Warrior Cats Forum
Welcome to Warrior Cats Forum!

Start exploring our lands by clicking here! Also click here to read the Site Rules. Registering on our community gives you access to our forums, territories, roleplays, chatbox, art galleries, worlds, and more! It's time to begin the adventure!

Factory Farming  Banner10

Factory Farming

Go down

Factory Farming  Empty Factory Farming

Post by Stormheart on January 21st 2012, 00:57

The Video below is pretty graphic, but I think people should know what they are eating. It is sick and cruel. This is a pretty graphic video but it happens every day, and it has to stop.

This is the least graphic video I could find. (Once you get about half way though it shows the right way animals should live.) Please, raise awareness. This has to stop.

EDIT: If you can not handle all of the video, skip to 3:16. (:

Last edited by Stormheart on January 22nd 2012, 15:22; edited 1 time in total
Stormheart
Stormheart
Loner

Custom Rank : Retired EdgeLord
WarriorPoints : 5056
Female Posts : 405

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 20,000

Back to top Go down

Factory Farming  Empty Re: Factory Farming

Post by Auburnflare on January 21st 2012, 13:47

Oh my god! I couldn`t even watch this! I am now, officially, a vegetarian! Cheesestar also made a picture about Factory Farming.
Auburnflare
Auburnflare
Loner

Custom Rank : Sexy Vampire cow
WarriorPoints : 12525
Male Posts : 1707

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by FabFur on January 21st 2012, 13:56

OMG! I can't finish watching this! Crying or Very sad
FabFur
FabFur
RiverClan Senior Warrior
RiverClan Senior Warrior

Custom Rank : Koolest Kat !!!
WarriorPoints : 5331
Female Posts : 1133

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 15,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormheart on January 21st 2012, 15:00

It's even worse now. :/ They kill all male chicks, by throwing them on a conveyor belt were they get dropped on too a blade. It's sick. There is so much more that happens. (Pm me if you want to know other things that go on.)
Stormheart
Stormheart
Loner

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx on January 21st 2012, 15:31

Aww... That's not right...

¤  Nyx  ¤
Click above to learn more about me.

"Fly without wings;
Dream with open eyes;
See in darkness."

- Dejan Stojanovic

»  ¤ Collection of Fairytales ¤ Art Gallery ¤ About IceClan ¤ «
Nyx
Nyx
IceClan Warrior
IceClan Warrior

Custom Rank : 2bright4u
WarriorPoints : 36968
Female Posts : 6813

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 150,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Smoketail88 on January 21st 2012, 16:05

Watching this video made me feel the need to give a little mini-rant on animal cruelty. Please excuse the length, I might've gotten a tad carried away. ;w;

I can't believe this... I'm a white-meat vegetarian, which is where the only "meat" you eat is chicken and fish, but now I'm not sure I can even be that! Last year in school a girl did a presentation on how cruelly pigs were treated. I never ate pork again. In truth, this has to stop. Animals, whether they will be used for food eventually or not, don't deserve to die a cruel death! Most farmers in my area claim that their products are "no animal cruelty", but you can't really know for sure unless you put a video camera in their barn and film them in action with their animals. Since no one will do that, we have to take the farmer's word for it. But in these cases, trust isn't always enough... sometimes someone you thought was trustworthy can take up lying in an effort to sell their products.

Just making laws against this problem won't stop it. There already is plenty of laws against the unethical treatment of animals, but people like the ones in this video still do it. Truth is, they don't care. They don't care that they're hurting the animals, they don't care that they're breaking the law. All they care about is making money. And it has to stop. Sure, you can arrest the people that are doing this, but there'll still be someone out there that continues to do it, regardless of the high stakes. So how do you stop this problem? That question may forever go unanswered...

Videos like this one are aimed to raise awareness of how some people treat animals, not to gross people out. Not every farmer does this, and it may even be a rarity. But there are still people that do it, and that's what isn't right. You don't have to give up meat forever. All you have to do is to consider buying organic meat products rather than non-organic "meat". The animals are treated better, and you feel better - it's a virtuous cycle.

