 2011, 18:00

Yeah It's good
Nightfrost
Nightfrost
RiverClan Senior Warrior
RiverClan Senior Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivyshine March 18th 2011, 18:06

Brightstar wrote:By the way, nice adding.

what do you mean?
Ivyshine
Ivyshine
RiverClan Warrior
RiverClan Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivyshine March 18th 2011, 18:21

nope checkin now.....
Ivyshine
Ivyshine
RiverClan Warrior
RiverClan Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx March 20th 2011, 09:55

What? scratch
Nyx
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivyshine March 20th 2011, 11:46

what?
scratch Shocked
Ivyshine
Ivyshine
RiverClan Warrior
RiverClan Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivyshine March 20th 2011, 12:12

Chapter 3
After treating the two clumsy cats and Appleheart, Silverleaf left to gather more herbs. They were running low on their supply of bristlepine. The strong needles were useful in tying herbs bundles together, and the sap of the tree was perfect for a kit’s cough and stomachache, which Leafpool, the famous ex-medicine cat, discovered.
She was glad for her chance alone so that she could think about the prophecy.
“Hi, Silverleaf!” A bright, cheery voice broke her out of her reverie. She turned to see who it was.
“Oh, hi, Runningpaw.”
“Mousefur said that I’m ready for my assessment! I can’t wait, but I’m too nervous even to eat! Are you going to gather herbs?”
Silverleaf sighed mentally. She knew where this was going. “Yeah, we’re low on some of the really useful ones.”
“Could I come and help? I won’t bother you, just give me a sample of it and I’ll sniff out what I can.”
Well, now what was she supposed to do? She couldn’t very well say ‘no’ now, could she? Sigh. “Okay, just go check with Mousefur and ask if it’s alright.”
“That’s okay. It’s my free time right now, so I can do whatever I want.”
Oh, whatever. “Fine. We’re looking for rosemary, because Thistlefur’s joints are aching; hyssop, for traveling herbs; celandine to heal Littlefoot’s scratched eye; and borage, because Honeyfern needs to feed her kits. Oh, and also bristlepine, just because we use it so much.”
Runningpaw’s bright emerald eyes were huge. He was about her age—a little older even—but he wasn’t used to the amount of work that Silverleaf had to do in a day.
They took the back exit to leave camp. Silverleaf slipped through the shadows silently while Runningpaw bounded through the woods like an excited kit, chattering constantly and scaring away any prey within a ten mile radius.
Finally, Silverleaf couldn’t take it anymore. “Could you be quiet for two minutes?! I was hoping to catch some prey while we were here, but with you yapping your maw, that’s hardly a possibility!”
The woods, cleared of birds by Runningpaw’s chatter, were silent. Then, Runningpaw spoke once again. “I thought I would lift your spirits because you were so deep in thought and stressed.”
Silverleaf was surprised, but still annoyed. “Did you think talking at me would help?”
“Fine,” Runningpaw said. “I’ll talk with you.”
His intense gaze made her feel exposed, like he knew everything that was going on. “A-about what?”
“What are you stressed about?” When she didn’t respond, he said, “Sometimes, even though they don’t fully understand, strangers are easier to talk to about problems than cats who know all about them.”
“I-I can’t tell you.”
“Why not? You can trust me, you know.”
His stare was really freaking her out. “Would you stop staring at me?!”Silverleaf blurted.
“Sorry,” he said, not sounding even vaguely remorseful. “But tell me, what’s wrong?”
“That, Runningpaw, is probably the one thing I could never tell you. At least, not yet. It wouldn’t help anyone, having the knowledge.”
“Maybe it w—”
Maybe, Runningpaw, we should collect the herbs we came here to get. If you really want to help me, for the love of StarClan, just go find some rosemary.”
Silverleaf’s mind reeled. Why was Runningpaw so desperate to find out the prophecy? Why does he need to know? Who was he planning on telling once he found out?

But the thing that bothered her the most, the thing that nudged her thoughts for the rest of the day, no matter how hard she tried to stop thinking about it was: Why had she felt so willing to give it to him?

Last edited by Ivyshine on September 5th 2011, 15:36; edited 2 times in total
Ivyshine
Ivyshine
RiverClan Warrior
RiverClan Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivyshine March 20th 2011, 12:16

Brightstar wrote:What? scratch