Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

Spam?  Banner10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

Spam?  Banner10

Warrior Cats Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spam?

+8
Nyx
Stormheart
Moon
Lunarlight
Fireheart
Frost
Icestar
Caraway
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Should the top posters list be taken off?

Spam?  Vote_lcap67%Spam?  Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 6 ]
Spam?  Vote_lcap22%Spam?  Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 2 ]
Spam?  Vote_lcap11%Spam?  Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

Spam?  Empty Spam?

Post by Caraway December 8th 2011, 20:16

can someone really define spam, like how you can get banned and such for it? well, i'm just saying that some people are posting way too much in one day, replying topic after topic with short acknowledgments. idk about everyone else, but i personally think that that counts as spam. o.o

some suggestions would be to (all of them have pros and cons! you don't have to point them out):
1. Limit of posts per day, or at least per topic per day. or per forum per day
2. longer posts....? (debatable)
3. delete random topics?
4. have a post maximum per topic (have it locked after like 20 pages or something)
5. eliminate the top posters. everyone is competing to be the top poster by spamming, and i think it's stupid.

Last edited by CheeseStar on December 8th 2011, 21:21; edited 1 time in total
Caraway
Caraway
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Custom Rank : Behind the Mask
WarriorPoints : 33809
Female Posts : 5555

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 150,000

Back to top Go down

Spam?  Empty Re: Spam?

Post by Icestar December 8th 2011, 20:20

I agree with this Cheesestar. Some topic have tons of pages and basically everyone just changes the topic of it. I don't think they should get banned but at least warned.
Icestar
Icestar
Loner

Custom Rank : Master Assassin
WarriorPoints : 15909
Female Posts : 1807

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 45,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost December 8th 2011, 20:24

I support the idea! :3
Frost
Frost
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Custom Rank : Fab
WarriorPoints : 25635
Female Posts : 4113

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 100,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Fireheart December 8th 2011, 20:51

I agree on most of the ideas besides the Deleting Top Posters. I mean, I am competing with Skittlestar but it would not be the same without it, just saying Razz
Fireheart
Fireheart
Loner

WarriorPoints : 8446
Male Posts : 1435

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 9500

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraway December 8th 2011, 21:02

it's just that it causes people to post on everything available and before you know it, they've passed you on the top posters list for writing sentences on 7 topics each day. i mean, nightfrost is already seventh on the top posters list. people are spamming that fast.

oh lovely... now some person decided to defame me for posting about spam. thank you for expressing your opinion through that.
Caraway
Caraway
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunarlight December 8th 2011, 21:11

CheeseStar wrote:it's just that it causes people to post on everything available and before you know it, they've passed you on the top posters list for writing sentences on 7 topics each day. i mean, nightfrost is already seventh on the top posters list. people are spamming that fast.

oh lovely... now some person decided to defame me for posting about spam. thank you for expressing your opinion through that.
I'm getting negative voted all the time Crying
Lunarlight
Lunarlight
Loner

Custom Rank : FINE BULLY ME
WarriorPoints : 8766
Male Posts : 1287

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost December 8th 2011, 21:18

Cheesestar... are you talking about me? Suspect

I don't really mean to spam or get into the top posters list. Its just that I roleplay a lot...
Frost
Frost
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraway December 8th 2011, 21:19

huh? you thought i was talking about you? not really. i'm not directing it to anyone really, i just think that the top posters list should be taken out to eliminate competition. some people are spamming for positions, and others are accused of spamming if they're at the top.

i'm kinda against one word posts like "okay" or "cool"... i'm not sure about everyone else. but can we leave the defaming out of personal opinions? Hazeldust and Nightfrost left because they thought it was turning non-warriors-y. Crying oh, but i see them at school. XD

Last edited by CheeseStar on December 8th 2011, 21:24; edited 1 time in total
Caraway
Caraway
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon December 8th 2011, 21:23

CheeseStar wrote:
I have seen on a forum once that doesn't let you post unless you have written at least ten words-it seems like a good idea to me. (Unless that function is already here...)
Moon
Moon
Loner

Custom Rank : Apprentice
WarriorPoints : 4505
Female Posts : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunarlight December 9th 2011, 10:07

Moon wrote:
CheeseStar wrote:
I have seen on a forum once that doesn't let you post unless you have written at least ten words-it seems like a good idea to me. (Unless that function is already here...)
Ten words?! How about ten letters.
Lunarlight
Lunarlight
Loner

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormheart December 9th 2011, 11:22

Some one gave you a negative vote? Why would they do that? *I gave you the positive one to even it out. Wink*

I think it should be removed on IF People start posting way out of hand. I DO NOT agree with one-three word post. And I see that some people post a crazy amount of post a day BUT as Iceclaw said Some people RP a lot I think it will be fine as long as people make there post a little bit longer. Oh I can not STAND when I see this: *Bats billy bobs ears playfully*
*pounces on joes tail* ARRG I just want to rip my hair out when i see that. (Some people have seen it happen in front of me before. It's never pretty...)

I think if even does what they need and supposed to it will be fine. But If spam gets TO OUT OF HAND then remove the top posters thing.
Stormheart
Stormheart
Loner

Custom Rank : Retired EdgeLord
WarriorPoints : 6743
Female Posts : 407

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 20,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx December 9th 2011, 17:06

Well, I suppose I agree on CheeseStar on some of them, but some people have a lot of RPGs they're in. And RPGs are the main part of the website, so locking them after 20 pages wouldn't make much sense. Limiting posts per day wouldn't be smart either, because some people don't post all at once. They come on every few hours, maybe, and post on a few topics. That wouldn't be spamming, and when they run out of posts, well, that would just make a lot of people mad. I think each post should have at least five words, not three, and conversations in topics should be in PMs or in the Chatbox. But if you do conversation while doing an RPG, that's fine.

