Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

Good Book Series Banner10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

Good Book Series Banner10

Warrior Cats Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good Book Series

+4
Nyx
Moonsong
Blackstone
Streamstar
8 posters

Go down

Good Book Series Empty Good Book Series

Post by Streamstar January 8th 2016, 21:33

In addition to having new roleplays, we should also have some discussions. Have you guys read any good book series lately that you'd recommend? I'm currently reading the Testing series. It is a dystopian series where people live in colonies in America and are slowly revitalizing the Earth, and the government takes the smartest kids and puts them through dangerous tests with harsh punishments so they could go to the University where they will get an education to get the most important jobs. If you like books like the Hunger Games or Divergent you'll probably like it.
Streamstar
Streamstar
RiverClan Leader
RiverClan Leader

Custom Rank : The CodeMaster
WarriorPoints : 8391
Female Posts : 2834

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 75,000

Back to top Go down

Good Book Series Empty Re: Good Book Series

Post by Blackstone January 11th 2016, 14:06

I'm currently reading a whole ton of Robert Muchamore books. I started on the CHERUB series but I've never been able to find the third book in the school's library (although I checked the system that logs the books that are there; they have it but I can't find it) so I've started on Henderson's Boys and I'm on the fourth book, Grey Wolves. Henderson's Boys is a prequel series to CHERUB set in WW2, and it's about a man called Charles Henderson who finds refugee kids (mostly boys) with no families to train as part of an espionage unit to help with the fight against the Nazis. I really like Muchamore's books, the first one I found was Rock War and I've been hooked on his books since!
Blackstone
Blackstone
RiverClan Senior Warrior
RiverClan Senior Warrior

Custom Rank : carolus t-rex
WarriorPoints : 7377
Male Posts : 446

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 35,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonsong January 11th 2016, 20:34

I rarely read 'real' books, at this point, but would recommend the Young Wizards series on general principle. The name is self explanatory, to some extent, though they get steadily darker while still being children's books. Also, 'slow burn', though I disregard the romance that shows up in the 9th or 10th book on the same general principle because wow do I not care. The first one is called 'So You Want To Be A Wizard', and the series is by Diane Duane. I'd. I'd look up the wiki for general themes, first, though, because at least the second book has a huge trigger warning that ought to be stamped on it and the others in less oblique terms for sacrifice, specifically of the self. Happy endings, though, hur-ray. Bluh.
Moonsong
Moonsong
ShadowClan Warrior
ShadowClan Warrior

Custom Rank : < seraphic >
WarriorPoints : 4381
Female Posts : 136

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 15,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx January 12th 2016, 00:04

Omg guys, read The Martian by Andy Weir. It's not YA and it's a stand-alone, but it's a great read. There's some science-y parts that can be difficult to understand but the humor is amazing.

Some of my other YA series favorites are The Raven Boys - Maggie Stiefvater, Legend - Marie Lu, Red Queen - Victoria Aveyard.
Nyx
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Custom Rank : 2bright4u
WarriorPoints : 38612
Female Posts : 6814

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 150,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunstar January 13th 2016, 09:03

I'm reading Avalon. It's a pretty good book. Has been prequel and sequel. Plus, it reminds me of the guardians of the galaxy a whole bunch Razz

Oh, and Shakeapeare. And other non fiction stories like Around the Word in 80 Days.
Sunstar
Sunstar
SkyClan Leader
SkyClan Leader

Custom Rank : Flamin'
WarriorPoints : 5641
Female Posts : 161

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 70,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstone January 13th 2016, 16:52

Nyx wrote:The Martian by Andy Weir
I've heard of that one; I think a couple of my friends read it. I'll have to see if I can find a copy in my school's library q:
Blackstone
Blackstone
RiverClan Senior Warrior
RiverClan Senior Warrior

Custom Rank : carolus t-rex
WarriorPoints : 7377
Male Posts : 446

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Stareye January 15th 2016, 00:17

Blackstone wrote:
I've heard of that one; I think a couple of my friends read it. I'll have to see if I can find a copy in my school's library q:
I've read it, it is very good. It's very enjoyable following Mark Watney and his struggles to survive, I never felt bored or lost when they went into the heavy science stuff.
Speaking of books that were made into movies, has anyone read the Jurassic Park books? I've read the first one and currently reading the second, they're both excellent. They're far better than the movies, in my opinion.
Stareye
Stareye
Reviewer
Reviewer

Custom Rank : Wannabe Storyteller
WarriorPoints : 6246
Female Posts : 598

Warrior Information
Attack Power : N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunderclaw January 28th 2016, 22:09

Stareye wrote:
Blackstone wrote:
I've read it, it is very good. It's very enjoyable following Mark Watney and his struggles to survive, I never felt bored or lost when they went into the heavy science stuff.
Speaking of books that were made into movies, has anyone read the Jurassic Park books? I've read the first one and currently reading the second, they're both excellent. They're far better than the movies, in my opinion.

We have the books, but I haven't read them. I would recommend the Redwall books. They're a lot of stand alones written by Brian Jacques. I would also recommend the Percy Jackson books.
Thunderclaw
Thunderclaw
WindClan Warrior
WindClan Warrior

Custom Rank : The Nightmare
WarriorPoints : 6602
Male Posts : 971

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost January 31st 2016, 02:36

The Testing, Legend and Red Queen are great mentions from above that I've had the pleasure of reading too!

Recently, some notably awesome books I've read are:
The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows (fantasy! and a nice romance)
The Naturals by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (an amazing fiction crime series with complicated characters)
The Shadow Society by Marie Rutkoski (fantasy, supernatural stuff)
Frost
Frost
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Custom Rank : Fab
WarriorPoints : 25594
Female Posts : 4113

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 100,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx January 31st 2016, 20:03

@Stareye: I've never even hard of the Jurassic Park books. o-o They sound interesting though! I've watched the movies, so maybe I'll pick them up sometime.

If anyone appreciates great world-building in fantasy books, I'd recommend:
- The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson
- Eon by Alison Goodman
- Eragon by Chistopher Paolini

Or if anyone like historical fiction, I've really liked reading Code Name Verity and Rose Under Fire, both by Elizabeth Wein. They're both set in WWII.
Nyx
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Custom Rank : 2bright4u
WarriorPoints : 38612
Female Posts : 6814

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 150,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content