Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

New Rule Suggestion Banner10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

New Rule Suggestion Banner10

Warrior Cats Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Rule Suggestion

+4
Ren
Frost
Auburnflare
Scarlett
8 posters

Go down

New Rule Suggestion Empty New Rule Suggestion

Post by Scarlett February 23rd 2013, 00:17

Every few months, the topics about whether or not it is acceptable, on the forum, to discuss areas such as religion and politics arise. I would like to suggest banning these topics on the forum.

Snowlily wrote:I personally do not feel that a 9-10 year old child should be having their thoughts and opinions shaped and warped by other children on a KIDS roleplayng website. Especially, since most of the members here are between the ages of 9-15 years old and most of which know little to nothing about any other religion that is not mainstream Christianity or in other cases their own. I also do not find that this is a socially acceptable topic to be having among children, especially with many at such a young age themselves.

If you all have questions about your own religious believes or political backgrounds, it is something that should be kept within your own households with a parent or legal guardian. And while I understand that there are no arguments taking place due to this topic at this time it is still a very sensitive and personal topic and one I do not find acceptable to have online on (again) a children's website. I hope none of you have taken personal offense to this; however, there have been tests and scientific evidence does, not only suggest, but prove, that children are far more open to having their opinions unintentionally influenced by their peers. So I now find myself requesting that these topics be closed and a rule be added about discussing sensitive subjects such as politics or religion on the forum.

As Dragonclaw once told me, all of the rules on this forum are meant to protect the younger audiences and I personally feel there are few conversations that could be held, to be more harmful than one such as this.

While I don't want to embarrass anyone or discourage anyone from exploring their own opinions about religion and/or politics, I don't find a children's website to be a wise resource to use when forming one's ideas. I do most certainly support that everyone on this site at one point begin researching these topics on their own and decide what they think and how they feel about each aspect of these topics but there are many far more appropriate and credible websites to reference when beginning to understand one's own religious and political beliefs.

I would also like to note that people should also be sure to keep in mind that no matter what reference they use, there will be bias involved. However, there are many websites, news stations or religious settlements/buildings that can far better explain and demonstrate their own ideals through which people can decide their best or most agreeable match.

I have yet to experience an instance where there has been a conversation regarding these topics, both in the real world and on the site, that has not ended in either an argument, or "disagreement" as others might call it, or tension between people or members of the forum. While the most recent topic has not broken out into a verbal argument, and I have no doubt it will if allowed to continue, there have already been implications that what I have stated above has already begun to take effect as early as the first post.

anonymous wrote:I'm not sure what religion I am, I'm 3 quarters christian, 1 quarter atheist sort of. I believe in God and Jesus, but I find the bible scientifically inaccurate.

Based on the parts of the conversation that have been or are currently being held, there are already implications being formed in members posts, that another persons idea might be wrong simply because another member might not agree. Despite any arguments made claiming "your mind is not easily changed", I would also like to note that it was because of peer pressure that the topic starter requested they be locked. Despite that I am most certain many, if not all of you, believe that your minds are not easily changed, this is entirely untrue and eveyone is influenced by their surrounding audiences, reguardless of their age.

So to sum this all up, I would like to avoid any form of emotional or psychological abuse members could potentially experience in the future due to the varying ideas. If you agree please do let me know either with a quick post or like to show a bit of support and intent to keep this forum a stress-free and friendly environment for our members.

Last edited by Snowlily on February 23rd 2013, 10:05; edited 1 time in total
Scarlett
Scarlett
IceClan Leader
IceClan Leader

Custom Rank : The Immortal
WarriorPoints : 433469
Female Posts : 3168

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 300,000

Back to top Go down

New Rule Suggestion Empty Re: New Rule Suggestion

Post by Auburnflare February 23rd 2013, 00:26

I completely agree. You worded it perfectly Smile At our age we're vulnerable to peer pressure, etc.
Auburnflare
Auburnflare
Loner

Custom Rank : Sexy Vampire cow
WarriorPoints : 14176
Male Posts : 1707

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 20,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost February 23rd 2013, 01:05

Phantom approves 8D

I think its reasonable. I felt uncomfortable reading those topics.
Frost
Frost
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Custom Rank : Fab
WarriorPoints : 25603
Female Posts : 4113

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 100,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Ren February 23rd 2013, 01:11

I mostly agree. They're a few scores I don't really agree with though. Most members are usually 12-13, so they discuss modern politics and religion in school and it's not always bad to hear others' opinions about it, but I wouldn't suggest hating or arguing even in a friendly tone. But if one did collaborate with each other over the Internet I wouldn't try to justify your religion to ones opposing your beliefs. So basically I think discussing this should be allowed, but there still should be limitations as to how strict and sensitive you are saying your religion and exploiting it 'lightly'. A bit more strict limitations on 'justifying your religion or political beliefs' should be added, but I don't think not being able to mention it at all should be encouraged, at least with the audiences that have been learning about it.
Ren
Ren
Loner

Custom Rank : Ҏartaӳ (;
WarriorPoints : 4378
Female Posts : 1306

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 50,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraway February 23rd 2013, 01:22

Speaking from my point of view, I don't really mind since I hear opinions often and don't really care much unless it's offensive.

