Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

Hearts Linked Banner10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

Hearts Linked Banner10

Warrior Cats Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hearts Linked

+2
Honeystar
Caraway
6 posters

Go down

Hearts Linked Empty Hearts Linked

Post by Caraway September 18th 2011, 20:26

Okay! Here's my third fan-fic (I don't think I'll abandon this one) so yeah... i'm putting the parts in spoilers to save space.
Characters

Tribe of the Whispering Forest
Leader: Petalstar – slim tortoiseshell she-cat with green eyes and a very pink nose
Deputy: Hazelclaw – light brown tom with white patches and amber eyes
Medicine cat: Dreamwhisper – very beautiful white she-cat with stunning indigo eyes
Warriors:
Sweetleaf – gorgeous silver tabby she-cat with forest green eyes
Birchstripe – brown tabby tom with yellow eyes (she-cats think he's cute)
Cloudmist – (girly?) pure white tom (except for black tail tip) and green eyes
Fernspots – small and furry she-cat with black and white fur and blue eyes
Maplefrost- long-haired brown and grey she-cat with amber eyes
Meadowbloom – grey she-cat with one blue and and one green eye
Oakwhisker – muscular brown tom with blue eyes
Rabbitfur – small dusky grey and white she-cat with piercing blue eyes
Embershine – reddish-brownish she-cat with amber eyes
Dustwhisker – handsome grey tabby tom with yellow eyes
Dawnfire – tortoiseshell she-cat with green-blue eyes
Duskfeather – white, grey and black tom with amber eyes
Ravenstrike – handsome black tom with a white paw and yellow eyes
Thrushflight – bluish-black tom with yellow eyes

Apprentices:
Swiftpaw – grey she-cat with dark blue eyes (Swiftmist)
Snowpaw – white she-cat with a black spot over her left eye (blue eyes, Snowbloom)
Thornpaw – orange tabby tom with amber eyes (Thornblaze)
Pearlpaw – silvery grey she-cat with green eyes (Pearlflower)

Queens:
Mistflower – Hazelclaw's mate, pearly white she-cat with blue eyes. Mother of Robinkit (bluish grey she-cat with green eyes, Robinfeather), Lionkit (golden tom with green eyes, Liontail)
Goldenshine – Ravenstrike's mate, sunny yellow tabby with golden orange stripes and blue eyes. Mother of Stormkit (grey and white tom with green eyes, Stormfeather), Amberkit (orange tabby she-cat with yellow eyes, Amberlight) and Nightkit (black she-cat with green eyes, Nightblossom)

Elders:
Specklefrost – frail yellow she-cat with faint orange spots and green eyes. Mother of Duskfeather and Dawnfire, mate of Thistlestorm (deceased).
Peachwhisker – small light orange tom with thin fuzzy fur and yellow eyes
Patchfall – oldest cat in the Clan, patchy brown tom with a white muzzle and half-closed blue eyes, can't walk

Story:
Somewhere, in the middle of the ocean, there is an undiscovered island. Only rare or apparently non-existent animals live here, such as the green ostrich. But among these strange creatures, there is a tribe of cats, which are probably the most normal thing there is on that island. The cats are known by the rest of the animals as The Tribe of the Whispering Forest, since they live in the dense jungle in the middle of the island.
Now here's where our heroes come in and the peace goes out...

Coverpage
Hearts Linked Coverp10

More Pix (there's one for each part)
Hearts Linked Coverp12
Hearts Linked Coverp13
Hearts Linked Coverp14

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Cloudmist:
The sunshine was so beautiful on the golden day lilies outside the medicine hollow. Cloudmist wanted to touch the light, thinking it would be warm and soothing. He felt light-headed from sleeping since he got back from his expedition with Fernspots. Cloudmist began to stand up, but then a jolt of pain ran through his spine and buzzed until it seemed to fly off the end of his tail. He crumpled to the ground. That's right he thought. Dreamwhisper told me i had sprained my back or something. [i] Right after that, he had collapsed in the den, watching Fernspots' tail bob eagerly as she went off the the fresh-kill pile. He had assumed she was just hungry after seeing the tako fruit. Then he gasped. [i] The tako fruit! It lay half shrivelled in the clearing right in front of the medicine den. Painfully, Cloudmist dragged himself out and grabed the fruit. Just then, it began to rain. What next, a ten-legged octopus marches into camp? he thought, depressed. But one octopus had managed to get into camp and devour Cloudmist's friend, Fuzzypaw, when they were appentices. At that time Fuzzypaw had been in training to be a medicine cat, too. (Remember that! It's important).

