Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

Spottedleaf (Spoiler Alert) Banner10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

Spottedleaf (Spoiler Alert) Banner10

Warrior Cats Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spottedleaf (Spoiler Alert)

+4
Crystalfeather
Streamstar
Sunstar
Scarlett
8 posters

Go down

Spottedleaf (Spoiler Alert) Empty Spottedleaf (Spoiler Alert)

Post by Scarlett March 13th 2014, 18:33

So more so to start a discussion on this because I don't know if it was discussed a long time ago or not, but When I read the first series the first time through I really liked her a lot and a few months ago I started reading the first books again. They really do try to make her out to be the perfect cat. Calm, patient, collected, peace seeking, ad charismatic. Did this bother anyone else or is it just me?

Last edited by Scarlett on March 13th 2014, 19:32; edited 1 time in total
Scarlett
Scarlett
IceClan Leader
IceClan Leader

Custom Rank : The Immortal
WarriorPoints : 433469
Female Posts : 3168

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 300,000

Back to top Go down

Spottedleaf (Spoiler Alert) Empty Re: Spottedleaf (Spoiler Alert)

Post by Sunstar March 13th 2014, 18:40

You spelled Spottedleaf wrong ... No offense .. Don't kill me

But anyways. You know ... I've never noticed that before. I've never really thought of her as bothering or anything, but maybe it's because she's always been one of my favorite characters. She's always calm and and kind to everybody. But since you brought it up, it kind of does make sense. I mean, a cat can't be all perfect just like that, prim and proper. But it was still sad when she died.
Sunstar
Sunstar
SkyClan Leader
SkyClan Leader

Custom Rank : Flamin'
WarriorPoints : 5650
Female Posts : 161

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 70,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett March 13th 2014, 18:45

She was a favorite of mine too but I guess it sucked not seeing any development or struggle with her character at al. She was killed by the dogs or something right?
Scarlett
Scarlett
IceClan Leader
IceClan Leader

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunstar March 13th 2014, 19:06

No, she was killed by ShadowClan in the first book. I think it was either by Blackfoot (star) or Clawface. I can't remember.
Sunstar
Sunstar
SkyClan Leader
SkyClan Leader

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett March 13th 2014, 19:08

What were the specifics of it?
Scarlett
Scarlett
IceClan Leader
IceClan Leader

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Streamstar March 13th 2014, 19:21

Shadowclan attacked Thunderclan camp (I forget the reason) and Clawface was trying to steal some kits. Spottedleaf was trying to stop him and he killed her. A lot of the Thunderclan cats thought Yellowfang killed her though.

And Spottedleafs not all perfect.
Spoiler:
Streamstar
Streamstar
RiverClan Leader
RiverClan Leader

Custom Rank : The CodeMaster
WarriorPoints : 8400
Female Posts : 2834

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 75,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett March 13th 2014, 19:32

Well I get that she was in love with him but the way they did her character made her seem perfect. I almost feel like that fact that she was in love with Firepaw made it worse because she was so perfect and in love with the protagonist of a majority of the series.
Scarlett
Scarlett
IceClan Leader
IceClan Leader

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystalfeather March 13th 2014, 22:08

Yeah, it was definitely Clawface that killed her.

When I read the first book I thought that Firepaw liked her but she only liked him as a friend. Then I realized that they both liked each other as more than friends :/ And then I was all, "But what about Sandstorm?"
Spoiler:
Anyway, back to the discussion.

I really liked Spottedleaf, but I never really thought of her as a Mary Sue-type character. She does have a bad part, but only one and that was what Streamstar said. But I do think that the Erin Hunters made her too perfect. But they made her die twice so I consider that to even it out. I don't actually mind love triangles that much, since so many great stories have them. So I didn't really mind Spottedleaf and Sandstorm both liking Firestar. So to summarize it all I did mind that she was too perfect, but they made her die twice so that evens out.

And, this is completely irrelevant, but I really like Spottedleaf's name. Smile
Crystalfeather
Crystalfeather
ShadowClan Warrior
ShadowClan Warrior

Custom Rank : Amazingness
WarriorPoints : 4351
Female Posts : 43

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 35,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Stareye March 14th 2014, 01:09

It really bothered me a lot too. It seemed weird to me that even though she died in the very first book, she almost always has a major role in every following book. Not just the main series, but EVERY. SINGLE. BOOK. The super editions, the mangas, everything! Some of my favorite characters, like Lionheart and Silverstream, died early on in the series as well and seemed much more central to the story, yet the best that they get is a brief cameo here and there? What a rip off!
Anyway, the only true flaw Spottedleaf really has is not being able to let go of what she could have had with Firestar, and being strangely obsessed with his descendants.
Stareye
Stareye
Reviewer
Reviewer

Custom Rank : Wannabe Storyteller
WarriorPoints : 6255
Female Posts : 598

Warrior Information
Attack Power : N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett March 14th 2014, 14:21

I am glad I am not the only one who found the perfect cat thing annoying. She did have a pretty name. I'll give her that much but I guess I didn't like the fact that a medicine cat that preached the warrior code to Firepaw in the first book so much was also in love with him. And actually for them to have Leafpool also fall in love a cat at all let alone in another clan and have kits with them, I just felt like that was exactly what Spottedleaf wanted with Firepaw. The age gap also bothered me a bit but I think The Erin Hunter writers did do a bit of over kill with the Medicine Cat affairs throughout the entire series.
Scarlett
Scarlett
IceClan Leader
IceClan Leader

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraway March 14th 2014, 22:47

I just think forbidden love-triangles are just a little bit overused. I haven't read much young adult fiction because most of the plots surround two guys fighting over a girl who's 'different'.

