Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

Advertising Forum

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Advertising Forum

Post by Aspenleaf on April 21st 2013, 20:41

I hope there's not already a topic for this.

How about an advertising forum where users can share the links to all the sites they created?
It could really help other users improve their own sites.
Aspenleaf
Loner

Custom Rank : No, I'm not just a m
WarriorPoints : 1667
Female Posts : 9

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 15,000

Back to top Go down

Re: Advertising Forum

Post by Caraway on April 21st 2013, 21:24

The number one rule on this site is to not advertise other forums. Though I doubt it would happen any time soon, I see the potential in your idea.

However, getting the same audience to join multiple forums is going to result in a surplus of sparse, minor forums that don't get much activity. As my teacher would say, don't "milk" your forum from the hopes that everyone here would join. So, even if it was made, it wouldn't do so much to the forum and if one gets more attention than another, great there goes your self esteem and your potential users.

While my reasons may be terrible, I do know it'd be contradicting the currently strict advertising rules greatly, so (Simon Cowell transformation) it's a no for me.

Caraway
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Custom Rank : Behind the Mask
WarriorPoints : 31411
Female Posts : 5553

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 150,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspenleaf on April 21st 2013, 21:35

Well, what about a website field on profiles? I'm sure it's not a terrible idea. You'd think the number one rule would be, well, I dunno, BE NICE?
Aspenleaf
Loner

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraway on April 21st 2013, 21:58

Being courteous is simple etiquette that should not need to be listed as a rule because it's common sense ^v^

That's not a bad idea either, though this suggestion will have a lot of complications. It's not really my place to tell you whether or not it will happen, or whether it's a terrible idea. Cheers Super Happy

Caraway
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett on April 21st 2013, 22:08

I very highly doubt that either idea will ever be allowed on the forum. The very first rule of the forum is no advertizing n the forum whatso ever. The fact that this topic was made suggests that you should reread the site rules as advertizing any forum on this site results in an instant ban. No questions asked. And all forum activity including pm's are monitored on this forum as well. So there's no being sneaky trying to "steal activity" from this forum. That's a definite no from me and again you should reread the forum rules. This topic is technically spamming.
Scarlett
IceClan Leader
IceClan Leader

Custom Rank : The Immortal
WarriorPoints : 431115
Female Posts : 3168

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 300,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Illusion on April 21st 2013, 23:14

If you've read the rules, you wouldn't be making this topic. Advertising equals to an instant ban, though most sites do have the advertising section. But perhaps advertising will be allowed once we get a lot more members, and the site is overflowing...(I seriously think that will not happen.) but that will be a thing to discuss in the future.

In other words, I agree with Snowlily. This topic is technically spam, and...other stuff she said...

P.S I do not mean to be mean Sweat
Illusion
Loner

Custom Rank : The Unknown
WarriorPoints : 6496
Female Posts : 1121

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 50,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspenleaf on April 22nd 2013, 15:32

It's a good idea. This it wouldn't be "stealing activity" since everyone can, I dunno, SHARE THEIR MEMBERS. There is a website field on our profiles. I think it's kind of stupid that this forum can advertise anywhere they'd like but it's members can't even tell their friends about their own sites. It is a bit unfair.
Aspenleaf
Loner

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett on April 22nd 2013, 16:10

Its the rules. You either abide by them or you leave. As cheesestar said sharing a bunch of the same members across several sites benefits no one. It just cuts activity down.
Scarlett
IceClan Leader
IceClan Leader

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraway on April 22nd 2013, 17:37

Exchanging emails or Facebooks are allowed so you can still contact them tht way if you wish. And whether or not this forum can be shared on other sites is the other forum's business. We don't force other sites to allow advertising so WCF can be the best or something.

Members can participate in more than one site. The rule dis bot intend to restrict its members even if it does. It's just that advertising is spammy and since this forum has quite a bit of users (especially during the summertime), advertisers could pour in and flood the topics if the rule was lifted.

Caraway
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspenleaf on April 22nd 2013, 21:16

Yet there is no rule about cursing. Which, I happen to do. A-lot.
Aspenleaf
Loner

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx on April 22nd 2013, 21:43

Actually, there is a rule about cursing.

5. Be Appropriate!
We are PG-13, which means NO mature/adult content. This also includes asking for personal information. No flaming, harassing, profanity, abusive language or abbreviations, personal attacks, racial, religious, ethnic, or other slurs. WCF has a zero-tolerance policy on abusive/inappropriate content and your account will be immediately suspended. Also, religion and politicial issues should not be discussed in the forums.[/b]

¤  Nyx  ¤
Click above to learn more about me.

"Fly without wings;
Dream with open eyes;
See in darkness."

- Dejan Stojanovic

»  ¤ Collection of Fairytales ¤ Art Gallery ¤ About IceClan ¤ «
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Custom Rank : 2bright4u
WarriorPoints : 36263
Female Posts : 6812

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Torrentheart on April 22nd 2013, 21:51

There's a rule to no cursing, actually. It's the 'Be Appropriate' section of the Site Rules.

Where I see the method to your madness, I kind of the negative outcomes outweighing the beneficial ones.

As an admin of quite a few successful sites myself, I've experimented with this on my own website before, and to be honest, it didn't really work out well. A lot of members, regardless of more active or less active, like to play favorites, especially with the websites created by friends. Friends make potential remakes of the original website and then just add different policies, give away power, etc, and then more members prefer that one compared to the more strict website. Then it's a downfall for the other website because then everyone's on that website rather than the other one and then you, who had a successful site 3 seconds ago, are sitting there wondering what the heck just happened to all your members.

So yeah, I pretty much just explained what everyone else before I posted did.

And affiliating with other websites usually turn out the same way, so yeah Razz
Torrentheart
RiverClan Deputy
RiverClan Deputy

Custom Rank : The BOSS
WarriorPoints : 4626
Male Posts : 449

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 50,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett on April 22nd 2013, 23:05

I think its been establisted that several members including staff dont like the idea and the tech team and dragonclaw clearly spell out in the rules that it is NOT going to happen. Does someone mind locking this already? It's collecting repetitive spammy posts.
Scarlett
IceClan Leader
IceClan Leader

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost on April 23rd 2013, 07:53

You know, you should just leave if you can't follow the rules.

Not to be mean but yeah.

Thread Solved and Locked

✩ 【 About Frost 】✩
About the Masqueraders
Frost
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Custom Rank : Fab
WarriorPoints : 23249
Female Posts : 4113

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 100,000