Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

Do you think WCF should have an 'advanced role playing' section? Banner10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

Do you think WCF should have an 'advanced role playing' section? Banner10

Warrior Cats Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you think WCF should have an 'advanced role playing' section?

+4
Lunarlight
Lightclaw
Lilacstar
Scarlett
8 posters

Go down

Should WCF have an 'Advanced Role Playing' section?

Do you think WCF should have an 'advanced role playing' section? Vote_lcap82%Do you think WCF should have an 'advanced role playing' section? Vote_rcap 82% 
[ 9 ]
Do you think WCF should have an 'advanced role playing' section? Vote_lcap18%Do you think WCF should have an 'advanced role playing' section? Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 11

Do you think WCF should have an 'advanced role playing' section? Empty Do you think WCF should have an 'advanced role playing' section?

Post by Scarlett December 12th 2011, 18:01

Before you vote on this I ask that you PLEAse read my post in completely so you understand where I'm coming from.

So as you can tell be the topic I want to know what you all think as members of this idea. Personally, I am a bit frustrated with the way the role playing is right now. I see a lot of one line RP posts that do little to nothing to forward an story and it reveals nothing about any character. I take a lot of time to write out my responses to the RPs that I'm in. Right now my average is somewhere between 19 and 24 lines. To be completely honest, it's a bit frustrating and insulting to me and the few other members here that take the time to type out long detailed responses that leave plenty of room to interpret freely and take several different directions when it comes to how the story will goto get a 1-3 line response. I know for a fact that many members of this forum have left this forum becauseof the lack of enthusiasm in the RP section. It's a bit shamefull to be this way when this site is meant to be an RP site. I'm sorry Dragonclaw. I'm not trying to offend you or any of the other staff but I would like to see this fixed. Someone posted recently in the forums about how they were disappointed in the way people "role play" now and I find myself agreeing with every word that they had said. I've seen people describe the "role playing" members here as "lazy", "unenthusiastic", "uninteresting"...The list goes on and on. I think people now get so wrapped up in their great ideas for RPs that they 1) don't ever finish them (as we've ALL seen before) and they die or 2) they never get to the story itself and waste a great idea by spamming up the forums with one line posts they now call "role playing".

So, now that my rant about the poor RP skills here currently I'd like to address a way to fix it. Smile I'm just going to get straight to the point here and say that I think that all of the RP sections need to be divided into 2 parts. There should be one "Quick Role Playing" section and one "Advanced Role Playing" section. I have been talking to multiple members here today about my frustration with the RP section and each of them seemed to agree that this is what needed to be done in order to keep people interested. We also went about discussing possible rules for this. If this is approved I will send what we came up with to the staff to be posted for everyone else to see.

DISCLAIMER: (just kidding) But I would like to include that all of the views in this post are STRICTLY my own. I do not wish that any of my views be reflected on any other member of this forum and if you take any of what I have said in this post personally and feel offended by it please feel free to spam me with hate mail, report me, lower my rep...blah blah blah. I will continue to stand by my opinion though. Thank you for reading. Cat Smile Eyes Looking Up

Last edited by Snowlily on December 12th 2011, 18:56; edited 1 time in total
Scarlett
Scarlett
IceClan Leader
IceClan Leader

Custom Rank : The Immortal
WarriorPoints : 433522
Female Posts : 3168

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 300,000

Back to top Go down

Do you think WCF should have an 'advanced role playing' section? Empty Re: Do you think WCF should have an 'advanced role playing' section?

Post by Lilacstar December 12th 2011, 18:51

I think we should because longer post gets you more involved and I think we might be getting a tab bit lazy on posting messages! But lets try to post some longer messages! Do you think WCF should have an 'advanced role playing' section? 760755
Lilacstar
Lilacstar
WindClan Leader
WindClan Leader

Custom Rank : ☪forsaken☪
WarriorPoints : 5708
Female Posts : 2782

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 75,000

Back to top Go down

Do you think WCF should have an 'advanced role playing' section? Empty Re: Do you think WCF should have an 'advanced role playing' section?

Post by Scarlett December 12th 2011, 18:55

Thank you Kittystar. I encourage all of you to post here whether you do or do not support the idea. It would be helpfull in finding some middle ground if needed and I would like to hear all of your thoughts. This is for everyone. It doesn't just impact me. Everyones opinion matters here. Please vot and post. Smile
Scarlett
Scarlett
IceClan Leader
IceClan Leader

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightclaw December 12th 2011, 19:03

I agree with you, Snowlily. I have made a few other RPs and they never got really active. I was disappointed that what I thought as a good idea was just forgotten. I believe that we should stick with the RPs until the end. Also, I have noticed that some posts don't really prompt anything for the next poster. Maybe that is something we should all work on too. It may be a reason some topics die. Thanks for posting this topic. I finally got to confess what's been bugging me. ^-^
Lightclaw
Lightclaw
ShadowClan Deputy
ShadowClan Deputy

Custom Rank : Lighty c:
WarriorPoints : 13721
Female Posts : 3190

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 75,500

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunarlight December 12th 2011, 19:19

I gave you a "Like". I said yes.
Lunarlight
Lunarlight
Loner

Custom Rank : FINE BULLY ME
WarriorPoints : 8787
Male Posts : 1287

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdstar December 12th 2011, 19:30