Fernspots:
It had never occurred to Fernspots that she could injure Cloudmist that badly, just by falling on his back. Just blame the tako fruit she though, panicking. It looked delicious first!
Dreamwhisper treaded lightly through the wet undergrowth of the jungle and carefully avoided the masses of jumbo flowering ants (ants with flowers growing from their buttox). She came to a stop in front of a mysterious purple flower growing in the shadows.
“H-how?” Dreamwhisper gasped suddenly, causing Fernspots to bump into her. “It hasn't been.. 1000 years yet.”
“Huh?” Fernspots mewed, confused. “Did your great-great-great-great-great granny use that in her fur?”
“No,” Dreamwhisper's voice rose. “It's a sign.”
“Of what?” Fernspots asked innocently.
“Of it of course,” she snapped back.
Fernspots was shocked. She was silent all the way back to camp. Whatever could make Dreamwhisper, the one and only serene one, snap at one of her closest buds, was quite serious indeed.
•♦♣♥♠•
Dreamwhisper stormed into the camp, shouting, “It's back! But why?!”
Petalstar, the tribe's leader and Dreamwhisper's littermate, gasped. “Are you... REALLY?!”
“Yes,” Dreamwhisper mewed, her voice breaking. “Now please excuse me as I prepare herbs.”
Fernspots hestitated at the sudden thought of Cloudmist. “But we didn't gather any-”
“Silence!” she growled in return and sulked all the way to her den.
“What is this? Please explain to me!” Fernspots cried.
Petalstar licked her lips. “I'll tell you. Bring that big rabbit from the fresh-kill pile to my den and I'll explain.”
•♦♣♥♠•
Fernspots settled in next to her leader and carefully (trying not to be awkward) tucked her front paws underneath her. She was uncomfortable, but she decided she would looks ridiculous if she took longer to settle in.
“You brought the rabbit,” Petalstar mewed softly. “I am thankful.”
“Er, yes,” Fernspots stuttered. “Um... th-the story, um, I mean, if you don't mind, I would like to know-”
“Yes,” sighed Petalstar.
The sigh made Fernspots feel like she was unwanted. But she stayed put. Be confident she secretly said to herself.
“Here goes,” Petalstar mewed. “Long ago, when Dreamwhisper and I were senior apprentices, there was one cat named Fuzzypaw.”
“Cloudmist's other best friend,” Fernspots gulped. “The one that was eaten by an octopus.”
Petalstar chuckled sadly. “Yes, that one. Anyways, he was in training to become a medicine cat. Both Dreamwhisper and I were secretly in love with him. Actually, but we knew it was forbidden. But one day, Dreamwhisper brought him fresh-kill. They bonded in the medicine den. But that day, when he supposedly got eaten by the octopus, he actually...”
Her voice broke.
“Let me tell you this first,” Petalstar choked. “There's a stone, called the Elemental Glory. It's said to reappear every 1000 years.”
“That's what Dreamwhisper was so upset about!” Fernpsots burst out. Then she blushed. “B-but why? Oh... sorry.”
“Anyways, it reappears every 1000 years. It can grant the person who finds it one wish – anything. So, that day when the octopus snuck into camp, Fuzzypaw actually snuck out.
From what the mountain cats say, he found the Elemental Glory and wished to be with Dreamwhisper. But it was the wrong time. Dream told me that he appeared next to her while she was smoking some herbs for a tonic, but he fell into the coals and burned to death. It was really tragic. But don't tell anyone – only Dream and I know about this. We have covered the story up using the story the kits call 'Ten legs of doom' That's the story.”
“But.. that's only been a few moons or so,” Fernspots mewed urgently. “The stone is... b-b-b-back?”
“Yes,” Petalstar said.
Suddenly, Dreamwhisper burst into the den. “I heard.”
“Dream, I'm so-” Petalstar began.
“I wanted to tell her anyway,” Dreamwhisper sighed sadly. “A prophecy came just now.”
“Tell us,” Fernspots mewed.
Dreamwhisper breathed in and out.
“One soul will be lost,
the hero's sacrifice will be the cost,
One's destiny is sealed
and the weight of the tragedy one must wield.” [/spoiler]

