Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

Clanless Woods-a Fanfic by Hazeldust Banner10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

Clanless Woods-a Fanfic by Hazeldust Banner10

Warrior Cats Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clanless Woods-a Fanfic by Hazeldust

+11
Caraway
Shadow
Skittlestream
Whitefire
Ivyshine
Aspenfern
Nightfrost
Icestar of ShadowClan
Dragonclaw
Nyx
Hazeldust
15 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Clanless Woods-a Fanfic by Hazeldust Empty Clanless Woods-a Fanfic by Hazeldust

Post by Hazeldust February 6th 2011, 19:43

~Author's note: I haven't read all the Warriors books yet No so I don't exactly know if my characters are real or fake! (Please don't make fun of me Sad ) So, just go along with this, shall we...~

Nightstorm shot up an ancient oak tree delicately, and settled down in a cosy crook where two thick branches protruded from the trunk. Just as his eyelids drooped over his green eyes, a loud rustling noise from the ground woke him up. Hissing irritably, he shook himself roughly and crouched down, ready to pounce on an enemy. True, now there weren't any clans in the forest, after the many battles that tore apart the clans and destroyed them completely. It started when Shadowclan made an alliance with Windclan, and together they had pushed Riverclan out of their territory. But soon after their dark victory, Shadowclan turned traitor, and got rid of Windclan as well. A torrent of cats, both survivors from Windclan and Riverclan returned, ready for revenge, and Shadowclan still wanted Thunderclan's territory. The forest erupted into vicious battles, which ultimately ended all clans. Even the clan leader, MorningStar had died, despite her nine lives. The remaining cats roamed the woods freely, paying no matter to boundary lines and territories any more. Remaining cats such as Nightstorm, who still needed to watch his own back.

"Hey, Nightstorm! It's me! Are you up there?" A cheery voice piped up from the base of the trunk, and Nightstorm rolled his eyes, and climbed down the rough bark. "What do you want, Sorrelpaw?" He snapped at his former apprentice, glaring at his dusty brown-grey fur and wide, grey eyes sparkling with innocence, even after the bloody battles that lasted for several moons. "You promised that you'd still continue my training! I mean, sure, I probably won't ever get my warrior name now, but I still want to be a great hunter and a fiercefighter! Please, Nightstorm? You promised!" Nightstorm regretted his choice the day before, but he had given into his apprentice's wheedles and whines. "Fine," he growled, flicking his tail irritably. "Meet me here at sunhigh tomorrow." "Yes, Nightstorm!" Sorrelpaw yowled joyfully and shot out of view. Probably to go chase beetles or something, Nightstorm thought idly. Might as well go hunting, he thought feeling a pang of hunger prod his stomach.

He scented a tasty mouse, and he tracked the scent, tasting the air with his mouth open. He finally saw the brown mouse, who was nibbling a seed behind a gray boulder near the river. Stalking it silently, Nightstorm pounced, and killed it with one blow. Purring with anticipation, Nightstorm carried the dead mouse to a flattish boulder and devoured the mouse, crunching its small bones and tearing its delicious flesh. He left the remains on the rock, and leapt down to the ground to lap up some water in a small pool of water from the rain the night before. It was quiet, with the wind whispering through the treetops and and river gushing in the distance. No blood or enemies lurking around, ready to pounce on me, he tought contentedly. Feelin unused energy course through his legs, he bounded into the trees, heading towards Sunningrocks. Maybe he'll have his nap there.

