Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

Crookedstar's Promise  Banner10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

Crookedstar's Promise  Banner10

Warrior Cats Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crookedstar's Promise

2 posters

Go down

Crookedstar's Promise  Empty Crookedstar's Promise

Post by Guest July 9th 2011, 15:17

Here's some hints to that new book ^.^

This book follows the life of RiverClan leader Crookedstar, who, after his crippling accident, makes a promise to put his Clan above all else. What seemed like such a simple promise grew and grew until he and the ones he loves suffer for it.

Back to top Go down

Crookedstar's Promise  Empty Re: Crookedstar's Promise

Post by Guest July 9th 2011, 15:19

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 9th 2011, 15:21

That new book details why he allowed all the forbidden love between ThunderClan and RiverClan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 9th 2011, 15:23

Hey here is the introduction from the front of the book
A perilous promise
Two healthy kits have just been born in RiverClan—Oakkit and Stormkit. The whole Clan rejoices, and no cat is more pleased than their mother, who immediately recognizes her kits’ innate skill and bravery.

But when tragedy befalls Stormkit and he is permanently disfigured, his mother renames him Crookedkit and casts him aside.

As the young cat grows in strength, he dreams of becoming Clan leader. Then a mysterious cat appears in his dreams, whispering of prophecies untold and destinies undiscovered. She proclaims that Crookedkit will have all that he desires—but he must pledge his undying loyalty to RiverClan.

No cat could ever have imagined the terror and destruction that would lie in one hastily made, seemingly harmless promise.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 9th 2011, 17:30

I read the book already. Pretty good , if you ask me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 9th 2011, 17:48

Lotus-star wrote:
Spoiler:

Doesn't the book also detail Oakheart's affair with Bluestar?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 9th 2011, 22:04

????????????????????????????

Why???? It's about Crookedstar. And why do you want to know anyways?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 10th 2011, 17:49

Blossomheart wrote:????????????????????????????

Why???? It's about Crookedstar. And why do you want to know anyways?
No, it's about Crookedstar but the book discusses why Crookedstar allowed the forbidden love between his bro and this cat from another clan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 10th 2011, 20:48

Pain wrote:
No, it's about Crookedstar but the book discusses why Crookedstar allowed the forbidden love between his bro and this cat from another clan

pah! they need to do a love triangle in warriors Bite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 12th 2011, 10:49

I've just finished the book. It's great Very Happy

I hope to read the Forgotten Warrior when it comes out

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 12th 2011, 11:59

When does The Forgotten Warrior come out? Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stareye July 20th 2011, 18:45

The Forgotten Warrior comes out November 22nd. I hate it that summer has to end and school has to start for the book to come out. Sad
Crookedstar's Promise was an excellent book. I can't decide if I like it better than SkyClan's Destiny though.
Stareye
Stareye
Reviewer
Reviewer

Custom Rank : Wannabe Storyteller
WarriorPoints : 6284
Female Posts : 598

Warrior Information
Attack Power : N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar July 20th 2011, 18:49

I have not read the book yet but it sounds like a good book.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Loner

Custom Rank : In Love
WarriorPoints : 8612
Female Posts : 1997

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 9900

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 22nd 2011, 20:50

Blackclaw wrote:

Doesn't the book also detail Oakheart's affair with Bluestar?

Heehee it was a great book

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar July 22nd 2011, 21:42

Stareye wrote:The Forgotten Warrior comes out November 22nd. I hate it that summer has to end and school has to start for the book to come out. Sad
Crookedstar's Promise was an excellent book. I can't decide if I like it better than SkyClan's Destiny though.