Spoiler:

Last edited by CheeseStar on September 22nd 2011, 21:07; edited 7 times in total
Caraway
Caraway
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Custom Rank : Behind the Mask
WarriorPoints : 33829
Female Posts : 5555

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 150,000

Back to top Go down

Hearts Linked Empty Re: Hearts Linked

Post by Honeystar September 18th 2011, 20:27

Awesome!! Happy
Honeystar
Honeystar
WindClan Warrior
WindClan Warrior

Custom Rank : The Sweetest Leader
WarriorPoints : 10456
Male Posts : 2451

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 25,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx September 18th 2011, 21:03

I like it. Complicated! Very Happy
Nyx
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Custom Rank : 2bright4u
WarriorPoints : 38673
Female Posts : 6814

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraway September 19th 2011, 19:52

eh... thanks.. Sweat now i feel all weird again like i want to scream and throw my head into a huge bucket of jelly beans. o.O

here's the next part...

Cloudmist:
The sunshine was so beautiful on the golden day lilies outside the medicine hollow. Cloudmist wanted to touch the light, thinking it would be warm and soothing. He felt light-headed from sleeping since he got back from his expedition with Fernspots. Cloudmist began to stand up, but then a jolt of pain ran through his spine and buzzed until it seemed to fly off the end of his tail. He crumpled to the ground. That's right he thought. Dreamwhisper told me i had sprained my back or something. [i] Right after that, he had collapsed in the den, watching Fernspots' tail bob eagerly as she went off the the fresh-kill pile. He had assumed she was just hungry after seeing the tako fruit. Then he gasped. [i] The tako fruit! It lay half shrivelled in the clearing right in front of the medicine den. Painfully, Cloudmist dragged himself out and grabed the fruit. Just then, it began to rain. What next, a ten-legged octopus marches into camp? he thought, depressed. But one octopus had managed to get into camp and devour Cloudmist's friend, Fuzzypaw, when they were appentices. At that time Fuzzypaw had been in training to be a medicine cat, too. (Remember that! It's important).

Fernspots:
It had never occurred to Fernspots that she could injure Cloudmist that badly, just by falling on his back. Just blame the tako fruit she though, panicking. It looked delicious first!
Dreamwhisper treaded lightly through the wet undergrowth of the jungle and carefully avoided the masses of jumbo flowering ants (ants with flowers growing from their buttox). She came to a stop in front of a mysterious purple flower growing in the shadows.
“H-how?” Dreamwhisper gasped suddenly, causing Fernspots to bump into her. “It hasn't been.. 1000 years yet.”
“Huh?” Fernspots mewed, confused. “Did your great-great-great-great-great granny use that in her fur?”
“No,” Dreamwhisper's voice rose. “It's a sign.”
“Of what?” Fernspots asked innocently.
“Of it of course,” she snapped back.
Fernspots was shocked. She was silent all the way back to camp. Whatever could make Dreamwhisper, the one and only serene one, snap at one of her closest buds, was quite serious indeed.
♦️♣️♥️♠️
Dreamwhisper stormed into the camp, shouting, “It's back! But why?!”
Petalstar, the tribe's leader and Dreamwhisper's littermate, gasped. “Are you... REALLY?!”
“Yes,” Dreamwhisper mewed, her voice breaking. “Now please excuse me as I prepare herbs.”
Fernspots hestitated at the sudden thought of Cloudmist. “But we didn't gather any-”
“Silence!” she growled in return and sulked all the way to her den.
“What is this? Please explain to me!” Fernspots cried.
Petalstar licked her lips. “I'll tell you. Bring that big rabbit from the fresh-kill pile to my den and I'll explain.”
♦️♣️♥️♠️
Fernspots settled in next to her leader and carefully (trying not to be awkward) tucked her front paws underneath her. She was uncomfortable, but she decided she would looks ridiculous if she took longer to settle in.
“You brought the rabbit,” Petalstar mewed softly. “I am thankful.”
“Er, yes,” Fernspots stuttered. “Um... th-the story, um, I mean, if you don't mind, I would like to know-”
“Yes,” sighed Petalstar.
The sigh made Fernspots feel like she was unwanted. But she stayed put. Be confident she secretly said to herself.
“Here goes,” Petalstar mewed. “Long ago, when Dreamwhisper and I were senior apprentices, there was one cat named Fuzzypaw.”
“Cloudmist's other best friend,” Fernspots gulped. “The one that was eaten by an octopus.”
Petalstar chuckled sadly. “Yes, that one. Anyways, he was in training to become a medicine cat. Both Dreamwhisper and I were secretly in love with him. Actually, but we knew it was forbidden. But one day, Dreamwhisper brought him fresh-kill. They bonded in the medicine den. But that day, when he supposedly got eaten by the octopus, he actually...”
Her voice broke.
“Let me tell you this first,” Petalstar choked. “There's a stone, called the Elemental Glory. It's said to reappear every 1000 years.”
“That's what Dreamwhisper was so upset about!” Fernpsots burst out. Then she blushed. “B-but why? Oh... sorry.”
“Anyways, it reappears every 1000 years. It can grant the person who finds it one wish – anything. So, that day when the octopus snuck into camp, Fuzzypaw actually snuck out.
From what the mountain cats say, he found the Elemental Glory and wished to be with Dreamwhisper. But it was the wrong time. Dream told me that he appeared next to her while she was smoking some herbs for a tonic, but he fell into the coals and burned to death. It was really tragic. But don't tell anyone – only Dream and I know about this. We have covered the story up using the story the kits call 'Ten legs of doom' That's the story.”
“But.. that's only been a few moons or so,” Fernspots mewed urgently. “The stone is... b-b-b-back?”
“Yes,” Petalstar said.
Suddenly, Dreamwhisper burst into the den. “I heard.”
“Dream, I'm so-” Petalstar began.
“I wanted to tell her anyway,” Dreamwhisper sighed sadly. “A prophecy came just now.”
“Tell us,” Fernspots mewed.
Dreamwhisper breathed in and out.
“One soul will be lost,
the hero's sacrifice will be the cost,
One's destiny is sealed
and the weight of the tragedy one must wield.”