He skidded to a halt, and leapt up a warm boulder, soaking in the warmth from the sun. Flopping down the warm surface, waves of exhaustion rolled over Nightstorm once more, and he was on the brink of sleep when another soft voice whispered, "Nightstorm?" Can't anyone get a clawlength of sleep around here? he thought, annoyed. He cracked open one eye, and saw a pearly gray she-cat with gentle blue eyes peering down at him. He scrambled to his paws, fighting off his sleep. "Dawnpelt!" He meowed happily, nuzzling her flank. He thought one of his best friends ahd died in the battles...but no, Dawnpelt was well and alive, right in front of him! "Nightstorm," she purred, licking the fur on his forehead. "I'm glad you're not dead," she murmered, and Nightstorm snorted. "As if. Those Shadowclan warriors would have thought a shadow with teeth fell on them, not a cat," he boasted proudly. Dawnpelt huffed quietly, half in amusement, half-annoyed. "Did you meet anyone else?" He asked, changing the subject. "Yes, Goldenstripe survived with me. We've been hunting together, and she tended to our wounds from the battles." Nightstorm sighed in relief. It was good to hear that their medicine cat had somehow survived as well. "That's good to hear," he replied earnestly. "Sorrelpaw also made it through," he added gruffly. Dawnpelt's queer blue eyes sparkled with amusement. "At least you had some company," she consoled him, flicking her tail. "I guess-" He tried to stifle an enourmous yawn, but failed. "Go to sleep. I'll be here," she purred, and started to groom him, licking his inky-black pelt. Nightstorm felt his eyelids droop once more, and he felt sleep conquer his mind.
But he would have preferred if he had stayed awake, because his dreams weren't exactly pleasant.

Nightstorm was running, running as hard as he could through the forest. Suddenly, the firm ground gave away, melting into dark nothingness. The trees disappeared, replaced by twinkling lights. Nightstorm skidded to a halt. Huh? Where am I? He turned wildly, trying to see where he was, but all he could see was blue-blackness and stars. "Nightstorm," a silvery voice whispered. He turned and yelped. It was a cat-one made up of smoky tendrils of mist and bright stars for eyes. But the pattern of his pelt, the flat muzzle, the pointed ears..."Smokefur?" Nightstorm murmered in awe. He had watched his friend get mauled by two wiry Shadowclan cats, but now here he was, greater and more dazzling than before. His misty, dark grey pelt streaked through with lighter stripes of silver was replaced with the hazy wisps of his spirit, and his bright yellow eyes were shining stars, but he was still friendly Smokefur.

"I look quite dazzling, don't I?" Smokefur meowed smugly. Nightstorm rolled his eyes and snorted-yep, Smokefur was still definitely himself, right down to the small crooked end of his tail. "But you are in grave danger." Smokefur's buoyant attitude suddenly vanished, leaving a dark seriousness that Nightstorm wasn't accustomed to. "What do you mean, I'm in danger? The battles are over. The forest is at peace again. No more boundary lines, every cat is free to roam the entire forest," Nightstorm purred. "Look where you are, Nightstorm. Look down," Smokefur meowed gently. Nightstorm looked around him, and realized he was in Starclan, surrounded by faint silver outlines of cats. Only him, with his dark pelt, blended in with the night sky. Then he glanced down, and saw himself lying on a boulder, with Dawnpelt pressing next to his flank.

"I-I see myself," Nightstorm stammered. "But how-?" "Your spirit is up here, with Starclan." "But I'm not dead!" Nigtstorm cried, thrashing his tail around in anxiety. "No, you're not," Smokefur said seriously. "But there is a great darkness looming ahead of you, far ahead. Too much in advance to outrun. You will face it when the time is right...but for the time being, you will be safe in the forest. Rest, Nightstorm. You will need power and courage to survive what is in store for you." "What? What darkness? Tell me, Smokefur!" Nightstorm meowed. "Gain your energy. Many things are predicted to befall your way. Be brave, my friend. Do not share the same cruel fate as I," he smiled ruefully. Smokefur started to seep away, melting back into the fathomless sky. "No, Smokefur! Come back!" Nightfur yowled, launching himself across the sky. "Be brave, Nightstorm," Smokefur's faint voice trailed back into Nightstorm's ears. Then he was falling, falling back to the earth. He struggled and writhed in panic, but he couldn't stop falling...

...Until the moment he nearly struck the earth, he was jostled from his sleep.

(Authors Note: Hopefully I didn't screw up. And this posts in the right place. There will be more...Did anyone like it? Confused )

Last edited by Hazeldust on July 17th 2011, 18:54; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : My name changed.)
Hazeldust
Hazeldust
Loner

Custom Rank : WHAT
WarriorPoints : 9002
Female Posts : 1799

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 12,000

Back to top Go down

Clanless Woods-a Fanfic by Hazeldust Empty Re: Clanless Woods-a Fanfic by Hazeldust

Post by Guest February 6th 2011, 19:46

Wow that's pretty good. Smokefur is just like me.

