Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

Purchase ORPG items? Banner10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

Purchase ORPG items? Banner10

Warrior Cats Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Purchase ORPG items?

5 posters

Go down

Purchase ORPG items? Empty Purchase ORPG items?

Post by Scarlett April 24th 2013, 10:43

I think I've purchased all of the things with WP that I would have any sort of interest in for the time being and now I am finding that I have little use for the WP that I have saved as I have 210,000AP already and I have little need to buy any more of it for a little while, (maybe I'll buy some for other people later) But it would be nice if I had something to spend all of that WP on. This was just an idea I had abut the assets list and its based on something I saw from another forum. I think it would be nice to actually have all of the items that you get awarded in the RPG's up for purchase for your clan? And then the clan that wins the item in the actual RPG gets it for free? Like I said this is just an idea since I don't have much to spend my WP on but I think it could be a good idea.
Scarlett
Scarlett
IceClan Leader
IceClan Leader

Custom Rank : The Immortal
WarriorPoints : 433470
Female Posts : 3168

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 300,000

Back to top Go down

Purchase ORPG items? Empty Re: Purchase ORPG items?

Post by Caraway April 24th 2013, 16:52

Yes, I see the potential in this. It boosts Clan leaders' abilities, creates another thing to save up for, and allows access to assets the Clan leaders may have missed if they were busy during an ORPG. In a Clan, it offers more opportunities for teamwork and pooling WP to create a Clan stash.

My only concern is that I wouldn't like WCF to become a WP-oriented site where you can just buy anything if you've got real money to buy points. I don't really want to encourage purchasing WP myself.
It seems equally unfair as it is fair for Clans to just buy assets if they had the cash. I mean, IceClan's not active but they could just be loaded from coming on once if this was introduced. It would decrease the need for participation.
I'm not quite sure about this one, but I originally thought the point of having to obtain an asset in an ORPG was to create competition and generate interest because only one Clan is supposed to claim it.

It can be as easily used for good as it is for bad. I think it's an interesting suggestion to be considered, though I'm putting my vote in as no simply because I'm not the one making money off more things to spend WP on.
Sounds self-centred, but it's just media stuff. It will benefit less members than it will disadvantage them.
Caraway
Caraway
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Custom Rank : Behind the Mask
WarriorPoints : 33778
Female Posts : 5555

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 150,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett April 24th 2013, 19:12

Well and i see no problem with them being even 50,000wp each but I disagree with discouraging members to spend real money on WP. I think that is exactly what this could promote but recently, I'm not sure if you have noticed this, but dragonclaw and the tech team have changed the bonuses on WP purchases, they made the bonuses greater for those who buy gift cards from iTunes and amazon. It's those the money people donate that make a lot of the updates that we get on WCF possible. I think that spending real money to get it is exactly what the site could use. It could encourage donations and as you said, for those who don't want to spend their real money, they can pool their WP together with a clan to get some of the items.
Scarlett
Scarlett
IceClan Leader
IceClan Leader

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx April 25th 2013, 20:31

These are interesting ideas. And I think they would be fun to add them to the forum, but I also kind of agree with Chez. The majority of us here don't want to spend our money online. It's really just you, Snowlily, and Monkeystar, Shuriken, and the occasional exception of members like Rogueblossom. And I'm saying not saying that the extra money wouldn't help WCF and it wouldn't be nice to have.

From experience I think the assets are something Clans are competitive over. They won those things from days of posting and participating in the RPs. Some assets were also given to Clans because it made them unique. Lke RiverClan has the Star Rock and MoonClan has flour for their MoonClan cookies. I have a feeling most MoonClan cats wouldn't be happy if suddenly every Clan could purchase the flour asset, and take the idea of having Clan cookies, when that was a characteristic that was originally theirs. Another thing is assets like the Star Rock. There is only one Star Rock. If we do allow this 'purchasing of assets' later on, I think it should be restricted.
Nyx
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Custom Rank : 2bright4u
WarriorPoints : 38622
Female Posts : 6814

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 150,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett April 25th 2013, 22:04

I'm only talking about the orpg items. Especially for those who had circumstances that kept them from coming on and caused them to miss the events and opportunities like that log in bug for instance.
Scarlett
Scarlett
IceClan Leader
IceClan Leader

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Streamstar April 27th 2013, 09:31

I agree with what Bright and Cheese have said. There is only one of some of the ORPG assets, such as the Starrock, and one of those assets wouldn't be as special to that clan if all the other clans had the same one. I believe that those assets should only be able to be earned through ORPG, but I have another idea. What if there were new assets that can be bought from the warrior points shop, but weren't any of the assets from ORPG. Clans who weren't able to participate in ORPGs should still be able to purchase assets, just not the ones from the ORPGs. ORPG assets would still be unique and special to the clan that earned it.
Streamstar
Streamstar
RiverClan Leader
RiverClan Leader

Custom Rank : The CodeMaster
WarriorPoints : 8401
Female Posts : 2834

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 75,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost April 27th 2013, 09:38

Snowlily, you should put up a poll to see what most members think of this idea.

Like a yes or no question.
Frost
Frost
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Custom Rank : Fab
WarriorPoints : 25604
Female Posts : 4113

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 100,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett April 27th 2013, 09:40

Actually i would just like this locked and trashed at this point. No one here seems to actually understand the benefits and I'm just sick of explaining it over and over.
Scarlett
Scarlett
IceClan Leader
IceClan Leader

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost April 27th 2013, 09:45

Wow, I guess people who don't spend money on WP feel the same.

Thread Solved and Locked ._.
Frost
Frost
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Custom Rank : Fab
WarriorPoints : 25604
Female Posts : 4113

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 100,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down