Caraway
Caraway
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Icestar September 19th 2011, 20:44

I like it! Your really good at writing stories! Smile
Icestar
Icestar
Loner

Custom Rank : Master Assassin
WarriorPoints : 15929
Female Posts : 1807

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 45,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainfeather September 19th 2011, 21:35

Yes please continue!! (:
Rainfeather
Rainfeather
Loner

Custom Rank : Peachy Keen!
WarriorPoints : 8306
Female Posts : 826

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 15,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx September 20th 2011, 17:16

Ooh, that's really good, Cheesey!
Nyx
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Custom Rank : 2bright4u
WarriorPoints : 38673
Female Posts : 6814

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraway September 20th 2011, 20:03

thanks. Smile i'm keeping up on this actually. here's the next part:

Cloudmist:
Cloudmist had fallen asleep during the time he was waiting for Fernspots. He didn't usually have dreams, but possibly because he was in the medicine den, one came to him.
Cloudmist was in a cave filled with glimmering purple and blue geodes. The walls were literally reflecting his image in an indigo collage. Where am I? he thought. He walked ahead into a brighter cavern. Something glittery was dripping down the walls. It was clear and pristine. But suddenly, it turned a deep shade of red. It was blood. Cloudmist jumped back in fear, and felt a familiar warmth next to him, as well as a scent he could never forget. But it was mixed with the smell of burning coals, too.
“Fuzzypaw?” Cloudmist mewed, quivering to the bone.
“Hey,” Fuzzypaw replied, not exactly sounding like what Cloudmist thought StarClan cats would sound like in dreams. “Do you know why I came?”
“Um... To tell me I'm joining you right now?” Cloudmist panicked.
“No.” Fuzzypaw began walking (on air!!) towards the far end of the cave.
“Um, Fuzzy?” Cloudmist asked quietly. “Is that.. b-bl-blood?”
Fuzzypaw stopped. He was beginning to fade. His voice became urgent. “Yes, yes it is. Here's the warning: The cat who ventures here has a choice. If they make a good wish on the Elemental Glory, they will not cease to exist. That blood is mine mixed with the other victims'. If the cat decides to wish based upon greed, they will join me. Remember this cavern – the hints are -”
The cavern shook and Fuzzypaw seemed to disintegrate into a magical dust and float through the ceiling. Rocks began to fall, and the mystical world began to fall apart.
Then Cloudmist woke up.

