Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

Music Academy  - Page 2 Banner10

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

Music Academy  - Page 2 Banner10

Warrior Cats Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Academy

+2
Caligo
Frost
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Music Academy  - Page 2 Empty Music Academy

Post by Frost August 21st 2012, 02:57

First topic message reminder :

Music Academy is a roleplay that goes about musically talented teenagers.
There's an upcoming annual music competition for individuals!

JOINING FORM

Name:
Description:
Instrument:
Other:

MY CHARACTERS

Name: Dominique
Description: 12-year-old girl with platinum blonde hair and pale blue eyes. Easily makes friends with her sweet disposition.
Instrument: Piano
Other: Good at duets

Name: Emmanuel
Description: 15-year-old boy with black hair and eyes. Hides his emotions well but cannot stand sudden changes.
Instrument: Violin
Other: None

ROLEPLAY CHARACTERS

Dominique, 12-year-old girl with platinum blonde hair and pale blue eyes. Easily makes friends with her sweet disposition. Plays the piano and is good at duets. ~Phantom

Emmanuel, 15-year-old boy with black hair and eyes. Hides his emotions well but cannot stand sudden changes. Plays the violin. ~Phantom

Kai, Asian teenage boy, with dark black hair in a slightly weird mushroom shaped haircut. He's a bit aniti-social and slightly competitive. He loves playing in small groups, or with other people, but dislikes large orchestras. Is always seen with his Stradivarius. Plays the violin. Considered a prodigy at a young age, but gets jealous when others are more skillful than him. He loves playing duets. ~Jadefrost

Cara, Short, Asian girl with large eyes and chin-length hair. Plays the Trumpet Dance and Flute. Does not like show-offs or modest people, particularly younger ones. ~CheeseStar

Amy
, Tall, teenage Asian girl with shoulder-length black hair. Smart and athletic, she also plays tennis and is very competitive. Is always rather social and talks to anyone. Plays the viola. Is also considered a prodigy on the viola, she is proud of her skills, but would help her friends (to an extent of course) with improving their own skills. Always setting high goals for herself, she is always disappointed when something doesn't go right. Enjoys playing in any group. (Duets, ensembles, etc.) ~Brightstar

Last edited by Phantom on August 21st 2012, 08:53; edited 2 times in total
Frost
Frost
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Custom Rank : Fab
WarriorPoints : 25625
Female Posts : 4113

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 100,000

Back to top Go down

Music Academy  - Page 2 Empty Re: Music Academy

Post by Nyx August 22nd 2012, 09:54

Amy rollled her eyes and followed Kai. Already, there were some students practicing and warming up there, and a few had already finished their chair test! "When do these people wake up?" she muttered, glancing at the plain silver-and-white clock by the doorway. It was only 7:28 a.m. The practice rooom was already beginning to fill up, more people coming as early as they could, leaving the stragglers for later. Amy nudged Kai with her viola case. "That's a good place to warm up," she suggested, pointing at a currently unoccupied corner.

~Treating this like it's All Region. Dance~
Nyx
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Custom Rank : 2bright4u
WarriorPoints : 38643
Female Posts : 6814

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 150,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligo August 22nd 2012, 11:20

Kai looked around, and saw nearly half the orchestra already there, with some already done with their test. He stumbled slightly as Amy nudged him with her case, and he nodded in agreement. "How about you play your part for me, and vice versa? That way it'll seem realistic..." He unpacked his violin, slipping on the shoulder rest and tightening his bow. "You want to go first, or shall I?"
Caligo
Caligo
Loner

Custom Rank : Nothing Special.
WarriorPoints : 9134
Male Posts : 139

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 60,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx August 22nd 2012, 12:31

"Sure," Amy agreed, setting down her case and taking out the viola. "Since, you're the one who's ready, why don't you go first?" She had no doubt that Kai would ace the chair test. He was one of the best of the many violinists, and she didn't many people who could match his skill. Amy set her tightened bow on the closest stand and looked expectantly at Kai as he readied himself.
Nyx
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Noxe August 22nd 2012, 19:01

Must join now ;D

Name: Hannah Troll
Description: Tall 14 year old girl with short, kind of curly, dirty blonde-ish hair, and glasses
Instrument: Bass
Other: First chair at her school, participated in CCYO, finds it easy to talk to people, jokes a lot.