//end mini-rant// This is just how I see it. It's not written the best, I did it quickly... but hopefully it teaches you something. x3

~Smokey
Smoketail88
Smoketail88
Loner

Custom Rank : Just another derp~
WarriorPoints : 2691
Female Posts : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormheart on January 21st 2012, 16:14

Thank you. But yeah it not right. The only meat I will eat is stuff off my little 'farm'. (3 Chickens and a goat. xD) I Never by "Chicken of The Sea" It's a brand of canned tuna. I will make a topic on that later. They kill loads of endangered fish and marine life. Ugh, I can't stand there guts.
Stormheart
Stormheart
Loner

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraway on January 21st 2012, 16:39

Snowdapple did a project on this. in my class we had a seminar on factory farming too. it's so unbelievable that no one in my class knew about this except the teacher. we thought out meat came form natural farming. i spoke a little about this on the Liger/Tiger topic, and yeah, did you know that the workers take drugs to keep them awake and unaware of what they are doing? search up the Meat Video. it's gross, but it's the truth. sometimes workers even drown in the manure pits being knocked out by the smell, Snowdapple says.

Caraway
Caraway
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Custom Rank : Behind the Mask
WarriorPoints : 32126
Female Posts : 5555

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormheart on January 21st 2012, 17:38

Ugh, That does not surprise me. Some people are just Idiots. :/ It's not right. But I'm tying to raise awareness... Thanks every one that has commented.
Stormheart
Stormheart
Loner

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraway on January 21st 2012, 18:23

if we stop factory farming though we will have no meat basically. factory farming accounts for 95% of our meat; the rest is organic, which is unaffordable and too hard to produce to feed everyone.

Caraway
Caraway
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormheart on January 21st 2012, 19:13

CheeseStar wrote:if we stop factory farming though we will have no meat basically. factory farming accounts for 95% of our meat; the rest is organic, which is unaffordable and too hard to produce to feed everyone.

If we could get it to stop and there were local organic farms in a 50 miles radius, of just about every town, it would be no were as expansive. Every thing would be so much better. All people have to do is cut down on the meat. 1. don't bye factory farm meat. 2. That means no meat from fast food places. It's not that hard, but it is when most people think that is a stupid idea. :/ I mean you could buy a calf, for $180 and raise it. You can buy an adult cow for about $800.00 for an average. And you don't really have to feed them. Just supply of lush grass in the field. (Unless its a calf.) A full grown cow can Feed a family of 7 for half a year, also with about 3-5 gallons of milk a day.
Stormheart
Stormheart
Loner

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraway on January 21st 2012, 20:20

organic meat isn't only more costly cuz it's more uncommon; it actually takes more time and work and space to raise the animals and there has to be much more care in transporting the meat. if there were lots of organic farms, the labour cost wouldn't go down; only the cost of shipping and handling during processing would, technically.

Caraway
Caraway
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormheart on January 21st 2012, 20:36

Yes I know that, but In my opinion, it is a way better option. I think It would be better if we lived that way. People should cut down on meat anyway. You live way healthier, when eating less meat.
Stormheart
Stormheart
Loner

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Smoketail88 on January 22nd 2012, 12:17

CheeseStar wrote:organic meat isn't only more costly cuz it's more uncommon; it actually takes more time and work and space to raise the animals and there has to be much more care in transporting the meat. if there were lots of organic farms, the labour cost wouldn't go down; only the cost of shipping and handling during processing would, technically.
True, but organic meat, though it takes more time and work to prepare, is better for the animals and - believe it or not - you. I read somewhere once that some farmers give the animals drugs to make them grow faster. Organic farming doesn't do that, since they try to farm "naturally". However, factory farming does, and those drugs that they give the animals can seriously hurt humans. So, organic meat is technically better for you, despite the high cost. I'd rather pay more and have good health than pay less and get sick. Wouldn't you? Cat Smile
Smoketail88
Smoketail88
Loner