Since so many people seem to agree, though, I think this rule should go through. Maybe it won't be so strict that you can't even mention it, but bringing up the subject is discouraged.

Even though we're pretty young, we're mostly old enough to understand how to be mature, even if we choose not to be. If it ever comes back up, I doubt someone will start a war; we'd know how to deal with it, and we would follow through with that. At this age we are at the peak of our curiosity since we're sort of "finding who we are" so we can easily be offended or taken aback by certain opinions. That creates some influence, but also some experience.

I'm sorry if you read my whole post. I should be sleeping so it probably doesn't even relate to this topic. Okay.
Caraway
Caraway
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Custom Rank : Behind the Mask
WarriorPoints : 33777
Female Posts : 5555

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 150,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Shimmerpaw February 23rd 2013, 05:44

I agree, Snowlily, I really don't want to not let my little sister use the site because she enjoys coming on a creating topics, and I don't want her to get confused by things like that! She's 8 and me and Emerald are 11. Me and Ali are quite advanced for our age but not Spottedpaw. I think her mind could easily be tugged in the direction others feel better, A wonderful example would be One Direction. Me and Ali fell in love with them, them Samantha then decided that her ;east favorite thing in the house was her absolute favorite.
Shimmerpaw
Shimmerpaw
ThunderClan Warrior
ThunderClan Warrior

Custom Rank : Ectobiolobabysitter
WarriorPoints : 6162
Female Posts : 2001

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 74,500

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunarlight February 23rd 2013, 09:13

Crying I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO sorry I did NOT intend on this before you ban me just let me tell you how sorry I am. I did NOT intend on people changing they're ideas from a kid on a webiste, I feel SOOOOOOOOOO awful.
Lunarlight
Lunarlight
Loner

Custom Rank : FINE BULLY ME
WarriorPoints : 8734
Male Posts : 1287

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost February 23rd 2013, 09:28

Lunarlight wrote: Crying I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO sorry I did NOT intend on this before you ban me just let me tell you how sorry I am. I did NOT intend on people changing they're ideas from a kid on a webiste, I feel SOOOOOOOOOO awful.

Lunarlight, we're not blaming you for this since you didn't do anything wrong. It just made some members uncomfortable but its not your fault! You won't be banned ^^
Frost
Frost
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Custom Rank : Fab
WarriorPoints : 25603
Female Posts : 4113

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 100,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett February 23rd 2013, 10:04

There's no need to feel bad about it. Even cheesestar and whiteout weren't so sure if it was allowed at first or not but there's been quite a bit of controversy over it and the topic can make people very uncomfortable. I'm not making this to attack you. I only made it because its something that has never really been addressed on WCF before. There's no reason for you to be banned over it.
Scarlett
Scarlett
IceClan Leader
IceClan Leader

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunarlight February 23rd 2013, 10:07

I know, but I'm changing peoples ideas of right and wrong, and I HATE it, please help me!
Lunarlight
Lunarlight
Loner

Custom Rank : FINE BULLY ME
WarriorPoints : 8734
Male Posts : 1287

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 9000

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett February 23rd 2013, 10:23

Alright we'll let's start by not spamming this topic. No one here is mad at you for making the topic. There are just a lot of other members that believe its a bit too controversial to be discussed on a children's website. You shouldn't worry too much about changing other people's minds on the topics, as it stopped pretty early on. You were just curious and there is nothing wrong with that at all but thinking about everyone on the site here it's probably best not to have those discussions. I remember a message we got from your mom about how she was worried about your relationships here and she asked that you be looks after while you are here. Please understand, that is what I am trying to do now. This topic was not brought up as a personal attack, but simply to address something that this site had not yet.

Don't ate it to heart. Smile You shouldn't be sorry.
Scarlett
Scarlett
IceClan Leader
IceClan Leader

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Sagedance February 23rd 2013, 11:05

Personally it would be fine with me, but again that's just my opinion

I think I take some of this back. Reading all these comments on the subject I feel like I was so naive and oblivious to the possibilities when posted that. And I didn't realize we have quite a few members much too young to fully understand their religion or religion itself.

For one, Lunarlight, you shouldn't blame yourself. You were probably just more intent on wanting to share your religion and exploit what you know about it not knowing of what harm it could do to others. As far as I can tell, you wouldn't be banned and if you did it would be without much of a purpose. Now, I'm not a moderator and I'm actually new to WCF, but I'm pretty certain you wouldn't get banned. Wink Don't be scared or worried, because now you know, and you probably won't do it again anytime soon. New Rule Suggestion 2915888147

Now for my opinion on this, I do kind of agree. I think that at this age they are still new to the whole religion and political thing, so that's something to discuss with parents until you can comprehend it all. Although most of the people are at this stage, though, and that's where my opinion changes. Many kids around 13-14 would understand their religion a bit more. So, overall, I think what I would do personally would be not to ban bringing it up completely, but set stricter rules on the limitations of how hard and sensitive you justify your beliefs and also not encourage the topic to be brought up on common occasion.
Sagedance
Sagedance
SkyClan Medicine Cat
SkyClan Medicine Cat

Custom Rank : Herbalist Defined
WarriorPoints : 4637
Female Posts : 54

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 60,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content