Ex.
~blah blah blah~
Brightfern run around in circles trying to kill everyone.

-----------------------------------------

Well..... those are my opinions.
Nyx
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Custom Rank : 2bright4u
WarriorPoints : 38653
Female Posts : 6814

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost December 9th 2011, 20:16

5 words would be reasonable! I agree with what Brightstar says too! :3 It makes sense! Stormheart too~
Frost
Frost
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraway December 9th 2011, 20:26

number of posts per hour possibly? i'm not sure about that one... it's debatable. and people say that posting "okay." isn't spam because you're indicating you got the message. and it'd be unreasonable to stretch it out into "okay, i get the message. i'll do that next time blah blah blah". RPG's are becoming really short though. when i first joined, people typed like two paragraphs for RPing. now it's one line.
Caraway
Caraway
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett December 10th 2011, 02:39

To be completely honest I agree with Cheesestar TO AN EXTENT about the list. I notice a lot of people on the chatbox claim that they will outpost someone else or make it onto the list. However, I believe that the point and attack power systems also cause a heavy amount of the spamming.People want to become group leaders so they leave a large amount of posts that say things like ” okay”, ” thanks” or just ”yes” in posts that don't allow for much detailed discussion. I think the top posters section should be removed to attempt to eliminate some of the competition, but I think many of you are ignoring the real reason its being done and that is for the groups and attack power. I would suggest limiting all forums OUTSIDE THE ROLEPLAYING TOPICS to either a certain number of pages or posts but DO NOT limit how many posts a person makes a day because thats not fair to the people that do honest roleplaying. Maybe we can work out a way to limit the posts for those known to spam frequently and block double posting? I hope I haven't offended anyone with this post. Just giving my honest perspective.
Scarlett
Scarlett
IceClan Leader
IceClan Leader

Custom Rank : The Immortal
WarriorPoints : 433501
Female Posts : 3168

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 300,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonclaw December 11th 2011, 00:05

Double posting will now earn you an infraction after 2 reminders.

Top posters modified and will now appear in portal page only
Dragonclaw
Dragonclaw
Administrator
Administrator

Custom Rank : Technical Support
WarriorPoints : 8890
Male Posts : 712

Warrior Information
Attack Power : N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost December 11th 2011, 00:11

Awesome! :3

Thanks Dragonclaw!~
Frost
Frost
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunarlight December 11th 2011, 12:56

Stormheart wrote:Some one gave you a negative vote? Why would they do that? *I gave you the positive one to even it out. Wink*

I think it should be removed on IF People start posting way out of hand. I DO NOT agree with one-three word post. And I see that some people post a crazy amount of post a day BUT as Iceclaw said Some people RP a lot I think it will be fine as long as people make there post a little bit longer. Oh I can not STAND when I see this: *Bats billy bobs ears playfully*
*pounces on joes tail* ARRG I just want to rip my hair out when i see that. (Some people have seen it happen in front of me before. It's never pretty...)

I think if even does what they need and supposed to it will be fine. But If spam gets TO OUT OF HAND then remove the top posters thing.
Haha. Thanks for the support. Thumbs Up
Lunarlight
Lunarlight
Loner

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Icestar of ShadowClan December 11th 2011, 13:18

Also, adding on to what Cheesefur was saying, posting games also give another reason to spam. I mean, people post endlessly in those topics, and those topics stretch multiple pages long. Its just not right.

Also, a word count would be good. Some one said it should be ten letters- I disagree with that, becasue then it would be spam.

And Iceclaw, lots of people RP here alot. Thats a good thing. Keep it up, and if you are RolePlaying, you should make your characters have some action, not just "XYZ walked to the left" or something. I was not trying to direct that last part at Iceclaw. Just clearing that up, cause I know Iceclaw doesnt do that.
Icestar of ShadowClan
Icestar of ShadowClan
ShadowClan Warrior
ShadowClan Warrior

WarriorPoints : 4815
Female Posts : 1907

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 75,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Icestar of ShadowClan December 11th 2011, 13:27

Well, first it was back on the other page and I have a horrible memory, and second if it offends you, don't go back and say- wait, I said that!! That was the reason I didn't go back and check who said it- so no one would get offended.
Icestar of ShadowClan
Icestar of ShadowClan
ShadowClan Warrior
ShadowClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Icestar of ShadowClan December 11th 2011, 13:59

Well, you can go back and delete. Thats what the little trash-can icon is for. (Acually, its an X, but whatever. A trashcan would be cooler.)
Icestar of ShadowClan
Icestar of ShadowClan
ShadowClan Warrior
ShadowClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunarlight December 11th 2011, 14:22

Can't find the X. Sorry. I had to double post because then there would be no way of telling you
Lunarlight
Lunarlight
Loner

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Icestar of ShadowClan December 11th 2011, 14:22

You can go back and edit. And whatever. Ill delete it for you.
Icestar of ShadowClan
Icestar of ShadowClan
ShadowClan Warrior
ShadowClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunarlight December 11th 2011, 14:23

Thanks. Why are you on nthis topic so much?
Lunarlight
Lunarlight
Loner

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett December 11th 2011, 14:24

Hun next time you can just edit your last post instead of double posting. Just offering a solution here. Its at the top right corner of the ost you want to delete.
Scarlett
Scarlett
IceClan Leader
IceClan Leader

Custom Rank : The Immortal
WarriorPoints : 433501
Female Posts : 3168

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 300,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content