Back to top Go down

Clanless Woods-a Fanfic by Hazeldust Empty Re: Clanless Woods-a Fanfic by Hazeldust

Post by Hazeldust February 6th 2011, 19:50

Yay! Thanks, Darkfire. sunny
Watch for more...possibly tomorrow.
Hazeldust
Hazeldust
Loner

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 6th 2011, 19:51

Very Happy Yes! I'll wait for more! Very Happy
Meanwhile I'll just kick back, eat some pizza rolls, and pretend to watch the Super Bowl

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx February 6th 2011, 19:53

You're worse. And Tawnypelt made a good story.
Nyx
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Custom Rank : 2bright4u
WarriorPoints : 38652
Female Posts : 6814

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 150,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx February 6th 2011, 19:54

You don't have a TV. Hahaha.
Nyx
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 6th 2011, 19:59

TawnyPelt wrote:~Author's note: I haven't read all the Warriors books yet No so I don't exactly know if my characters are real or fake! (Please don't make fun of me Sad ) So, just go along with this, shall we...~

Nightstorm shot up an ancient oak tree delicately, and settled down in a cosy crook where two thick branches protruded from the trunk. Just as his eyelids drooped over his green eyes, a loud rustling noise from the ground woke him up. Hissing irritably, he shook himself roughly and crouched down, ready to pounce on an enemy. True, now there weren't any clans in the forest, after the many battles that tore apart the clans and destroyed them completely. It started when Shadowclan made an alliance with Windclan, and together they had pushed Riverclan out of their territory. But soon after their dark victory, Shadowclan turned traitor, and got rid of Windclan as well. A torrent of cats, both survivors from Windclan and Riverclan returned, ready for revenge, and Shadowclan still wanted Thunderclan's territory. The forest erupted into vicious battles, which ultimately ended all clans. Even the clan leader, MorningStar had died, despite her nine lives. The remaining cats roamed the woods freely, paying no matter to boundary lines and territories any more. Remaining cats such as Nightstorm, who still needed to watch his own back.

"Hey, Nightstorm! It's me! Are you up there?" A cheery voice piped up from the base of the trunk, and Nightstorm rolled his eyes, and climbed down the rough bark. "What do you want, Sorrelpaw?" He snapped at his former apprentice, glaring at his dusty brown-grey fur and wide, grey eyes sparkling with innocence, even after the bloody battles that lasted for several moons. "You promised that you'd still continue my training! I mean, sure, I probably won't ever get my warrior name now, but I still want to be a great hunter and a fiercefighter! Please, Nightstorm? You promised!" Nightstorm regretted his choice the day before, but he had given into his apprentice's wheedles and whines. "Fine," he growled, flicking his tail irritably. "Meet me here at sunhigh tomorrow." "Yes, Nightstorm!" Sorrelpaw yowled joyfully and shot out of view. Probably to go chase beetles or something, Nightstorm thought idly. Might as well go hunting, he thought feeling a pang of hunger prod his stomach.

He scented a tasty mouse, and he tracked the scent, tasting the air with his mouth open. He finally saw the brown mouse, who was nibbling a seed behind a gray boulder near the river. Stalking it silently, Nightstorm pounced, and killed it with one blow. Purring with anticipation, Nightstorm carried the dead mouse to a flattish boulder and devoured the mouse, crunching its small bones and tearing its delicious flesh. He left the remains on the rock, and leapt down to the ground to lap up some water in a small pool of water from the rain the night before. It was quiet, with the wind whispering through the treetops and and river gushing in the distance. No blood or enemies lurking around, ready to pounce on me, he tought contentedly. Feelin unused energy course through his legs, he bounded into the trees, heading towards Sunningrocks. Maybe he'll have his nap there.