Fernspots:
After the chat with Petalstar, Fernspots was feeling a bit queasy with grief. She thought she should go visit Cloudmist. But just as she was nearing the entrance, Dustwhisker came.
“Hey, Fernsots, would you like to join Embershine and me for a little hunting?” he mewed casually.
Fernspots' ears went up. Emberstrike was a nice cat, but she would get to hunt with Dustwhisker! She forgot about Cloudmist and didn't even notice him watching her.
“I'm coming,” she replied.
Then Emberstrike came over to join the duo, and the three set off for the Lavender Stream.
It turns out, Embershine was actually a really kind cat and Fernspots became friends with her. Dustwhisker was also congratulating the two she-cats on their efforts a lot.
They came back with a bunch or fresh-kill. Fernspots was happily munching on a thrush with Emberstrike as Dustwhisker took prey to the elders.
“That was fun,” Embershine mewed, her amber eyes glowing.
“Yes, I hope the same trio goes again sometime,” Fernspots replied.
Suddenly, Dreamwhisper came over to them, panting.
“Cloudmist can't be cured with any herbs or tonics,” Dreamwhisper mewed sadly, catching her breath very quickly. “And I think he's allergic to the lotus seeds too. Now he's in pretty bad condition, considering the fact that he's got a fever.”
“Did one fall really do this?” Fernspots meowed, her voice shaking and tears welling up in the eyes. Her happy moment was crushed. “I'll go over.”

Cloudmist:
Fernspots entered through the shady ivy and settled down next to Cloudmist, clearly not afraid of him.
“Fern...spots?” he mumbled, feeling extremely hot. But his feet were extremely cold.
“Yes,” she mewed softly. “I'm sorry.”
“It's okay,” he replied bitterly. Clearly it was not okay, and he was bugged by something.
“Are you really... Incurable?” she asked.
“I'm sure.”
Fernspots sighed. “You know, I think Dustwhisker's pretty handsome don't you think?”
Cloudmist chuckled sadly. “Through your eyes. I would never be like that to any she-cat.”
Fernspots sensed something in his voice, but she didn't say anything. She's obviously in love with that Dusty cat, Cloudmist thought.
Then Dreamwhisper came in. “I know of one cure.”
Fernspots sat up eagerly. That pleased Cloudmist, but then he was sad again because she probably just wanted to get this over with so she could return to Dustwhisker.
“Yes?” Fernspots mewed breathlessly.
“It's a rare beetle,” Dreamwhisper explained. “Its heart can replenish the body to complete health if eaten.”
“Really?” Fernpsots replied. “Where do I find it?”
That also made Cloudmist happy, how she seemed to want to do it for him.
“In the volcano, deep in the magma pools,” Dreamwhisper mewed.
“What?! I'm not going in there,” Fernspots said defensively.
“I know of one other cure actually,” Dreamwhisper sighed.
“What?” Fernspots asked.
“Wish on the Elemental Glory.”

Fernspots:
Wish on the Elemental Glory?
“Although I'm not quite sure of its location,” Dreamwhisper added.
Cloudmist stirred. “I had a dream. I know the location.”
Fernspots stared at him. “Where?”
“West, towards where the sun sets everyday behind Mt. Kinma. It's in the highest cave, towards the snowy parts. You'll notice that gems grow inside it.”
Fernspots was surprised. A dream?
Dreamwhisper turned to Fernspots. “If you want to cure him, go now.”
Fernspots didn't hesitate as she dashed out of the medicine den. She almost ran straight into Dustwhisker on the way. He smiled.
“We're going to need another patrol for some fruits,” Dustwhisker mewed. “I wanted to go with you.”
“And Embershine?” Fernspots meowed.
“Just you and me,” he replied.
Now Fernspots hesitated. But she felt as though she had to do this. “Sorry. I can't. Tell everyone I might not be back. Go with Embershine.”
Then she dashed towards Mt. Kinma and didn't look back, the words One's destiny is sealed echoing through her mind.
Caraway
Caraway
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Icestar September 20th 2011, 21:41

Yay! Smile I can't wait for you to write more!
Icestar
Icestar
Loner

Custom Rank : Master Assassin
WarriorPoints : 15929
Female Posts : 1807

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 45,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Silentwolf September 20th 2011, 22:21