I agree with Lightningstorm. But I must confess, I have those posts where I RP and it never really helps the story move on. Though when you mentioned this earlier and I started to RP it has gotten more difficult. I dont want to just keep blabbing on about nothing. Sometimes its easy to RP with long posts though because of action. It really depends on the RPG to me. We should keep the Quick Roleplaying though because on some days I can get very lazy and not want to type at all. (hopefully Im not the only one Razz Sweat ) Though Im slightly having a difficult time trying not to blab on about things I love this idea. I am open for advice too on not blabbing on and helping the story keep going (nudge nudge wink wink Razz ) So yeah. Thats my opinion about things. Also i dont mean to be rude at all for I am just stating my opinion Smile
Birdstar
Birdstar
WindClan Warrior
WindClan Warrior

Custom Rank : 2 Birdyful 4 U
WarriorPoints : 7840
Female Posts : 2125

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 42,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett December 12th 2011, 19:47

Haha I understand. I also said in my post when I created the topic that they should be both a quick and advanced RP section. I'm willing to help you out if you want to have a random practice RP in pms or something since I have been having little to no trouble coming up with one that's 20+ lines and still stays on topic. Sweat I can also offer some tips on your posts in the RPs I happen to come acroos but I would rather not simply because I don't want to spam the RP forums with advice and if I did it in the chat box it might get confusing. Sorry. It WOULD get confusing.

Last edited by Snowlily on December 12th 2011, 19:48; edited 1 time in total
Scarlett
Scarlett
IceClan Leader
IceClan Leader

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost December 12th 2011, 19:47

Idea supported, Snowlily! Wink

Yeah... I kinda admit my roleplays used to be just one lines or two. Lately, I've been trying to make it as long and detailed as possible~
Frost
Frost
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Custom Rank : Fab
WarriorPoints : 25656
Female Posts : 4113

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 100,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraway December 12th 2011, 20:09

sorry if i repeat something... i only read Snowlily's post. Sweat i'm not a reader.

quick RP's would be another way of spam, maybe. cuz it's like a free way to post short stuff.

has anyone else noticed that when someone starts an RPG and another person replies and then they are just replying to eachother, it's kind of hard to join the RP because the few cats who first joined are just talking to eachother? that's kind of my big pet peeve...
Caraway
Caraway
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Custom Rank : Behind the Mask
WarriorPoints : 33830
Female Posts : 5555

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 150,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett December 12th 2011, 20:17

Lol I actually considered that too Cheesestar. I was thinking that the RP rules needed updating and someone from the staff needs to start enforcing them. Even if it means penalizing people for spamming. I was thinking about a limit on the number of lines. And any good RP post should have 4 things. Actions, emotions, verbal communication and thoughts. It's not hard to get a nice detailed lengthy RP post without being too wordy.
Scarlett
Scarlett
IceClan Leader
IceClan Leader

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost December 12th 2011, 20:19

I agree Snowlily! But sometimes people just write nonsense. Which is why, I like your idea~
Frost
Frost
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett December 12th 2011, 20:36

Lol I will say this one more time. Everyone ready this time?

This is why the staff needs to rewrite the rules and start to actually enforce them.

Did everyone catch it this time? Any questions? No?! Good.
Scarlett
Scarlett
IceClan Leader
IceClan Leader

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost December 12th 2011, 20:37

Yeah. I agree. And they should also update the Clan positions and stuff.
Frost
Frost
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraway December 12th 2011, 20:52

another issue that your post just reminded me of, Iceclaw, is that everyone is getting to the point where everyone has enough WP to purchase their own Clan. and everyone wants their own Clan. soon, there will be so many Clans and too many mods. there might be no warriors anymore. o.o
Caraway
Caraway
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost December 12th 2011, 20:55

Exactly. First there are already three extra clans and one tribe. Lightningstorm is about to create another one. Riversplash too. I suggest raising the purchasing of Clan price to a very high one. like... 4000? ^-^
Frost
Frost
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett December 12th 2011, 21:18

I think we should just stop making new clans all together. It's already too difficult to keep the 8 we have from dying. Fireclan, Shadowclan and Skyclan are barely making it as it is. =/
Scarlett
Scarlett
IceClan Leader
IceClan Leader

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar December 12th 2011, 21:26

I agree with everything that is said in the first post I take a while to type my paragraph and all I get after that is one sentence that is hardly a sentence at all I hope that dragon claw will read this and take this under consideration.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Loner

Custom Rank : In Love
WarriorPoints : 8636
Female Posts : 1997

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 9900

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost December 12th 2011, 21:32

There should be a post limit per day. Perhaps 50? Its rather reasonable.
Frost
Frost
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett December 12th 2011, 22:29

I still dont like the post limit idea.
Scarlett
Scarlett
IceClan Leader
IceClan Leader

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost December 12th 2011, 22:29

hmm... emmm.... err.... okay.
Frost
Frost
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett December 12th 2011, 22:52

Im not trying to be rude. Im not sure what you all think it will do exactly.
Scarlett
Scarlett
IceClan Leader
IceClan Leader

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraway December 13th 2011, 16:15

post limits are kind of harsh i guess. there should be a post limit for other topics, but no caps on RPing. and maybe, if you want to get a message out, there will be a public notice board or something that people could add stuff to, kind of like a public chat, except you're not chatting. and the mods could edit out the junk after it's old or if people spam it. and it wouldn't count as a post. idk, just a suggestion.
Caraway
Caraway
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down