He skidded to a halt, and leapt up a warm boulder, soaking in the warmth from the sun. Flopping down the warm surface, waves of exhaustion rolled over Nightstorm once more, and he was on the brink of sleep when another soft voice whispered, "Nightstorm?" Can't anyone get a clawlength of sleep around here? he thought, annoyed. He cracked open one eye, and saw a pearly gray she-cat with gentle blue eyes peering down at him. He scrambled to his paws, fighting off his sleep. "Dawnpelt!" He meowed happily, nuzzling her flank. He thought one of his best friends ahd died in the battles...but no, Dawnpelt was well and alive, right in front of him! "Nightstorm," she purred, licking the fur on his forehead. "I'm glad you're not dead," she murmered, and Nightstorm snorted. "As if. Those Shadowclan warriors would have thought a shadow with teeth fell on them, not a cat," he boasted proudly. Dawnpelt huffed quietly, half in amusement, half-annoyed. "Did you meet anyone else?" He asked, changing the subject. "Yes, Honeystripe survived with me. We've been hunting together, and she tended to our wounds from the battles." Nightstorm sighed in relief. It was good to hear that their medicine cat had somehow survived as well. "That's good to hear," he replied earnestly. "Sorrelpaw also made it through," he added gruffly. Dawnpelt's queer blue eyes sparkled with amusement. "At least you had some company," she consoled him, flicking her tail. "I guess-" He tried to stifle an enourmous yawn, but failed. "Go to sleep. I'll be here," she purred, and started to groom him, licking his inky-black pelt. Nightstorm felt his eyelids droop once more, and he felt sleep conquer his mind.
But he would have preferred if he had stayed awake, because his dreams weren't exactly pleasant.

Nightstorm was running, running as hard as he could through the forest. Suddenly, the firm ground gave away, melting into dark nothingness. The trees disappeared, replaced by twinkling lights. Nightstorm skidded to a halt. Huh? Where am I? He turned wildly, trying to see where he was, but all he could see was blue-blackness and stars. "Nightstorm," a silvery voice whispered. He turned and yelped. It was a cat-one made up of smoky tendrils of mist and bright stars for eyes. But the pattern of his pelt, the flat muzzle, the pointed ears..."Smokefur?" Nightstorm murmered in awe. He had watched his friend get mauled by two wiry Shadowclan cats, but now here he was, greater and more dazzling than before. His misty, dark grey pelt streaked through with lighter stripes of silver was replaced with the hazy wisps of his spirit, and his bright yellow eyes were shining stars, but he was still friendly Smokefur.

"I look quite dazzling, don't I?" Smokefur meowed smugly. Nightstorm rolled his eyes and snorted-yep, Smokefur was still definitely himself, right down to the small crooked end of his tail. "But you are in grave danger." Smokefur's buoyant attitude suddenly vanished, leaving a dark seriousness that Nightstorm wasn't accustomed to. "What do you mean, I'm in danger? The battles are over. The forest is at peace again. No more boundary lines, every cat is free to roam the entire forest," Nightstorm purred. "Look where you are, Nightstorm. Look down," Smokefur meowed gently. Nightstorm looked around him, and realized he was in Starclan, surrounded by faint silver outlines of cats. Only him, with his dark pelt, blended in with the night sky. Then he glanced down, and saw himself lying on a boulder, with Dawnpelt pressing next to his flank.

"I-I see myself," Nightstorm stammered. "But how-?" "Your spirit is up here, with Starclan." "But I'm not dead!" Nigtstorm cried, thrashing his tail around in anxiety. "No, you're not," Smokefur said seriously. "But there is a great darkness looming ahead of you, far ahead. Too much in advance to outrun. You will face it when the time is right...but for the time being, you will be safe in the forest. Rest, Nightstorm. You will need power and courage to survive what is in store for you." "What? What darkness? Tell me, Smokefur!" Nightstorm meowed. "Gain your energy. Many things are predicted to befall your way. Be brave, my friend. Do not share the same cruel fate as I," he smiled ruefully. Smokefur started to seep away, melting back into the fathomless sky. "No, Smokefur! Come back!" Nightfur yowled, launching himself across the sky. "Be brave, Nightstorm," Smokefur's faint voice trailed back into Nightstorm's ears. Then he was falling, falling back to the earth. He struggled and writhed in panic, but he couldn't stop falling...