I acually like school.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Loner

Custom Rank : In Love
WarriorPoints : 8612
Female Posts : 1997

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 9900

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 25th 2011, 12:21

Blackclaw wrote:

Heehee it was a great book

It's kind of sad how Crookedkit is renamed his name and how his mother neglected him. Another reason to join ThunderClan!! Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 25th 2011, 13:06

Well, the actions of only one cat doesn't affect the whole Clan, so RiverClan is still as good as it is. And mind you, Ozone, ThunderClan drove their own Clanmate, Mapleshade, and her innocent kits into the river to drown.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 28th 2011, 18:57

It was a good book. Nice, got my money's worth Razz

It was interesting to see the inside of RiverClan and their views.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 11th 2011, 16:35

Overall, I give this book a 8/10. Nice work, Hunter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stareye August 11th 2011, 18:48

WhiteHeart wrote:Well, the actions of only one cat doesn't affect the whole Clan, so RiverClan is still as good as it is. And mind you, Ozone, ThunderClan drove their own Clanmate, Mapleshade, and her innocent kits into the river to drown.
Actullay, that's not true at all. ThunderClan only cast out Mapleshade and her kits; they didn't follow her to the river, or at least Mapleshade never mentioned anything like that. It was an accident that was no one's fault. ThunderClan was still terrible to throw out defenseless kits into the cold, but they never caused their death.
I really liked this super edition. One of the only things I didn't like about it is how it turned into Bluestar's Prophecy really quick. At least with Bluestar's Prophecy, the tragic atmosphere is eased into, but with Crookedstar's Promise, it starts out like a normal Warriors book, but then it randomly drops the reader into a dark, depressing hole where nearly all of Crookedstar's family dies at once. What happened? What I also don't like is how Thistleclaw's dark side is revealed. He's being trained by the Dark Forest. So?? That's a really big letdown, since I was expecting something like an epic battle, something like the fight between Brambeclaw and Hawkfrost in Sunset. Besides that, Crookedstar's Promise was a really great book, and I liked seeing all the new faces and names. It was espically intresting to see some of the cat's background's, like Leopardstar's. It's weird for me to say this, but I actullay wished that Leopardstar played a bigger role in the book. Same with Silverstream.
Stareye
Stareye
Reviewer
Reviewer

Custom Rank : Wannabe Storyteller
WarriorPoints : 6284
Female Posts : 598

Warrior Information
Attack Power : N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 12th 2011, 14:06

Leopardstar did play an okay role. Mudfur being her father and everything. But I have to agree about Silverstream!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 21st 2011, 15:34

I read Crookedstars Promise, it`s definitely my favorite Warrior Book! It is about Crookedstar but it hints about Oakheart and the Thunderlcan cat, known then as Bluefur. It is a tragedic and emotional book, yet intense at the same time. It tells the tragedy of the former Riverclan Leader, Crookedstar. He was known as Stormkit until a horrible tragedy strikes and his name is changed to Crookedkit. Desperate to fit in, Crookedkit joins a group of 'shadowy' warriors to help him become a warrior. He makes what seems a simple promise that causes a line of tragedies. It is arguably one of the best Warrior Cats books.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 22nd 2011, 12:09

Stareye wrote: Actullay, that's not true at all. ThunderClan only cast out Mapleshade and her kits; they didn't follow her to the river, or at least Mapleshade never mentioned anything like that. It was an accident that was no one's fault. ThunderClan was still terrible to throw out defenseless kits into the cold, but they never caused their death.
I really liked this super edition. One of the only things I didn't like about it is how it turned into Bluestar's Prophecy really quick. At least with Bluestar's Prophecy, the tragic atmosphere is eased into, but with Crookedstar's Promise, it starts out like a normal Warriors book, but then it randomly drops the reader into a dark, depressing hole where nearly all of Crookedstar's family dies at once. What happened? What I also don't like is how Thistleclaw's dark side is revealed. He's being trained by the Dark Forest. So?? That's a really big letdown, since I was expecting something like an epic battle, something like the fight between Brambeclaw and Hawkfrost in Sunset. Besides that, Crookedstar's Promise was a really great book, and I liked seeing all the new faces and names. It was espically intresting to see some of the cat's background's, like Leopardstar's. It's weird for me to say this, but I actullay wished that Leopardstar played a bigger role in the book. Same with Silverstream.

Well excellent points Stareye Very Happy
Same here, Leopardstar and Silverstream could have had more of an appearance

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down