It`s awesome! Very Happy
Silentwolf
Silentwolf
Loner

Custom Rank : Leader of the skies
WarriorPoints : 4759
Female Posts : 269

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraway September 22nd 2011, 21:02

next part~

General Story (no more points of view)

Fernspots made her way through the thick jungle, heading west. The sun was beginning to set, but the air was as humid as ever. She had already come across the island's only lake, which was located in the middle of the landmass.
Suddenly, a flock of translucent, glow in the dark bats the size of pineapples flew past Fernspots, signalling night. She hadn't realized it, but it was beginning to get really dark. So, she began to search for a nice cave near a fruit tree or something. Fernspots sniffed the air, drawing in scents of lizards (the last resort of food), frogs, spiders and bee-eaters (similar to anteaters). But she also scented something different. It was a honeyberry bush, lush and thick with delicious golden berries the size of apricots. She quickly made her way over and was about to eat a juicy berry when a voice yelled, “Halt!”
•♦♣♥♠•
Standing before her was an old firebird, it seemed, but a blinding flash came over Fernspots and the next thing she knew, the bird had morphed into a beautiful young cat with blazing orange and red fur and the same mysterious hazel eyes.
“What business do you have here, at this time of night?” the cat asked. Its voice was deep, but it seemed female.
“Um... I've come on... a... quest,” Fernspots told the cat, finding the right word for her journey.
The cat's eyes narrowed. “For what?”
Fernspots gulped, unsure of whether or not she should answer that. “A wish.”
“I'll take a wild guess; it's for the Elemental Glory.”
“How'd you know?”
The cat sighed. “I am called Ignisis.”
Suitable, but weird name, thought Fernspots.
“You need a place to stay, no?” Ignisis asked. “You're welcome to stay here. Help yourself to some fruits from the blue nectarine tree, NOT the honeyberry.”
Fernspots gulped again, but she was willing to trust this strange creature.
“I have things to tell you too,” Ignisis mewed, although she sounded like her tongue was beginning to rust. “Come and have a seat.”
•♦♣♥♠•
“So YOU'RE a descendant of the original creator of the Elemental Glory?” Fernspots gasped in disbelief.
“Correction,” Ignisis replied. “I AM the creator.”
“That explains the whole...” Fernspots almost said “wrinkly face”. But instead, she settled for “wisdom.”
“The stone was created a long time ago,” Ignisis continued. “It was when I was a young phoenix.”
“I originally lived in the cloudy skies above the volcano, when it was still active. One day I was sent down the ground to find another food source for our flock, since the birds in the sky began to migrate. After all, the volcano was lowering the temperature since it was cooling. I ran into a cat, actually. He told me his name was Fernsky, very much like your name. We fell in love at first site, since I was, after all, in this form.
“But then the head bird of the flock got very angry. He exiled me, and I was forced to live in this cave. Then he turned Fernsky into that honeyberry bush. If you smell closely, there may be a familiar scent mixed in-”
Fernspots got up and sniffed the bush. “It smells like mother.”
“Yes, of course it does. You are a descendent of Fernsky, lassie. I never realized he already had a mate. Continuing my story...
“As a punishment, the protectors of the island took half my soul and encased it in a stone, what we call the Elemental Glory. The stone reappears every 1000 years, and when that happens, I am free to move around until a being wishes on the stone.
“My soul has been restless for years and years. Every being who has wished on the stone has made a wish out of greed. When a truly beautiful wish is made, my soul will be released.”
Fernspots gasped. “Y-you mean..?”
“No, I am not deceased,” Ignitis chuckled dryly. “Come, let me read your future.”
•♦♣♥♠•
The future-predicting took was a small pool of clear, regular water, surrounded by quartz formations and a few flowers and herbs. Ignisis gracefully swirled the surface with her paw. The pool changed to a murky purple. Fernspots couldn't see anything else inside the pool, but Ignisis seemed to be absorbing some information from it. Finally, after a few moments of silence, Ignisis turned to Fernspots.
“That young fellow, Dustwhisker,” Ignisis said. “He will not be the one.”
Fernspots' heart dropped a little. “And...?”
“When you reach Mt. Kinma, something important will strike you, though I cannot tell what,” she replied coolly. “Now, get some rest. You will head out at dawn, no?”
“Yes,” Fernspots mewed, dipping her head.
This may be a longer journey than I thought, Fernspots realized. And she would be right.
Caraway
Caraway
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 23rd 2011, 16:36