(Authors Note: Hopefully I didn't screw up. And this posts in the right place. There will be more...Did anyone like it? Confused )

A wonderful anecdote; tact! Thanks for a wonderful read
I will look forward to more enjoyment tomorrow. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx February 6th 2011, 20:00

You sound like a monkey.
Nyx
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazeldust February 6th 2011, 20:11

YAY! EVEN MORE CATS LIKING WHAT I WROTE! YIPPEE!! :flower:
Uh...and enjoy your pretend super bowl darkfire....
Hazeldust
Hazeldust
Loner

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 6th 2011, 20:16

TawnyPelt wrote:YAY! EVEN MORE CATS LIKING WHAT I WROTE! YIPPEE!! :flower:
Uh...and enjoy your pretend super bowl darkfire....

Yeah it was pretty good. I went ahead and saved it onto my phone Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 6th 2011, 20:40

TawnyPelt wrote:~Author's note: I haven't read all the Warriors books yet No so I don't exactly know if my characters are real or fake! (Please don't make fun of me Sad ) So, just go along with this, shall we...~

He skidded to a halt, and leapt up a warm boulder, soaking in the warmth from the sun. Flopping down the warm surface, waves of exhaustion rolled over Nightstorm once more, and he was on the brink of sleep when another soft voice whispered, "Nightstorm?" Can't anyone get a clawlength of sleep around here? he thought, annoyed. He cracked open one eye, and saw a pearly gray she-cat with gentle blue eyes peering down at him. He scrambled to his paws, fighting off his sleep. "Dawnpelt!" He meowed happily, nuzzling her flank. He thought one of his best friends ahd died in the battles...but no, Dawnpelt was well and alive, right in front of him! "Nightstorm," she purred, licking the fur on his forehead. "I'm glad you're not dead," she murmered, and Nightstorm snorted. "As if. Those Shadowclan warriors would have thought a shadow with teeth fell on them, not a cat," he boasted proudly. Dawnpelt huffed quietly, half in amusement, half-annoyed. "Did you meet anyone else?" He asked, changing the subject. "Yes, Honeystripe survived with me. We've been hunting together, and she tended to our wounds from the battles." Nightstorm sighed in relief. It was good to hear that their medicine cat had somehow survived as well. "That's good to hear," he replied earnestly. "Sorrelpaw also made it through," he added gruffly. Dawnpelt's queer blue eyes sparkled with amusement. "At least you had some company," she consoled him, flicking her tail. "I guess-" He tried to stifle an enourmous yawn, but failed. "Go to sleep. I'll be here," she purred, and started to groom him, licking his inky-black pelt. Nightstorm felt his eyelids droop once more, and he felt sleep conquer his mind.

Wow you're a really good writer! You know what? You've inspired me to open Microsoft Word and do my own Fanfic!

Back to top Go down

Clanless Woods-a Fanfic by Hazeldust Empty More...

Post by Hazeldust February 7th 2011, 15:43

Okay, there's going to be more today...but probably not tomorrow.
Hazeldust
Hazeldust
Loner

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonclaw February 7th 2011, 16:50

TawnyPelt wrote:Okay, there's going to be more today...but probably not tomorrow.
What a shame. I really quite enjoyed the passage Wink
You're obviously a very talented writer.
Dragonclaw
Dragonclaw
Administrator
Administrator

Custom Rank : Technical Support
WarriorPoints : 8889
Male Posts : 712

Warrior Information
Attack Power : N/A

Back to top Go down

Clanless Woods-a Fanfic by Hazeldust Empty Clanless Woods

Post by Hazeldust February 7th 2011, 18:36

“Nightstorm? Are you all right?” Dawnpelt yowled in alarm. Nightstorm had been scrabbling at the boulder, meowing something about Smokefur. Her eyes clouded up-Goldenstripe had been especially fond of Smokefur, and she had watched Goldenstripe cry out and struggle to get to Smokefur, but had watched helplessly as two Shadowclan warriors stole his life. But she shook away the sad thoughts, and nudged Nightstorm awake. “Nightstorm!” She said again, more firmly. Nightstorm’s eyes flew open, and he jumped in surprise at Dawnpelt’s face, and tumbled off the grey boulder. He lay there, bewildered, his eyes swivelling around madly. Dawnpelt stifled a laugh. “Are you all right?” She called, and launched herself off the warm rock, landing neatly next to the confused Nightstorm.