I was pretty surprised that StarClan cats dying a second time was incorporated into the story. I think that's kind of weird, dying twice.

But anyways on to Spottedleaf I didn't think much of her in the beginning because I liked how Tigerclaw could be subdued by her. Kick butt female characters who don't have to kill were like my childhood heroes. But I also agree that letting go of her as a character entirely after her death would have been a great way to go. Her death was one of the major stages of Firepaw's character development (and his was really long...) and him being able to focus on other things could have opened up for a lot. I also don't really support FirepawxSpottedleaf because I thought up until recently that their relationship was just motherly mentor and apprentice.
Caraway
Caraway
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Custom Rank : Behind the Mask
WarriorPoints : 33777
Female Posts : 5555

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 150,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystalfeather March 15th 2014, 17:07

I just realized how many forbidden love triangles there are. Like Spottedleaf, Firestar, Sandstorm and Leafpool, Crowfeather, Nightcloud.

I liked kick butt female heroes the best too Razz And I still do.

I also noticed the age gaps in Warriors too. Like Ferncloud was the same age as Dustpelt's apprentice, Cherrytail was Sharpclaw's apprentice, etc., etc. And Sandstorm was Spottedleaf's niece, for goodness sake. My gosh.
Crystalfeather
Crystalfeather
ShadowClan Warrior
ShadowClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunstar March 15th 2014, 19:18

I dont support Spottedleaf and Firestar either. The age gap is wayyy too wide, so wide that it's freaky. And Sandstorm got jealous because she thought Firestar liked Spottedleaf more. Love triangles are okay sometimes, but I dont like the forbidden love trianges much.
Sunstar
Sunstar
SkyClan Leader
SkyClan Leader

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Streamstar March 15th 2014, 19:36

The age gap isn't nearly as big as some of the other relationships in the books. Pinestar and Leopardfoot were mates, and Pinestar had already been leader when Leopardkit was born.
Streamstar
Streamstar
RiverClan Leader
RiverClan Leader

Custom Rank : The CodeMaster
WarriorPoints : 8400
Female Posts : 2834

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 75,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Stareye March 17th 2014, 19:00

That's true, I think it's time for an intervention for the Erin's if there is ever an even bigger age gap than Pinestar and Leopardfoot.  Bite 
For the topic at hand though, I think what bothered me most about Spottedleaf was how everyone thought she was perfect. Firestar was one thing, since he was in love with her and all, and Sandstorm was competing with her, but every other main character had nothing but good things to say about her. They just kept talking about how beautiful she was, and her beautiful amber eyes, her wonderful scent, her glossy fur... heck, even Jayfeather can't get over this! Even as a stubborn, hard headed apprentice, he still loses to her in a verbal debate! It's just ridiculous.
Stareye
Stareye
Reviewer
Reviewer

Custom Rank : Wannabe Storyteller
WarriorPoints : 6255
Female Posts : 598

Warrior Information
Attack Power : N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstone March 17th 2014, 19:13

I don't like how there were just so many inter-clan relationships in general. Feathertail and Crowpaw had an excuse, but there's an age gap there. Leafpool and Crowfeather, medicine cat from ThunderClan, warrior from WindClan. Greystripe and Silverstream. Why did the Erins make so many cats break the laws that are apparently so powerful and ancient? Those cats I mentioned make the Warrior Code look like dirt. I don't know if this is correct but Brambleclaw was at least halfway through his apprentice training by the time Squirrelkit was born. Another thing that annoys me is just Firestar. Cat Tongue
Blackstone
Blackstone
RiverClan Senior Warrior
RiverClan Senior Warrior

Custom Rank : carolus t-rex
WarriorPoints : 7386
Male Posts : 446

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystalfeather March 17th 2014, 21:52

Streamstar wrote:The age gap isn't nearly as big as some of the other relationships in the books. Pinestar and Leopardfoot were mates, and Pinestar had already been leader when Leopardkit was born.

Ah jeez. Has anyone noticed that Brightflower had Mintkit and Marigoldkit after Yellowfang had Brokenstar, and Brightflower's Yellowfang's mom? That seems kind of weird to me.
Crystalfeather
Crystalfeather
ShadowClan Warrior
ShadowClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Flameblossom March 18th 2014, 14:12

Streamstar wrote:The age gap isn't nearly as big as some of the other relationships in the books. Pinestar and Leopardfoot were mates, and Pinestar had already been leader when Leopardkit was born.

YEEEEEEEEEEES I thought I was the only one who noticed that.
Flameblossom
Flameblossom
ThunderClan Warrior
ThunderClan Warrior

Custom Rank : )(IC
WarriorPoints : 12826
Female Posts : 917

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 72,500

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down