Back to top Go down

Post by Asterismos on January 22nd 2012, 12:42

RANT WARNING.
Wouldn't you rather just not eat meat? It's very hard to find true organic food. Even if eggs say "from free-range chickens", it's not really that different. That just means that they leave the doors open once a day so the chickens can go outside, but the chickens most likely don't even know that the doors are open.
There's a much more gruesome video out there that really shows factory farming. I don't think it's appropriate to post it here though. Sweat
It's not quite right to eat fish, either. Did you know that fish are eaten alive, cut into pieces? Their eyes are covered so that they can't see people reaching for their body parts. People don't care about the pain of fish.
I did a huge project on this for school and now my friend refuses to eat meat. Cat Smile
Asterismos
Asterismos
Loner

Custom Rank : Sweet and Elite
WarriorPoints : 6181
Female Posts : 156

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 50,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormheart on January 22nd 2012, 12:55

I know what you mean. But I live out near big organic fields. *I live in the plains of North Carolina* And it's pretty easy to come by Organic meat here. I even have a organic field right in my yard. *It's for veggies though* And If it is hard for you to come by the meat were you live then it is a better option to just not eat it at all.

~And fish are treated very badly. ugh it makes me sick. I Thinking about making a topic here like I did at another site. It will take time to make though considering I can't put links. :/ It raises awareness for all kinds of things.
Stormheart
Stormheart
Loner

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Asterismos on January 22nd 2012, 13:02

Not only is it bad for the animals, it's polluting the environment with excrement and feces. Working conditions are also pretty dangerous and extreme. There's so much particulate matter in the air that a few hours of exposure can give you chronic lung diseases. The gas from the animals is also toxic and lethal. The workers are constantly at risk.
Asterismos
Asterismos
Loner

Custom Rank : Sweet and Elite
WarriorPoints : 6181
Female Posts : 156

Warrior Information
Attack Power : 50,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Smoketail88 on January 22nd 2012, 13:21

Snowdapple wrote:RANT WARNING.
Wouldn't you rather just not eat meat? It's very hard to find true organic food. Even if eggs say "from free-range chickens", it's not really that different. That just means that they leave the doors open once a day so the chickens can go outside, but the chickens most likely don't even know that the doors are open.
There's a much more gruesome video out there that really shows factory farming. I don't think it's appropriate to post it here though. Sweat
It's not quite right to eat fish, either. Did you know that fish are eaten alive, cut into pieces? Their eyes are covered so that they can't see people reaching for their body parts. People don't care about the pain of fish.
I did a huge project on this for school and now my friend refuses to eat meat. Cat Smile
I have to admit, I knew nothing of the suffering of fish... Seafood is a huge industry where I live. (*is from the Pacific coast of BC*) However, no one here does that, I'm sure. I guess it's like I said in my earlier rant, it's hard to trust farmers by their word, they could be lying. It may be the same with fishers, but I couldn't imagine anyone I know doing that... Sweat
Smoketail88
Smoketail88
Loner

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormheart on January 22nd 2012, 13:59

Here Tuna industries are the worst. In Canada Clover Leaf canned Tuna is a really bad industry. They kill loads of endangers fish, turtles, sharks, and other marine life, so they can make more money. In American the worst is "Chicken of The Sea." (Also a brand of canned tuna) They basically do the same thing as Canada's brand Clover Leaf.

~ Like I said I will make a topic about this also.

Last edited by Stormheart on January 22nd 2012, 20:15; edited 1 time in total
Stormheart
Stormheart
Loner

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraway on January 22nd 2012, 19:45

people these days will do too many things for money. humans think they are the smartest because they have it all, and can create it all. we're actually the dumbest because without making things do stuff for us, we wouldn't know how to survive. animals have known things for generations before us. we should respect them instead of worshipping the damage our kind has already done to them.

Caraway
Caraway
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Warrior Information

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content