“Nightstorm,” she said again, gently, prodding him to his paws. “Oh, Dawnpelt,” he murmered, still looking dazed. “I’m glad you’re still here.” “Are you all right?” She asked again. Nightstorm shook his dark pelt, giving his chest fur a lick. “I’m fine.” His stomach rumbled, the mouse he had caught earlier a faint trace of a memory. “Let’s go hunt,” he suggested, and Dawnpelt agreed readily. “I’ll race you to that river,” she purred, and launched herself to her paws, pounding against the solid earth. Nightstorm bounded after her, and he felt better with the wind whistling in his ears, thoughts of his disturbing dream melting away with the thought of prey.

“Stop,” Dawnpelt whispered, and they halted, sniffing the air. There was a strong scent of water vole, and they tracked it silently. But then they crossed a mouthwatering scent of rabbit, and Nightstorm turned away to follow that scent, while Dawnpelt continued to hunt down the vole. There, hidden behind some wiry grasses, sat a plump young rabbit, it’s ears and nose twitching. Nightstorm paused, readying his muscles, and leapt through the air, his teeth snapping at the rabbit’s neck. His prey dangling from his mouth, he turned to find Dawnpelt. “Ha!” She cried, startling him. He yelped, dropping his prey, and then he mock growled, pouncing at Dawnpelt’s silvery fur, knocking her to the forest floor. They rolled across the forest floor, kicking up dirt and leaves. Dawnpelt twisted, and somehow knocked Nightstorm’s paws out from under him. “Umph,” Nightstorm grunted as he collapsed on the ground, and felt Dawnpelt’s paw press down on his chest. “I win,” she yowled gleefully, and bent down to lick Nightstorm’s dark pelt, instead of biting his ear off.

“Fine, fine, you win this time,” Nightstorm grumbled, shaking his fur to get rid of the dirt. “But be ready, I’ll be back for revenge,” he mock-threatened, butting into her side playfully. Dawnpelt rolled her blue eyes, and muttered, “Sure, Nightstorm.” They picked up their fallen prey, and enjoyed a silent meal. As they finished up, Nightstorm glanced at the sky, trying to gauge what time of day it was. It was nearly sunhigh, and Nightstorm was surprised-he had fallen asleep near sundown the day before; that would mean that he slept through the entire night, and the morning. Dawnpelt, sensing his thoughts, nudged him teasingly. “You lazypaws, you slept for so long I thought you died!” She meowed jokingly. “Well, after all those battles with barely any sleep, I think I deserve a well-earned nap!” Nightstorm shot back indignantly.“I was kidding,” she said exasperatedly, flicking her tail. “Want to go find Goldenstripe? She could tend to some of your wounds,” she added, flicking her tail towards a deep gash in Nightstorm’s shoulder-it was still matted with dried blood, and Nightstorm winced as he moved it. “All right. Lead the way!” He meowed.

They traveled for most of the day. “Are you sure Goldenstripe would stay in one place? I can catch her scent, but what tells you that she’ll stay in the exact same place you left her? And why is it so far?” Nightstorm asked, feeling aches in his paws. Dawnpelt stiffened slightly, and her rhythm of running scattered for a moment, making her trip over a protruding stone. But then she resumed her swift pace, and replied vaguely, “You’ll understand when you see her.” Nightstorm was about to let out a huff of annoyance, but he stopped himself at Dawnpelts’ expression-something like love, and something too painful for words to form. So he kept silent, and he continued to run, ignoring protests from his legs and paws. Finally, Dawnpelt slowed down, and murmered, “We’re here.”
“Great!” Nightstorm meowed. But when he looked around, all he could see was a circle of thick, shrubby hedges, like a strong defence from enemies. “We needed protection. After the battles were over, me and Goldenstripe ran as far as we could. We came to this place, and it was perfect-no other cat discovered it, and it was trees, and a small stream.” Nightstorm nodded, and tried to peer under the bushes. “Is there a way in?” He tried pushing his way under, but thick roots and thorns blocked his way. “Ow,” he grumbled irritably. “Follow me,” Dawnpelt meowed, and padded over to a nondescript shrub, and slid under it fluidly. Nightstorm followed, awed that Dawnpelt could find such a precise place where there was enough space for a cat to go under.
He looked around-yes, he definitely couldn’t smell any other cat scent, other than Goldenstripe and Dawnpelt. But then he detected a couple of other fainter scents, young and milky. Dawnpelt had padded away, and slipped around a makeshift den made out of ivy. Nightstorm followed her, still wondering about the unknown scents. But when he went into the den, everything made sense.
Inside, it was cool and dark, sheltered from the sun’s probing rays. As his eyes adjusted, his eyes fell on the pale ginger she-cat, known her the bright, honey-coloured stripe running across her pelt. “Goldenstripe!” He meowed joyfully. Goldenstripe purred, and replied, “Nightstorm! It is good to know that you survived through those terrible times.” Nightstorm was about to reply, but his eyes fell on the crook of Goldenstripe’s pale stomach, where two young kittens lay, suckling. One was smoky grey, and the other was pale orange, like Goldenstripe, minus her trademark stripe.