All of this is true Troll
Noxe
Noxe
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Custom Rank : veteran
WarriorPoints : 13264
Female Posts : 3294

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligo August 22nd 2012, 22:20

~Nice... A bit weird, but ok...~

Agreeing, Kai lifted his violin in playing position, and the notes began to sing out. Playing through the first two excerpts easily, he moved onto the Tchaikovsky, the most difficult out of all of them. Fingers flying, he closed his eyes to ward off any distractions. He furrowed his eyebrows and finished the section with a flourish, lifting the bow off the string. The lasting note rang through the hall, and Kai quickly clasped the strings, stopping the resonance, his face reddening slight with embarrassment. "So..." he said, relaxing his shoulders and cracking his knuckles. "Any comments?"
Caligo
Caligo
Loner

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx August 23rd 2012, 09:25

Amy raisd her eyebrows. "No mistakes, intonation was basically flawless for the most part, so it's perfect." She shrugged and grinned. "I won't be surprised if you're Concertmaster again." Amy raised her own viola to playing position and reached for her bow. Most people would get stuck with the Tchaikovsky, she knew. So play it perfect and you would practically be guaranteed a high position. That is, if you didn't mess up badly on the two relatively easy songs.
Nyx
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Noxe August 23rd 2012, 09:57

~*assumes I'm accepted XD*~

Hannah shifted her bass, then decided to put it on the floor. "Dude, seriously? Everyone know's your really good." She rolled her eyes, then added with a troll face, "Although this one Asian girl I know, Michelle, is better." (Troll that's me)
Noxe
Noxe
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx August 23rd 2012, 11:36

~Phantom didn't accept you though. o.O~
Nyx
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligo August 23rd 2012, 12:25

~Phantom said she wouldn't be that active and had to study for exams, so she won't be on much, so...~

Kai frowned slightly, "It was perfect this time and there's no guessing what could happen during the real thing." He silently hoped that he'd do well enough to retain his spot as concertmaster. He sat back, ready to watch Amy perform. She was one of the best violists in the orchestra, and he hoped that she'd place high. He closed his eyes, folding his arms across his chest. "Whenever you're ready..." he said.
Caligo
Caligo
Loner

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx August 23rd 2012, 15:22

~Ehhh. Idk what Phantom wants to do.~

"True," Amy agreed, putting her viola up to playing position. Taking a deep breath, she began on her first excerpt. The notes rolled forward smoothly, and the deep, mellow sounds of the viola filled the air. She flew past the two easy songs, and paused before the Tchaikovsky to gather her concentration. Experienced violist or not, it was still easy to mess up on fast songs like these under pressure. Amy began the piece, her fingers flying as she played from memory, her eyes on her hands. Once, she thought she might've played a note off pitch, but refused to let the mistake distract her from the rest of the song. Amy finished the Tchaikovsky with a flourish much like Kai's, except with a little more restraint. Cutting off the resonating note, she looked at Kai questioningly.
Nyx
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligo August 23rd 2012, 15:36

Kai's eyes widened as Amy finished the excerpts with an impressive flourish similar to his. He clapped quietly, trying not to disturb any of the other musicians. "That was great!" he complimented. "Just double check to see if your strings are pitch perfect before you test," he advised her. "I'm not exactly sure, but your D and G seemed a hair flat." He rose from the chair and picked up his violin. "While my fingers are still rearing to go, I think I'll audition now." Kai headed off towards the waiting line, mentally calculating notes and fingerings.
Caligo
Caligo
Loner

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx August 23rd 2012, 15:49

"Thanks!" Amy called after him, pleased. Taking Kai's advice, she double-checked her strings, and discovered that it was a bit flat. She adjusted the fine tuner knob until all the strings were pitch perfect. After running through the most difficult measures one last time, Amy took her place in the line, fidgeting impatiently as she watched student after student head into the room.
Nyx
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Noxe August 23rd 2012, 15:58

~I guess I can RP then? If not, I can edit this~

"Wow Amy, that was just so completely rad." (Hannah and I were helping Mrs. Cimbalo today, and she kept saying that, it was so annoying. -.- She told me not to control what adjectives she used Razz) Hannah was standing there with her bass on the floor. She turned to scowl at a passing student who had gotten to close to her bass. "Dude, don't step on that. Do you have any idea how fragile and delicate this full size bass actually is?" She was half joking, but the student shouldn't know that. (can we godmod the other people?)
Noxe
Noxe
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Caligo August 24th 2012, 23:30

~You can correct me if I'm wrong, but I suppose you can godmod other musicians; we don't have enough people to make a whole orchestra...~

Kai waited patiently in line for his turn to come. Finally, the violinist in front of him went into the audition room. When he came out, Kai gave him a friendly smile, and headed in. Familiar with the room layout, he faced the judge, holding his violin at the ready. She asked him how he was, and if he felt any sense of nervousness. "Oh it's this kind of judge..." Kai thought, knowing all too well this chair test wasn't going to be the serious type. He put on his best false smile and began. Exact like his run-through with Amy watching, his first excerpts were flawless. However when he began the Tchaikovsky, he couldn't help but feel a slight sense of satisfaction when her eyes lit up with surprise. He finished off his audition, hoping that it was good enough to clinch him the top spot again. Walking back into the rehearsal hall, he looked around to see if any of his friends had finished their tests too.
Caligo
Caligo
Loner

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content