“You-you had kittens?” Nightstorm whispered in awe. “When?” Goldenstripe lay down comfortably, nudging her ginger kit closer to her. “I knew they were going to come, and soon. Medicine cats aren’t allowed to have kits, so I kept silent. But as soon as the battle finished, I came to Dawnpelt, and pleaded for help. We escaped without anyone knowing we were gone, and we stumbled here by mistake. It was safe here, and my kits were coming. Amberkit was born first,” she flicked her tail towards the pale kit. “Then Stormkit,” she pointed to the small gray kit who had wandered off to sniff Nightstorm. He peered into the small kit’s soft face, and was startled to find the exact same yellow eyes of Smokefur, and a similar, flattened muzzle, along with pointed ears…He gazed at Goldenstripe seriously. She nodded, sensing his thoughts.

“Yes, Smokefur is the father of these kits,” she rumbled, her voice full of pain and love. “But-why?” Nightstorm was shocked, even though he now felt like a little bit of Smokefur’s spirit was still walking the earth. “He was always kind to me, Nightstorm. A bright, lively spirit, he was always caring and considerate of me as well. I had not meant to have these kits, but now I am ready to sacrifice my life for them,” she said fiercely. Nightstorm nodded slowly. At least now there were no clans, no leaders or rules, Goldenstripe would not be punished for this. Dawnpelt had been sitting off to the side silently, but now she chimed in, “Goldenstripe, did you know that Sorrelpaw survived as well?” “Oh, did he?” Goldenstripe sounded dreamy and faraway as she gazed at a patch of light that filtered through the ivy. “Yes, he did. Now we have an apprentice, a medicine cat, and two warriors. We will be fine-with such few cats we don’t need a deputy and a leader.” “That’s wonderful,” Goldenstripe replied, her eyes closing. In a few moments, she was fast asleep, with her two kits snuggled into her fur.

Nightstorm and Dawnpelt went back outside in silence. Just then, Nightstorm remembered his promise to Sorrelpaw to meet him at the large oak. “Oh no,” he groaned. He wouldn’t be able to reach it in time, and Sorrelpaw would have already wandered away. Sunhigh was already ebbing away…”What’s the matter?” Dawnpelt asked. “I was supposed to meet Sorrelpaw for a training session at the big oak tree…somehow, I forgot with meeting Goldenstripe and all that. I’ll have to go find him.” “But your shoulder! You can’t run with that big tear in your flesh,” she fretted, circling him worriedly. “Oh well,” he sighed. Just then, a cheerful voice wriggled from under the bushes.

“Nightstorm? Is that you? I found you! Wait, is that Dawnpelt? Hi, Dawnpelt! I tracked your scents! Hey, I can smell Goldenstripe! Did she survive too?” Lively chatter sounded from under the hedge, and Nightstorm rolled his eyes. “Well, it looks like Sorrelpaw found me,” he muttered, and turned to the voice. Loud grunts were heard, and then: “I think I’m stuck,” Sorrelpaw admitted sheepishly, his muzzle peeking out of some dark leaves. “Sorrelpaw, just back out of the bushes, then find the place where the ground is softer, and there are small purple blossoms on the bush,” Dawnpelt instructed, and in a few moments, Sorrelpaw was bounding up to them, his dusty brown pelt ruffled.

“Oh, good, I found you! I did a good job tracking you, didn’t I, Nightstorm? It’s good to see you Dawnpelt. Is Goldenstripe here? I hope she is. I can smell her scent,” he jabbered on, opening his mouth to taste the air. “It’s good to see you too, Sorrelpaw,” Dawnpelt said dryly. “Oh, I also got chased by some cats-“ “Cats? Where?” Nightstorm demanded, cutting Sorrelpaw off. He shrugged. “Near what used to be Windclan territory. He claims that even when all the clans are gone, he’ll create a new clan, better than the ones before. He said he claims Windclan territory, because he was the last Windclan survivor. But then that means we can still have Thunderclan territory, right?” “Well, if that cat’s going to stay in his own boundaries, he doesn’t concern us,” Nightstorm mumbled, his neck fur settling back down. “And this land isn’t in any other clan’s land, so we’re fine here,” Dawnpelt added. “No, actually we’re in-“ Sorrelpaw started, but a loud, booming voice sounded above them, high in the trees.

All the cats looked up to see a lean, muscled she-cat with a snow-white pelt speckled with black spots crouched, ready to pounce on the branch of a tree. “You are in DeathClan’s territory.” More cats sat, ready to pounce, claws unsheathed. Nightstorm gulped. They couldn’t fight their way out of this kind of enemy. “Now I see what Smokefur meant,” he meowed softly.

Last edited by TawnyPelt on February 11th 2011, 19:02; edited 3 times in total
Hazeldust
Hazeldust
Loner

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Icestar of ShadowClan February 7th 2011, 18:42

Whoa, awesome Fanfic!!
Icestar of ShadowClan
Icestar of ShadowClan
ShadowClan Warrior
ShadowClan Warrior

WarriorPoints : 4814
Female Posts : 1907

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 75,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazeldust February 7th 2011, 18:49

YAY! Thanks, Icelover.
but anyone know how to add another page to this topic? sorry...I don't know all that techy stuff. it's a wonder how I can post this stuff without something going wrong.

anyways...this page is kinds long. HOW DO YOU ADD ANOTHER PAGE? Confused
Hazeldust
Hazeldust
Loner

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazeldust February 7th 2011, 19:30

oh wait....there's already another page. whoopsies.... Embarassed
Hazeldust
Hazeldust
Loner

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Icestar of ShadowClan February 7th 2011, 19:32

Haha, its ok. FOrums can be confuzing.
Icestar of ShadowClan
Icestar of ShadowClan
ShadowClan Warrior
ShadowClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 7th 2011, 19:35

Forums are confusing? Let's broaden that to technology all together. I've busted my paws a million times trying to replicate that dang iPhone. I'm no skilled technician. I'm a monkey + cat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Icestar of ShadowClan February 7th 2011, 19:36

Haha, lol. I dont have an i anything, FTW.
Icestar of ShadowClan
Icestar of ShadowClan
ShadowClan Warrior
ShadowClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightfrost February 7th 2011, 21:32

Haha technoglogy is confusing. MAKE IT SIMPLER!!!!
Nightfrost
Nightfrost
RiverClan Senior Warrior
RiverClan Senior Warrior

Custom Rank : Member
WarriorPoints : 8865
Female Posts : 1561

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 9950

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazeldust February 8th 2011, 15:51

wat

Last edited by Hazeldust on March 18th 2013, 19:32; edited 1 time in total
Hazeldust
Hazeldust
Loner

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 8th 2011, 16:36

Technology makes me go affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightfrost February 8th 2011, 16:47

Yea... affraid
how did this line of comments go from "Clanless Woods" to technology???
Back to the topic!
Nightfrost
Nightfrost
RiverClan Senior Warrior
RiverClan Senior Warrior

Custom Rank : Member
WarriorPoints : 8865
Female Posts : 1561

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 9950

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 8th 2011, 17:06

Ok! (according mr. fiestydragon's new rules! pale)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next